All Comments on 'Pet Peeve'

by swallowedscream

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Invisible2uInvisible2uover 16 years ago
All I Can Say Is...

AMEN!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Waaaah! I share your pain

This very thing has happened to me too many times, and each time it's painful. There you are, swept up in a wonderful exciting story --- and then nothing. Last updated in 2004 or 2005, so you know there is little hope the story will be completed. You almost wish the author had pulled the early chapters from the site, so that you had never read them.

<br><br>Sometimes I'm sorely tempted to make up and post an ending myself, just to bring some sort of closure. I actually saw this done on Literotica once. Someone posted a final chapter to a story long abandoned. And what do you know, the author saw it and was unhappy. Still, I understood why the fill-in author had done it, and I couldn't fault him for it!<br><br>

I hope the muse will find all authors on this site who have unfinished works that are sadly missed, and help them to write a conclusion.

MINKXMINKXover 16 years ago
Whoops...

This was so hilarious! I've thrown the same hissy fit myself-a few hundred times. The first time he saw one, my fiance stared in stunned fascination because I am normally pretty mellow. Now my guilty confession. (Cringes and covers my head.) I'm one of those authors. Don't blame me, blame my wicked muse. She's a bit**. Thanks for the good laugh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
You rant like I do

one long spew of verbage that doesn't stop until you get it all out and then you realize that you haven't breathed in about five minutes. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
LOL

I come to Literotica for good stories. I don't waste my time with vignettes, stroke stories or a couple of sentences strung together by endless sex. This quickly becomes boring. But there are gems on this site, stories that are incredibly crafted with compelling characters, an amazing array of emotion, a good plot, conflict and resolution - most of the time - because some of these stories have never been finished and those make me cry...

One of my favorite genres is Loving Wives because the stories tend to be more complex than the usual, boring stroke story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Apologies!

As an author with a few incomplete stories of my own, I offer my apologies to frustrated readers of these stories. There is no excuse for an unfinished tale, but there are reasons. In my own case my muse likes to desert me at the most inopportune times. I curse and moan at the blank screen or sheet of paper, but that doesn't seem to work. I'm sure other authors have their reasons, but none of us feel good about leaving a story unfinished.

bud444bud444over 16 years ago
BEEN THERE...DONE THAT

WHAT I DO NOW IS COPY THE CHAPTERS TO A FILE, AND START READING AFTER THE STORY IS POSTED IN ITS ENTIRETY. ANOTHER COMPLAINT, WRITERS WHO CANT, OR WONT, PUT A SIMPLE "TO BE CONTINUED" OR "THE END" AFTER COMPLETING EACH INSTALLMENT. LASTLY I LOOK TO SEE THEIR WRITING HISTORY, IF HE HAS THREE OR FOUR STORIES WITH CHAPTER #1 WITHOUT A CHAPTER #2 SPREAD OVER 6 TO 18 MONTHS, I JUST PASS NO MATTER HOW INTERESTING THE TITLE...LET HIM DRIVE SOMEONE ELSE CRAZY

damppantiesdamppantiesover 16 years ago
Errr...

Oh, um... *whistles, looks at toes and generally tries to be inconspicuous* Oh, okay! I've done this. I have! Please, forgive me. I just cannot seem to continue the one I had started. I can't find the words. Every time I open a new document and try to continue, it looks like CRAP and I'm disgusted with the whole thing and curses to computer, brain and the written word ensue, then it just has to be ctrl+A and delete! It's as frustrating on this side of the fence as it is on that, believe me.

sassynycsassynycabout 16 years ago
too funny....but so true

audible laughter escaped my lips as i read this. funny and witty, as the truth often is. brilliant word play....vivid images. i've been reduced to the shakes a time or two, left so strung out by an author. i don't smoke, but i will join you for that stiff drink.

AnschulAnschulabout 16 years ago
I'm with you...

Here's the thing...that "Muse" crap is B.S. As a professional writer, one who earns his living at the keyboard, writer's block, "the Muse" is an excuse for not taking the writing seriously. If anyone out there wants to be a writer, whether for fun or profit, take it seriously. A bad finished work is better than an unfinished work, because one can learn from bad work. Advice to all who attempt: Don't start a journey until you know where it's going. In writing as in life, at least have a framework. We have a name for the aimless wanderer. That may be great, even fun, in life. Writing is different. Unless you plan to write only for yourself (which is okay), remember that others are reading. You wouldn't want to be unfulfilled. Neither do your readers.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 16 years ago
Thanks for time well spent...

Face it, many people do like to complain, me among them. Us complainers have many good reasons to do so. I believe we should do so constructively (if at all possible), and if humor is inserted, well, that is my recipe for the best crafted complaint. Speaking of complaints, I believe it's a relatively recent phenomenon that the word complaint got such bad rap.. but I digress. I enjoyed your very well crafted complaint. <P>

In a way of adding to the self defense preemptive techniques included in previous comments, I want to mention the ‘preemptive – reading- of- existing- trustworthy- comments’ (especially when it comes to stories with 3 or more pages). It may take away some potential suspense, but to the most part, it could save (speaking from personal experience) a lot of agony, not to mention physical pain, incurred due to not having to bang heads over hard surfaces for wasting time on reading bad @#&*...

Thanks for time well spent...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous