All Comments on 'Plum Creek'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

I prefer how you sell the storyline "softly," as nothing seemed rushed nor left out. We knew his reasons for leaving at the first, then you clarified those later; he faced his hate for the people and the war, then made his peace; he stumbled across Catherine but later resolutely moved forward with her. You balance things well, and it surprises me how consistent you are with it. You certainly sold their relationship and grew it well. 5 stars.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Delightful story! Though he was bored working in his father's store, it was the right career choice for him.

5

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u10 months ago

It's similar and yet different to your other western stories. You handle each one so well, building characters that draw the reader into the story. Sometimes what we think we need isn't what is best for us and this tale shows exactly that. Most enjoyable, 5 stars

Ravey19Ravey1910 months ago

A typical ronde western love story building nicely laying out the characters and no real drama but still excellent. 5⛤

Frankenstein1962Frankenstein196210 months ago

Another great story to add to your impressive library. Thanks for sharing. Cheers. Frankie

Smiffy69Smiffy6910 months ago

Great story. I just don’t know how you can turn out so many and varied stories so quickly. Keep it up.

linnearlinnear10 months ago

Very nice, you are a very talented writer and I love your work. Western themed are my favorite.

alexetlaurealexetlaure10 months ago

Simply excellent 5 stars or more !

des911des91110 months ago

Another cracking story. Well done and thank you

TomNJaxTomNJax10 months ago

I really enjoy your stories. Another five star winner!

afosi2604afosi260410 months ago

An enjoyable read. Well done.

EgregiousEgregious10 months ago

Yes, another enjoyable story, thanks. However, Benjamin didn't get to Oregon and was only (by my reckoning) two or three states away from his family home. I expected him (an only child) to be in communication with his parents (letters) as Catherine's child would be their first grandchild?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Love your talent and the stories it creates. Perfect 5.0*!

J6480J648010 months ago

Another hit 5*s

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire10 months ago

Enjoyable tale, gentle and sweet, in a good historical setting.

Cracker270Cracker27010 months ago

Very nice. Well written with a sweet story line. All in all a great job.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Absolutely gorgeous story, five stars. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Appreciate the effort, but in the end, bit of a yawner. Could be any episode from Bonanza, with one extra scene that wouldn't have made it past the censors in the 1960's. ZZZzzzz....

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

it was very vanilla and basic. good thoughts good story line. would like to have seen more back story on catherines family. and more romance. definitly needed more more romance.. over all not a bad story at all

AWriterGuyAWriterGuy10 months ago

I've really enjoyed your stories I've read and the way you set the characters up so they are people I want to see have a happy ending together. My only small suggestion is that on a few of your stories now you've done a time skip between paragraphs that is quite dramatic and it takes me a moment to readjust. If you put a clearer page break it would remove that little mental hurdle, though that is only a small issue.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great idea.

The Oregon and Mormon trails are rife with stories ideas.

Reminds me of a documentary I saw on TV about them.

A young healthy guy got up in the morning, by nightfall he was dead from disease.

He's buried along the trail within sight of a huge power station.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight10 months ago

I enjoyed this story and especially the blue roan. Nice romance.

A_BierceA_Bierce10 months ago

You paint a compelling picture of how much of the west must have been settled, including the price many paid with their lives for the trying. Potboiler westerns are usually filled with bad guys bullying and cheating law-abidinig folk, but men like Benjamin and women like Katherine must have been more common than those dramas portrayed and managed to persevere and establish stable commuinities. Your stories are a welcome counterpoint to those horse operas and offer a faint hope that we might someday return to a common purpose based on mutual trust and respect. Don't forget, Benjamin had a Winchester 73 and a double-barrel 10 gauge, a formidable armory for one man. Keep on keepin' on, Ronde, we need your inspiration.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You keep hitting romance stories out of the park! Thanks!

Crusader235Crusader23510 months ago

Wonderful story, i really enjoyed it. In a way they saved each other, and as usual the Female showed the male how it should be. Loved your description of their first time together. Five stars, and thank you for it.

PurplefizzPurplefizz10 months ago

There’s a charm about this story I can’t put my finger on exactly, there’s no blood and guts, there’s no intensely erotic scenes and there’s no exciting action scenes, it has the ring of realism about it tbh, maybe that’s down to the “warts an’ all” description of the Oregon Trail and the mortality rate the settlers using it suffered, even as a Brit, we know the wagon train has been romanticised more often than not.

I really enjoyed this and my only minor criticism would be that I’d have liked it longer, sometimes more of something is only more, but this story felt as if it had a lot more to give, there was at the very least, an epilogue missing, of him being an old man perhaps, surrounded by Grandchildren and looking back on how his life had mirrored his Father’s, or maybe it could have included him corresponding with his parents sharing how his life had turned out and the irony of leaving a General Store only to end up in one again. Anyway, many thanks for writing and posting Ronde, cheers, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

WilCox49WilCox4910 months ago

Another really excellent story, Ronde. Again, it would be nice if you made some kind of typographical break when a serious amount of time brings a new situation. A cantered row of asterisks or hyphens or SOMETHING, maybe.

.

But as usual with your historical stories, the background is more than solid enough to give the story a realistic feel. The characters are well thought out and very believable. (I'm thinking of Benjamin and Catherine, but the minor characters too.) Absolutely 5*. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great Story, nice character pictures, background very good, & enough loving to make it fun. Nicely drawn strong woman, distressed, but wanting to fight if need be. Good one!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...