Perfect Timing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I knew I should have been feeling a little awkward, too. But after sharing something as incredible as that, I couldn't lie and pretend to be sorry. Because I wasn't -- not one damn bit. It wasn't like every day a beautiful, sexy woman literally dropped into my lap. And I had a pretty strong feeling if we hadn't been so rudely interrupted, things would have gotten even hotter, and slid into something even more erotic.

Still, I thought I should ask. Tipping my head, I brushed the hair back from her eyes, and lifted her chin. "You okay?"

Flashing a little grin, she nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm good. You?"

Smiling into her big blue eyes, I told her the truth. "Actually, right now I'm feeling fantastic, after sharing something that sweet with you."

Thankfully she laughed and so did I. I was glad we were good, and she wasn't upset by how close we came to stepping over the line. But nothing would have pleased me more than seeing her fall apart when she came. And if the guy could have waited even two more minutes, I think I would have got my wish.

Well, at least for a good half hour, we both forgot about where we were. Because the way she was happily grinding on me, I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed if we had dropped to the basement.

I realized her shoes had come off, so I took hold of her foot and slid the right one on for her. Then I happened to notice as I picked up the other one, that she wore a size seven, as she rolled her eyes and mentioned, "Yeah, I know they're two different colors."

Smoothing my hand up to her knee, after I'd got them both on, I said, "At least they're both dark, so I doubt anyone will notice."

She grinned. "Let's hope."

GRACE

Will had his hand wrapped around mine as we felt the elevator starting to move again, mercifully heading up now, instead of slowly creaking its way down.

When the doors opened on the next floor up, we both blew out a breath as we stepped out together, so glad to finally to be out of there.

Without saying a word, rather than wait for another elevator, we headed for the stairs and quietly walked up the last few flights together.

Once we got to my floor, Will looked at me, smiled and said, "Well, I hope you have a good first day, and you enjoy working here."

Not sure what else to say, I just shrugged and said, "Thanks, Will... for everything."

With his eyes on mine, he nodded his head. And for a moment the way he was staring at my lips, and leaning in, I thought he was going to kiss me goodbye. Hopeful, I leaned in too. But I guess he decided against it since we were back into work mode, now that we were safe. So, he straightened up and held the door open for me. Then he turned and walked up another flight of stairs, to what I imagined were the executive suites on the top floor.

After my boss Iris had given me a tour of the marketing department and introduced me to the rest of the staff, she showed me to my office. It wasn't exactly roomy, with just a sleek modern desk, two matching chairs and a filing cabinet, but I was so glad to be working again, that I thought it was perfect. Thinking, I could always bring in a plant to help brighten it up.

A half an hour later, I was busy looking over the files Iris had sent me, when I heard someone say, "Grace is right in here."

I turned my head, and looked up at the doorway, surprised to see a young delivery guy walk in, hand me something in a paper bag and say, "Here you go."

Once I took a look inside, I smiled as I pulled out a warm, bacon and egg croissant sandwich wrapped in paper, along with a nice piping hot cup of coffee, a cup of freshly-squeezed orange juice and a very tasty looking mixed berry parfait with crunchy granola crumbled on top. I noticed as I ate that it came from a local hotel, judging from the logo on the bag, because it sure didn't taste like any fast food I'd ever had. And I knew only one person in the world who could have sent me this -- my new friend Will.

As I finished the last delectable bite, I just wished I knew where he worked, so I could phone and thank him. I felt so much better, and wasn't feeling so light headed anymore now that I had something in my stomach.

An hour later, I was printing off a few reports to bring home with me to get a better idea of what type of marketing strategies the company had been using, when the receptionist poked her head into my office, smiling again. "She's right in here," she said, to yet another delivery guy who I noticed, looked pretty fancy in his navy blue uniform and tie.

This time, he handed me a long rectangular box, and I just about died when I opened it up and saw the most gorgeous pair of black leather pumps I'd ever laid eyes on. When I kicked off my shoes and slipped them on, I had to roll my eyes. Ooh, they felt so good, like they were custom made just for me. But seeing as they were red-soled Louboutin's, I imagined they were meant for comfort as well as style.

I honestly didn't know anyone could be so thoughtful. Hell, the last guy I dated for over a year, forgot all about my birthday, even though we were out for dinner on the night I turned twenty-five -- my treat of course. Yet here was Will, making sure I ate, and that I wouldn't feel like a dork on my first day at work in my mismatched shoes.

I really wished I knew how to get in touch with him, because I fully intended to pay him back. But I didn't want to risk asking Iris, afraid of providing grist for the gossip mill, especially on my first day here.

Whoever he was, he had to be the nicest guy I'd ever met. I actually felt a little shiver race through me, as I also thought about how amazing he was at sharing a kiss.

Well at least I'd have that experience to look back on, the time I made out with a hunky stranger while we were stranded together in an elevator. Because I knew that something as hot as that was never likely to happen again -- at least to someone like me.

Considering how late I'd come in, I decided I'd better work through lunch. When I finally looked up from my computer screen, a nice looking guy with sandy colored hair, wearing a sly little smile was eyeing me from the doorway.

Obviously the friendly type, he had his hand extended, ready to shake mine as he walked in. "Hi, I'm Mitch. And you are?"

"I'm Grace," I said as I stood and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, Mitch."

Like he'd known me for years, he made himself comfortable, leaning his hip against my desk. "I actually work in sales. But I heard about you getting stuck this morning, and just wondered how you were doing."

I could feel a little warning prickle going up my spine. Past experience had taught me that it wasn't a good idea to get involved with anyone I worked with. So, as nice as this guy seemed, I knew I'd have to give him a pass.

Especially when he smiled, leaned in and said, "Seeing as it's almost lunch-time, how about I show around to some of the nicer places to eat. There's is really good Thai place right around the corner that we could check out, my treat."

"Actually, I got in pretty late today. So, I think I'd better skip lunch. But thanks for asking."

"Sure, no problem," he said, though he looked a little confused. Guess, being such a charmer, he wasn't accustomed to being turned down.

Rather than lead him on, I thought I'd better be up front with him. "To be honest, Mitch, I never date guys I work with, though we could still be friends."

He smiled, a nice smile, to let me know he was okay with it. "That works for me. You can reach me at extension 206. So fell free to call if you need anything or have any questions. And I'd be happy to help you out."

Glad that was cleared up, I smiled back as he winked and left.

Later, as I was going over the website, I couldn't believe the range of outdoor equipment the company sold. Most of it pretty high end, too. I guess Will was right, and people just wanted to get out and get busy outdoors after so many months of being cooped up, and didn't really care what it cost them.

Sure that I'd never be able to commit it all to memory, I decided I'd better bring a catalogue home to get better acquainted with the types of things we sold.

Before I realized it, it was six o'clock and it sounded like everyone had gone home for the night. Reaching for my purse, I thought I'd pick up some Thai at the little place Mitch had suggested, because I didn't really feel like fighting my way home on the subway, then having to cook a meal once I got there.

I was just about to turn out the lights, when Iris popped her head in. "So, how was your first day, Grace?"

Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, considering the way it had started with Will and I getting trapped together, I smiled and said, "So far, so good." I held up the catalogue. "Thought I'd bring one of these home, to learn a little more about what we sell."

Smiling, she gave me a little nod of approval. But then she seemed to study me for a minute, like she was about to say something else, till she finally just said, "Well, goodnight, Grace. See you tomorrow." Then just as she was about to leave, she turned back. "Oh, and I should mention that on Fridays we do a pot luck lunch in the executive board room upstairs. Everyone brings a little something. And the company usually provides sandwiches and soft drinks. So, if you're interested, it'll be a nice way to meet the rest of the staff, while digging into some interesting food."

"Sounds like fun. So how many usually go?"

"Well, it depends; sometimes only twenty or so, or it can be as many as fifty, depending on who can spare the time. But if you want, you can just bring a little something like a salad, because there's always more than enough to go around."

I was thinking about what I'd make on my way down to the lobby in the elevator, while hoping the Thai place would still be open.

I also wondered if I might see Will there on Friday, deciding I'd better bring a check to pay him back, just in case.

We had a new catalogue coming out, so for the rest of the week, I was busy checking prices, sale items and product numbers, making sure everything was right. I was so busy, that Friday kind of snuck up on me. But luckily I remembered on Thursday night that I had to bring something.

Friday lunchtime, as soon as I walked into the board room, Mitch waved hello and came over and handed me a plate and some cutlery. Then he leaned in and whispered, "Word of warning -- avoid the broccoli salad like the plague, it's really bad. But for some reason, Judy brings it every week, even though no one ever goes near it."

I laughed. "Thanks for the tip."

I had just put my contribution with the rest of the sweets on the long wooden credenza against the wall, and as I turned around, I got cornered by Judy, the infamous broccoli salad lady. As she gushed over her creation, I kept nodding and tried to look interested as she explained what went into the overflowing red plastic bowl; raw broccoli florets, rainbow colored mini-marshmallows, candied cherries, dried cranberries, raisins, candied pecans and pink coconut, all tossed with what she referred to as a nice spicy dressing, to help cut some of the sweetness. Then if that wasn't enough to turn my stomach, she added, "And to finish it off, you add a few cups of hot popcorn and a heaping cup of crumpled gorgonzola, so it all gets nice and melty."

No wonder no one ever ate it. It sounded absolutely disgusting. Though she looked hopeful, like she might have sold me on it, I just nodded and carefully kept my eye on it as I walked around it -- walking straight into Will, who caught me around the shoulders, as I embarrassed myself by slamming right into him.

I looked up. And the moment our eyes met, I felt my cheeks beginning to burn as flashbacks of what we'd done together in the elevator started replaying in my head. Oh god, I could feel myself tingling all over again, as I remembered the way we'd desperately dry-humped each other, moaning and kissing, like we just couldn't get enough. And me almost losing it and nearly coming all over him had me too embarrassed now to even look him in the eye.

Looking everywhere but at him, as I thought about that kiss, that seemed to go on forever, I could feel myself getting wet, as I remembered how amazing it felt to lock lips with such a hot hunk of man.

Finally, I cleared my throat, broke the ice and said, "Oh, hi, Will," doing my best to sound normal. And not like I was getting overheated again, as my gaze slowly slid over him in his perfectly tailored navy suit, sky blue tie and crisp white shirt. As I imagined what it would be like, even just to taste those perfect lips again while I wrapped myself around him.

"Hi, Grace. So, how was your first week?"

I finally found the courage to meet his gaze, deciding talking business should help cool me down. "Actually, I'm learning a lot. This company is amazing. I can't believe the range of products we sell."

He had a plate in his hand, and as we talked, nodding, he reached for the spoon and went to scoop up some of the weird broccoli salad. Subtly shaking my head, I put my hand on his wrist to stop him. Realizing what I was doing, he started to smile. "Have you tried it?" he whispered against my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

"No," I whispered back, "But now that I know what's in it, I wouldn't, if I were you."

Then I noticed him glancing down at my shoes as he reached for a slice of homemade pizza the receptionist had made, that everyone seemed to be gushing over.

I dropped my voice, so only he could hear. "I wanted to thank you for these gorgeous shoes, but I didn't know your last name, or where you worked. So I had I no way to call you."

Just then my boss Iris walked over. And as it dawned on me how close Will and I were standing together, I took a step back.

"So," she said, "you're joining us today, Will. What a nice surprise." Then she leaned in and whispered, "Just to give you a heads up, I wouldn't go anywhere near the broccoli salad if I were you." Will and I both looked at each other and laughed. It was like the stuff was radioactive, the way everyone was avoiding it. I was tempted to tell Judy just to bring a plain green salad next time, but didn't want to offend her. Though I knew it would be a lot less work, and at least people would be willing to eat it.

"Normally I'd introduce you, but I know you've already made the acquaintance of our company president, Will Braden, when you two got stuck together on Monday," Iris said, giving us both a wry little smile.

Oh, no. I blinked and blinked again. She had to be shitting me. Oh, god, no way could I have dry-humped the president of the company before I'd even started working here. I could feel the color draining from my face, and my stomach starting to heave. I wanted to crawl out the door before Will started laughing, since I could see the amused little twinkle in his eye.

Ugh. I didn't give a shit who he was, I glared him down, while he kept on smirking. The guy couldn't have told me who he was while we were stuck in there for almost two hours -- especially before we started making out, nearly getting each other off.

What a way to start off in my new company, by sucking tongue and practically banging the head boss.

He must think I'm awful, like I'm the type who would do that kind of thing with anybody I was with. But the truth was, as I looked him over, I decided that in addition to being hot, he really was a super nice guy. And I knew if I hadn't been stranded with him, I'm sure nothing would have happened if I'd been with anyone else.

I was glad that he seemed to let it drop, when I watched him take a bite of one of the cupcakes. I had to laugh at the way he rolled his eyes and instantly started moaning. "Oh, wow, are these ever good. Grace, you have to try one. I think I'm going to have to have two, they're so incredible."

Pleased that was he was enjoying them, I rocked on my heels. "They're clementine, with a lemon curd filling."

His eyes popped as he finished what he was eating. After he swallowed, he looked surprised as he said, "You made them?"

I nodded. "My mother had a bakery. And I grew up helping out. While I was off work this last year, I started a business with a friend making cakes and cupcakes for weddings, office parties and different functions. It helped pay the bills, till we found other places to work."

He nodded, keeping his eyes on me as he reached for a second one. "I don't think I've ever met a woman who could cook, much less bake. I'm pretty sure the only thing my mother ever made was reservations."

I chuckled. "Well, I grew up in a tiny little town, where there weren't any fancy restaurants, just a diner and my mom's bakery. So I was taught how to cook pretty young."

He nodded, looking impressed. "Well, I do love these," he said, as he finished his last bite, making me laugh at the way he shamelessly licked his fingers and even licked around his lips to make sure he got every last crumb and bit of frosting.

Walking around together, we had a taste of a few different things. A really good chicken curry with rice and a creamy raita, veggies and dip, some really tasty mac and cheese, and even California rolls someone had made, that we both agreed were better than some we'd had in restaurants.

As we walked around, sampling things, we talked to a few of the others, who were happy to tell us what they'd made. I noticed that Will was pretty friendly with his staff, and everyone seemed to like him. I could see why, he seemed pretty down to earth, and didn't act like some bosses I'd met, who like to act like they were above everyone else.

As the room gradually started emptying out, I heard everyone mumbling about a bad thunder storm descending on the city. Realizing I should probably get back to work so I could leave soon too, I leaned in and said, "I have something I'd like to give you, if you can spare a minute after this."

Will shrugged. "Sure, my office is just at the end of the hallway."

Before he opened the door to his office, we stopped at a smaller office right outside of his, and he introduced me to his assistant, Richard. Silver-haired Richard smiled, got up and shook my hand, and with a polite nod of his head, said in a posh British accent, "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Grace." Of course I told him likewise, deciding I liked him on sight, especially with the cute little twinkle he had in his sky blue eyes.

Once we got into his massive, but surprisingly comfortable oak-panelled office, I handed Will a check, and he looked confused, as he stared down at it, and then back up at me. "What's this for?"

"Well, I wanted to pay you for the shoes, and for the breakfast. That was really nice of you. But I've left the amount blank because I wasn't sure how much they cost."

Shaking his head, he tried to hand the check back. "How about you consider the shoes a signing bonus?"

"But I was already given a bonus when I started. And I'd really like to pay you for them, Will. Otherwise, I can't accept them."

His gaze dropped to my feet and his smile widened as he said, "No point in giving it to me, I won't cash it. They look really good on you, by the way. And they fit you okay?"

Looking down at them, turning my heel, I couldn't help but smile, as I admired them. "Like a glove. And they're even the same color."

He laughed, and so did I. But I still put the check on his desk. I might not have much, but I had my pride. And I wasn't about to let him buy me something so expensive.

"Hey, while you're here, take a look at this," he said, purposely letting the whole check thing drop.

He sat behind his desk, and I stood beside him as he brought up a picture on his monitor. "Wow. Is that ever gorgeous," I said, eyeing the picture of a stunningly beautiful, massive wood and stone cottage sitting on a lake. And with the sun setting behind it through a stand of tall stately pine trees and all the windows lit up, it gave it a really warm, inviting glow.