Orc Bait 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've been trying to gain power so that I could stop this. I have known it was coming for some time. And, no, I don't want to become a creature of the night. The demonic taint would change me. It would take over. I wouldn't be my lovable self any more."

I pressed my blade into her neck and she squealed. "Words are not going to save you, Witch. I spared you once, I'm not going to make that mistake again."

She looked calmly into my eyes. There was something in the way she looked at me. It took me back to the temple six years ago. It was the same serene look Sierra had given me as the stonework came crashing down around us. Then she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. It seemed she was accepting her fate. I gripped my sword and got ready to end her. I would make it quick.

Her mouth started moving slightly, and I could hear a faint whisper. Was she saying a prayer? No, and incantation! "No!" I cried out. Then I felt the pressure suddenly build in my head. Dizziness overcame me and the world around me became a blur. Fear suddenly gripped my mind, as well as anger...and lust. I was taken somewhere else...

...

I was sitting in the grass, under the shade of a tree. A beautiful woman with long red hair was nearby talking to a large round man. I pulled at a thin creeper vine that was growing up the tree and let it run through my fingers. My hands were so small and pale.

The grass nearby was moving. Then a long dark shape slithered out toward me. The round black eyes bore into me. Its thin red tongue was flicking out of its pointed head. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I reached forward and wrapped my hand around its slender body. The small smooth scales felt exquisite pressed into my soft skin. I lifted the animal off the ground and held it in front of me. Its shiny black eyes were almost hypnotic as they stared into me. Then, quick as a flash, the pointed head struck at my arm. I felt the sharp pain and saw the two red dots on my pale skin, but I didn't make a sound. I was too much in awe of the magnificent creature.

I was only scared when the nearby woman looked down at me and screamed out, "Aerowyn!" I dropped the snake and it quickly slithered away. The woman rushed over and gathered me in her arms. I could sense her terror and panic as she ran off carrying me in her arms, even if I didn't understand it.

...

I was walking down a dirt road in quaint coastal village. I became aware of someone coming up behind me. Suddenly I was pushed hard from behind, it sent me tumbling into a muddy puddle. "Hahaha, watch your step there, Half-breed!"

My shock quickly turned to anger as I glared up at the three boys standing over me. They looked to be around eight years old. The ringleader was a pudgy light brown-haired boy with a fair face covered in freckles.

"You stupid jerks!" I spat out angrily.

They all just laughed at me. "Where's your daddy, Half-breed? Is he off eating daisies?"

"Maybe he's off getting more human women pregnant. Dirty elf!"

"Where's your daddy, Colvin?" I growled back. "Passed out drunk somewhere?"

His freckled face twitched at hearing that, "Shut the hell up, you little pointy eared freak!" He stepped forward and kicked more mud over me. The others laughed and joined in. I covered my face as the flecks of mud and dirty water splattered over me.

"Hey, stop it!" I heard someone call out. A blonde girl, who was around eight as well, came marching up to the boys. "Just leave her alone, you bullies."

"Yeah, what are you going to do about it, Jo-Jo?"

"I'll tell my father. He has warned you not to pick on her."

"Oh, look at miss high-and-mighty chiefs' daughter. You better run along or we'll put you in the mud with the half-breed."

She took a step closer to him, looking into his eyes, "You just try it then, Colvin."

The boy just stared at her for a moment with a sour look on his face, then he turned away from her. "Come on, let's go," he said to the other boys. "Only 'cause we got better things to do than hang around with ugly girls."

"Cowards," said the girl, watching them leave. She turned back to me, "Are you okay, Aerowyn?" She stepped forward and extended her hand to me to help me up.

She looked beautiful, looking down at me with the bright blue sky behind her. Her long golden hair and blue eyes. And there I was, on the ground covered in filth. My anger quickly faded. I gave her a big smile.

...

There was thick vegetation and tall trees all around me. I peered through the bushes at the human female ranger, who had her bow drawn and was aiming it in my direction. She was standing at the entrance of a ruined crumbling fort. The area was strangely familiar. I had a strong feeling of deja vu.

"Who's there?" she called out. "Come out where I can see you."

She appeared to be quite attractive. I decided to go and introduce myself. I came out with my hands up in front of me, "It's okay, I don't mean you any harm."

She looked me over with her intense dark eyes. I could tell she was sizing me up, I could also tell that she liked what she saw. I was studying her as well. Nut brown skin, an attractive face with medium-length straight brown hair. She had a nice shapely body with large breasts filling out her tight studded leather armor. A smile crossed my lips, I also liked what I saw.

"Who are you?" she asked. She obviously didn't appreciate the intrusion, and was very wary of me. As she should be. But I could tell by looking at her that she was no novice.

"I'm Aerowyn, and you are?"

"Rohme."

"Well met, Rohme. That was fun, wasn't it? We took out all those smelly orcs. We make a good team."

"No, not well met. No, we're not a team. These are my orcs. I had them well scouted out before you came barging in here. Get the hell out of here. Now!"

"Look, I understand you're still a little fired up from the battle, but I'm not your enemy."

"What kind of mage are you, Aerowyn?"

"Just a beginner really. Just a girl starting out down the long, long road of knowledge."

"Did you come in on horseback?"

"Yes, I rode in on my faithful steed Jester. He's somewhere nearby."

"I didn't hear a horse coming."

"A simple spell, to silence my horse."

She nodded down at the dead orcs, "What did you do to them?"

"Thornbite. Deadly magical poison. Effective."

"Right...How old are you Aerowyn?"

"Sixty-four."

She seemed a little surprised, but looked me over closely again, before saying, "Half-elf."

"Yes, that's right. And I'm guessing you're a ranger."

"Just an orc hunter...One who works alone. I was going to take those orcs out by myself."

"But luckily you didn't have to. I helped you kill them, so let's split their ears, fifty-fifty. What do you say?"

She still had her bow drawn and her arrow aimed at my head. "I say get the hell out of here. Now! They're my orcs and you're not getting a single ear, Witch."

She looked like she might be the do-gooder type, I quickly thought up a sob-story, "Come on. I need the money to help my dying uncle. He's a good man, and he can't afford to see a healer. I need to help him. I need those ears."

"Then go hunt your own ears. These are mine."

I stared coldly into her eyes, "Are you sure you want to be greedy about this?" I took a breath and let my magical power build. It took a lot of intensive training to learn to cast spells without incantation or gesture, but like a fast viper, I didn't want my enemies to see my strikes coming.

She visually tensed, "Just go! Don't give me any trouble now girl, I will have an arrow in your head before you can cast a spell."

"Who says I haven't already cast a spell?"

She squealed as my thorny venomous vine wrapped around her ankle. I got a fright as her arrow shot past my head. I could feel the displaced air on my face. She was quickly notching another arrow, but was starting to look dizzy. She dropped to her knees, and then dropped her bow and was frantically trying to pull at the vine around her leg. She dropped to ground, I could see that she was fighting it, but it would do her no good. Her eyes closed and she was completely still.

I hoped I didn't kill her. I quite liked her. I squatted down and checked her pulse in her neck. Her heart was still beating strongly. Good, all that practice controlling the dose of my venom payed off. No harm done, she would just be unconscious for a while.

I looked over her shapely body sprawled on the ground and smiled. It will be fun binding her and having my way with her, getting the hot bitch off. I couldn't take too much time though, the orcs we killed were just an advance scout party. There would be more orcs coming.

Then a wicked idea came to me, and I smiled broadly.

...

I was at the markets in the village, purchasing various potion ingredients, when a boy approached me. Colvin, with his light brown hair and freckles. Only now he was taller and older, around sixteen or so.

"Hello Aerowyn," he said, smiling.

"What do you want?"

He held up a bunch of red flowers, "I picked these for you."

I frowned at him, "What, do you want to see if I'll eat them?"

He shook his head, "No, I just thought they were pretty, like you. The color reminded me of your hair." He held them out for me to take.

I slowly reached out and took them, being careful not to touch his sweaty hand. I still looked at him suspiciously. The flowers didn't seem very pretty to me.

He smiled as I took them, and was looking me over. "Do you like them?"

"Amathecia Laxa, the pollen can be used in basic endurance potions. Though cordyline pollen is usually better."

"Oh...You're into potions and things? That's interesting. I like potions. Hey, you have elf blood, can you do real magic?"

"...maybe. And elves don't really eat flowers, you know."

"Sure...I know that...Would you like to come for a walk with me?"

"No," I said, turning away.

"Uh, okay. Another time then. It was nice talking to you Aerowyn."

I walked away from him. That conversation was very strange to me. At least he wasn't pushing me in the mud.

...

I was in the middle of the village at night time. People were standing all around, staring at me. I couldn't move my arms, I was tied to a stake. A large pile of wood was stacked under me. The village people were agitated, hurling insults and abuse.

"Burn the Witch!"

"Go back to hell, Devils' Whore!"

"Red Monster!"

A large man with short sandy blonde hair and beard stood before me with a grim look on his face. "It's a good thing your mother hasn't lived to see what you have become, witch. It would have broken her heart. You have always been different, and we have accepted you in our community. There were always rumors about you. Now you show your evil black heart..."

He looked down the ground, his face in shadow, "She liked you, she always stood up for you. And you acted as her friend. Why did you murder my daughter? And the Colvin boy? Snuffing them out with your demonic poisons. Why?!"

I stood there, staring at him coolly and staying silent.

The village chief clenched his fists as he looked up at me again. "It doesn't matter. There is only one way to handle an evil murderous witch; purification by fire."

He nodded to another man nearby, who pulled a burning torch from a brazier. Fear rose within me as I watched the burning torch in his hand, but I was determined not to show it. The man approached me with the flaming torch. The chief spoke out loudly, "By the laws of the village, you're to be put to death for demonic witchcraft and murder. May you continue to burn in the deepest layers of hell."

The torch was brought down to wood stacked beneath me. Soon the flames took hold and began to spread through the wood. Intense fear gripped me as I started to feel the heat. I had accepted my fate, but this was going to be an agonizing horrible way to die.

Someone yelled out, "Burn, witch, burn!" The flames grew and danced about me. The smoke was stinging my eyes. The heat on my legs was starting to hurt. Suddenly, there was a blast of icy cold air. It was strong, and felt like it would blow me away. It sent a chill right through me. I closed my eyes and heard the people around me yelling out in surprise.

The cold wind stopped. When I opened my eyes, the flames were gone. I heard a horse galloping toward me. People were crying out and scampering away in confusion as gusts of icy wind blew all around them.

"Gods save us. It's a demon!" someone yelled out.

I looked at the horseman, He was riding a light grey horse and wearing elaborately decorated blue mage robes. He wore a finely crafted silver helm and silver mail armor under his robes. There was a shiny rod in his hand.

The chief came forward, holding a steel sword. A few other village men stood behind him, holding weapons. "Who are you, and what do you want, mage?"

"I have come for the girl."

"The witch has murdered my daughter and another young man. You can have her ashes."

He hopped down from his horse with remarkable grace, and stood before them. I could see that he stood a foot shorter than the chief. "No. She will not die tonight. I will take her away and you will never see her again. Put your weapons down and step aside, I do not wish to harm anybody."

The chief raised his blade in front of him. "By the laws of this Kingdom, she will die tonight. Try to stop us, and you will join her."

The mage kept staring at him evenly, "Unacceptable." He raised his rod and strong icy winds whipped up around him. The men all cried out and charged him with their weapons raised. I watched from my pyre as he blasted them with powerful magical energy. The blasts seemed to be incapacitating them, and not doing any serious harm.

The chief swung his sword and the mage was skilfully parrying with his rod. He cast a spell that made the sword glow briefly, then turn white. When the chief swung at him again, the mage swung his rod and shattered the blade to pieces, like it were a glass bottle. The chief cried out in surprise, and then an invisible force knocked him to the ground.

I was amazed. This mage was very powerful. What did he want with me? He removed his silver helm, and I saw that he had long white hair and pointed elven ears. He went and stood over the chief, who was on the ground groaning. "I am sorry that you lost your daughter...but I will not lose mine."

I gasped as he looked up at me, "Father?!"

...

I was in a large gloomy room. It appeared to be an inn of some kind. Tables and chairs and broken bottles were scattered about. The bodies of four men in red robes were lying on the floor. Their blood was leaking out onto the wooden floorboards.

I walked amongst them, "Hmph, Witch Hunters...You're not very good at your jobs. You thought your poison resistance would keep you safe?" I looked over at the barrels in the corner and walked over.

There was a red-robed man hiding behind them. He was short and skinny, with closely cropped hair and beady eyes. He looked up me with a terrified expression, "Gaah! Don't kill me!"

"Why not?"

"I'm not with those men."

"Then why are you dressed like them?"

"Okay, I was with those men, but I'm not a witch hunter. I'm nobody!"

I screwed my face up in disgust. "You're pathetic. I'll just put you out of your misery."

"No, please! I don't want to die," he begged.

"What's your name, Worm?"

"It...it's Penridge."

"Penridge, get up and loot those bodies for me. Gather all their weapons and magical items. You will carry them to Trujillo to sell. And I warn you, if you so much as look at me the wrong way, you will suffer a slow painful death."

"Yes, of course...thank you, I will serve you well...Mistress."

I smiled. Mistress, I liked the sound of that.

...

I stepped through the barbican and into castle grounds. Through the thick green poisonous fog, I could see several armoured guardsmen sprawled on the ground. A steel bolt came at me at high speed, but was deflected off my magic shield. It was quickly followed by another. I saw the crossbowmen up on the wall, frantically reloading their weapons.

I focused my power and my thornbite vines burst out from the wall. The men cried out in surprise as they were entangled. The vines snaked their way into the crevices of their armor and the thorns punctured their skin, injecting their venom. They soon fell to the ground dead.

Then a powerful magic blast Exploded on my shield. The force of the impact knocked me off my feet. Strong icy winds started blowing through the courtyard, blowing away my poisonous fog and sending a painful chill right through me. An elven wizard floated down through the air and settled on the ground in front of me as I picked myself up.

The mage was sending a volley of icy blasts at my shield, and I didn't know how long it would hold out. I focused my power and sent my thornbite vines after him. His powerful magic froze and shattered them. I threw magic missiles at him, but they missed their target as he flew toward me.

He flew right into me and slammed me into the stone wall behind me. I cried out as the impact went through my whole body. The wizard held me against the wall and stared into my eyes. "Is that the best you can do, witch?"

I looked back into his cool grey eyes, "You know I wasn't trying to kill you, father."

He released me and stood back, but didn't avert his piercing gaze. "You are still far too reckless, Aerowyn. Have you learned nothing in your years?"

"I think I've learned a great deal."

"You turned on your coven, attacked Kabore, and now you're crazy enough to assault the Kings' castle on your own? Do you want to get yourself killed? You have an important destiny, Aerowyn, but the gods can not save you from your own insanity!"

I smiled at him, "Crazy times call for crazy actions, father."

"Why do you continue to torment her?"

"Who?"

"You know you are going to need her help."

"You didn't stop the King from putting her in the pillory."

"That was necessary. You didn't have to go ...causing mischief."

"I was making a point. Besides; she's the kind of girl who goes for that kind of rough play."

"How do you expect me to convince her to join you in overthrowing this evil after what you have done to her?"

"Just tell her that I'm the one who seeks to complete the ritual. I'm the one who needs to be stopped. She will believe that, and she will come."

"And she may kill you."

"She won't."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I will handle it, okay?"

"This is not a game, Aerowyn. Everything has lead up to this, and there is so much at stake."

"Yes, yes. The day of reckoning is upon us, and all that."

"Are you ready for it? ...Is she?"

"We have to be."

The elven wizard nodded solemnly. He pulled a couple of items out from the satchel slung around his shoulder. He handed me a leather bound book, "The rangers' book. It holds the location of the temple ruins." Then he held out a shiny blue stone, "This teleportation stone will get you away from here. You must not linger. I will send the ranger after you. Be careful."

I took both items off him, "Very well, wish me luck."

"May good fortune accompany you, and the gods watch over you."

I stepped forward and felt the weight of the stone in my hand. I also felt the magic power emanating from it. "Wait." I heard the elf call behind me.

I turned to him, and he stepped forward and put his arms around me. I was taken a little off guard, and reluctantly wrapped my arms around him as well. "Return to me, my daughter." I forced myself to hold back a tear.

...

I was lying on my back on the hard ground. I opened my eyes and saw the blue sky and the treetops above me. There was someone on top of me, touching and kissing my body. I could feel the hot arousal burning deep within me.