All Comments on 'Pretending Ch. 02'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
MORE, PLEASE!

Love the story and the characters. Extremely well written! Would love to see how their relationship develops! :)

markellymarkellyalmost 15 years ago
Fantastic..

You have me hooked on this story... Well put together and a great read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
One of the very best

Lovely story very tender and caring, but I feel it's about run its' course and had a lovely ending, don't spoil it.

Hermann Littmann

FrauenverehrerFrauenverehreralmost 15 years ago
Awesome.

I think Penn Lady is just getting better and better. And more and more people are beginning to see, just how good she really is. I have seldom read anything like this on Literotica, its just fantastic!

MugsyBMugsyBalmost 15 years ago
So good

Perfect conclusion. Although I wouldn't mind seeing more of these two. They are a sweet couple and its so nice to read something so genuine and heartfelt. A plus, PennLady!!

AnnOnymousFantasiaAnnOnymousFantasiaover 14 years ago
Nice story

However, this chapter really confused me. At the beginning, Thanksgiving dinner is over, Ben and Sophia go home, and the ladies go visit the Fishburns (which, IMO seemed unnecessary - there are easier ways to get the sisters alone for a chat without introducing new characters and irrelevant details). Then, suddenly the family, Ben included, is having pie. While the storyline was good, the timeline and plot devices of this chapter could use some reviewing.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 14 years ago
All the comforts and discomforts

of normal human relations. And such beautiful moving sex to complete it! Thank you so much.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 14 years ago
Outstanding!!!

Very sweet story and also a very well written story. Thank you for your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great!

Great story!

sprezzaturasprezzaturaabout 14 years ago
Beautiful...

...I was going to write "conclusion," but I don't want it to be over! That very ending bit with the bad dream seems a bit like a cliffhanger leading into another chapter. But I really enjoyed what you did here and how you showed the relationships between the family members and especially the misguided "advice." At least it got Simon to finally admit his feelings to her. I found it hard to believe the two of them wouldn't instinctively know how the other felt after their first night sleeping in the same bed. I'm just glad it all worked out and Connie got a man who could help her through her post-traumatic stress. The tenderness between them really made my heart swell, so well written!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
So sweet....

So sweet....I want more. I want Connie to put her mother in her place Shame on Lydia!

isis91isis91almost 14 years ago

loved Simon and Connie - I did agree w. another reviewer, I want Connie to let her mom have it because I think thats all she would hear. ....btw you wouldn't have Simon hidden away somewhere would you ;)

sexydad50sexydad50over 13 years ago
I will have to read

I will have to read more of your stories if they are half as good as this one. Well done and beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Aaaaw

I thought I was a strong and stoic man but your story has left me as a blubbering man-baby. That ending is just too cute...

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
You never cease to amaze me!

I've read almost every story you have and I have to say, you get better and better with each story! I wish I could write characters and storylines like that. I'm truly envious. Amazing, as ever!!!!

donaldedonaldeabout 12 years ago
fabilous story

What a sweet romantic tale very enjoyable and well written. It always brighten my day to find out you have posted another story (somehow i seemed to miss this one) so please post again as soon as you can

cocputcocputabout 12 years ago
among the best

You captured their uneasiness very well.

erktecerktecover 11 years ago
Another masterpiece...

beautiful!!! After reading Kigs Bay this morning, I had to read more, and I was richly rewarded,,,, now on to the next..

StoryTeller2002StoryTeller2002about 11 years ago
Beautiful

So beautiful I almost cried. It's like I felt what Connie felt :')

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Beautiful

I loved this. Absolutely beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

i would want lydia to pay for what se said to connie. Its no way to treat your child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful and So Human.

The way the two of them were worried about messing up their friendship if they tried to make a romance happen is, sadly, all too realistic for real friends of the opposite sex. Remember Billy Crystal's line from "When Harry Met Sally"? What do you do if he wants to and it turns out she doesn't? Or if she wants a commitment and he's ready for sex, but he's not sure about exclusively. He's frustrated or she's emotionally crushed. It's always a risk.

As for Lydia, I had a mother with some of the same tendencies. After decades of dealing with her as she tried to push me into ambitious plans to take my career and personal life where she thought they should go, I finally "Zen'ed" out somewhat when I realized two things:

First, since she KNEW she was the parent, and obviously older and wiser than I; she would NEVER really admit to being wrong. So I could sigh, nod and change the subject, or I could launch a righteous string of logical assertions of my independence and beliefs that she would semi-agree with; and she would go right back to her position as soon as I ran out of steam. Spitting into the wind would have been more productive.

Secondly, my mother WAS in fact, absolutely convinced that she was doing what she was doing for my own good; and I also knew that she would literally die for me, she loved me so much. So a rational person finally has to ask if the argument is really worth it, when this person has, in fact, given up thousands of things in their life for you, and all you could really accomplish is putting up a wall between you and them. And they'll just stand there, suffering in silence (almost) until YOU decide to make peace in the family and take it down.

Sometimes even fighting the right battle is pointless when it won't affect the war one damn bit.

Wisdom in the Serenity Prayer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

wonderful, heart moving

smc331smc331over 10 years ago
Beautiful

How often we concern ourselves with "flaws" that aren't...wonderful, loving story.

tompo296tompo296about 10 years ago
Absolutely Fabulous

What more is there to be said?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I agree, outstanding

Very believable, great development.

romance4meromance4mealmost 10 years ago
Absolutely amazing...

Such a beautiful, touching story. I'm going to have to carve out some time to read your other works.

SirBigfootSirBigfootover 8 years ago
Great

I loved this series, I know you havent posted much in the last few years, but I would love to see another/final chapter here. I think they both deserve it.

SirBigfoot

J_RReaderJ_RReaderabout 8 years ago
So real

Such woderfully believable charicters, from near the start I was wanting them to get together, Connies scars that form a big part of her view of herself are verry prominent and you do a lovelly description of the battle both of them fight to get past them.

I am glad you found a happy ending for them, ok so I am a sucker for a happy end.

I loved it and have reread quite a few times, thankyou.

Johnny0432Johnny0432about 7 years ago
I just had to read it again

One of my all time favorites and definitely a favorite author. Thank you so much PennLady!

Johnny

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Simply outstanding

Great character development. Good tension and conflict. Realistic storyline. Heartfelt and raw.

TrtrolesTrtrolesalmost 7 years ago
beautiful

verry nice story.

Thank you.

TechpillTechpillover 6 years ago

Grate story it a was a nice to read

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved the story, but have a question.

I have read so many stories by various Lit authors and others where somehow the thought is that best friends are afraid to admit love for one another because it will mess up the friendship. I have been married to my wife for over 45 years. In my opinion, if a couple are not friends first of all, they probably are not in love, and lust won't last. By the time two people marry, they need to be best friends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
"God, we're a couple of idiots, aren't we?"

Well, duh. In a lot of ways this is a very good story, but their blindness to each other's feelings is way overdone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Connie should cut off her mom, she’s a malignant narcissist

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Pretending Ch. 01 Previous Part
Pretending Series Info