All Comments on 'Park Bench'

by Justtoold

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wow - just wow!

After reading this story - though it was a little difficult at the end trying to read through the tears in my eyes - I felt uncertain. Uncertain as to whether I'd rather be Jewel, and have someone say such loving things about me - or be the narrator, saying such wonderful things about my love. In the end, I choose both. Funny how it's the little things that I remember the most about my love - because those tidbits define the person and make my love most memorable to me. Thanks for a wonderful story.

luv2read2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A long time ago...

I was 23 and she was 20. We connected strongly, but I could never seem to make it work. I loved her. I was 25 and she was 22, I was sick of letting things just be. When she got back to Missouri from school on Wyoming I was going to make sure she knew how I felt.

Never happened. She committed suicide first. I walked her down the aisle, as a pall bearer.

About six months later I went to Wyoming to meet her friends and roommates. Knowing her, I learned five things:

1 I fell in love with her.

2 She fell in love with me.

3 While in love, she made me so angry I could chew nails and spit tacks.

I knew those things before I left for Laramie. This is what I learned in Wyoming...

4 I can love and finally

5 I will love again.

That was thirty years ago. I have been married for the last twenty-one years to a wonderful woman.

Stories like these need to be told. Thank you for sharing yours.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Sad and sweet, showed us the joy of love, whatever the circumstances and however short the time together. Excellent story. I liked the way of telling it, through a funeral talk addressed to her.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Damn

True love is a wonderful thing. So much emotion in this tale you can't help but feel the love and the loss. Very heartwarming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
seems t have gotten

a bit dusty in here

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful story. 🥰

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous