All Comments on 'Pogo and Spooky'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Anyone noticed?

The rash of stories being moved to other categories? Swingerjoe has been reporting stories to the site as being in the wrong category in retaliation for tho authors deleting his comments. Carvohi gets moved to essays, Vandemonium1 gets his story pulled for "format errors," Imhapless gets moved to non-con. Better be careful, Todd172, don't piss Swingerjoe off. He'll whine to the moderators and get your story moved.

Good story, by the way. 4 stars.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
As always

Another fully-engaging and entertaining read. You always leave me wanting to read more, which I suppose is the ultimate compliment. No one here is better when it comes to creating fully-fleshed and interesting characters. Very well done.

Oh, and anony, you're an idiot.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Excellent!

"Just outta college but smarter than you and me put together."

"Doesn't have to be too bright then."

I just loved those lines!

I haven't noticed any stories being MOVED, I know some writers are posting in other categories.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
What a nice day.

Very good job. You're stories are always entertaining and I seem to be getting used to your style. I did notice that Imhapless' story got moved to non-consent this morning. Wondered about that, but there are several nice stories today, this being one of them. Looking forward to your next.

oshawoshawover 7 years ago

At some point, you're going to wise up and start collaborating with a graphic cartoonist and like Frank Miller's Sin City series make a ton of money. Thanks for another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Randi she moved the story to raise the score in a different category.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 7 years ago
Excellent

Very good story telling.

5* again

Please keep posting

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 7 years ago
Loving the back stories

Please keep em coming. Thoroughly enjoying these characters and your writing style.

5/5

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Okay, I guess

It wasn't disgusting or gross. It might work as a stream of consciousness exercise in a creative writing class, but it reads like a series of comic book panels, written by someone on an acid trip. Maybe that graphic art thing another commentator mentioned is your bag. Just one example, out of bunches: "A small voice, more timid than she'd ever used, I think." It isn't even a sentence, let alone a paragraph. Sorry, I think you have talent, but I can't like writing like that. I don't want to troll you, so I'll leave you alone. I won't comment or read any more. You seem like a nice guy.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Another great story.

It is a good day on Lit when I see that you have posted a new story.

Very good read. A few minor mistakes but nothing to take away from the story. As usual, excellent pacing and good flow to the tale. 5 stars again.

I'm enjoying learning about all the characters from the bar. It seems like you are building a foundation with these back stories. Maybe we could be looking forward to a saga involving these characters?

Thank you for writing and looking forward to your next story.

Rocco1960Rocco1960over 7 years ago
Great story line

I love you monster series! It reminds me of a friend of mine! He was a spooky guy who's heart was tamed by a younger woman.

leviayersleviayersover 7 years ago

enjoy your stories thanks 5

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
A real treat

Some of the most creative and unique story lines I've had the pleasure to read on Literotica. And so damn minimal - great impact. 5 stars plus. Thanks

SagaciousMoronSagaciousMoronover 7 years ago
5 *'s again.

5*'s again Todd. Excellent sequel to the Shameless & Monster series, fleshing out another interesting character.

Eight superlative stories right out of the box, in the most difficult and contentious category in Literotica. It's a little hard to believe that you're truly a newby, but no reveals please as it feeds the fantasy that any of us might do as well.

Keep it up, I really appreciate your efforts!

SM

dinkymacdinkymacover 7 years ago
Super!

Hope you have more and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@ randi's comment

"Very good job. You're stories are always entertaining and...."

I guess the "team" must have taken the day off. And the beta readers too.

An English teacher, huh?

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
An excellent trilogy...

An excellent trilogy...I liked this one very much too...Thank you...4*

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Feedback!

I appreciate the feedback, it helps. I've got another one posting in the next couple days. I want to get it out while I had time.

Everybody: Thanks for the encouragement, and I'm glad you enjoy them.

Kimmi1990: Sorry you don't enjoy the style... but I have to tell you, if I ever get this published I would like to use your endorsement: "reads like a series of comic book panels, written by someone on an acid trip". That just sounds cool. I'm sure that alone would sell a few copies. No acid, but there are a couple empty bottles of port sitting around now. Still, seriously, thanks for the comments.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Okay, maybe a little harsh

You are a good guy. Hey, you know how it is; we like what we like.

@anonymous re: randi's comment. Swingerjoe, everyone knows it's you. Your little one-sided war against Randi is hilarious. How jealous are you, dude? You're like, obsessive or something. Haven't you noticed that she never responds? She doesn't care. Well, really, no one cares, because you don't matter.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Follow Oshaw's advice !

You really do have a wonderfully lucrative future if you hook up with the correct illustrator ( or do they call themselves inkers) .

I would get all of your stories and characters copywrited' or however that works , and then I'd get in touch with Stan Lee , or someone else in that business , get your works out there , and then get movies made !

Then ,I can brag to all my friends that I was the first one to suggest that you put your stories in Graphic novel style ! I'm selfish that way , lol.

Then I'll have to explain how the Crkcppr' moniker came to be , and they'll not believe me ! Lol.

5 *'s

0zed0zedover 7 years ago
Great Story!

I'm loving the series (trilogy). Please keep'em coming.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Randi's Comment

Randi hardly needs me to defend her, but you don't seriously think that she uses beta readers and an editing "team" for comments, or even wastes her valuable time proof-reading comments, do you?

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Another

Another nice one, short and sweet. Be interesting to see more about the girl in some future story. Sorry, I'm dense about the oil and banana cream pie thing- I don't think I want know, because it might ruin banana cream pies for me, and I do like banana cream pies.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Onethird

Todd may correct me, but as for the oil, just picture two naked bodies covered in oil, sliding against each other!

The "banana cream pie" was just a reference to old-time comedies where someone would get a cream pie in the face.

I think we can all imagine her intentions regarding the whipped cream!

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Kimmi1990

Kimmi1990 - I'm not offended, we do like what we like. I'm having fun, so

it's all good. This is kind of like riding in the back seat of the family

car on a road trip with my sister:

Scene: Back seat of a 1978 Buick Station wagon. Somewhere in Kansas. At

noon. In August. The air conditioner is broke and the seats are vinyl.

//Todd is breaking sentences and leaving fragments on the seat between

them.//

Kimmi: Stop that.

Todd: I'm not doing anything.

Kimmi: You're doing it on purpose.

Todd: Doing what? //snicker//

Kimmi: You know what you're doing!

Todd: I'm not doing anything. //whistles tunelessly, utterly failing to

look innocent//

//Todd deliberately drops a descriptive statement with no verb on the

seat.//

Kimmi: Todd!

Todd: What?

Kimmi //growls//

Todd //snicker//

Scene fades out..

Seriously, I won't try to convince you to like the

writing style, but as long as you're willing to be my troll, I promise to

continue to be the sand in your underpants.

;-)

Todd172

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Great Outbreak of Stories

Wonderful characterizations and lively stories... I would like to know more about Donna.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Okay

I'll be. Your little sister. Not a troll.

No sand in the panties!

"Mom! He's leaving sentence fragments. Where they're touching my side of the seat!"

"Now he's dangling participles. He just split an infinitive. Make him stop!" :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another great story

Todd172, you do a very fine job of packing allot of story with a minimum of words.

Love the characters, originality and this universe you have started to create.

Among the best of the newer contributors, thanks again. Will look for you regardless of the category.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Well done yet again.

True talent.

You could definitely write professional.

I don't know why someone (not gonna look back, don't care) said you are one of the better newer authors (or something like that)

You are one of the BEST authors.. full stop

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

Decent story, but not sure why it's even in this category

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
the strongest part of the storyline is

what is not said.

What is implied, hinted at, and left open, makes it all the more ambiguous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Read

You have a great way of telling a story, I've enjoyed this series. On another note, is it in our male DNA to always want to be the hero for a woman who has had a hard life. I just wonder, because we tend to go soft on women even when they have done the same offense as a man?

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
@Ib_Says

He put this story here because he had already posted the first two stories of this universe (Shameless and Monster) in LW, and wanted to keep the continuity.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
@Anonymous 09/14/16

re:

is it in our male DNA to always want to be the hero for a woman who has had a hard life. I just wonder, because we tend to go soft on women even when they have done the same offense as a man?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe DNA.

Maybe species memory.

In our species past there was at least one near extinction.

Only the fact that there were enough female survivors which allowed enough children to be born kept H. Sapiens Sapiens from being more than another fossil record.

This lead to the instinct behind women and children to the lifeboats first and the greater tolerance for women.

One man can impregnate many women, women can only bear a relatively few children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I really, really think you should consider publishing. It has been areal ride...

...through the series. I feel like I know these people in this world you've created within ours. And I like them...even the bad guys.

Not as if we could be friends, but because they are great characters.

I'm sure others have commented somewhat similarly, but I find your style uncanny. Sort of a mix between Jack London and Detective Sergeant Joe Friday from the old TV series, Dragnet (1951-1959).

Your style is as effective for the words that aren't there as for the ones that are.

Man, do I enjoy it!

Thank you?

Please continue.

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Sequal mis-catagorized

All,

The Sequal to this is sithing in Non Human for some reason. I reported it, hopefully they'll get it fixed. Not sure what happened, maybe somebody didn't realize Monster was a nickname. It's called Pogo's Long Day.

Todd172

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
For anyone reading the portal , read below !

The powers that be put the next part of this story in Non-Human category , for some unknown F'ing reason. Go over there and check it out , its another Todd172 classic !

Oh , and pass the word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It Appears Your Sequel has disappeared

It's no longer under your name??

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Category for Sequel: Poigo's Very Long Day

All,

I've used Report and have now submitted the category change as an Edit, so it should move, but may take 48 to 72 hours depending on how busy they are. It is still sitting in Nonhuman as far as I can see.

Thanks for your patience.

As to the graphic novel questions - I am working it, but not sure how it will go. Its a whole different set of challenges.

Thanks Again,

Todd172

kattoy120vkattoy120vover 7 years ago
Succinct and surprising

Reminds me of Vachss's Concrete Puppy... Excellent!

miscacc201501miscacc201501over 7 years ago
Just added you to my list of favourite authors.

'Nuff said.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
YOU ALWAYS KEEP YOU PRIORITIES STRAIGHT

and family is number 1 on that list, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
#2 BLACK OPS AND THEIR AGENTS

are people not to be messed with. TK U MLJ LV NV

maddictmaddictabout 7 years ago
nmaD

I'm reading this story backwards, nobody cares i know. *~*

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 7 years ago
Not a single wasted word in this one.

Reads even better the second time around. Todd can write. Well done.

DoctimeDoctimealmost 7 years ago

Just another you made my day story!! 👏🏼

SelqSelqover 6 years ago
Excellent story even the 2nd time through.

5 star still.

Rereading your stories in order, though now it's time to read what, for me, is the most difficult story of yours.

Well, Nobody's waiting so I better get reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I shall be kind.

Just "1* !! for this pile of garbage !

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
ANON 09/21/17

GREAT STORY OBVIOUSLY NOT UNDERTOOD BY ALL

F/U ANON 09/21/17

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Anon 9/21

You sleep well because rough men and women (like Pogo and Spooky, though not fictional) do fell deeds in terrible places to keep you safe. That's what you missed here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
So Dark, and so Good

So Dark, and so Good. This series is up at the top of literotica content. wish I could write like this. Ms. Todd is a lucky lady.

loragassloragassover 5 years ago
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

ya. I loved watching the stooges to...….roflmao

Very good, I do enjoy your works

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
Echo! What the last guy said!

Love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I wanted to not like it but loved it

I have read 5 of your stories so fat and have lived them all

You have a way of pulling in one direction and leaving us in another

Thank you! I will be reading all of your stories before long

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I'm Afraid

I'm starting to get used to LW stories with no sluts, just people doing what needs to be done. Shades of Liam Neeson. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loving Wives?

No one in the story was married. Good read anyway. Not complaining.

Virgo6Virgo6about 4 years ago
Women

I love the women in your story’s Wendy, Evie, Emma, Angel, Spooky, are just a few, Ex, seems to me like she is becoming the matriarch of the shack, even rivaling the power Maria or Donna can wield, if she deemed it necessary. I love,strong, powerful, dedicated and extremely loyal women. Who wouldn’t !!! Behind ever good man, is a great woman, and your women are second to none. I have a feeling the misses, may be truly special... Thanks, to both of you ,for hours of great entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Another good one!

I have re-read this story many times. Can't identify what is about your stories that keep drawing me back to them.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Wow...

Another Home Run!!!

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
I

Can’t believe, there has not been a comment since may.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago

I love the whole 'Shack" series.

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
MOST PEOPLE RETURN TO WHERE THEIR IS PLEASANCE IN THEIR PAST EXISTENCE

while that choice says a lot about that life to date. TK U MLJ LV NV

Lee2012Lee2012about 3 years ago

You know you already rival John Grisham, Tom Clancy and Dave Brown - legal, intrigue suspense and military black ops. I read them all. But, they just don’t have the schtick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I really liked the story but too short. I want to know more.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 3 years ago

Got to love Spooky character. Well written Pogo is awesome as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved this story as well as everything Todd writes.

For those who want to throw their money at todd here is a comment that he put in a place where very few would read it.

We have novelized the first three Needles and Delaney stories into an ebook on Amazon, titled, originally enough as "Needles and Delaney." We did that partly because so many have asked us to, partly because it was just something new to do, and partly as to protect the work - there are people who skim sites for stories then publish them as ebooks under false names. Some of the real heavy hitters here have had that happen to them.

Doc Spirit 3

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Great story teller as usual, we thanks to you volunteer editors to

Bushmasters22Bushmasters22over 2 years ago

Too many phrases, words that only special ops military would know.

A bit difficult to know the identity of the narrator, & the motive early in the story .

Plot was well thought out. The self proclaimed hero narrator wears thin.

Suggestion: list the suggested reading order of the stories in the header of every story.

Finally, great writing, drama but may add a bit more chapter development.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Short and pithy again. Loved the corn oil and whipped cream references. It took her 12 years to get his details surely she could have used Eugene. I need more details on Spooky??? 5 again

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

I keep searching for more new stories but I always end up back here for a well known and talented writer. I have no criticisms and can't understand any who do criticize 'free' stories. Does the old phrase "never look a gift horse in mouth" mean anything?? Well it does to me. Good writing and editing to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another story I keep coming back, like calling on an old friend to check that they are doing well.

You are a master of your craft.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

A truly romantic story, for the third time.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

Loved it. An well told story that has such deep details in such a short tale.

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 2 years ago

Not sure why Spooky looked him up but it's a good tale and I hope to find out. I sure am getting tired of throwing 5's your way.

Amazon says I'll get my copy of your book later today, my little effort to your becoming a literary Shakeyspear ........

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just keeps getting better and better!

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

It would be a 1 paragraph storie if it was monster, I loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on a great Spooky and Pogo story . I just wish it was a hair longer to make sure they get together .. It makes Spooky scary to know that Monster watched her as another Monster

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Todd, I'm beginning to suspect you are one of those guys who show up at your door and then know you are saved....or are now facing your worst night mare.......just before you die.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Once again this story lets me escape the problems of life, although I don't have many anymore as I'm retired with a comfortable income but that one thing hangs over my head, taxes and the IRS. I'm retired why the hell do I have to keep filing?

OpenToOpenMindedOpenToOpenMindedover 1 year ago

I read this and then read it again, I still got a better high! Your stories are so intoxicating that the DEA needs to force you to put a warning on them as to cause addiction. Please do NOT ever feeding my addiction!

Just let me know when you start publishing your e-books? I do not have an Amazon account any more but I will reinstate if that is the only way to gain them. I can't state which of your stories is my favorite, there is no "ALL" button on your profile listing that option.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Todd, and Missus!, ALL of us love these stories!!! I bought needles and Delany and have reread all of the LW stories 5 times.

PLEASE PUBLISH MORE.

As a reader wrote below I suspect you are one of those people who show up in the middle of the night and are the answer to a prayer...or the physical manifestation of a nightmare the'll never wake up from.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Go to UTUBE and call CCV of home and street assaults. In the majority of Leftist states criminal behavior tolerated hence violent, with and w/o weapons sores.

As a barometer of personal security WOMEN now purchase 40 of firearms.

People no longer feel safe and are beginning to realize that in liberal states the safety of decent people is of no concern to the politicians.

I live in Idaho, hardly a crime cesspool, but there had been a noticeable uptick in violent crime in the last 18 months. I thought on it a year and, finally, now carry becausecI feel I must. That despite the fact the law works hard to keep us safe.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Another story to add to the list of those from the Shack that are great reading.

NickCaveNickCave10 months ago

This is my second time running through this 20-story tale - by far the best thing on Literotica, in my opinion. There's a phrase I didn't pick up on my first read-through. I don't sleep much. A few hours every 2-3 days and those last 4-5 hours before I pass out, I'm a zombie, So it's not surprising I missed a couple of things in this story and the preceding tale, "Monster". Anyway...everybody has a pattern of life. Every. Body.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Goddamn.

gopher25gopher257 months ago

Dumb story -- could not figure out what was going on most of the time.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

5 Stars on a good story. I like Spooky a lot.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Gopher, this story seemed pretty straight forward

Todd, I've been wondering , when your were "working" if you weren't one of those guys who, if they showed up on your doorstep, were either their salvation or worst, and last, nightmare. I'm more sure of it now.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

It wasn't as excellent as the previous "Shack" stories... but it was still pretty good and enjoyable! Is Donna the one from Blue Topaz Eyes?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

5 Stars and yes I would marry Spooky in a heart beat . She is the real deal as is Monster and Kurt and Needles .

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I understand a lot more about Spooky now. I loved this story for the gentle undertones

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

How you can take a modern gothic tale and turn it into a pre romance is totally 'Kreskin' magic to me. If it was your wife's input, then you have more culinary

skills then crispy sweet and sour pork.thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Give stars. Nuff said.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just the facts, but presented to just draw the reader in and leave you wanting more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...