All Comments on 'Pink Houses'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
like it

was a feel good story that differs from the erotic norm that i find here. I have read your other works and like them but this was a nice change of pace overall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice to have you Back.

Nice story and more 'real' than most stories on this site. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
real life situation

so familiar. i think this happens to all couples, especially those w/ kids.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
Nice pretend story

Nice story Jack. Too bad its never works tht way in real life.

blondieB90blondieB90over 15 years ago
nice one

great story, well written. I liked the way it moved back and forth between her telling the story and "real life" as it were. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Typical

I can always count on an outstanding story from you. Thanks again.

Orion623Orion623over 15 years ago
Something Different

Four children under the age of nine. It's a wonder that she can even think straight. I have no doubt that the author has struck a chord with a number of women who have read this very fine story.

tastesgreattastesgreatover 15 years ago
Great Tale!

It's great to see you back with a new tale. Great read and REAL 'Loving Wife' tale. Thanks!

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Nice Story from a very good writer

Glad to see another piece of your work.<P> Basically it was an erotic coupling story with the fact of the almost derailed

marraige being used to reclassify. I admit that a bit more drama with the young studs and her getting wet at thought would have made in more interesting, but then she might never have gotten home that evening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wonderful

Absolutely wonderful story. Inspires a person to have a little faith in marriage again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
still loving at 43 years

people write this sounds like a fairy tale. 43 years today in a marriage 4 children 8 grandchildren. my wife and me did work on this marriage together. one of my things was never to have more than three quickies [15 min.] without 1 hour of making love to her. i loved to start out having laying face down on the bed. then i start slowly to work to make a personal message to my loving wife she means the world to me. keeping her smiling at times to relieve tension, life is short and i always wanted her to know she was the reason i married her in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I want to complain!

About the pink house; (who paints their house pink?!) But aside from that, there is absolutely, positively, NOTHING to complain about with this story. This is beautifully written, sensual in the telling, and revealing of the inner emotions of the people involved. Very, very, nice work.

-- KK in Texas

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 15 years ago
Nice story

Enjoyed this. A good read. No humiliation/genderbender/cuckold/creampie stuff, just a good, wholesome, loving wife (and husband).

zed0zed0over 15 years ago
Great Story

Well said & erotic without being sappy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Bravo, Well Done Jack

Good tale. Nice and simple without the revenge / wimp-cuck / humiliation / gender angst seen in way too many of the stories posted here. Again, well done and yes, I'm giving it a 5. -Warmest regards, Kabitzers Anonymous -

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I need to show this to my wife

You don't need 4 kids, two is plenty to cause this as a marriage focuses on the kids and away from being lovers, and husband and wife. Now all I have to do is send her to K's bar...

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Rubbing his face in it

Was this necessary? "You know, it would have been real easy for me to cheat tonight," she said suddenly. "I think I got hit on by every guy in that bar. Of course, I didn't have much competition, but still it was gratifying to know I could attract other men. Even the bartender gave me a few lustful looks. All I would have had to do was say yes to one of them and ..." This type of manipulation is not needed nor is it there in a loving relationship. What was the wife thinking? This was just plain stupidity on her part.

shangoshangoover 15 years ago
Stinker

It's not like Hubby ran a Night Club! He was at work! He could have cheated too, if he was less of a grown-up. I know thw wife didn't (this time), but it is just a matter of time. Any adult who doesn't realize the responsibility of being a Parent IS JOB ONE, should be sterilized.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
B-E-A-utiful!

I loved this!

It's one of the deepest and most touching (emotionally) pieces of internet erotica I've ever read. Truly a literary masterpiece. It's not often you get to read something with even a decent balance of plot and sex, let alone something as professionally done as this.

5/5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
You did good!

This is a fine story, you have written some fine stories in the past and this one is certainly one of them. R.T.

jiminabjiminababout 13 years ago
Good one

Thanks Jack that was a good read and so different then most in LW. 5 from me. For KK in Texas...if you want to see lots of pink houses try the Bahamas or any island in the Caribben. But I don't think I have seen any with green shutters. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I can relate

Nicely told story which I could really identify with. Those bartenders certainly hand out good advice. Thanks for sharing.

brujaybrujayalmost 13 years ago
Nice

Enjoyed the story. Thank you.

IrfonIrfonalmost 13 years ago
Phew !!

Thankfully the commonsense in your story did NOT produce a ferocious Divorce - but did produce a very timely message - which got thru' in good time,thus my Phew!!

Great

True

& happily - SAVED !!!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
A bit simpleminded and immature attempt at a story.

It is one of your worst attempts. Your standard is usually higher than this. But than again,we cannot be excellent all of the time. Or can we???

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
NEVER, EVER LOSE SIGHT OF WHERE YOU STARTED

for to end up without it SUCKS BIG TIME. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
A REAL!!!!!!!!!

Loving Wives Story!! Thank you. Good read thanks for sharing.

CountryCoupleCountryCoupleover 12 years ago
Nailed it !!

This story said it all.. so close to reality. All of us that are parents of kids, work long hours, still wanting their spouse ..but so time poor..would be nodding and thinking..."that is just like us"..

time to plan that next special trip away I think... and rekindle the fires...

Thanks Jack !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A pretty good story overall...............

Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
great story great message and philosophy

Loved it!!!! The message is truly important hope love trust communication and teamwork. Marriage is a team concept that needs input and cooperation. Great story Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Um

Nice story, but it bothered me that she didn't even apologize for not leaving a note, and she didn't call him from the bar to let him know what happened. That's not a very loving gesture. For all he knew, she up and left him and took the kids with her, and she let him think it all day.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
@ Anonymous 02/02/15

From the way he was at home for so long being at most physically there but busy with other things, for all she knew he no longer cared.

Too many people, especially Americans get caught up in living to work instead of working to live.

If your job matters more than your wife/husband then you should not be married.

There should not be any choosing between your work and your family, the priority should have already been set when you said "I do".

Employers usually prefer married people when hiring, that should mean that they understand that their employees have families and a commitment to a life outside of work.

jimbo103jimbo103over 8 years ago
a coin has three sides, so does the truth

companies give a "reason" to hire married people citing stability & reliability, the actual truth is far from it,

a married person is more dependant on the job due to responsibilities & financial locks(mortgages/loans).

a married person is bound to obey changes in company policy due to fear of job security. now by bound i dont mean legally, they will say it as "you are free to accept the terms or leave we will help with the recommendation letter & severence" whats choices des the married person really gonna make?

a married person can always be lulled into corporate servitude with the promise of tenure, really you tell me if a promise of a better pay with assured benefits 10yrs down the line wont make a married person agree to some overtime, extra duties or even some special "favours",

the management & business schools internally realised that the ultimate captains of industry were actually psychopaths, pimps & drug dealers, why? the use of psychological tactics, systematic manipulations, dependency was key to keep the workers working.

there is a hell of of lot thats not visible, & often too many times we comprehend too little too late. bull s is every where, its only upto us to open our minds to grasp how we are played, we can only be vigillant

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So a "lesson about marriage" story

Okay albeit a tad boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
In a bar?

The last place a good looking woman in search of a place to think is going to go is a bar. She knows she's going to get on - a lot. Go to Starbucks.

DrKenStoneDrKenStoneabout 8 years ago
What a Cry Baby

Oh poor her. The husband works his ass off and she isn't adult enough to get on board and do her part!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Loved it

Great message. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Should Have Given A Five.

Well written and well balanced in the logic.

I believe it would take a lot more than this type of stress to make a loving wife, with her background, to cheat on her hard working husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
SHOWS AUTHOR'S INSIGHT

...into where the rubber meets the road. Left me misty eyed.

Comments that seem to pit the job against the marriage bothered me. It is jobs that provide a life. Having said that, too much of a good thing is not good. Many years ago, Paul Harvey News reported that a man in Florida died from drinking too much water (gallons a day, trying to flush out his system). Too much of a good thing is not good. As Rebecca found out, this principle lalso applies to mothering (especially when lacking husband support -- kudos to those single moms). DrKenStone's comment showed lack of insight into this principle, as well as into mothering -- in contrast to the author's insight which was the very foundation of this wonderful short story.

Unquestionably, 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Very nice

One of the best stories about a loving wife that I've seen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

5 stars well earned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very nice story

The wanking material included did detract from the overall quality (tedious, moron bait), but I still give it a 5

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
Good Loving Wife story!

This kind of story is almost a 'unicorn' Thank You 5*****

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Now that's a loving wife. Excellent tale.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Wonderful story, there is a very important message in this storyline and that is never, ever take your spouse for granted and if you find yourself doing it stop and correct the problem by being that husband or wife that should be loving and caring. It is good to see this type of story from time to time. Well done 5 stars

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To the naysayers: she wasn't close yet to cheating. But she did realize she was not happy and something needed to change. For his part the husband realized before she stepped out on the porch that night that the marriage had issues and he was at least partially at fault (probably in his mind mostly his). She got lost in being a.mother to four kids. Stay at home parent is a lot of work with multiple kids. It deserves respect. And it can sometime be too much. They just needed to rekindle their spark. And they did. Case closed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I've heard it said that marriage is not a commitment - it is a promise to recommit when times are difficult. These two figured it out and good for them. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice: 5.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous