All Comments on 'Pete's Pub'

by PapaRomantic

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
JamesRTickitJamesRTickitover 6 years ago
An excellent story

Well written, good characters.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Great story

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
good story!

Thanks for sharing this touching tale...

I'm interested in what Ward has to say to Sarah when she tells him about the situation.

5 for you

A Treat

JayDiverJayDiverover 6 years ago
As it should be

I didn't see any mistakes in grammar or punchation or spelling. Because the story took over, and that's the way it should be. great job 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yes, but . . .

I gave your story 5 stars but I strongly recommend your making use of an editor to avoid some of the problems that can’t be fixed with Spell Check — including mixing up the names of characters. Even Hemingway had an editor. Please consider it. You have great talent as a romantic story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I noticed one or two typos, but I've read so many on Lit lately in which the spelling and sentence structure were terrible, that your long story was simply a delight. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I love this story. Keep them coming

reader1000reader1000over 6 years ago
Engrossing, well-written.

Strong plot and character development. Minor proof reading needed. Also Brian is talking about Pete's estranged son but refers to him as Brian also rather than Daniel which was quite confusing. I

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
well structured with a balance of love, romance, drama, conflicting demands from work and personal life, and career ambitions.

It was interesting to watch as the romance crept up on the unsuspecting and unlikely couple.

At the same time I couldn't help think how much of a hypocrite Sarah's boss was. Most of the tension and drama came from the work demands on Sarah all of which followed the speech which prefaced her appointment to the special assignment.

"You're know that this firm prides itself in insisting that our associates try to balance their work and home life by working fewer hours than other firms, but I'm afraid for the next couple of weeks, that will be out the window. "

and then her time and life was surrendered to the firm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yes!!

This story Demands a sequel. I hope you don't make us wait too long for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Characters

The key to a story like this in my mind is not grammar , or spelling ( not that I saw any mistakes) , it’s the characters . We have to care about what is happening to them . In this story you did that in spades .thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Quality

From beginning to end, this excellent piece of literature is extremely well written in spite of the odd grammatical errors. I'm being honest not critical! I'm a purist when it comes to writing and I have to make allowance for the American manner of addressing the Queens English. It is after all a mixture of at least 5 European Languages and the writer has done exceedingly well.

I hope to read more.

CMH.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What can I say??

A Fantastic piece of writing,please add a second chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great

Very well written and hard to stop reading for anything else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This

This is lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I enjoy stories like this that grab my attention and make it hurt to put it down. So well written and the plot was excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
If I kept my eye on the page counter..

.. I would save me from the only disappointment I had with this great story. I was expecting some dramatic climax with Mr. Ward, not realizing I am approaching the end of the last page.

It was fun and joy to read it. I admit I am generally rather after the story, the characters and stimulating erotic. Too much of hard explicit sex is rather disturbing me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No big finish?

They way the story was headed, I was thinking she was going to quit the law firm and work at the bar. It would also be nice to see more of her mother’s reaction. The ending seemed sudden.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What about Brian?

How did Brian become such a good friend? Pete had worked at B, H, & H for 20 years with it being his focus and even his whole world. No time for good buddies. I think it might have been cool if Pete had turned to Brian (who could've turned out to be one of the named partners in the firm... you know, B, H, OR H!) to discus leaving the firm, and then Brian could have offered to front his pub. After hearing about what Ward did to Sarah, duplicating what happened with another dedicated standout -PETE-, he could've come unglued and forced him out. They talked about work / life balance twice, but it seemed to be just lip service, unless its only for the partners. It'd have been great to hear Brian dressing him down, telling him he was driving away anyone with talent, and so on. Ain't hind sight awesome?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really wonderful

Was truly a wonderful story. Love the character building and back stories. Please continue and explore more of their sexual encounters and what Sarah will do with her job! Your writing is excellent, you have potential to write novels

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a great read!

Such a brilliant story, well written too! I’d love for there to be a part 2 to the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Brilliant Story

I loved the story, sex was a consequence of the love between Sarah and Pete and not just lust. I hope Sarah's boss let her carry on working but with the correct work life balance. Maybe a sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Excellent story and history lesson

Really enjoyed this wonderful story. So reminded me of my life, i am in the uk, worked for a large amercan corporation. I lived to work sadly cost me my marriage, but i kept my young daughters as a single dad, worked so hard to give my children a.better life or so i thought.my then wife had an affair and left.

One of lifes lessons is making the wrong sacfifices thinking we are given our family a better life style and future to our familys.

As a father i lost out so much on being with my children geowing up.

Sadly some careers are so demanding,

A great story and lesson in what really matters in life love and family.

We cant turn back the clock, but we can change the future.

I still visit Atlanta and look across at the sky scaper of my old head quarter offices across from the Westin Tower sun dial bar on Peachtree,

It was my choice, but now aged 70 it was the wrong one. It cost me my family and my health.

Wishing you all peace and love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice, nice, very nice.

Truly enjoyable.

Human interest, interesting story line, erotica not porn.

With one hilarious ironic error.

Within a paragraph of Sara assigning a team to make certain any grammatical error is quashed and corrected, you have her “pouring” over the agreement. (page 6)

Thanks for the chuckle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Unbelievable!!

I started this with a quizzical mind only to have it turned into a loving and understandable one. I finally look forward to the day I can experience this happening to me as I finally open my mind, heart , and desires.

Please, keep this up, you are a "fantastic" writer/story teller!!..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Captivating story!!

As good as it gets !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved the build up. But then why not explore it further?

Loved the build up. But when they finally got to have sex, why not go in further detail? After all we are on literotica. Not that the story is not perfect, but their time together should have been explored in much detail (not just sex but overall love).

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A good story.......

.........well written and well told. It cries out for a part 2

m222rjr

tangledweedtangledweedover 5 years ago
PapaRomantic is an appropriate name

This story would be appropriate in the Romance category as much as in the Mature. The age difference was addressed seriously and resolved, without making it the major story conflict that some very accomplished writers in the Mature category lean on repeatedly.

Likable characters with their own issues and a resolution that brings out the tissue paper; what more can you want from a romantic, mature story. This was very skillfully written and I didn't notice any errors until I was poring over the comments. That would make Sarah's foamy pull of draft beer for Brian the second poor pour of the story (sorry, it was crying to get out).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Anonymous

A truly well written story, I have been reading stories in literoctia for some years now and it is, by far the best ever, who ever is the author of this story, if that person is not doing so at this moment, should start full time writing now, and if all of the works are as good, that person will make a fortune

lookn4fun_ncjlookn4fun_ncjabout 5 years ago
Great Story!!!

Fantastically entertaining story. I think it would be more appropriately placed in the Romantic category, but nonetheless it was extremely fun to read. Thank you.

tabbymidnitetabbymidniteabout 5 years ago
Well written

Really enjoyed your story. I am going to checkout more of your works. Romantic, funny and I fell in love with both characters.

Vstar67Vstar67over 4 years ago
More!

Just finished this story, and I’m already missing Sarah and Pete! Loved this story. I would love to know more about them. Did she end up kicking B,H&H to the curb?

More please!

Vstar67Vstar67over 4 years ago
More!

I just finished this story, and I’m already missing Sarah and Pete! I loved this story.

I’d like to know if she got what she wanted from her boss, or if she kicked B,H&H to the curb as Pete did. More please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, 5stars but you get Brian and Daniels names mixed up Page 6 - very confusing!!

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story, but the end left so many issues unanswered, and it really did nothing for the story. Maybe the author will return to the story to give the reader more closure. We can only hope. Well done to this point but it needs more. 5-stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pete’s really sweet but I think he still is a workaholic

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPapaRomantic@PapaRomantic
I enjoy writing, but I am new to the erotic genre. I especially enjoy comments from readers telling me that they like my submissions, as well as constructive criticism, so I can become a better writer. All of my works are fiction - just fun for me and hopefully for you! I a...

SIMILAR Stories