All Comments on 'Play Testers Wanted Pt. 08'

by Lost Boy

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What story tag should i search in for this

What tag should i search in for this cause I've been using harem but it never shows the recent so any suggestions?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Damn

I hate to be rude but could you end chapters when Booker leaves the Sim. It is such a cliffhanger to just stop. I know it builds suspense but it is so frustrating.

litreader9696litreader9696over 4 years ago
As usual...

I literally just finished reading, and I'm already jonesing for the next chapter.

Getting right to it, did you retcon his mother's character??? On page one of Chapter one, only like four paragraphs in, you made this observation when Booker is laying out the details of the play testing gig, "My mom couldn't shove me out the door fast enough. One month with the house to herself. It didn't get any better than that for her." Then in this chapter, she shows up and we get hit with the one-two punch of hints to his paternity, as well as his mom knowing the Shaws "extremely" well, not to mention their taboo past. Was this a continuity error?

I've never read much in the way of comics, so the MCU movies are my only source of info aside from Google searches and Wikipedia, but the references to Sif don't line up with what I'm familiar with, aside from the myths I just mentioned. She wasn't even in the latest Avengers movies. I guess I imprinted on Jane Foster, then wondered why she disappeared after The Dark World. (Was Natalie Portman unavailable?)

Lastly, I'm loving the Dark Elf flashbacks, and really hope that (SPOILERS AHEAD) Ghost is who I think he is. It would be a little weird if he turned out to be Odin's brother-from-another-mother (I couldn't tell from the text whether Odin or Narloth was born first since he was told of both in essentially the same moment), but if he was Thor's cousin, that would rock. I have no clue how that would work, so I'll just have to wait and see how you work out the details of it all. I can't wait!

P.S. I still can't get over all the things happening IRL for Booker. It still couldn't have been more than a few days in the play testing facility since he first got there, yet there is that much publicity and worldwide following online?

And how is he supposed to train his new apprentice/IRL lover, Aoki? He spent months at a time, multiple times, training with his various masters, and you just pointed out that it was only possible in the few days he's been playing because the nanites had augmented his mind. She obviously hasn't bonded with the nanites, so he would have to slow down to her "speed" to train her, drastically curbing his advantage, and the whole reason he can get so much done between mandatory IRL rest periods.

The only way I see getting around it all is to have him dump Aoki's character off with Asajj and/or Nightwind, and let them train her at her own speed. He can visit for booty calls. I'm sure her internet views of her getting double-dragon'd would break the net.

Now that I think about it, how did the other play testers, the "Sith Lords" get as powerful as they have in the same short time in-game, so that they could attempt to go after him on Tython?

Sorry, these little plot speed bumps are going to haunt my every waking thought, now. My mild OCD guarantees it, and my brain already hurts.

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Lost BoyLost Boyover 4 years agoAuthor
Myth and MCU

A couple of things. Sif is Thor's love interest in the original myths. I thought she'd make an interesting character to add. The gloves Ghost gets at the end are also straight out of myth. In the story of Mjolnir's creation the Dwarves fashioned a belt and gloves that went with his hammer. Mjolnir when it was thrown in battle became so hot Thor needed special gloves to be able to catch it. The belt doubled his already prodigious strength. I just swapped them around. The rest will be revealed later.

I will try and end some of the future parts with Booker outside the Game.

As far as tags... I'll be honest I haven't put much thought to them. I will in the future.

Thank you all for stopping by my little corner. It means a lot.

LB

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I love it!

In have been so depressed with the lack of good stories as of late. Now today was a gold mine for good stories. Thank you for the new chapter.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Continously quality.

Sweet story, Lost Boy, and not losing a step. Next, please, Randi.

dutch513nelsdutch513nelsover 4 years ago
Great Story

You do great work and love this story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Dude bravo another tale spun that has captured my attention completely

Can't wait for the next one :)

M_grey

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Out of curiosity is there any chance that other dark elf's survived the destruction of the Rikaten temple in the negative zone

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The King in Yellow?

Was that perhaps Hastur at the end. Couldn't stop those pesky Great Old Ones after all, much less a big-shot like Hastur.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I'm curious about the special coins that he's been collecting. Does anybody else think it would be cool to see the events that would be set in motion by the use of those coins? Especially the coin that Jean Grey gave him that was about the Phoenix.

kdeville87kdeville87over 4 years ago
great

great job I love this series keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I'm hoping for him to get it on with the She Hulk. Lets see how that turns out for Ghost Fire 😂

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm guessing that he turns out to b third cousin. Would be cool. Some really great lines in this story. Thanks!

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkey8 months ago

A message to the Author.

I don't know if you're aware but you repeatedly add new things to your stories and then abandon them or just plain change them into what I think you think is just cooler. For example, what happened to Dr Strange's curse? She hasn't turned into a male since she was initially introduced as a male, but she stated that she flips back and forth randomly, which I thought could be really awkward if the transition was during a sexual escapade. And in this chapter, Booker (bad name imo) was handed Nicks AI Silver Surfer (which is confusing when the MC's delves into a Marvel populated universe) and you've basically abandoned Traci, where I would have thought you'd have transitioned her across with him into the real world. That would have been pretty cool...

There are plenty of other instances where you just change stuff without much fanfare or explanation, or just drop bombshells like the MC is diddling his mother on the reg and everyone is cool with that. To be honest most of this story just reads as a fever dream and I'm doubting whether he's ever come out of the VR game.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLost Boy@Lost Boy
22-08-23 Sorry for the extremely long hibernation. My heart attack and recovery have hit me harder than expected. To be honest, it will likely be a bit before I continue. I am struggling with meds and coherent thought at the moment. I'll do my best to continue with stories alr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES