Outwitting Micki's Father

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Riley described how he'd established the connection between Mrs Deerborn's former husband and Mr Clive Rolland, of Spedding Auto Ltd in England.

"They went to Cambridge University and raced cars at weekends, forming a lifetime bond. I searched records and found the former husband's first wife now lives in Chicago and went there and she filled in many details for me. I decided chances of getting that investment contract overturned in an English court was highly unlikely so said to Mrs Deerborn we should negotiate with company principals face-to-face on their ground. They resisted and fought hard, making the point Mrs Deerborn had no legal right to have that $4 million paid back early."

"Yes, you had already made that point Riley.

"Yes Mr Wilson. I was watching Mr Rolland and saw his eyes flicker whenever that point was emphasized. My considered hunch was he believed our client had a moral right to that money that an American Court had ruled was hers and so I suggested an annual repayment of 1.4 million over two years and 1.2 million on the third year, interest remaining payable proportionately. The client said no way but I talked her around. Mr Rolland countered, accepting in principle but wanting the payments reversed to have the smaller payment first to ease the financial burden on the company, as there would have to be severe belt-tightening. I had spoken to a foreman when we were touring the plant and asked how was the volume of work. He replied they were flat-out, handling twice the volume of last year. That's all I have to report sir. Oh the client praised me for being a good boy."

"Hmmm. You didn't gain authority to go to England."

"Sorry sir. I thought the fees I'd be earning would bring in substantial income."

"Hmmm. Did you keep your expenses down?"

"Yes sir. My room was close to being a shoe box, the client's apparently was a single suite, luxury class."

"Well she will be billed for that in the fees so no problem. I too can praise you for being a good boy."

"Thank you sir. I'll not mention to anyone who handled this matter before it was handed on to me."

"That would be far more astute than you realize my boy. Off you go. Thank you Michelle."

Micki said riding the elevator down, "God you took an extreme risk with that passing shot to Mr Wilson. Perhaps he will not deduce you know he handled the file initially."

"Bullshit, there was no risk involved. He'll see me as a hot-shot no-nonsense guy, a likely successor for him."

Micki fell against the paneling laughing hysterically.

When she had finished Riley said, "You made an error in suggesting I was not an American. I was born here as my father had a junior diplomatic post in Washington. I have dual nationality. Haven't you read my CV yet?"

"So you aren't here on special arrangement, updating on the American approach to business law?"

"No, I've relocated for the chance of making much bigger money than working in Australia."

"You Philistine."

"Yes, aren't I? Do you want me to move in with you?"

They discussed the pros and cons, the sole issue being Riley living with his supervisor."

Riley said, "Well I can fix that. I'll apply to transfer to contract law to gain wider experience."

They'd found they were on the ground floor. Not apologizing for her error Micki simply pushed the right button this time.

"One thing we missed stating Micki was you'd get fucked as much as you want if I live with you."

"God Riley. You can't speak to a woman like that outside the bedroom."

"Oh yeah? I have news for you baby. You like the way I fuck you. Admit it."

Micki colored and said weakly, Riley?"

"What?"

"Here's our floor."

Riley was back at his desk when his phone rang.

"Yes Micki?" he said, noting who the caller was.

"This is about what we talked about in the elevator?"

"You mean you are confirming we'd fuck more if we lived together?"

Riley though he heard Micki counting to three.

"No, I have the head lease so will give my roommate a month to find somewhere else to live. She could be out earlier than that."

"Do you sleep with her?"

Riley heard "Oh god!" in despair before the call was cut. He didn't turn around to look at Micki in her glass cubicle.

Riley found the number of Micki's mother.

"Hi Zena, it's Riley Lewis, you know the Australian who came to dinner."

"Oh god yes, I remember you Riley. You were so brave and entertaining."

"Yeah, well I'm thinking of moving in with Micki. Just wondered if that was okay with you?"

"Oh yes Riley. She does nothing but talk about you to me. She missed you so much while you were in England. Did you manage to have sex with my sister-in-law?"

"Yeah we had wall to wall sex all the time."

"I bet you did not. Really Riley it is irresponsible to talk about someone else like that."

"My apologies."

"Accepted. Matilda is so choosey. Little wonder she's having trouble finding a husband."

"Who's Matilda," Riley asked slyly.

"The woman you went to England with. Don't you know anything?"

"Oh you mean Mrs Deerborn. Now I know whom you are talking about. Listen Zena, could you do something for me?"

"Yes if I can Riley."

"I want you to repeat these works to Ralph, because I need him to approve of me moving in with Michelle."

"Regrettably he's unlikely to approve Riley."

"Well you tell him this, using these very words, "Your Riley Lewis told me today he's moving in to fuck the tail off your daughter."

"I can't say that; he'll kill you."

"Please Zena, do it. I reckon it will force him to think of himself at my age and in my circumstances. He'll accept that his baby is doing the right thing and will approve of it."

"I really don't think that's how my husband's mind works."

"Please Zena. No harm will be done if it backfires."

"I wouldn't count on that. Okay I'll do it. I wish Ralph was at me enough to fuck my tail off."

"Buy new underwear Zena and ask a young woman at the perfume counter to give you something that turns husbands on to their wives."

"Oh goodness. That sounds like excellent advice."

* * *

Next morning just before 10:00 Micki ran to Riley at his desk.

"Something very serious is up. You and I have been called to the chairman's office."

"You mean your father's office. You father is the chairman."

"Please Riley, don't make fun of this. I'm very, very nervous. What have we done wrong?"

"I wouldn't know darling. Who knows how your father's mind works. I called your mom yesterday and she told me that very thing."

"My mother, you called my mother yesterday?" Micki said, pulling Riley to the elevator. "Ohmigod, you told her you were moving in with me?"

"Well I did, thinking it would help and I asked her to tell you father something aimed at getting his approval."

"Exactly what did you tell my father Riley Cameron Lewis?"

"Oh, you've obviously read my CV at last. Well, here we are. Hurry it has gone 10:00."

"Oh god, I need a pee."

"Good idea, we'll go in late. That makes a point."

"Don't you dare move from here Riley Cameron Lewis."

"Okay, don't pull your panties up too soon; you may be sitting on a leather chair and the wet patch would show."

"Riley!" screamed Micki, running to the restroom.

The chairman looked at his watch: "You are three minutes late."

"Yes sir, sorry sir, no excuse sir," Riley said, Micki half-concealed behind him.

"Sit down you two," Ralph said. Seated alongside Ralph was Zena.

"I ought to knock your head off Mr Lewis."

"Is this business or personal sir?"

Ralph gritted his teeth. "For the moment it's personal."

"I'd like to see you try knocking my head off Ralph. Look at you with your potbelly and uncoordinated movements. What you are looking at here is quite a fighting machine."

Ralph ignored that provocation. "According to my wife you aim to fuck the tail off my daughter."

"Oh please Ralph. That is unbecoming language for a guy to use in front of his wife and daughter."

"Yes Ralph, please apologize. I was talking to you in good faith and now you're using that F-word in front of your daughter."

"Daddy, what's going on here? Why are you so angry?"

"No jerk is going to fuck the tail off my daughter."

"Daddy, are you mad? All Riley is proposing to do is to move in with me, to be my replacement roommate."

"And he watches you undress, and what then? Tell me Michelle?"

"Well I suppose if he acts romantically he might be invited into my bed. But that's not doing what you so foully suggested."

"Well that's what Riley told your mother he intended doing to you and she passed on the message."

"Daddy, that's crazy. Why would mommy pass on a message for anyone about my private life, let alone incorporating a foul message?"

"I don't know, ask your mother."

Zena replied truthfully because she didn't know the reason, "I don't know Michelle, ask Riley."

Tension in the room building, Michelle said softly, "Well Riley?"

"I don't think your father ought to either repeat or manufacture..."

"Manufacture. Listen you jerk..."

Zena said, "Shut up Ralph and let the young man speak without interruption. He didn't interrupt you."

Riley said smoothly, "If I didn't know better I'd suspect someone is being set up here. Ralph, have are any objection to me sharing your daughter's apartment and paying half of everything and hopefully establishing romantic liaison with her?"

"What do you mean, soft sex or frenzied..."

"Ralph!"

"Yes Zena?"

"He means soft sex. That's okay isn't it?"

Ralph rubbed a hand over his mouth. "I suppose so."

"Sir, I'm not moving in with Michelle unless I have your unreserved approval."

"Daddy?" Michelle whined.

"Yes, you have my unreserved approval. Michelle is our beautiful baby daughter Riley so please look after her and treat her with respect."

"Yes sir, absolutely. Is that all?"

Ralph barked, "Yes."

"No it isn't sir. Are you going to climb down off your pedestal and tell me what a fine job of negotiating settlement of your sister's investment problem? You set me up hoping I would fail and then you could ask Mr Wilson to fire me for incompetence, isn't that right?"

Zelda pitched in. "Ralph, what is Riley talking about? He's talking about Matilda isn't he? Ohmigod, Matilda told me this morning she's just back from two nights in London and is the progress of recovering several million dollars ahead of schedule. Is this what's this is all about?"

"Yes dear but how the hell can you describe it as a set-up built to fail young man?"

"Because one of your partners took on the quest but made no progress and had noted those remarks at the bottom of the file in pencil and had added, 'The terms of investment appear iron tight and no court in England is likely to overturn them.'

"Ralph, is what Riley saying correct? Answer me."

"Yes Zena. Riley went in and achieved the seemingly impossible."

"Ohmigod."

"I was given the brief two days after I indirectly forced Ralph to apologize in front of his family Zena. When I learned Mrs Deerborn was his sister I thought this is a small family conspiracy, be careful Riley, the old bastard is out to get you."

"Old bastard? No look here young man, I..."

"Ralph, is what he saying correct?"

Sighing, Ralph said yes.

"That is really below the belt Ralph, I want you to apologize to Riley and arrange a promotion for him in return for being treated despicably and having the initiative and skills to succeed in the face of apparently insurmountable odds."

"That's rather exaggerating what he did darling."

"I really don't think so daddy. I was blown away when he emailed negotiated success that was acceptable to Aunt Matilda."

"To please Matilda this young man has done remarkably well Ralph. Apologize to him and recommend him for promotion."

Ralph sighed. "Young man I was angry at you having me forced to apologize in front of my family. I'm sorry and I apologize even more for setting you up to fail. It was despicable of me or rather overly arrogant but you have earned your reward and I will see you are promoted."

Riley smiled and held out his hand for Ralph to shake. "Thanks Ralph, apologies accepted and no hard feelings. What I'd like to suggest is you move the manager and deputy manager of Contract Law into other spots and make Michelle manager and me as her assistant. Michelle needs to toughen up a bit and develop her instincts a bit so that she anticipates problems as the early signs appear rather than waiting for the problem to hit her. I feel by working in tandem and living together I'll assist her development in those areas. Michelle of course is a people person with management experience so I shall learn from her."

"Well, I suppose that can be arranged. Clyde Wilson has responsibility for Contract Law."

"Well thank you daddy. Come on Riley, we have finished here."

"No you go ahead. Zena you worked so beautifully for me and I feel a heel setting you up like that. May I take you out for a 'I'm sorry' drink?"

"I wasn't set-up, I worked out what you were up to and knew it was a manipulation of some sort. I'm not a dumb blonde."

Zena of course had black dyed hair. "Yes I accept being taken somewhere nice for a drink."

"Oh Riley, me too."

"Yes Michelle. Sir?"

"Oh yes, why not? When you don't win it's gentlemanly to celebrate with your victor. But you are paying."

"Yes sir. May we go to your club?"

"Oh very well."

Zelda asked, "But why the club?"

Ralph snarled, "Because he knows he's not a member and therefore is not permitted to pay for the drinks."

"Ohmigod Riley, you are incredibly smart," Zelda said, standing and taking his arm. "Come on Ralph. Don't sit there plotting how to get one back on Riley."

THE END