All Comments on 'Patagonia'

by dr_mabeuse

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Amazing. You are a fucking amazing writer. You make the world resettle into something else, more beautiful and mysterious and grappling and disclosing, when I read your stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Jaw droppingly good!!!

You have absolutely floored me with this amazing piece. I can't even begin to explain how utterly unreal that was. Now I read ALOT and I can safely say that was one of the best stories I have read so far!! You have put even professionals to shame. I am really hoping and praying that this is not the end of Patagonia. I would be absolutely honoured to read some more!!!

mcollectmcollectover 10 years ago
wow

This is as good as Allende,the south American fantastical spirit. 5* turn int a novel

dilettantish_reflibrariandilettantish_reflibrarianover 10 years ago
I agree, it's absolutely a 5+

So evocative...so transportive...so transcendental. The Allende comparison was not far off the mark. The author evoked that ineffable sense of "beyondness" that I treasure, that is accomplished only by the most talented writers, Whether here on Literotica or published elsewhere, I will hunt down anything else by the author. Thank you so much for this story; I will remember and ponder it for a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
gosh

You're just super. Easily far and away my favorite author on this website.

Sidney43Sidney43over 10 years ago

Far and away one of the best short stories that I have read on this site. I am not going to try and analyze it, but will just say that it was like an ordinary looking rock that you crack open and fine beautiful crystals inside.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Mehhh!!

Too "inspired" by "The Wind spoke at Madaket" by Lucius Shepard (1988)...

Probably would have agreed with the above comments If I hadn't read the above first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it

Absolutely loved this story....can't thank you enough

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
Sort of like bad jazz

I generally like your stories, not this one.

It started out really good, lovely story, OK a little odd, but very well done. In Jazz it was the lovely melody, but then the free form riffs began, each one moving further than the last from the melody.

The jarring certainty that husband is cheating, despite the lack of evidence was nutty, but then the wind in the sheets, and all reality was lost when you shifted into the supernatural fantasy wind. The story became total fantasy, the original melody was lost, just noise remained. In the is a next chapter, i suppose we'll have the Peruvian author Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan giving her mushrooms to replace the coke.

Didn't vote as I'm not the market for this sort of thing.

Chilley.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pequeño problema

This is a nice saga. My only picayune comment is that

if a woman or man is called Doña or Don, it's followed

by their first name, not their last name. Sort of like

Sir in the UK,

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Seems more like a crack-induced horror movie than erotic coupling, where evil rapist winds track down and impregnate women with demonic wind babies or some equally weird shit. Don't get me wrong; you've done an amazing job... except that what you did was create an utterly bleak and barren wasteland, a women who is the next best thing to a coke-whore cheating on her boyfriend and being cheated on in return, and a basically empty vessel of a person who isn't any more full when being raped by demonic wind creatures. The sex scenes had elements of eroticism in them, but they're completely overshadowed by bleakness.

If this were in Erotic Horror, I'd call it five stars, but it looks like you were going for and intended something completely different here and didn't achieve it. Bleak enough to be something darker, but too bleak to be likeable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I liked it

Actually I loved it. I thought it was perfect.

sopharoonessopharoonesover 10 years ago
you are one of my fav authors

like seriously, the erotic part and the non erotic part are written equally as well and compelling. love it. this story is amazing, the whole backstory and research you must have done (yes?) and the imagery of this desolate place set to become the next "big thing" in tourism and how western culture just will never get it. I only gave it 4stars tho coz i got to page 6 and i was thats it!? lol but that was it, sadly. :) Otherwise couldnt have enjoyed it more

fridayamfridayamover 10 years ago
Beautifully written

and tightly drawn--like a noose!

LisbethElliotLisbethElliotover 10 years ago
A pleasure

I love your way with words. They slide over me, as the wind did to Caroline, touching, seducing, demanding my pleasure. And they always hit their mark. Even stories that are not normally my "cup of tea", as this one, draw me in and hold me captive in the hands of the Master. As always, Doctor, you do not disappoint.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous