Patrick Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Actually, I do." Patrick countered.

Kevyn shrugged, "Alright then, explain."

Kevyn listened without interruption as Patrick told her about the events of the evening before; she felt her anger at Melissa grow.

"So let me get this straight," Kevyn said when Patrick was finished talking, " Melissa and her mommy are a tag team of sorts whose main goal in life is to get wealthy men to either marry them and /or give them money."

"Yes."

"And Melissa targeted you because of who you are, that's why she took your class."

"Yes."

"And you offered her no encouragements?"

"Kevyn come on! You were there! You even talked to her about it." Patrick said.

"But what about online? You broke your own rule with me and called me by my first name and signed off with yours."

"I see your point but no, I didn't use either her or my first name in any email communications, you're the only student that I've ever done that with."

"She really was in your office almost naked and you turned her down?" Kevyn asked.

"Well, something almost happened but I was able to stop-someone came to the office and stopped us."

"Who?"

"My brothers Ethan and Martin." Patrick replied.

"And what if they hadn't come by?"

"I..... I wouldn't have been able to stop myself." Patrick admitted. "I also would have felt guilty about it afterwards."

Kevyn believed him but there was something that he wasn't telling her.

"So where is the little slut?" she asked.

"I don't know but she sent me an email saying that she was dropping my class." Patrick replied.

"Do you really believe her?"

"I'm thinking about teaching online, they've wanted to start an online A&P class for sometime now, maybe I'll volunteer to get it up and running so whether she was sincere or not about dropping my class, it doesn't really matter."

Kevyn looked at Patrick, the feeling that he was omitting something important returned but she didn't call him on it, she has the feeling that whatever it was, she wasn't ready to hear it anyway.

After they finished their coffee, Patrick insisted on walking her home in spite of her assurances that she would be safe.

"I just want to make sure that you get home safely."

Kevyn wasn't sure about him knowing where she lived but it was obvious that it was important to him that he see her home and that he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

They walked in silence not speaking until they were standing in front of the apartment building.

"Thank you again for meeting me."

"You're welcome and have a good night." Kevyn said and started to go up the steps.

"Kevyn, wait, how about dinner tomorrow night?"

"I have to study."

'I'll help you; we can go to the library or to a coffee shop if the library is closed." Patrick replied.

"I appreciate the offer but I have to say no, I have to pass this class and as you know, I barely passed the first test."

Patrick wasn't about to give up, he loved the feeling of peace that he had with being so close to her.

"You still have to eat don't you? My guess is that you're going to study tonight and then all day tomorrow, am I right?" he asked, "and who better to help you study for an A&P class than a A&P instructor?"

"Yes but..."

"So you'll need a break so have dinner with me, do you like Chinese?"

"You don't give up do you?" Kevyn asked.

"No, so was that a yes?" Patrick pressed.

"Only if you can promise that I'll be home early"

"Agreed, I'll come for you at six if that's alright." Patrick said.

"That's fine and nothing fancy." Kevyn replied.

*******

Vanessa and Veronica were at Ethan's when he and Ethan got home. Patrick hugged and kissed each girl on the cheek before sitting down.

"So," Veronica said, "You found your mate."

"Yes and for all the good it did me." Patrick replied.

"I think that it did help but not in the way you were hoping or thought that it would." Vanessa said, "Part of what stopped you last night was being reminded that you have a mate and how do you feel now that you've been with her?"

"You're right, finding her did help but my question is how is it that I knew here when I saw her but I still have the capacity to rape?" Patrick asked.

"That's what we're hoping to find out." Veronica replied, "But how do you feel after being with her?"

"I feel more at peace than I have in the last twenty -four hours, what are your thoughts?" Patrick asked.

"I don't even want to venture a guess especially since we haven't begun our study yet." Veronica replied. "But we're happy that you found her." she added.

"We were wondering if you would mind being videotaped while you tell us what happened over the past few weeks." Vanessa said.

"If it'll help then tape away but do you mind if Eustace is here when we do it? I'm sure that he'll have some questions and observations that could be helpful."

"Actually, that's a good idea." Vanessa replied. "Is Eustace around that we can do this tonight?"

Ethan went call Eustace and came back a few minutes later, "He'll be here in an hour, I'll go get the video camera."

"Thanks dad." Veronica said.

Patrick took a deep breath, it wouldn't be easy retelling what happened especially to his nieces but he would do it, all he had to do was remember Kevyn.

********

Linda finally realized that she hadn't seen or heard from Melissa in the last twenty-four hours and wondered where she was. Her first thought was that she was successful in getting Patrick into bed, her second thought was of how much money Melissa would be able to get out of him and if the money was already in the account. She hummed a happy tune "we're in the money" and logged onto their joint account.

While she waited for the information to come up she browsed through a magazine momentarily forgetting about looking at the bank account, the picture of a diamond taking her attention. When she finally looked, she gasped.

"This can't be right!" she exclaimed as she stared at the balance.

She called the bank fully prepared to scream at whoever answered the phone. Instead she took a deep breath and forced herself to sound pleasant when the phone was picked up. That calm demeanor disappeared when she found out that the money was transferred to another account not associated with their bank and the person wouldn't give the name of the bank.

"When was this transaction performed?" she demanded. "Last night?"

Linda slammed the phone down and looked at the computer screen, 5,000.00 dollars was all that was left in the account but why that amount? She wondered and then remembered that she told Melissa that she had only 5,000 dollars when she met her father. On a whim, she decided to check the account that Melissa had on the side, Melissa didn't know that she knew about it and until now Linda had never looked at it.

"Damn it!" Linda swore when she saw that the account was closed. She looked around trying to decide what to do; her options were limited since she no longer had money. If she stayed, she would have to do as her husband said or else she's be out on her ass, he was already talking about divorce and what he would give her wasn't enough to let her live in the way that she had become accustomed.

She went to Melissa's room to see if she had left a note or anything to indicate where she might have gone, finding nothing, she called Melissa's cell phone and received a message that the number was no longer in service. She thought about calling the police but Melissa was an adult and there was no proof that anything had happened to her.

It appeared that she had taught her only child too well. Until she decided what her next step was, there was nothing that she could do but pretend to be a good wife and bide her time.

******

Kevyn was comfortably dressed in her sweat pants and tee shirt; she looked at the text book and then the television, the text book won out. She spent the rest of the evening studying deciding to reward herself only after she had finished reading the chapter and answered the questions at the end of it.

When she met her goal Kevyn turned on the television and looked for something interesting to watch. As she flipped through the channels she thought about Patrick and wondered why she found it so easy to believe him when he told her about Melissa. She reluctantly admitted that she was excited about seeing him again and felt what she called a hot flash when she admitted it.

Once again the feeling that something that was beyond her control was happening and she didn't like it one bit.

12