All Comments on 'Over The Edge'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeabout 19 years ago
As Usual

Patricia51 very well done story of erotica that reminds us all that there are consequences to all things done like this where one partner is not at all enthused at the other's crazed activities.

Excellent story and very good writing.

Gary

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
DARK AND SAD!

BUT THERE IS A LESSON TO BE LEARNED HERE!

THANKS FOR WRITING!

SEXMATE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Morality Police

The overwhelming number of morality police on what is basically a sex site never ceases to amaze me, in spite of knowing full well that this is essentially a puritan country.

I've always thought that the name of this site, literotica, meant that this is a place to celebrate sexuality, using the medium of writing, in all its possibilities.

There was nothing erotic about this story, and it certainly isn't a celebration of anything. And as far as literature goes, I prefer to read what has passed muster with professional publishers, thank you very much. Granted, this story is reasonably well-written, but the subject matter is so formulaic, hackneyed, and two-dimensional, that this story wouldn't even make it as a script for Law & Order Whatever, or CSI: Anywhere.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 19 years ago
Your reputation

as one of the very top authors in Literotica remains in tact! This story was not a lazy, fun read, but rather a very compelling one. It is not a morality piece. It is simply a story about cause and effect. There are many stories about all kinds of wild sex with no consequences. This story deals with reality and demonstrates that all actions have reactions, and not many reactions can be predicted or controlled. It is fortunate we have sites that promote uncensored, independent views of life's struggles and values. Patti has given us a reality check, and I thank her for it!

dreampilot79dreampilot79about 19 years ago
Excellent story

An excellent story. There are three possible outcomes of swinging... The first is what most of us seem to write about... the case where both partners like the experience.

The second is where one or both do not like it or can not deal with it emotionally but cope with the experience by never doing it again.

The third is what you wrote... where the experience destroyes at least one and perhaps both of the people.

That message needs to be expressed as well as the positive one.

Excellent work! You made me feel the pain and the guilt and live the story!

Thank you for a great story!

jaggers0053jaggers0053about 19 years ago
certainly is different

but it does show that carefree sex is not always free of consequences.some fatal. even if the wife had not commited suicide there would have been harsh consequences for this marriage. the husbands obsessions controlled him.

thanks for a very thought provoking story.

don

mannydcampmannydcampabout 19 years ago
Very well written

I enjoyed the story even if it was a bit too serious for what I normally come to this site for.

I dont get however the comments about the story showing the potential effects of couple sharing. This story isnt about a couple that jointly trys a sexual adventure. This is about a jerk that druged his wife into basically being raped if you ask me. His wife showed various signs of resistence to his plan and he used drugs to get her there.

So this isnt a story about what can happen to a swinging couple its a story about what can happen to a poor woman that is married to an asshole.

Jackie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Nothing in life is free........

I like your writing style, can't say I loved how it turned

out. But I bet your story, in many variations, is closer

to the truth than the idea that your wife has sex with a lot

of guys, then the two of you have 2.5 kids and live happily

ever after.

Ask my ex. She pushed it on me and is now paying in her own

private hell. Barren, an alcoholic and drug user/abuser, she

may or may not regret her sexual freedom. She even dumped me

to be "all that she could be." She was a liberated woman in

the late 70s, her girl friends at the college celebrated her

victory over the oppressive male who wanted her to stay home

and raise their kids.

I remarried and now our kids have kids, but they have both

promised to never, ever be like their mom. I would not be

surprised to find out she overdosed one of these days.

As the song said, "Freedom is just another word for nothing

left to lose..."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
so sad but so close to the truth

like one said,i really don't like the ending but think that it could happen more often than one thinks... His not being there for her after was bad, but not as bad as not telling her what might happen before. again you make us think about the consequences of our actions. For that I thank you roadbird

sherlock40sherlock40about 19 years ago
Once again you have given proof to the world

that you are one of the top authors on this site. I think you would do very well with mundane writing too. I felt myself drawn into this story and living it with the characters. Even at the end the husband was a weak-willed pussy who couldn't take his own life. He had to have the cops do it for him. I know that this is a story, but in my mind, I hope that the husband re-lived his betrayal of his wife a thousand times before his mind closed down in death.

He had the perfect life but fucked it up with obsessive fantasy.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
True

Loved this story, it is truly sad, but how many men have thought if I just gave her alittle somethingshe could be more sexy exciting, willing to try new things, Well this is what can happen and dose ,ore often than we realize

willyb220willyb220about 19 years ago
Patti, dearest...

You've done it AGAIN!! Dark, and sad, yes. But a top notch work. All of life is not sweetness and light, some darkness is in everyones life. You did a masterful job on bringing it out in this one. It goes in my "Keepers" file.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Damn !

What a way to start a Tuesday morning. If your intention was to give people a ‘reality check’, you certainly succeeded. I think you made your point in a very direct way.

This story should be a ‘must read’ for all who think that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Sometimes, what we have at home is ‘the best there ever was’ but we are too stupid to realize it.

I was looking for a fight. I was looking for him to get tossed out on his ear. I even considered that she might like that lifestyle and he wouldn’t be able to deal with what he had started. Surprise, surprise! The dark forces of Hell and Damnation closed in and had their way.

You took us on a trip, Patty. It wasn’t fun. It wasn’t exciting. It wasn’t even all that erotic. However, it was thought provoking. Perhaps something like this is needed occasionally just to remind us that unimaginable consequences do exist. If just one person reads this and has second thoughts about tricking their spouse into doing something that they wouldn’t normally do, then you, Patty, have done well.

I didn’t enjoy this story, but I liked it. (Does that make sense?) Anyhow, thank you for a good read, and I look forward to your next. I’ve got to reread ‘Without A Clue’ now, just to get myself into a happier frame of mind.

AnonymousCriticAnonymousCriticabout 19 years ago
Hey complainers,

The site is called LitErotica. Some of you seem to think that only erotica should be posted. But you make no requirements about the Lit - literature. I don't see you complaining about those posts where they meet, they fuck. That isn't literature. It isn't erotic. It's not even good porn. It's boring. If you don't want a story to go along with whatever sex there may be or may not be, don't read Patricia51 and similar authors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
this is life

this is what happens when a man thinks with his dick instead of his head. a man wants some strange women and thinks that all people are like him, his wife tought more of her morals and did what her drugged brain told her was the easy way out of her pain, you have written a very good story and i can tell you in all honesty, your very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
KUDO's and Applause & Military Police Comment

First of all author, having read this twice, your work is very entertaining, extremely well crafted, thoughtfully deep and serves to balance the reality scales of the non-reality much else found here.

Fantasy has its place but most of us don't realize the power of the written word regardless of where it is found especially when the reader is in a highly energized emotional state. Were everyone as healthy in mind as the average reader here, I wouldn't see some of the comments that give me pause.

Pause to realize that in each group of say 1,000 readers most are balanced enough to be temporarily aroused without concern for thier long term mental health. However, there are some commenters who obviously have gone way around the bend of normalcy to the point of jaded sexual depravity. These folks are addicted to the worst that can happen and further urge it flagrantly - these are the lost souls wending thier way though life in a sorid fog and some of these we will read about in pitiful newspaper fares of unbelieveable inhumane happenings. Perhaps, some will acknowledge the need for help and seek it before their lives and the lives of those around them are irreparably damaged.

Of the largest concern are those on the fence - on the sloped lip of the pit. They haven't fallen too far and yet they don't know how close they are to the enveloping pit of depravity. Its a drug of choice until dependancy claims them into addiction. Once jaded, it takes more to excite the senses. Loved ones can be brought in to heighten the addictive highs and the lows that weren't expected to be so low - so demeaning - realized only when sober or at dawn. In a marital setting, the necessary respect and honor that helps bind the contract falls apart under the new lurid expectations.

So what to do? Your stories and others thankfully and finitely illustrate what can happen when the pendulum is allowed to swing too far. That unlike fantasy, real life has real consequences that the divorce rate documents too well. To sit down with a bowl of ice cream fine - a quart hmmm - a gallon ??? Recognize that when the light goes on that its on for a reason!!!

Author, you are appreciated for your abilities to entertain and in this case to shock perhaps some into considerations not yet contemplated! More Please - with Best Regards

enovelistenovelistabout 19 years ago
Tragic...but....

The moral of the story...no matter how tough things get, don't stop talking to each other. Don't avoid each other and don't be afraid to say "I Love You!"

Is that too sentimental for you? Too bad...

Was Ronald thinking with his cock? Sure he was. Did he push his fantasy too far? Sure he did.

What about Margaret? Why did she not try to talk to her husband? No one will ever know.

In the end, their failure was "the failure to communicate."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ! !

Great job Patricia. A lot of "stuff" going on inside your story. Its not just a "fucked up suicide" story.

chezshirecatchezshirecatabout 19 years ago
Great job

Sometimes the best-written stories don't have a happy ending, and this is one I'm sure will last with people long after they read it, whether they want it to or not. It just proves what a very talented author you are, Patricia. As always, I look forward to your next one.

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 19 years ago
A Wonderful STORY.

We have discussed this many times, Patti. You and I and others write to furnish the emotion to understand what being human really is. You are at the top of the list of those who do. Sure it was dark! Sure it did not lean on sex to bring it to life. But it showed us a side of being fallible and being human. Did I LIKE the story? No, but I will reread it again and again. It was wonderful and made me think. You can never write too much, Patti.

Doug

Kanga40Kanga40about 19 years ago
A great story

Beautifully emotional and descriptive writing, as always.

But poor old Ronald was sold short in the end.

SalamisSalamisabout 19 years ago
Diversity at it's finest

Thank you for adding to the diversity of this site. You've written a thought provoking story that expands the defintion of erotic literature.

Sometimes art does imitate life. Your story brought to mind the actual case of the couple in San Diego who adopted the swingers lifestyle with much enthusiam. They often brought others into their home for their activities. Unknown to them, one such laison was with a pedophile, who cased their house and their young daughter, then later sexually assulted and murdered the child. This is the worse example of unintended consequences.

If I took any themes from your story is was that lifestyle choices require more than mere consent. One should not enter into any laison with one's eyes wide shut.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Really Great!

A well written thought provoking story. It gives another side to what can happen with drugs, specifically, and screwing around in general.

It is also a very sad story. As it says at the end; He had it all and lost it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
great story

I love the contrast between couples.

All the comments are about the main couple and what happens to them as a result of the husband using drugs to get his wife to do something she didnt want to do.

The neighbors however appear to be quite happy in the lifestyle they have BOTH chosen. They play with a few select friends every so often and appear quite happy and normal.

I loved the contrast and also found it interesting that no one commented on it. Most comments focused on the sad ending.

Manny

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
What is great about this piece of shit?

I don't get it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
More puritanical crap from the morality police

If I wanted to be preached to, I'd turn on the 700 club and listen to Pat Robertson.

ryu77ryu77about 19 years ago
Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

To the people who bitch about morality in this story... It clearly states that they didn't understand what they read.. Oh please!!

Patricia51, there are no words to describe the feelings I got while reading this story. Job well done.

If there were more comunication between them, nothing bad would have happened...

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardabout 19 years ago
Another Great Story....

I really don't know how some writers do it. I really don't.

I know some people just want erotic stories but what Patricia51 has done here is given us some great literature (and we know that she can give us the erotica too)..

Literature makes us think and this one is a masterwork. I agree if they had talked then none of this would have happened, BUT also if he wasn't so selfish and demanding it would not have happened eather, (reminds me of "Too Far" by rpsuch)

Again I don't know how you do it, *sigh* but please please PLEASE keep doing it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Incredible

A truly deep story. One of those where you hear the main character say again and again "if only" You captured the drama in the story and that's what alot of these so called erotic authors never do. Excellent work my friend

Read ya later

Bishop

CindysBobCindysBobabout 19 years ago
an outstanding job...

I just wanted to say that this was a really interesting bit of writing. I don't agree with the negative comments that have been posted...this is a story of obsession, a story that had consequences. Since I'm reading "loving wives" stories, you can assume I've often fantasized about watching my own wife in the midst of a fairly rough gang-bang. In this work you gave me that, and yet still had the guts not to sugar coat it. Kudos on every level!!! Miles above the usual crap I've read on this theme.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Illogical

To begin, no drug will force a person to something they would not be willing to do. His wife made it clear she would not swing. Therefore, she would not have, drug or no drug.

The story said she left and the husband fucked the other wife. At that point the story was outstanding. Then the story goes off the deep end.

The truth is she probably would have left and divorsed her husband.

charleybearcharleybearabout 19 years ago
Thought Provoking

This was a very good story. As I read in many of the comments, few people actually liked the story because it had such a sad and tragic ending for this married couple but almost everyone thought it was a good story. One guy said he didn't like it and liked it. I agree with that.

I find it quite interesting to read the overall reactions to this suicide and violent death story, they didn't whack on you too bad. I had expected them to hit you pretty bad because of the reaction and many horrible comments on my own violent and suicidal story, "Cheaters Never Win." I guess you have been around longer and have earned your stripes. I only take comfort in the fact that your story and mine too for that matter made people face some pretty ugly realities in life.

Thank you very much for your story.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well Written...but

This story is well written. Unfortunately, most folks come to this site for something more erotic. The scene with Margaret in the bedroom with 3 men is about the only really erotic passage for devotes of "Loving Wives" and that's quickly dismissed with little embellishment as Ronald flees the scene. Margaret's letter provides some details voyeur hubbies want; but by then it's far too late for it to be much of a turn-on. This is, in my opinion, the source of so much criticism from those not pleased with this author's efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Interesting If Somewhat Low On Eroticism

I agree with some of the other comments. Those who visit the "Loving Wives" section are probably looking for stories about wives who have sex with others -- willingly or not. I would have preferred more details about what actually happened to Margaret upstairs with the gang-bang rather than a summation in her suicide note.... How unerotic is that?

Furthermore, the little teases like Ron's accidentally seeing their friends naked and having sex with other through the window or Jan's brushing her fingers on the Ron's crotch in the store and their sexual activities were hot. But what happens to the "innocent" Margaret would be the major turn-on if it weren't for the tragic ending.

Apropos, the reader who claimed no drug can force a person to do something he or she wouldn't be willing to do when sober is, in my opinon, mistaken. That supposedly applies to hypnotism. The so-called "date rape" drug a/k/a "roofies" produce such an effect, where people's guards or resistance are lowered. Supposedly, they are somewhat aware of what's happening to them but are powerless to prevent going along.

As for the regret and remorse, all that is undertandable. He opened Pandora's box -- literally as well as figuratively. These stories usually end with the wife's either leaving the husband or becoming an unbridled slut who can no longer be "kept down on the farm now that she's seen Paris."

It's refreshing to find a story on this site without errors in spelling and syntax to slow the reader down. In brief, a well-written, thought provoking story whose erotica suffers somewhat due to the moralizing and "bummer" ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
As a Paramedic I have seen

This type of thing a few times. You do not work in NY City EMS and not see shit happen. Sometimes I think that "Shit Happens" was a saying invented in NYC. People often aren't satisfied with what they have, and try for that "last little bit more". And it's never worth it! NEVER!!! What's the value of a heartfelt kiss from a truly loved and loving spouse? You don't know that number, and none of the rest of us does either. I just found love for the latest time with a lady I will protect with my life. And if she were to cheat on me, it would simply kill me. And she has said the same to me. In a marriage, be happy and be respectful of your spouse; romance them every day! I write my lady a love letter each and every day; it isn't hard to do! And it's shown me hw much better to let her know how much I love her!!! Good luck to the rest of you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I enjoyed the story

I really enjoyed the story. It kept me on the edge until the very end. GREAT STORY!!

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Engrossing story

Good prose, believable dialog, nice pacing -- a very good story as we've come to expect from the author. Thanks, Patricia, for another fine tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great writing

Very good piece of writing. Good story-line, great narrative...kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Accumulated lots of comments over the years.

Very well-written story that is also believable. One slight problem I had with the story: there is no "anti-depressant" that is legally sold over-the-counter in the United States. There may be some herbal formulations that claim to have an anti-depressant effect (i.e., St. John's Wort), but these have not been proven effective to the satisfaction of the FDA. The only anti-depressants that are effective (beyond a placebo effect) are prescription medications. I know because this is within my field of specialization. Other than this, I really enjoyed the story despite its unhappy ending. You are one of the best writers on Literotica's website.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Actually there is

Patricia,

As usual this is a good story one I just found.

St. John's Wart is considered an antidepressant and it is sold over the counter. Just info it really doesn't deter from your story one way or another Patricia.

Gary_LostGary_Lostabout 16 years ago
Sad

Very sad, wished the ending was not so final for them both.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
brilliantly written tragedy

I can't say that I enjoyed this story, because it is such a sad tale of selfish, ego driven man destroying himself and his wife, but it is a wonderfully written tale of how tragically things can go wrong when you forget the love that caused you to marry originally.

60 year old George

bornagainbornagainover 15 years ago
Tim and Jan

Tim and Jan should have been arrested also for in the letter that Margret wrote to her husband she mentioned tim and two others that took her upstairs but Margret knew what was around her so what ever happened in the bedroom in tims house is where the other drugs were given to her so why did`nt the cops take them in also? and the powder that the husband sprinkled on her food was only a mood drug so that was`nt what killed her.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good work, and some trivia!

Did you know that St. John's Wort can counteract birth control pills? My best friend and his wife found that out the hard way. Interesting how drugs and herbal remedies can interact in unpredictable ways... no?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Worse Case Senario

It doesn't get any worse than this tragic tale. You have to read it to understand.

Sad. Very sad.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Lesbians everywhere

in Patricia51's world even where completely unnecessary.

joshuacarpinojoshuacarpinoover 10 years ago
she IS a lesbian...

...but she likes to tell her readers she's bisexual and her husband she's straight.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
He Deserved To Die

Why in the hell didn't he TALK to her after the party, let her know that he had sex, too?

He probably wouldn't have to admit drugging her, and she probably took his silence as accusatory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story one aside

Killing someone over infidelity, or drug abuse, or even roophies is BS.

MURDER by cop.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Anonymous 02/14/17 Re: "Great story one aside"

How do you get "MURDER by cop?" He wasn't killed for infidelity or drug abuse, he was killed for trying to shoot the cop!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
sad...

I honestly can't describe the hatred I feel for the husband here. It's hard to imagine how anyone can be so blinded by lust, that he would willfully drug and whore out his wife, just so he can screw his neighbor. Then to feel so guilty for her death, he takes the cowards way out, and can't even do that by himself. All I will say is his pathetic ass got off too easy...... RW58

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
About the guilt

Regarding the previous comment,IT WAS VERY NORMAL and A GOOD THING that the husband felt so guilty for his wife's death,but,of course,HE SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE WHAT HE DID in the end!HE SHOULD HAVE ACCEPTED the consequences of his actions and live with them!

calflashcalflashalmost 6 years ago
great story

I can only recall the saw "Careful what you wish for." well told story bearing out this tragedy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

Your a very good writer. Great story. Thanx.

Loklie

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
I had no idea

How good a writer you are. I don't care for all of your work, but this is outstanding.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Again, a really outstanding story that stands with anything on LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A tragic story about the taking of one life and the giving of another. Selfishness does that to people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sophomoric melodrama lives on Literotica. The only thing missing is to have the wife's autopsy show she was in the first few weeks of pregnancy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story of a totally possible situation. We who have never written a story to be judged by others seem to be most critical. I try not to be. Good story and well written easy to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

husband had no redeeming qualities that i cld see. deluded by his bmoc days, narcissistic to a nth degree, then he lets his wife thinks shes a slut and then dies from suicide by cop, thats total moral and physical cowardice. most of the time in LW, its the cunts and bitches who be crazy but theres also a significant amnt of cowardly asshole stupid democraps ldrs(ie men). rk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

retired as a cop, as long as neither I, any other cop or 3rd party was being threatened by the cowards gun, i wouldnt have shot him. Make the coward do it. Ifen he dont, which the way hes described he wouldnt, let him go to jail and face real bad felons, they'll make him sorry he fucked w/ his fantasy and wish he had had the courage to kill hisself, to avoid prison terrors. rk

usaretusaret6 months ago

A very sad story, but could, unfortunately, often be true.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous