Only You Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers

By the time he had arrived, Matt and Jake were already there as well as Shanna, Jake's hellish wife. She greeted him warmly, hugging him to her. From the look on Jake's face it seems they had a nice makeup session in the hotel. Derek silently prayed the good mood would last.

Matt slapped him playfully on the back. "Looking good D," he said, letting out a low whistle.

"Thanks man. You know I have to look good for the ladies." He had taken a lot of care with his wardrobe that night. After fifteen minutes staring at the selection of clothes he'd brought with him, he had decided on a pair of nice black slacks, a black pinstripe shirt and cobalt colored silk tie that matched perfectly with his eyes. His hair was its normal state, curly and unkempt, the shaggy locks falling softly into his eyes.

"Anyone in particular you trying to look good for?" Matt's green eyes smiled at him.

"I see that nap did you good. Try not to over drink tonight, Martha. I don't want to have to drag your ass out tonight."

Tipping an imaginary hat, he walked off to the bar.

"Whatever!" Matt called out to him. "Don't forget about your actual girlfriend!"

Shit, Derek thought. He did talk to Lottie earlier after things wrapped up at the Expo. She was about to leave her apartment, heading out for a night on the town. He made her promise not to get into anything she couldn't handle. Derek was the only one that knew about her three month stint at a rehab center in Utah for a minor cocaine problem; he would be lying if he said he wasn't a little worried.

She's a big girl. She can't always look to you to solve her problems all the time. Have fun tonight.

He ordered a double of Crown Royale and sipped it slowly, enjoying the smooth taste of the cognac.

Yes, he was planning on enjoying himself tonight. The liquor was good, the music was great, and he was surrounded by good people.

"That better be iced tea in that glass!"

Derek turned and his blue eyes lit up. "Hey guys! It's so good to see you! He grabbed both Angie and Connor in a tight hug.

"You guys look amazing," he exclaimed. "Where are the twins?"

"Uh, not out at a night club that's for sure. My mom is babysitting in Jersey for the night. Connor and I have a whole night to ourselves."

"How does it feel to be back out in the real world?"

Connor sighed dramatically. "Sweet freedom, man. I see you're still looking like a scrawny rocker."

Derek smiled. "What can I say? The ladies love it. Look at you two, though. Parenthood agrees with both of you."

They had changed. Angie, though the fire was till there, she seemed to have softened feature wise. Her curves were softer and the glow of motherhood was all around her.

"Connor, I see we're going into the world of facial hair." Derek pointed to the scruffy beard now taking up residence on Connor's face.

Angie smiled and kissed her husband. "Don't poke fun, D. I happen to like it. It makes me feel like I'm having sex with a ferocious mountain man." She squealed when he nuzzled his beard against her neck.

"Oh ew, keep it clean tonight old folks. Speaking of old, is the rest of the crew coming?"

"Well, Jess is still in Ireland with her Eric" Connor said. "Sean and Nina should be on their way. And is Carrie even coming?"

Angie nodded. "Last time I heard. Is that going to cause any problems, Derek?"

Derek shook his head. "No. Lottie's not here. She couldn't make it. Too much partying to do, I suppose. So everything is going to be fine."

"Happy Birthday, cutie-pie!"

Nina and Sean walked over to him, Nina looking fashionable as usual.

"Hey guys!" He said as Nina embraced him tightly.

"Happy Birthday, man." Sean said. "It's good to see you."

"You too. Wait a minute. If you two are here, who's watching the streets of New York?" Derek said, pointing to Angie and Sean.

"Oh you have no idea how hard it is to tear Sean away from work," Nina said, flipping her long black hair over her shoulder. "I hardly see him anymore."

"I bet," Derek said, his blue eyes winking dramatically. "Listen guys, I'm going to mingle. Get drinks and kick back. Tonight's going to be awesome."

Twenty minutes later, the party was in full swing. There were plenty of people there, Derek's family and friends, and many members from NerdsUnite!.

After about three doubles of Crown, he was feeling pretty happy. He looked over at Matt, who was talking to a cute brunette with a pixie haircut. "Having a good time?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, it's been pretty sweet." His eyes scanned the room. Where was Tegan? The party had been going on for nearly an hour, and she was nowhere to be found.

He was drawn out of his thoughts by Matt's low whistle. "Holy fuck," he exclaimed. "Is that DJ Girl?" His finger pointed to the door. "Jeez, mate you're in for a world of trouble."

Derek's eyes followed Matt's finger and he gasped softly. Tegan had entered the VIP room with her friend Drea and another guy he didn't know. Drea looked smoking hot, but Tegan...she was gorgeous.

Her normally shaggy bangs and black hair were styled in retro pin curls. She was wearing a navy blue silk wrap dress that highlighted her large firm breasts. The smooth material curved into her waistline and flared at her shapely hips and rounded ass. Her russet-colored skin shone under the club lights and he longed to feel the silkiness under his fingertips.

Yes, he couldn't help but feel longing as he stared at her. Practically jumping up from his seat, he stalked over to her.

"Tegan J!" he said, perhaps a bit too brightly. "So glad you could make it!"

********

A little nervous was an understatement. Her heart was thumping softly when she, Drea, and Teddy hauled a cab and made their way to the Black Cat. By the time they got to the club and passed the long line of people waiting outside, it was doing leaps in her chest. Amid the catcalls and hollers of 'Looking good, baby!' they got in with no problem. Going to the second floor of the expansive nightclub was no problem. She was too nervous to even comment on how good the music was.

It was only when she got to the VIP room and saw his reaction to her outfit did her heart start beating out a large brass band rhythm in her ribcage. His eyes...he looked as if he were going to devour her. That simple look shot her confidence through the roof. Nothing better than a sexy ass man looking at you like he's going to blow his load, she thought happily.

"Okay girl," Drea said next to her. She smoothed down her halter dress. "He's coming over here."

Tegan braced herself. Damn, he looks so good she thought, her eyes taking in the sight of him all dolled up. "Tegan J! So glad you could make it!"

"Hey Derek. Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks, babe. You look fucking hot."

Her skin blazed at his words. "Thanks, you clean up well yourself."

"Pfft. Utter tosh. How's the sexiest bartender doing? Thanks for putting up with me and the other prats last night. You were a doll."

Drea giggled. "No problem. You guys weren't that bad."

"Oh please. You should have chucked a glass at my head. I was that obnoxious."

"Well, maybe just a little. Oh, this is our friend Teddy. I hope it's cool we brought him." She linked arms with Teddy, who smiled at Derek.

"No worries, it's cool. Nice to meet you mate." He held out his hand, which Teddy promptly shook.

"Likewise, dude. Happy Birthday."

Drea clapped her hands. "Okay, I'm going to the ladies room to freshen up."

Derek turned to Tegan. "You want to get a drink?"

"Sure," she replied.

"I'll go too," Teddy piped up. Tegan shot him the dirtiest look she could muster. "Uh, actually I'd better go with Drea. You know how those soap dispensers confuse her." He walked off quickly to join the retreating Drea.

Derek held out his arm for Tegan. "Come along Tegan J. Let's get you liquored up; it'll be easier to seduce you that way."

Lord, she thought. This boy is too smooth. I can never tell when he's joking.

"Stop trying to take advantage of my innocence, Derek Ryan." They had reached the bar, but he hadn't let go of her hand.

Derek leaned in, his lips close to her ear. "Oh, I doubt you're anything but innocent, Tegan J. In fact, I think you're a very naughty girl."

She felt her head swim and her panties dampen with his words. Right now really would be ideal for a drink. Tegan glanced at the bartender, who was eyeing the exchange curiously. "I'll take a Long Island Ice Tea," she rasped. When he handed her the drink she sipped generously.

"Easy there luv," Derek said as his hand found its way to the small of her back, resting gently right above her ass. "I don't want you ralphing before we have a chance to dance."

"Dance?" she asked, taking a smaller sip of the drink.

He smiled, that sweet lopsided grin that had her pussy throbbing. "Yes, dance. You know, that whole process of moving one's body to a beat of a song."

She grinned, catching her glossy bottom lip between her teeth and Derek fought the urge to kiss her. Damn her and that lip ring, he thought.

Derek grasped her hand again and led her to a semi-darkened corner of the room. Taking another sip of her drink she shot him a look. He held up his hands in surrender. "I promise to behave myself," he said, winking.

They sat, sinking into the plush leather of the chair. "I thought you said we were going to dance," Tegan said, draining her glass. "You know, the process of moving one's body to a beat of a song."

"Very cute, smartass. I just wanted to talk with you."

She felt his blue-eyed gaze drift to her large breasts, the tops of which where highly visible due to the low cut of her dress. Tegan smirked. "Eyes up here, buddy."

Derek smiled unashamedly. "What can I say? You're looking good tonight."

"Really? You don't think it's too much?"

He moved closer to her on the couch. "You really don't know how to take a compliment, do you?"

She smiled. "I've been told that." Tegan's gaze fell to her hands as her fingers toyed idly with the hem of dress. "I have a present for you. It's not done yet though."

Derek was touched. "You didn't have to do that, Tegan J." I just met you and you got me something, he thought. Meanwhile my girlfriend of five months can't even bother to spend fifteen fucking minutes of her time talking to me on the phone.

"It's no big deal, just a thank you for inviting me to this swanky soiree."

He smiled, the same lopsided grin that made her insides flutter. "It's more of a shindig, really."

"How can you tell the difference?"

"Well, a soiree is too stuffy. A shindig implies a laid-back atmosphere, so a shindig is way better."

"Is there anything better than a shindig?"

His eyes suddenly got serious. Leaning closer into her, he stared at her. "Of course. A hootenanny is the mother of all get-togethers."

They continued to stare at each other until Tegan burst out laughing. Shoving him playfully, she shook her head.

"Anyone ever tell you you're a little bit mad?"

He grinned. "All the time. We should hang out."

"What do you call what we're doing now?"

Derek gently picked up her hand. As he slid his fingers between hers, he whispered. "Shameless flirting."

Her skin sizzled when in contact with his and Tegan found it hard to form complete sentences. "What are you saying?"

He was edging closer now, his full lips taking over anything else that could have been in view. "Go out with me," he said softly.

Her heart was threatening to combust, it was beating so loud. "Like, on a date?"

Derek grinned. "For such a sexy girl, you can be quite daft." His lips fell to her neck, nuzzling the soft skin smelling like the sweetest roses and lilies. His other hand rested on her thigh, itching to trail its way farther up, but satisfied itself by running fingers up and down the smooth brown skin. The sweetest sighs of pleasure escaped her lips, her breath warm on neck, and tickling his ear.

He kissed his way up to her, both her cheeks, her forehead, the tip of her nose. Tegan's hand clutched his hand now cradling her cheek.

Right as his lips were about to descend onto hers, she whispered her answer.

"Okay."

Derek smiled. "You know, that lip ring is so fucking hot."

Tegan looked up at him and he could feel his cock swelling. She looked so innocent with those wide amber eyes. How she could look naïve, yet so unbelievably sensual at the same time thrilled him.

"C'mere," he groaned, bringing her face to his.

Their lips touched and Tegan let out a small whimper as his tongue found its way into her mouth. Her fingers twirled themselves into his springy dark locks as he pulled her closer to him. She was sitting half on his lap, half on the chair when her teeth nipped at his bottom lip. Grinning slyly as he groaned, Tegan sucked his lip between her teeth and tugged.

Derek felt his cock twitch in his pants. "I knew you were a naughty girl, Tegan J." He kissed her again, harder this time, ignoring the sights and sounds of the club. The only thing he heard was the blood rushing to his head.

********

Drea elbowed Teddy, who was busy talking with a slightly drunken Nina.

"Do you see that?" she hissed happily. She pointed to the corner where Tegan and Derek were currently kissing.

Teddy looked up from his conversation. "Oh my," he remarked, as Derek's hand slid further up Tegan's exposed thigh. "They're like a couple of horny high-schoolers."

Nina giggled. "Wow."

"I'll say," Drea added.

"Has anyone seen Derek? I want to give him his birthday present before I get too drunk to remember." Sean asked, joining the little group.

Teddy pointed to the corner. "Looks like Little Ryan is getting his birthday present right now."

"Holy..." Sean sputtered. "Why are you guys watching him make out with someone?"

"Are you kidding?" Nina exclaimed. "This is better than late-night television."

Sean shot her a look. "I think you've had enough to drink, Gill. You know how you get on alcohol."

He tried to take away her drink, when she slapped his hand away. "I wouldn't do that, Slugger. I'm getting drunk in hopes of taking advantage of you tonight." She laughed brightly. "That doesn't make sense, does it?"

Everyone laughed. "No, Pretty. It doesn't." Grabbing her hand, Sean steadied her.

"Where's Carrie lame ass? She's supposed to be here."

"Oh, is that another one of your friends?" Drea asked.

Nina nodded. "Yup. She's also Derek's ex."

Sean coughed. "Um, Neens..."

"Ex?" Teddy asked.

"Well, not really ex. They weren't really dating...just kind of fucking around and thought no one in the group knew about it. But I'm Carrie's best friend and she told me."

Drea looked at Teddy, and the same thought passed between them. Oh. DRAMA.

********

"Whoa, whoa, are we really doing this?" Tegan pulled herself away from Derek's embrace. What are doing you silly bitch, her brain screamed.

"What, what are we doing?" Derek ran a hand through his curls and straightened his tie.

"Making out on a couch like we're on a study date." She attempted to restore order to her hair and dress.

"If people ask, I'll just say you threw yourself at me. They'll believe me with my innocent eyes."

Tegan grinned. "You're something else, Derek Ryan."

He looked into her eyes and felt the urge to kiss her again. Tegan squealed and put her hands out to stop him.

"Oh no. I'm going to have your family and friends thinking I'm some sort of scandalous girl who makes out with you after only just meeting you."

She stood up as gracefully as possible. Her legs felt wobbly and Jello-like. Derek stood next to her, holding out his hand to brace her.

"You good?" he asked.

"Yes," she replied as he cupped her chin in his hand. "Maybe I've had...too much to drink."

His smile spread slow on his face as his beautiful blues twinkled impishly. "After one drink? Don't tell me you can't hold your alcohol, Tegan J."

Tegan raised a slender dark eyebrow. "I'll have you know, Derek Ryan, I can drink with the best of them."

"Happy Birthday, baby boy" a voice husked.

Derek turned to face the person and his grin faltered slightly.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting anything." Carrie's eyebrows were lifted in amusement.

"Care," he stammered. "I didn't know you were coming."

She shrugged. "I told you on the phone last night that I was. You must have been more hammered than I thought."

Her gaze fell on Tegan who swore she saw a dangerous flash behind the eyes of the woman who was now making Derek look viciously uncomfortable.

"And who is this?" Carrie asked simply. Her tone was genial enough, but Derek knew better. Carrie was trying to mark her territory.

"This is my friend Tegan. Tegan, this is Carrie. She's one of my sister-in-law's best friends."

Tegan extended her hand. "Nice to meet you."

Carrie shook her hand firmly. "Likewise. Derek introduced me as Roxie's best friend, but I'm much more than that, aren't I Derek?" she smiled sweetly.

As Tegan wondered what she meant, Derek coughed. "Tegan, if you'll excuse me I have to go talk to Carrie in private."

Tegan nodded. "Sure. I'm going to get a drink." She left them and walked over to one of the bars where Drea and Teddy were currently sitting.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to come up for air." Teddy handed a drink and grinned proud like a parent.

"Oh jeez." Tegan slapped her forehead. "You guys saw that?"

Drea rolled her eyes. "Babe, the whole party knows you had a good time."

Tegan couldn't help the grin plastered on her face. "I know. I normally don't do things like that. But..." she glanced at Derek, who was across the room talking to Carrie. "You see him, right?"

Teddy nodded. "He certainly is a good-looking boy."

"Oh, he's not a boy." Tegan smiled. "Trust me. Derek Ryan is definitely all man."

Drea and Teddy laughed. "Look at our little baby girl, Teddy. She's playing dress-up and snagged a man of her own." Drea's face turned serious as she surveyed the scene in front of them: the almost intimate touch to Derek's face as Carrie's hand brushed it gently.

"Who's that girl with him now?" Drea asked.

Tegan gulped down the rest of the drink and cleared her throat. "Oh her? That's Carrie. She's his sister-in-law's best friend."

Teddy sputtered. "That's Carrie? Wow, I didn't know..." He stopped when Drea elbowed him.

"Know what?" Tegan asked.

"Nothing," Teddy said, catching himself. "We were talking with Nina and she just mentioned Carrie."

"Uh-huh," Tegan said suspiciously. She looked at the woman who had interrupted her and Derek. Her skin was a deep olive color. Her chestnut colored hair had streaks of blond and hot pink in them, which normally would have looked foolish on someone else but worked for her. Her celery-colored eyes were exotic in her dark face. She was thin, with medium breasts, slender hips, and a round pert ass. She smoldered in a pink cocktail dress and a large matching pink diamond ring that probably cost more than Tegan's entire wardrobe. Suddenly her sexy makeover made her feel like she was trying too hard.

"I'll be right back, I have to go to the ladies room."

Drea caught her arm before she tried to movie. "You okay?" she asked, her green eyes searching her friend's face.

Tegan forced a smile. "I'm five-by-five. I just gotta pee. Breaking the seal is a bitch." "Alright," Drea said, releasing her arm. "Let me know when you want to leave, okay?"

Tegan nodded and walked quickly to the bathroom.

"Think she's figured it out?" Teddy asked.

Drea downed her gin and tonic. "She's naïve, Teddy. But she's not blind."

********

"Looks like your girlfriend can't handle her alcohol," Carrie remarked as Tegan walked past them into the bathroom.

"Is it possible you could be a little nicer?"

nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers