Possessing Bella Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course," Kurt said magnanimously, recovering his business composure quickly.

Bella glossed over her time at Rob's 'shack' and her recklessness in seeking out one-night-stands just to feel something again. She explained that the one-night-stands were a waste of time and how Dorothea had said it was a lesson she had to learn. That vanilla no longer held any real enjoyment for her.

Taking her time she then explained about the visit from Jack and Dusty and their proposition about the training Mel had put in place. Finally, she spoke of her own feelings about how it could work now and if he would help Charles at the meeting tonight, she could be happy. In amongst all of the information she gave him she spoke of how she had felt like a leper, untouchable and fragile, like a broken toy on a high shelf that people reach out for but then remember it's broken and walk away.

"There is more," Bella took a breath. "The business side of my life, which is why I am here," she said quietly.

"By all means continue then," Kurt enthused and leaned back in his chair enjoying just listening to her talk with a clear direction. Bella outlined her idea for a new business that she could own and manage under the company's banner and her idea of travelling to inspect like-minded businesses and manufacturers.

"This was all Mel's, not truly mine and while I am grateful for my position here in his company, if I am ever to find some peace from the nightmares and guilt that plague me I can't be here or in that office. I would like to travel and see how these businesses operate and the manufacturers that supply them, build relationships so to speak," Bella finally stopped to breathe and look up at Kurt.

"So to recap as I understand it," Kurt looked at her seriously, "You want me to support Charles and whatever he says about your training at the stakeholder's meeting tonight," he waited as she nodded blushing gently, "and you want me to approve your gallivanting around the country inspecting small businesses in between this training." Again Bella nodded.

"As the main partner's in this business, aside of you and Vince, though that is still to be decided, I have to ask," Kurt looked at her steadily, "What's in it for us."

Rob was surprised by the question. He hadn't even considered saying no to Bella, but rather the logistics of keeping her safe as she travelled. He watched as Bella straightened her back and took a deep breath.

"I can't come back here full time and be happy," Bella said sadly. "I talked to my lawyer, and the idea is sound, and I could do it on my own if I needed and survive off the dividends from my shares in the company. I would much rather do this with your guidance though." She appealed to his ego, "Mel told me while we were in Italy that you could run this company, as well as him, if not better while he was away, it was why he could just up and leave for such a large amount of time; he had you and Rob to look after everything... including me." She threw in the last two words without thinking, but she knew it was true.

"Such flattery is beneath you Bella although my ego enjoyed the stroking. Here it is about business, what type of business are we talking about?" Kurt sat forward in his chair ready to grill her and poke holes in her business plans if she had one at all.

Rob sat back watching the exchange, this was why he had left the running of the company to Kurt only coming in on the big decisions. Small or large Kurt revelled in machinations of the business world and could spot possible pitfalls before others.

"I am interested in jewellery, a small shop to start with but eventually expanding to franchise. While it would carry the usual sort of things found in a jewellery shop, I would like it to be more a boutique specialising in hand blown glass as well as fetish wear like the collars Master Rob makes. They are beautiful and from what I can tell a largely untapped market aside of what is available online," Bella paused for breath. In truth, believing herself a young widow of sorts, she had been researching similar types of businesses online for the last month or two.

"I see," Kurt murmured, "You have a plan with you?"

"If I could log onto a computer somewhere I could print it out for you," Bella smiled noting the surprise in Kurt face with satisfaction. She had purposefully walked in with nothing in her hands. Inwardly Bella grinned but kept her face serious, she had emailed the plan to herself in case such an occasion should ever arise.

"Of course, Dianne will let you use hers," Kurt chuckled realising he had underestimated the young woman. Mel had so overshadowed her that he had never given much credence to the business degree she held and why she had come to work for him. He watched Bella leave his office closing the door behind her.

"Interesting," Kurt murmured to Rob, "I think I underestimated that girl."

"You and me both," Rob chuckled, "I got that 'can we talk as friends who care about each other' deal yesterday, with more weight on the personal stuff and training. I think despite the amount of times Mel told us about her intelligence and strength most of us have totally underestimated that little girl."

"I see that," Kurt nodded admitting he felt the same.

"I was given some advice from Wildman earlier today," Rob began to laugh realising how true it was after Bella's talk with Kurt about going it alone if he wouldn't support her, even though she had said it in a tactful way it amounted to the same thing.

"I can imagine," Kurt laughed out loud.

"Surprisingly he quoted Jack of all people and I think it will be needed tonight if the opportunity arises. After the conversation, you just had with Bella I think it might be appropriate to use his own words back on him." Rob paused, and Kurt looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"He could see she was finding her own way on her own terms, and she was scared, like a Brumby being brought in to the yards, in Jacks words, 'if you hold her reins too tight she will bite you and bolt,' and if she does I don't know that we could ever get her back," Rob rubbed his jaw. "With the one night stands and all, I worry..."

"Yeah, I can see that but I am not going to approve a bad business plan," Kurt too looked thoughtful. "If it needs work, as they all do at first, we can do it together, at the club if she doesn't want to be here," he amended in deferring to her words and Rob's well-founded worries.

Bella came back in munching on a macaroon and handed the printed sheets of her plan to Kurt. "Please give me your honest opinion," Bella said softly as she let the document go.

Watching Kurt begin to leaf through the document, she turned to Rob and spoke quietly, "Do you think we could have an early dinner before the meeting tonight, please, Master Rob?" She looked up and saw Dianne close the office door after hearing her speak, once again Dianne had suggested strongly she do something and had stayed around to make sure she did. "I am starving lately."

"Of course," Rob said with a frown realising they had skipped lunch entirely.

"There's a great little Asian restaurant on the way to the club if you want to eat somewhere different. I was going to take Dianne on the way if you want to join us, just don't tell Jake, he can be a bit overbearing about us eating elsewhere," Kurt grinned.

Rob shrugged, and Bella nodded with a smile. It seemed someone was finally listening to her. Mel had always said not to be scared to ask for what she wanted, he would then choose if it were appropriate or not. Perhaps it was the calm well thought out way she had approached the two men he had entrusted her future to, rather than railing at them about wanting to escape and be left alone, which she realised now was never an option open to her. Both Rob and Kurt took their responsibilities seriously, and it was their way of honouring Mel.

"Thank you both for listening to my requests seriously and taking the time to think about them. I can't have been easy to be around recently, and I am sorry for that," Bella looked at them both "I am a lucky girl to have you both looking out for me and still caring for my welfare and I love you for that. Mel as always knew what I would need before I ever did." She chewed her lip as she let herself dwell on his control over her life, her eyes becoming glassy with unshed tears. "I realise my change of attitude to work and well, everything seems rather sudden, but I have thought about it a lot recently, and I really want to do this, all of it."

"I haven't really looked at this plan yet, and I won't let you make a bad investment just because you ask nicely," Kurt said firmly.

"Oh, I know," Bella smiled lopsidedly, "It's why Mel trusted you to advise me and help me. It's why he trusted Rob to ensure that I wouldn't just be swept up by a Master who was undeserving of my submission. I finally get that." She gave an embarrassed laugh, "I would just like to... I don't know... have a choice in what my future holds, and start living again, you know?" "I was never brave enough to talk to you about what I really wanted to do." She looked at both of them, "I guess Dusty's visit and Jack's invitation was the catalyst, add my drunken confession to Stephen about what I had been doing at the shack and everything sort of came together at one time so that finally I had to speak up."

Kurt looked again at the plan in his hands. He had liked her little speech. It showed forethought of a decision he thought rash and hastily put together. "Get Dianne to show you around the couple of offices we would be able to move you to and pick out your own colour schemes and such, while Rob and I have a chat about this plan of yours and what it is you want me to support Charles with at the meeting tonight," Kurt was very businesslike rather than the relaxed goofball Bella knew was within that company man persona.

"Yes, Master Kurt," Bella smiled slightly. She didn't want to push her luck by asking any further questions about when Rob had told him of her wish for an office change or why he had agreed so fast, instead she nodded and quietly left the room leaving the men to talk.

Dianne was thrilled to have Bella all to herself for the time being and happily chatted as they walked along the corridor to have a look at offices. Approaching the first she recognised it and turned to Dianne her eyes wide, "I don't want to kick anyone out of their own office!"

"Oh, sweet thing," Dianne grinned, "You're not. They're volunteering. In fact, I bet they try and get you to commit to take their office."

"Why would they do that?" Bella was confused yet again.

"Each of the men is a top performing executive who has done well to keep their portfolio's from collapsing after the news of... well you know. Whoever's office you choose gets to move into Kurt's office, and he will move to the suite you will be vacating. It's win-win all around, if you think about it." Dianne explained.

"Why didn't Kurt just swap with me himself?" Bella was amused by Dianne's explanation.

"Because you're being a spoilt brat lately, and he wanted you to choose for yourself so that you couldn't change your mind in another few months," Dianne shrugged and stifled a smile at the look of horror on Bella's face at her barbed words.

"I have been pretty awful to you all haven't I," Bella acknowledged. "It was just..."

"We understand honey. Still it's good to see a glimpse of the Bella we knew coming back. Maybe you will remember who your friends really are now," Dianne was being acerbic but she couldn't help herself, she was hurt that Bella had reappeared in the last two days without even a call to let her know and maybe arrange to see her.

Bella didn't know how to apologise for the mean and hurtful things she had said to all her friends who had only wanted to help her in her grief. Instead, she said nothing grateful for their understanding and forgiveness. She had avoided seeing them again knowing apologies were necessary, but it seemed it was too late for Dianne judging by the way she now spoke to Bella.

As predicted each of the executives gushed over Bella and sold the best points of their individual offices but it was one of the assistants that helped her make some sort of decision. The executive himself was fairly typical of the alpha male types found in this company. Rhys Muldoon was tall, handsome and muscular, and he spoke with confidence when greeting the two women, welcoming them into his office in the absence of his assistant.

Having been given a cursory tour of the well-appointed office they had prepared to leave when an immaculately dressed young man hurried in. "Dianne! Am I too late?" he presented coffee and some petite little pastries to them encouraging everyone to sit in the comfortable chairs and enjoy the snack. "Darling if I know Kurt and Rob they have been running you ragged all day, how are you holding up, girlfriend?" He squeezed Bella's hand before offering the plate of goodies to her.

Dianne burst into peals of laughter as the young man barely let them get a word in as he continued asking question after question of Bella. Rhys interrupted the flow with a gruff rebuke. "Perhaps if you took a breath now and then they would answer your questions," he said with a low dangerous whisper. Suitably chastised, the young man sat back on his chair and looked at the girls eagerly.

"No, you're not too late and Bella is doing great, aren't you, honey?" Dianne answered him.

"This is wonderful, thank you," Bella indicated the perfect little pastries, "I am starving, it couldn't have come at a better time."

"Excuse me please, Miss Biancotti, I have some work that is pressing," Rhys said standing from the comfortable chair.

"Oh, I am so sorry," Bella immediately stood up as if to leave.

"Please stay, Patrick will pout, if you don't let him show you the details he added to the office himself and get all of the gossip from you both." The man laughed at the appalled look Patrick gave him and continued, "Take your time; I am sure there is no hurry, if I know Rob and Kurt they will be arguing over some minor detail in whatever they are talking about." The man nodded and left the room.

"And that's why I love him," Patrick gushed as he turned back to the women. "Well as you haven't run away with a Middle Eastern prince after all, I need all the gossip," he grinned at Bella.

"Are you kidding?" Dianne exclaimed, not letting Bella speak for herself, "She has waltzed back in here demanding a new office, probably a new PA and is auditioning new Masters as if she has the choice of anyone she wants. This little girl grew a set of balls while she was away. " She threw back her head laughing as she teased Bella. The truth was that she was feeling betrayed that Bella had shared none of her plans with her. Mel had put her in the position of confidante to his slave, and Dianne had thought herself Bella's closest friend in this world. Bella should have sought her advice or at least talked to her about her plans but instead had obviously spoken to others.

"Oh, my god it's not like that at all!" Bella gasped, "Do I seem that bad? I just wanted to start the training Mel planned for me again and come back to work in a way that I wouldn't constantly be reminded of him and the guilt I feel that he saved me while both he and Tony..."

"Died," Patrick finished for her giving Dianne a hard look. "Geez Dianne, that was a bit bitchy even for you."

"Oh Darlin', lighten up, it was a joke," Dianne put an arm around Bella's shoulder. "You've gotta be tougher than that, people will say much worse, just like they did when you took Mel's collar remember? We talked about everything back then."

Bella nodded and smiled crookedly, she just hadn't expected to hear such things from Dianne's lips, they were friends after all. She chewed her lip thoughtfully and took another small pastry.

"She's also one of those girls who can eat anything and never gain weight can you believe it?" Dianne added with a smirk making Bella pause in her chewing. Dianne was laughing, but Bella could tell there was anger below the surface of her barbed remarks, and she wondered why.

"You know what they say Dianne, if you can't say anything nice then shut the fuck up. Come on Bella, let me show you around this place properly," Patrick said lightly taking her arm and guiding her around the large room. "I'm really not keen on leaving our little love nest," Patrick winked making her smile, "Well, not for an office the same size with a view that's only marginally better, it's taken me ages to get it just right here. If you were to offer us your suite, on the other hand," He grinned leaving it open, "What other offices have you looked at?"

Bella listed off the names of the other executives she had visited and Dianne added the name of the final one they had yet to see from just behind them.

"So you did all this yourself?" Bella asked indicating the furnishings that made the large office feel cozy and warm.

"Of course, just like Dianne remodelled Kurt's fabulous space. Most of the assistants who know their Master's well tend to take charge of that side of things," Patrick was obviously enjoying the unspoken praise that came from Bella.

"Thank you so much for showing me all your wonderful secrets in here, I particularly like the hidden panels in the walls, it feels so warm and cozy," Bella enthused, "But I think my time was up long ago and we still have one more to look at so we should be going."

"Mel put you in a hard place making you a minor partner here. Dianne is right, people will talk and say mean things, just keep on doing what you're doing. It will all work out, and people will get used to it, eventually," he smiled genuinely at her.

They walked out into the office's small reception area where Patrick's desk sat opening out onto the wide open corridor. The trio started in surprise as Rhys, who had left the room earlier rose from the chair at Patrick's desk and frowned at the three of them. Without any preamble he spoke firmly to them, "Patrick show Miss Biancotti through the next office on her list and then return her to Rob and Kurt, I believe I would like a word with the lovely Dianne."

"Yes Master," Patrick said and guided Bella from the scene that he was sure was brewing. Bella looked worried and chewed her lip, but Patrick was his usual chatty self, reassuring her, "That girl is so popular. You know she was a Domme before coming to work here. Everyone still respects her opinion; she has a real good mind for business even though hers went belly up a while back, and she needed Mel and Rob to save her so to speak. Well that's old news, here we are," he said smiling and pausing in his constant chatter.

Bella walked into an office that held what could only be described as a Spartan decor. There seemed to be no decoration at all, and the furnishings consisted of a large hard edged desk and several uncomfortable looking chairs.

"Well it's a blank canvas," Patrick said cheerily, "I don't think the owner likes clutter, do you?" Bella shook her head with a soft laugh.

They made their way back to Kurt's office slowly chatting about general things within the company; Bella decided she really liked Patrick. He did not ignore the death of Mel and her subsequent disappearance but neither did he harp on it. He was strong enough to say what he felt without sounding churlish, and he was genuinely good company.

They entered an office full of tension and Bella wasn't sure what happening, so she stayed silent looking at the group of people.

"Well that all sounds fair and I will deal with it in more detail tomorrow," Kurt finally said into the silence. "Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I have been a little distracted lately," he admitted. "Let's go eat and we can talk about outcomes over a long dinner before the stakeholders meeting. Did you bring your car or bike?" he asked Rob.