All Comments on 'Preemptive Strike'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 317 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
hated it

i thought the loving wives section was about wives cheating but in this story there is no cheating at all this is crap it would have been beter if he found out after the 7 weeks that she fucked jason or if he cought them but this just sucks waste of

time but it on top next time this story has no cheating or revenge in it

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. It's great to see a lengthier submission from one of the all time legends. I thought this was very well developed - a mature and well thought out storyline.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
OVER LOOKING INDISCRETIONS

create long term marriages, TK U MLJ LV NV nobody say it EZ mlj

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I don't have much to say

Just.... well done.

A story to be proud of, for certain.

gmann57gmann57about 7 years ago

Well written, I loved it, People do get back after something like this

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
This was really good.

I see that some commenters simply look for betrayal and revenge in LW these days. Plot, emotion, reality. and real marital effort is lost on them. No one does this type of story better than Ohio. He takes the reader through the pain of betrayal and finds resolution, either by believable reconciliation, or divorce and possibly revenge. Well done, Old Son!

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Good writing

As usual, well written. Like many of these stories it is very romantic. However it is not very realistic. What would a man in Nicks position really be thinking? In my opinion, he would be thinking a lot about the consequences of divorce. He would be thinking about the financial damage to him and his time with his kids being restricted. As a businessman he would be looking ahead to cover all his bases and get the best deal if he got a divorce. So, that means if she is willing to do "anything" than she should be willing to sign a postnuptial agreement to the terms that suited him best if the marriage should end in divorce. In exchange he would make every effort to repair the marriage for a year. If after that time he was not happy, then they'd divorce to the terms in the postnuptial agreement. It is right that she should trade her rights to the marital estate for her betrayal. It might be fair that if the marriage held for five years the postnuptial agreement would expire and she would be reinstated as a full partner. All the emotional crap is just silly and romantic. It is the real things in life that will really make you suffer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

she was about to cheat. she already jerked him off and had her tongue down his thoat. but it seems there is a trend of raac coming through on legends day and wives actually being loving.

Richie4110Richie4110about 7 years ago
Wonderful story by Great writer

This story affected the feeling of wonder "could I forgive if this very thing happened to me"? The answer is " I don't know, but I hope that I could get past the point that she did cheat and she did have inappropriate sex with another man".

Your handling of this subject typifies your great talent and the emotions you engender when I see your name offering a story.

I have read all your stories more than once and some several times. My favorite is "....Blue Mininvan". This one is up there with it. So thanks for sharing your talent, glad you're back and look forward to the feeling I get when I see your name on a new offering.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Flakes of Truth Finally Gleam , Finally Paydirt Pans Out From Under Mountain of Mutual Deception

Caesar Millan is the dog whisperer teaching alternately indecisive and flummoxed owners to be the leader of their pack. The husband here likewise steps up and corrects the overly self entitled and assured wife that by feigning that he is weighing his alternatives , just as she surreptitiously was.

The process was so drawn out and full of more misdirection then the find the sponge ball under one of three shells street game. I admire always Ohio's wordsmith technique, but feel in my very bones that it all played out way too long , with liars poker and bluff substituted for truth. I question the choices of his characters, while green with wannabe author envy at the " how " that their tale and dicey choices are told .

So color me confused. When in doubt, however after first read of Hall of Fame author , I opt for five star evaluation, trusting subsequent reread will clear the fugue.

Full marks. *****

HcopHcopabout 7 years ago
thanks ohio!

I don' care if the plot isn't very original, I don't care if parts of it reminds us of other stories, Ohio's writing is superb and it's great to read again an intelligent story with emotion and likeable chatacters by someone who knowshow to write, unlike the usual trash posted these days...

Benedict12Benedict12about 7 years ago
The Essential Nature of the Writer

No one who reads Ohio's work can doubt that a loving and understanding heart lies at the core of his creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@lorslammydoo

You are confused???

Ever notice how many commenters are befuddled by your meandering and self-absorbed comments. You repeatedly-make that constantly-violate the primary rule of writing!

WRITE TO EXPRESS, NOT TO IMPRESS

We get it. You have a voluminous vocabulary and appear to be exceptionally well read, however you forget your audience and leave them as lost as you are in attempting to disassemble your meandering route to gaze upon yourself in a self-congratulatory mirror wherein you delude yourself to be admiring a wordsmith

More than a dozen times you have been addressed as lsd with the added comment that as a child of 60s elite liberalism you became lost in that drug's hallucinogenic haze.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Another Great One!

I was sort of hoping that he and/or Em would tell their story to Matt's ex-fiancee!

I was also expecting him to admit that his "fling" was fake, but maybe it's better this way!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
@ my anon admirer who is so obviously " special " and was accorded designated short bus because all his teachers who knew him thought it his full due

Call me lordslammydo, call me lord loser, call me LSD, call me whatever . The point you can call ME. I can take the heat, the good , the bad and smile because I'm not faceless and graceless member of Bore-g Anon Collective. like say ....you. Enough . This is a special day. Go back to the childrens' table now with your nameless brethren . If you could do better, you would do better . I'm sure.

Have a lovely , non-cognatively dissonant day .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
if I was her

I would definitly divorce his ass. he is just a cruel selfish fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Stop at the end

Overall a good story, but Pritz's wife and Matt's fling at the end; surplusage .

literot63literot63about 7 years ago
What a treat

What a treat to read a great, well written story by one of the legends of Loving Wives. Thanks.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 7 years ago
Good, solid tale

The writing is solid but the storytelling tends towards wordy. The main character isn't likable. He's a BTB archetype; a man bent on revenge. He took pleasure in his wife's misery, a misery she started but he made worse. Fortunately, he realized that having a frightened, mousey wife was no fun and he came clean, but only after she confronted him. She may have had an affair but he compounded the problem by inflicting pain and refusing her forgiveness, nearly killing their ailing marriage. As BTB stories go, this is exceptionally well written and sophisticated, and shows the author's own growth and maturity as a writer. Thanks, Ohio.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Welcome back and thank you, Ohio

I always enjoy your ability to turn a phrase.

You spelled out how all men feel about their wives at one time or another with He really was crazy about her, the stupid bitch,

Who else consistently comes up with a line to break us up.

john1946john1946about 7 years ago
Great story

As always and it,s a pleasure to read it today

gara5289gara5289about 7 years ago
Fantastic story

Fantastic story and no offense to your inspiration but a much better story then Decisions, Decisions.

oshawoshawabout 7 years ago

Fantastic seeing you submitting a new story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
A cuck wannabe?

Who knew, other than the usual suspect, Ohio was a cuck? I have decided to challenge Ohio to a duel of sorts. He can select the weapon, and I will choose the time and place. It has to be someplace close to the home of my wife's bull, can't be too late as I get sleepy by seven PM, and no cold climates, with the exception of Old England. Loser gets the winner's wife, along with her numerous lovers, boyfriends, and lawyers. Let's see how tough you are now, cuck/fag writer of stuff that makes people puke as they read your stories over and over!

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
My comment sums it up

THERE'S A DRIVE...DEEP LEFT...WAAAAAAY BACK...GONE!!!!!

Another home run

droogedroogeabout 7 years ago
Welcome Back...

A well crafted story that some of the Newbies and even not so newbies should take on board for character development and storyline. Thanks for sharing Ohio and I hope that you will now revert to your status of regular contributor..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like to read an Ohio story. I wish you would write more.

Boyd Percy

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 7 years ago
Me Too

I am an admirer, too. In this case I particularly like the way you demonstrate that by taking retribution too far, so that it tips over into revenge, he makes himself just as unhappy as he makes her.

chytownchytownabout 7 years ago
A Complete Read*****

I like Cognac and this is very VSOP!! Thanks for sharing

katranmankatranmanabout 7 years ago
Yep.

***** It's always a treat to read something by one of my favorite LIT authors. The stories are fewer and further between these days but I still look forward to them. Maybe spending over fifty years living in central Ohio has something to do with it...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very Nice Story

It was great to see a new story from Ohio, one of my all-time favorite writers on Lit.

5 Stars, without a doubt.

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 7 years ago
Thank you

for making my St. Patty's day a little brighter! *****

0zed0zedabout 7 years ago
SOS

Or should I say SOOWS? (Same Old Ohio Wimp Shit).

Say Bye Bye & Don't come back until you grow a pair!

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 7 years ago
FFS

Why was the husband not a wealthy ninja cia delta force seal with friends who will commit felonies for him?????

Why the fuck did him an his cheating bitch wife have to act like normal people when we all know that every husband in the world is perfect and cheating bitches can never change????.

And why the fuck did the wife not end up sold to a Mexican whore house where she died of aids.

Ohio.....time for you to get with the fucking program, it has to be extreme btb or you are a sissy cuck fag who writes cuck shit.

P.S. where can I buy tickets for your cuck fight with HDK?

PPS 5*

maninconnmaninconnabout 7 years ago
Thanks Ohio!

I'm lovin the legends!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I gave it four stars

Please keep writing, Panther fan.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
2nd day reading Legends

Wow , this Legends day is turning into legends weekend and I'm loving it !

This is the kind of reconciliation story that actually rings true to me . It's a story of two equal partners who go through some act of human frailty and come out of the other side of it understanding themselves more . Not the unbalanced codependency that so many of the so called RAAC type stories that are so often depicted here.

Granted , her actions were pretty bad , but she did own up to them after he put fire to the coals.

It also showcased the husband's humanity , not wanting a subservient wife . I don't understand how anyone could actually enjoy living that way myself . He made his point , and now it's time to move on equally and wiser .

Overall , a story very worthy of Legends day status ! Thank you for sharing with us.

5*'s

njlaurennjlaurenabout 7 years ago
An Ohio special

Enough said:)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
she cheated

the fact that she didn't fuck the guy is irrelevant, it was just a matter of time. she dodged a bullet and next time she'll be more careful and cover her tracks better.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
A story worthy of the Ohio legacy

When I see "Ohio" in the byline, I know I'm in for a good read. Quality writing, as always from someone who paid his dues and is, rightly, regarded as being in the upper echelon, all time. Thank you, sir. Randi.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Nicely Done As Usual

Your stuff never disappoints, it's always a pleasure to read and think about after the story is over.

One of the reasons I love your stories is that they really never end. Life goes on, people make mistakes, people find ways to get past those mistakes, and most times love finds a way for those people to rebuild a caring relationship, and life goes on....

Thanks for a terrific read for Legends Day!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Story about two fools...

Spent too much time reading about these two idiots.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 7 years ago
Damn, it's great to read a story from a true legend...

... I've always put you up there with the truly great like Slirpuff, HDK, DGHear, and even JPB (when he's not being a contrarian). This effort did nothing to chance that opinion.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
It's always a pleasure to see an Ohio story

but I didn't particularly enjoy this one. Feels like a bit of a retread to me. You've got the husband that does the pretend affair and does the thing where he parrots her own words back at her. I've always disliked that plot and Ohio has used it before if I recall correctly.

Still very good and very solid, but not a standout for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another excellent, well written story Ohio 5*. Well done

Only slight criticism that true reconciliation will take on average 2-5 years, so this seemed a little quick. She was, however, showing remorse rather than just regret at being found out, which was good to see: i.e. feeling his pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another great story from you

Nice to see you writing again.one of the best story tellers, who lines up all his ducks and gets all the characters right and real . This was a classic putting the marriage back together. Without trilling the BTB crowd. Saving a marriage is better than destroying a whole family works for me.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
a very well reasoned argument for forgiving

almost a morality play.

greenvillerunnergreenvillerunnerabout 7 years ago
Great Story!

This was very interesting and believable. It was well written. There was also a moral to the story. You are a very good writer!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Really liked this.

Not electrifying but pretty adventurous for a realistic situation.

Solid 5* for a solid story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So well written

Great plot and a most enjoyable read.

No way out, wacky story line; a level of realism we can all relate to.

jesemmojesemmoabout 7 years ago
Interesting

If I ever wanted read an example of “Passive Aggressive” behavior, Nick would fit the bill perfectly. He wasted months with his games when if he’d confronted it in the beginning and not played his silly games with her they could have come to a point of reconciliation much sooner. No man wants to find out that his wife has betrayed him, but no man should be a wimp about bring it to a head .

She was selfish and immature about allowing all of this to happen in the first place, but either kick her ass to the curb and find the true reason for her behavior. It could have been his lack of affection or interest in her. Any man that let his marriage to become boring will find that must of the time it’s him that causing the boredom.

Other wise it was an interesting story.

rjordanrjordanabout 7 years ago
Great story

I rarely read long stories so I'm having a hell of a time getting through all the engaging Legends stories. So far, every one has held my 2 page attention span. I recognized several of my own painfully earned life lessons. A dose of real life in a story is always better than more fantasy.

rj

shaman43shaman43about 7 years ago
Well done

plotting and character development but...... personally and as a marriage counselor I hate game playing. In this case there was too much of it. Do not know if I would call it passive agressive or not. It was certainly fear based with lots of what if. Always a non productive mind state.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Very good story

The term to use is this authors stories are well crafted.

goat17obispogoat17obispoabout 7 years ago
I love a happy ending.

I love a happy ending. Even though they often don't stand the test of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'm Jedd Clampett (carvohi) and I'm not sure...

Was it a five? Of course, it was well written, interesting, about two nice people in love with one another and their children, and it ended the way it should have.

But of the other hand... and this personal

First, getting felt up is sex to me. Giving another man a hand job is sex to me, and she was primed ready for the next step when our hero stepped in.

Second, though I liked the preemption, I doubt I could've kept my knowledge of the emails a secret after her letter. I would have wanted to have everything done then and there, and being who I am, I would have done a lot of hollering and yelling. If Em was anything like my wife I think we would have yelled and cried it all out.

Third, I would have had to reconcile. Leave my kids? Not a chance. Plus, I do not believe in the adage "once a cheater..." and I didn't think Em would ever cross that threshold again.

Last, and this is the best, I was delighted when Em contacted the cad's wife. While I felt bad for the wife, he had it coming. I think that marked my complete belief Emily would never do anything stupid again, no lingering doubts about the "what might have been, or we can't hurt the cad or his family."

Thanks Ohio, an interesting story,

Jedd Clampett (carvohi) (My computers are ill.)

christmas_apechristmas_apeabout 7 years ago

if i didn't know it, i could tell it was written by ohio. it's that good. thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Its realy a good story but.....

Why has he to take a sledgehammer to let her know that something isnt alright?? To communicate with each other is the magic word!! I thought its a little bit cruel to act with his wife like he did!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great writing as always

But I can't condone what Emily did. That was sex.

I found my wife in the backseat of a car many years ago. I'd received a phone call warning me something was going on. When I got there, his cock was in her hand and he was sucking her tits, about like this story.

There was no second chance. While it was painful, we divorced. What I saw was sex without a cock in a cunt. While they may have happened, it didn't matter. She had sex with another man other than her husband. Hell, I'd have divorced her for kissing him.

Once a cheat, always a cheat? Well, she went on to marry and cheat again. And again, and again. The old adage holds true.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmabout 7 years ago
First story I have read of Ohio

I have to admit to not liking cuckold stories. But and this is important....she wasnt a bitch about it, and didnt wind up one either. Instead, I saw a real woman in real pain dealing with it like a real woman would. And the husband wasnt a complete jerk, and decided reconciliation was best. Now comes the real question, if this happened in real life where neither was trying to dominate the other would you really leave? I like the stories that are more real life than the woman being a bitch or the man not trying. Thats not real. I dont like cuckold stories, but real heartfelt reconciling that makes a story great. Read the stories by the greats, the best stories are like this. Thanks Ohio, I promise to read more as long as they are like this you got a fan.

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
A good story, indeed a story @ohio's style...

A good story, indeed a story @ohio's style...Even if I agree with some comments ( like the one from @carvohi - one writer that should have been included in the Legends day) that what she did was cheating, I also understand @ohio point of view, all resumed in answering the question: "was he better off with Emily or without her?". 4*

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7about 7 years ago
A new Ohio story

Wow, a new Ohio story. Five out of five. Not your best, but still very, very good.

You really should gather these stories together and publish them.

The thing I like best about an Ohio story is the people seem so real. I can't think of a higher compliment.

Cheers

Steve

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A good plot well told, but there is at least one huge unanswered question, . . .

What about her big sister April? She knew! How long was she going to protect her little sister from her stupidity? Why didn't April intervene, immediately? Emily was apparently quite confident she could fuck another man, tell her sister, and be secure that her sister would not divulge her treachery. How can Nick ever trust his sister-in-law again, why should he? And what was her relationship with April after that? Since April knew of the affair shouldn't she be involved in the reconciliation?

The other problem not addressed is the obvious character flaw. The only reason Emily cut off the affair was because she essentially got caught, Nick's behavior alarmed her. She was having sex with another man and thought it was OK. No shame, embarrassment, or self-condemnation until after Nick learned of her cheating. There is lots of evidence of regret and remorse, but I don't see any indication that Emily has changed her character. In the future she will just be more careful about hiding her betrayal. Emily's future faithfulness may depend more on opportunity and risk rather than conscience or ethics. There is obviously a lot more work needed to fix this relationship. I wish you had made that part of the story.

A decent job. Thank you for your time and talent.

And thank you for allowing anonymous comments. But then you've never been afraid of words, or assholes.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 7 years ago
Very Good

Once again a great 5 star story from Ohio. Thanks for a real life story that ends well.

patilliepatillieabout 7 years ago
Nice job Ohio

So glad you agreed to participate in Legends day! Looking fwd to more from you when you feel the muse upon y ou.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for this winner of a tale. I especially liked the pun at the end. It summed up the restoration of their marriage.

I also like that you showed the slow progression that many affairs have. It was believable.

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Magnificent story

It felt real. Every word, every action, everything felt like watching a real couple going through this. Absolutely magnificent. Your writing was always great, but now your stories and your plots are growing more and more. Keep it coming.

frazodfrazodabout 7 years ago
Fantastic

Really enjoyed this one. Very glad you partook(?) in Legends Day. Enjoyed this one immensely.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 7 years ago
I'm just getting around to reading some of the "Legend's," stories.

Ohio never let's us down. When I see his name on a story I know it's going to be well thought out, well written, and entertaining. 5*s.

Thanks for another great read.

cpetecpeteabout 7 years ago
Well Done

What more needs to be said. Five *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@tazz317

Not having INDISCRETIONS TO OVERLOOK is what leads to long term marriages.

However you are correct that ignoring numerous affairs could add years to an unhappy marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@lordslammdawg identity

You are just as anonymous as anyone else. Your name hardly identifies you. At least anon was allowed on short bus while you were home schooled in that padded cage

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Lordslammdawg-short bus comment

In his exchange with anonymous, Lordslammdawg made a comment about the short bus alluding to school transportation for Special Needs students. I wonder if he realizes how insulting and demeaning his comment is to those millions of students and their familes.

Perhaps like the condescending Anthony Weiner, he has at last exposed his true character

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wait a minute.....let's keep this simple

She confessed in her letter that he read.....

There had been "FOUR OCCASIONS" when she and Pritzker went beyond acceptable behavior for a man and a woman married to other people. The "FIRST" of those had been a long, sloppy kiss, in the parking lot behind a luncheonette where they'd had coffee together. After that, """""three make-out sessions"""""in Pritzker's car, parked in a little woodsy lane near a local golf course, where he'd gotten a

""""A LITTLE FURTHER EACH TIME""" Christ, it was like high school all over again!" Nick thought. The "SECOND" time Jason had gotten her bra unhooked and his hands on her bare tits; the "THIRD" time, she'd taken her blouse and bra off completely. He'd licked and sucked her tits, then finger-banged her until she came. Emily had played with his cock until he shot come all over his own shirt.

Sooooo, what happened "THE FOURTH" time ????

Seems to me that was left out...... maybe a blowjob....oh, but remember she didn't have actual sex with him !!!

Yeah right !!!

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
More real

Excellent story- certainly not the first of its type, complete with the husband rushing home with good news only to find his wife stepping out. I'm of the reconciliation crowd, so I like how it ended. The best thing about it was that there was no magic wand, making everything better. I like how he took all he pampering for a while, then realized it was not what he wanted. The progression was steady and realistic. Now, all those folks who like to trumpet "once a cheater" can stuff it. We aren't all saints and 99% of us would fall for a skillful seduction- it doesn't make us cheating scum, it just means we are human so get off your high horses, people. It's how you recover and what you learn from your mistakes that is important in the long run.

MullendersMullendersabout 7 years ago

Onethird in my experience that statement is completly false seducers pick targerts that they can seduce so there already flaw in that statement of yours

and i do truly beleave if a woman/man is just not open to the tought of cheating 99% of the time it just will not happen

in my experience there has te be an opening for a seducer and that can only be given suprise suprise by husband or wife

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
*4.5

Sooo close to being a *5

Just needed a little more clarification and a lot more emphasis on the central theme in all of these stories. This was an "affair" not a one time lapse in judgment. This was cold, premeditated betrayal. The fact that they never fucked doesn't mitigate the real damage to the bond between the husband and wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Duh

BS

grriz1grriz1almost 7 years ago
The ending I was hoping for.

I mean not too BTB with these stories. Having been the cheater I can understand what this issue can do to two people who are in love and one makes a stupid mistake. Death to all does not always have to happen. I felt your story dealt with full gambit of emotions; well done

Johnny0432Johnny0432almost 7 years ago
TOO FUNNY

another wimp story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Stupid

Wimp, cuckold and a weak personality Nick. Emily is bitch. Nick should have realized that it is Emily who vowed on their marriage not her lover but that weak wimp punished the lover because he lack those balls to punish her wife. He should have let her go to do what she is trying to do, catch them red handed and divorce her in a heart beat if he is any real man.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading

I'm writing these as I go, so some may be overtaken by future events.

Why are these wives so hung up on how "routine" their lives are? Do they think that it's all fun and games for their husbands? Would they accept their having a "fling?" And of course, they NEVER express any dissatisfaction to their husbands!

"tell me what's going on." - Yeah, just like you're telling HIM what's going on!

"I'm being super careful" - Yeah, leaving your email open; that's not even regular careful, never mind Super careful!

"And I can't help wondering whether things would be different if I'd put more energy into our marriage, into making things more interesting and exciting" - Bingo!

While I GET his discomfort at Emily being TOO subservient, I don't think most guys would be all that noble about it. I DO think that the might be nervous that she might get sick of it, says "Enough is enough!" and blow up at him.

"he didn't have any idea how to get back to what they'd once had." - Not to bring up a LW cliche, but COUNSELING.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WTF?!

Hey,sbrooks103x,I wish I had a dime for every time I see that you're re-reading a story. What,is your reading comprehension is stifled by your pompous belief that your making the most comments on this site requires some kind of mystical insight?

You,buddy,really don't know shit from shineola when it comes to just understanding what the written word means! There are no magical insights to stories on this site! It's "The Old Man and the Semen",NOT,"The Old Man and the Sea".

Spare us your sanctimonious "wisdom" and stop trying to be be the front-runner in the comments race!

No need to reread this story. The wife was tricked by a letch,and the husband thinks who he is. Same old,same old on this site.

Can't wait to read your rebuttal, sbrooks103x ,making yourself seem like some kind of literary guru of porn. ~ Get a life,dip shit!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good job!

For me, the most realistic part of the story was when he realized he didn't want the submission and her walking around on eggshells. For me, at least, that seems to be the moment of truth-how do you get back to the old comfortable plain vanilla marriage? Well told.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 7 years ago
The idea that marriages are saved and cheating

forgiven because someone asks the cheated spouse whether it would be better to live with the cheater or without them. If that were the criterion maybe if the wife killed all the kids and his parents he would take her back if someone convinced him his best interests lay with keeping her. From the facts of the story, which was very well written by the way, it would seem that reconciliation is a good thing to do. At least second read for me, I like a well written story. Thanks.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Anonymous 06/20/17 Re: "WTF?!"

"Can't wait to read your rebuttal" - Here you go! I re-read because there are so few decent new stories.

Please feel free to skip my comments, you won't be missed. Better people than you seem to feel that they have some value.

And I couldn't care less about the comments stats, I never even knew about them until recently, and I STILL don't give a shit!

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 7 years ago
2nd read

Wish I gave it 5 instead of 4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
sbrooks103 comments

I am not sure what prompted that person's outburst.

Now if it had been directed at the true pompous ass lordslammydog I would understand, agree, and applaud!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
last comment

couldn't agree with you more. That pompous thesaurus/dictionary user LSD trying to impress. Fact is, nobody is impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I agree with LordSlamdawgg except for the 5 stars.

The story follows the tradition of HardayKnight's stories of outsmarting the cheaters but it's not as fun. Instead it's painful to read because what the husband did in the story constitutes emotional abuse. Rather than playing a game with his wife, she should have just laid his cards on the table, ask her to show hers, and work out the conclusion. If a husband is unhappy with his wife, he is entitled to two choices, he can forgive her or he can divorce her. That's it. Abusing her is not an option, and emotional abuse is just as bad as physical abuse. I cannot condone what the husband did in the story, and because of that, I cannot sympathize. Not a five stars. 3 for good writing - 1 for the content = 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
BTB

That is me I enjoy BTB.

Real consequences for decisions.

That being said I appreciate that Ohio tells a story that has to make some sense beyond the RAAC crowd point of view for there to be a

reconciliation.

From my perspective he has written some great ones from that point view Also some ones where the character as portrayed would never reconcile and forced it to be a reconciliation anyway, Pretty much all with superior entertainment skills in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
To be fair

Preemptive strike is subjectively misleading. Too many masturbating another person with your breasts hanging out is plain cheating, so preemptive would be before that.

On the other hand it was stopped before penetration by penis although she was penetrated by his fingers.

But at least The MC was written as a person who would likely work to get his marriage back at the point it went to and probably would have rejected his wife totally if she had engaged in full completed adultery.

Good job finding an boundary and writing the story around it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good Story - Some Foolish Comments

The story is a *5, not unusual for an ohio story.

The commentator who observed that; the hubby probably wouldn't have forgiven her if she had "gone all the way" with the seducer is correct from my own personal experience.

Many years ago my wife and a coworker had a "halfway affair". She cried, apologized said it had not gone beyond the petting stage? After I beat the shit out of the seducer to confirm the details I forgave my wife because I WANTED to forgive her. If she had gone all the way with him it would have been a different story.

The pain of the betrayal subsides after awhile but the memory never does. We've had a long and successful marriage since then.

Forgiveness is Totally subjective and up to the betrayed individual.

There really are no "norms".

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
A 5* for emotional development.

The husband reminds me of a road repair foreman trying to get the job done the right way as quickly as possible; the wife could represent one of the stop/slow sign holders at the ends of the work zone; and the lover embodies the drivers who speed through the stop sign, ignoring laws and common sense in a rush to get where they are going. In this case, the sign holder got dinged but the road work got done and the driver lost his privileges. BTW, in Ohio, breaking the law in a work zone doubles the penalty.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
good story 5*

not sure about pre emptive though, far better story to have a confontation imediately, call her on it, let her know he knew.

not sure that a good fingering and tit sucking with lots of intimate kissing with her hand presumably with her engagement and wedding rings round his cock till he spurts all over the place makes her cheating any more forgivable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
whether or not...

...a husband can or will forgive his wife and reconcile after she has cheated is up to him.

Make no mistake though, she flat out cheated and betrayed her husband.

Bill Clinton's rationalization aside if blow jobs aren't sex the why are they called ORAL SEX..according to Willie anal sex isn't sex either...has to be penile vagina penetration.

The first lingering kiss is cheating....including under the mistletoe...goes to mens rea of spouse-that is to say intent

She makes it clear she intends to cheat...that she stopped

before his penis entered her is irrelevant..

Actually a married female and mother sitting in a car with blouse and bra off being furiously fingered is as despicable and tawdry behavior as there is. To be eagerly stroking and pulling on lover's cock at same time is even more shameful if possible

Her descriptions of how dripping wet she was to her sister fully demonstrate how unfaithful she is.

Absent her husband stating he wanted out of marriage she would not have stopped

Nor did she enjoy how the other foot felt in the same shoe

As always Ohio's writing evokes strong emotions...would be great if he had time to write many more stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
An Affair Is Not A "Mistake"

The husband will relive her infidelity possibly forever. This was a planned, secretive affair, guaranteed to rip the heart out of the husband when, not if, discovered. Now in the months, and possibly even years to come, the pain of her betrayal will revisit him in quiet moments at work or as he motors to or from work or as they lay in bed making love. It could be triggered by a random statement about someone going through a similar marriage-crushing situation. Will he ever completely trust her again. No. Trust is like virginity...once pricked, it is gone forever.

ilimitadoilimitadoover 6 years ago
Damn Good Story 5*

Really good, I liked it a lot; I am an optimistic,,,happy ending guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
grear story 5 stars!

Wish we could get more like this Characters felt real Very balanced story Thanks for your work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous