All Comments on 'Private Eyes'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
The best line was the reference to Mrs Tom Brady....

...the rest was all over the place but fun as always. I wish you had stuck with first person only from Sarahs perspective. Chris of course acted like he never had grown past his 6 year old crush.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
very good

I like a Loving Wife story that has a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
no, no, no ...

... the best line was the Dos Equis line from the Most Interesting Man In The World ad, just the greatest commercial ever made. That was laugh out loud funny. The whole story was a hoot from start to finish. Easily, StangStar's best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Good story Would like to see if

You would do a part 2 of this story.

I love waking up before working the Midnight shift on Thursday and just seeing your work on here :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Try StangStar for Crimes against Humanity!

By far his best story, except for the repeated use of Hall & Oates lyrics! Nice work regardless...

SoCalCynic,

first car: 1968 GT/CS

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 13 years ago
Another

Good Story by a Good Writer I like the way you lead a merry chase.

it was nice the way he took care of his Ex-wife.

and appropriate the way she took care of herself.

Mandy01Mandy01almost 13 years ago
Woow!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting pretty tired of punching that number 5 star. Sheeesh, can you get any better??? Don't answer that, I get jealous real easy...lol

Stang! You rule the roost, man. I thoroughly enjoyed every word. You certainly have a talent and to be able to put them out one a week for so many weeks, is beyond me.

Keep’em coming and I’ll keep readin’em

Amanda

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Truly a refreshing and gifted author.

So invigorating to come across your stories! Almost every person posting to Loving Wives are pathetic losers..you are a wonderful exception! Your stories are original and not the cookie cutter norm posted here. Keep it up.

Oh, yeah, I "order" you to write a sequel (please).

Six stars.

MIK3LMIK3Lalmost 13 years ago

Week after week you come through with a great story and tongue in cheek humor. Thanks and keep it up.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
as a former lisc Private Investigator ..let me say.. BULLY!!!!!

this was really really good. Like wow good. I agree with may have been the best story you have every here.

As I think I have made clear for me Motivations and consistency as a BIIIIIIG deal. This trait comes from my former career.

This is why I hate Matt Moreau and most of JPB stories so much. Typically in their stories the husband gets enraged and furious... the wife says she wont stop... so he leaves...then he comes back and says to the wife 'well you can still fuck other men if you want to' and we get no explaantion of How the husband makes that sort of amazing leap.

Its not the story its the leaps in motivations and inconsistencies in character.

In this wonderful story we dont have that problem. Halfway into the story I was getting a little pissed that Chris could be this much of a Boy scout... but the background

provided about the relationship between Chris and Helen (kid older babby sitetr) really made clear his motivations. Its not that Chris was so much of a boy scout per se... it was that the entire relationship from the get go with helen was abnormal.

The development of Sarah was EXTREMELY well done and I have known several women like that.

Damn nice story kid. It was in every sense of thee word BULLY.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Missuse

Can writers NEVER proof read their stories, before hitting enter?The use of "party" when it should have been "part" was one of the least distracting uses? of words in this story.Had to skip to the end and was glad it was only 5 pages to get to the end. Try really try to get your proof reading skills honed, or at least allow someone to do it for you?

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Really enjoyable story

The Anon just below is the kind of person who puts ground glass into Dos Esquis.

The funny thing is that I have a hard time believing his quick turnover with respect to Sarah. Like Sarah my feeling was that he would always identify her with terrible pain.

Once I suspend that bit of disbelief, it is a great story.

curioussscuriousssalmost 13 years ago
Fun? - yeah!

Entertaining? - Hell yeah!

Realistic? - Enough to count.

Part 2? - Not needed.

I loved the humor with a side of pathos.

A faithful, loving, boy scout with newly-opened eyes and a weary cynic without a 3-legged cat won over by love - quite a combination. I really enjoyed her protection racket with all the twists and humor in her manipulation of evidence. I agree that his conversion to Sarah was a little sudden, but remember hed been screwed over by his sweetheart from childhood and a couple of other skanks since his divorce. Then to find he had unknowingly had a guardian angel instead of a nosy investigator - well, sounds like an epiphany to me.

A great story SS06 - you have a very fertile imagination. Please dont put yourself down by references to other authors allegedly superior talents. Sure they are talented but so are you. You are your own person and use your own inimitable style - no plagiarism here.

I look forward to Thursdays like so many others.

Thanks for another 5-star read.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 13 years ago
You are right, this was a fun story.....

It seems that everyone got theirs in the end. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Not the author's best work

On the one hand, the story was technically well-written, and it was good to see Chris not allow his wife to get away with adultery.

However, his getting together with Sarah at the end seems wrong on a number of levels.

Firstly, the turnaround from (1) him resenting, if not hating, Sarah for her "help(ing) to ruin (his) life" to (2) him falling in love with her after one talk with her friends/co-workers, was rushed and lacked credibility.

Secondly, for a man who one would expect to have severe trust issues given the infidelity of his wife and the waitress girlfriend, he seems to have accepted Sarah without dealing with the fact that she has been dishonest and manipulative towards him, if not downright creepy.

When Chris first met Sarah, she was dishonest towards him by pretending to be a fellow convention attendee when in fact she was there to spy on him. She also lied about Darryl being her husband.

Sure, she was "on the job" and couldn't break her cover, but it certaintly couldn't leave Chris with any confidence that Sarah would be honest with him at all times. As the story shows, Sarah lied and deceived (both positively and by omission) whenever it suited her convenience.

Furthermore, at one point early in the story Sarah was planning on seducing Chris if there was no other way to get her "target" and get paid (although there's a suggestion she might not have gone all the way, it hardly engenders confidence in her sexual morality), and she was complicit in trying to set him up with prostitutes (sure, she had some ethical reservations about it, but not really).

Then, after they break up, Sarah keeps him under surveillance to the extent where it's not an exaggeration to call her a stalker. She keeps tabs on his divorce and later relationship, spies on him, uses a bug or tracking software in his phone to hunt him down (the word "hunt" is hers - see the last paragraph), illegally monitors his credit card, starts wearing disguises so she can keep an eye on him from up close, and then she intercepts and destroys the wife's final note to him. (While I wasn't sad to see the wife's passing, just who did Sarah think she was [at that time] to have the right to decide whether Chris was or was not allowed to read the wife's note?)

Plus, Sarah was punched to the ground the blonde at the convention because the blonde made fun of her failure at the convention.

Sarah qualifies as a deceitful manipulating psycho stalker - exactly the type of woman he doesn't need after his divorce and the break-up with the waitress girlfriend.

Now, it would seem that Chris didn't know the full extent of what Sarah had been up to (again, Sarah was hardly brimming with honesty, now was she?). However, between what Chris learned at the end of the convention, and Chris' conversation near the end with Arturo and Darryl, he knew that she had been dishonest with him from the start and been following him around in disguise for over a year.

Then after this one talk with Darryl and Arturo along the lines of "She's in love with you man... she's been watching over you this whole time" (the message Chris should be getting is "Watch out - this woman is obsessed"), he's ready to start a romance with her?

How does this have any credibility?

Advice to Chris: Go to the police to have this psycho arrested and/or run for your life.

StangStar06, you are such a good author and I normally look forward to your stories each week, but this one really doesn't match up to your earlier efforts.

Woodwalker17Woodwalker17almost 13 years ago

Once again you hit a homer,, I have come to look forward to each new story from you , this was a good theme & as you said humorous . Didnt really expect the ending of the wife but was what one would call ironic justice keep them coming please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

It was well written and it was good to see Chris end the marriage. But everything else was pretty well, predictable.

Most, if not all, of your stories introduces a female character who "saves" the victim from his cheating wife. I knew from Page 1 that Sarah was going to end up with Chris, it's just how your stories go.

My problem is Sarah wasn't really a likable character. She was maniuplative and downright creepy. She had Carla call and give Helen "advice" because like I said, she had to save him. Yeah Helen may not have been worth the settlement he was offereing but what business is it of hers? Helen has a mental break and kills herself and Sarah destroys her suicide note. Once under the guise of "saving him". Have to wonder if he can even wipe his own ass without her assistance.

She is planning on going over personnel files on her day off to find Chris a woman. WHAT?! And she said Helen was crazy! But that's okay all it takes is a few words from her co-workers (who are not biased in the least) and it's all hearts and flowers. Total gloss over the fact that she has basically stalked him and is obsessed.

So did Chris really win? Seems he rid himself of one maniuplative bitch for another.

estragonestragonalmost 13 years ago
Definitely Needs a Good Copy Editor

Writers, for the most part, aren't editors. Nor should they be. Do racing drivers know how to rebuild the engine in their cars? Should they have to? Neither can the mechanics who can rebuild engines necessarily drive the car whose engine they rebuild as the racing driver can. Some can do both--very very few. And it's wrong to insist that a driver rebuild the engine.

That's where the Union of Concerned Quibblers comes in. I can't write a StangStar story--I wouldn't even try. But I will send quibbles via "Send Feedback."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
weak, but ok

the story was ok, but the plotting was very rushed.

i mean this PI who responsible for his finding out about his marriage and the divorce, who stalked him - suddenly after 1 meet with her friends he WANTS to be with her without anything about trust issues??

that was just too lame. it should have taken much longer if it happens.

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
Wow!

Great fun! A wonderful ride through the esses and down the backstretch. Thanks. I was having a slow morning and reading this enlivened my morning. Thank you!

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyalmost 13 years ago
Great fun!

You rock Ponyman! It's good to find a writer that doesn't take themselves seriously and can turn out entertaining work. If I wanted doom, gloom & reality I would watch the news.

The various references were fun and nicely added to the nonsensical tone.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Your Stories Roar like a Stang

I like your stories and I like your theme. I hate people who cheat and have no respect for wimps and cuckolds. Loving relationships are based on honesty, trust, respect and communications. Without those you have sh**!! Keep up the good work and never become a wimp!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
awww

nice story w/ a cherry on top.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
it was ok

it actualy reminded me of one of mandy01's, that damn dog,so i wasnt as impressed as i normaly am with your work.

i prefer mandy's take on the predator lady pi tbh.

tazz317tazz317almost 13 years ago
NUEVO PROLIFIC

SINCE 7/26/10 YOU HAVE PUBLISHED SEVERAL STORIES. MOST OF THESE HAVE GOOD STORY LINES AND PLOTS. ALMOST ALL AUTHORS HAVE SOME TYPOS, GAFFES AND OVERLOOKED SENTENCES. YOU HAVE PROMISE AND SHOWED THE ABILITY TO BECOME AN AUTHOR FOR ALL READERS. CONTINUE ON AND GOOD LUCK. TK U MLJ LV NV

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 13 years ago
As much fun as I did reading it.

Stang,

Thanks for sharing on Lit!

x

victoriangentvictoriangentalmost 13 years ago
Most improved writer

I have to say that your stories and your writing is most entertaining. I appreciate your time and effort and most of all I appreciate you sharing them with us.

Now, if I could just get you to see the light that Mustangs are not the only muscle car. I have a 1971 Chevelle SS 454 LS5 that I feed a pony to every now and again just to keep it healthy.

A jest in fun, my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I love a parade

just not an endless parade of cliches. He loved her since he was six? WTF! She's cheating but is "convinced" he is - really? And then she suicides out - c'mon. And what's with the ridiculous crutch or announcing whose POV we're about to read? What's up with that?

He (or you) must've had to siphon gas for the good old 'stang once too often. Definitely brain cell deficient.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 13 years ago

While I think this is a good story, the Sarah character IS a bit creepy and manipulative.

Lied to Chris from the start, pretty much set him up with hookers, and stalked him for a year. Not to mention destroying the suicide note and finding him a woman? Who died and made her god?

It would've been nice if Chris had, once they actually met again, demanded Sarah tell EVERYTHING she had done. No lies, no lies by omission, no covering up. Her friends had SAID she'd stalked him for a year, so...Chris is a fool to just trust her like that.

What I sorely missed was revenge against that Robert guy. He gets off scotfree! WTF!

If Sarah went so far to destroy Helen, why not anonymously deliver those same pictures to Robert's wife?

Now that I mention it, what the heck is with Helen's obsession with Robert? I get that she likes being "taken". It excites her. But from the first scene with her and Robert, it's clear from her thoughts that she hates doing some of the stuff he does to her. Yet she still complies. Why does she do it if it is NOT sexually exciting to her? Weird...

And after re-reading, why does Helen abruptly spill the beans to a "matronly Hispanic woman" whom she doesn't know, at all? Weird again...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
It had some flaws, but was a really fun read

Yes--I didn't have time to read it in one sitting, but found it quite satisfying. Thanks

livnthechilifelivnthechilifealmost 13 years ago
Happy Stangday!

Just awesome, which seems to be my favorite word in relation to your stories. Too bad Helen killed herself, watching Chris move on would have killed her. BTW, what an unique way to commit suicide. It would have been great for Sarah to take revenge on Robert. Oh well, great story nonetheless. Until next time.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 13 years ago
It was a fun read

I'm glad you put the disclaimer at the beginning because it put me in the proper frame of mind. Chris, Sarah, and Helen are all very screwed up people. Chris has a crush on his babysitter and carries it through to marriage and even into an abusive situation. Helen had a great guy but needs to have someone abuse her. Sarah is obsessive. I actually felt sorry for Helen who is summarily executed. BUT I enjoyed the overall quirky story and people. And Harry is right, the characters acted in accordance with their own strange behavior patterns which are clearly explained to the reader. Nice work.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 13 years ago
Just a few thoughts . . .

I agree with others in saying that despite a few errors, this author's writing has definitely improved a lot over the past few months. In addition, I feel this story was fairly original, which is difficult considering just how many permutations of cheating wives and their partners' reactions have been posted over the years.

That said, I think (as do other readers) that Chris' reaction to Sarah was not very believable. I could see him getting involved with someone eventually, once the hurt from his failed marriage faded, but Sarah? Just because she's smitten with him does not mean he would behave any differently towards her than he behaved towards the other women who have continually thrown themselves at him (i.e., he politely excused himself and left the scene).

I realize he is no longer married, and it's OK to sit and talk with a strange woman who seems interested in him. But regarding Sarah, finding out she repeatedly lied to him (about being married to Darryl, about what she was up to, and so forth), I seriously doubt he would just jump in and do a 10 minute lip-lock with her in a bar, restaurant, or whatever. One other weakness . . . we never learned in the story just how Chris learned his martial arts skills (noticeable when he moves or walks, not just the way he handles a violent attacker).

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 13 years ago
Five Stars...even if you were just having fun with us!

Ricky and Lucy Riccardo, no less, that is damned near shameless! Great fun read!

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
What a prolific author!

Earlier today I checked for recent stories of yours and found three new ones. Wow!!

Although a fun read, the one inconsistency that troubled me was that apparently Chris knew about his wife's previous behavior where she went back and fucked the guy that almost raped her and then allowed herself to be passed around to his friends after he dumped her. How could that not have impacted his trust? I know we're all basically clueless but I thought Chris kind of took the cake here. <smile>

But, hey, when I check again in a few weeks, I hope to find three or four more of your stories! You are not far, if any, from being in the class of Rehnquist, Ohio, etc. I really really enjoy your writing. Thanks!

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsalmost 13 years ago
You Know...

...the decimal system starts with '5'!!!

Everyone beat me to it...great read, somewhat realistic and a romantic ending - how sweet is that!

Every time I think I know what you are going to write next - you don't and every time I'm sure of where you are headed - well???

Some wife, and then she lets herself and their house go - what an idiot.

Anyway, everyone beat me to all the right compliments so...thanks for another great one!!

chytownchytownalmost 13 years ago
Silly Ass Story!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for a great read. This was a fun entertaining walk down memory-lane etc, and all that other good stuff. Thanks

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
An enjoyable read

A fast moving story with a few bumps, but still a good story.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
What a fun read!

Outstanding!

livnthechilifelivnthechilifealmost 13 years ago
p.s.

Can someone explain the "Mrs Tom Brady" reference? I missed it somehow. No, the truth is I'm not familiar with his wife, just his baby mama. Any help is greatly appreciated.

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 13 years ago
You, My Friend, Are . . .

1. Easily the most prolific author of original stories in this genre. Sure, JPB may publish more stories here, but your's are consistently original takes on old themes. Hard to do. Damned hard.

2. As noted above, far and away the most improved author. You've so clearly put in hard work honing your skills, and it shows. Thanks for the kind words re my dialogue in your intro, but I think you should give yourself more credit. Your stories--dialogue included--are very well crafted and well written. That wasn't necessarily the case with your earlier stories, but it's certainly the case now.

3. Just fucking creepy sometimes. In stories past, we've had the little psycho daughter manipulating everyone, people dying from fright (Boo!), and on and on and on. The above commenter had it right: They are all quirky characters in quirky stories, and that makes them entertaining. Still--and this is NOT criticism; it's praise--a deeper look at the characters reveals they are frequently just plain scarey.

So what was scarey here? Helen, for one. I didn't view her as a villain; I saw her as a pathetic woman with crippling issues. She went back to a boyfriend who tried to rape her, then allowed that boyfriend to pass her around? She stayed with Robert, who only enjoyed punishing anal sex, which she didn't even enjoy? She went loony, and eventually killed herself in an incredibly grisly manner? She certainly wasn't the typical gangbang slut who did this out of disrespect for her husband. Instead, it was out of disrespect for herself. Based on what you wrote, it makes one wonder if she was severely abused as a child and into adolescence. Either way, a pretty pathetic woman who never should've been married in the first place.

Then you have Chris, who's actually pretty weird himself. Carrying a torch of single-minded focus for your babysitter from age 6 onward to your late 20s is . . . well, Oedipus comes to mind.

And as for our intrepid private eye? I agree with many of the above comments: If I'd been Chris, I'd have been even more pissed off once I found out she was still shadowing me and giving me the scoop on everyone I dated and trying to set me up with Miss Perfect. Stalking comes to mind.

Still, from these very strange characters, you wove an entertaining yarn that was coherent, cohesive, and led to its (mostly) logical conclusion.

So yet again, Bravo!

ohioohioalmost 13 years ago
Up to your high standards.

I don't feel like offering the detailed critique of plausibility etc. that many commenters have already given you. It's enough to say that your stories are a lot of fun, very entertaining and engaging, and that we're all enjoying them.

So please keep it up!

Thanks, ohio

zed0zed0almost 13 years ago
Great Story and A FUN Read!

Just goes to show ya, it's better to have a conniving bitch with you, rather than against you and Chris was caught between both. My only (minor) criticisms are naming sub characters after real people, I know it's fun for the writer, but it's distracting to the reader. Personally I find that naming minor charters after objects is even more fun to write, I once wrote a short story where the responding officers were named Whelan Responder and Becon, and the coroner was Dr. Corpuscle. I laughed for many minutes, but nobody else did. It made a bad story worse by introducing a "stupid" factor. My other complaint is shifting first person amongst your characters, it just felt awkward to me every time the chapter changed, and I'm not sure why. It would have been smoother to have omnipotent narration for your chapters that weren't from Sarah's point of view.

demantoiddemantoidalmost 13 years ago
I am so angry and upset!

That damn song is STUCK in my head. Further, That silly MTV video of Hall and Oates playing detectives has now laid mental eggs in my brain. The horror! The horror! You are evil StangStar. Loved all the femmes in this story...all Maneaters! Wish I could criticize any of your stories, but "no can do". As usual, thank you.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago
Helen was ill

I think Helen had deep depression and the fisicians started giving the modern antidepessing medicins too late. It was a medical mistake, she should not have died.

Btw this story is excellent mainly when the Arizonian woman got her rout from Chris by assisting the fotos.

IrfonIrfonalmost 13 years ago
Good story.

Surprisingly,I enjoyed this one - Thanks !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Yes!

You killed off the bitch in this one. Very nice. Very nice indeed.

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
I'm surprised

I liked this one more then I expected. A bit dark but you tend in that direction anyway and there is nothing wrong with that.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 13 years ago
Great Story

Cute, it's a little distracting though when you keep slipping in names of famous or known people as your characters. I'm not a writer but when you change point of view like going to Sarah's story from Chris's I think it would help if you would put the person's name in bold print so the reader just doesn't skip over it becoming confused and finally figuring it out halfway through the first paragraph. That could just be me, though. I really do enjoy reading stories written in that style even though I read some people say that writing style isn't preferred. I actually felt sorry for Helen and was sad when she took her own life. However, I found it more disturbing that people were actually happy when she was killed but I realize that just like Helen they can't help who they are, either. When are people going to realize that we really don't have free will. Every decision you make is determined by the sum of your experiences and the cooresponding conditioning of your hormones. Just like your likes and dislikes or the type of people you find attractive. People sure are uneducated when it comes to behavior (notice I didn't say dumb). All in all I really enjoyed this story but then I enjoy most of your stories. Please continue, if you stop I may have to buy a television. And last but not least, I'm really surprised you didn't spell Sarah, S-a-r-a because she's so pretty when she smiles. Well, until John Barleycorn died hauling oats to the mill. Thank you, your stories always seem to take me back.

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
Wonderful,just simply wonderful !

Stang,you are one of very few Authors where I read every word with relish no matter how long the story and pressing back button with a smile on my face. (pretty rare reading Lit) I thank you for this enjoyment.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago
Arizona, Arizona.....

Here I read same comments about Chrish and Sarah... I think Sarah was not manipulative, because she did not jump on Chris at once. Chris next girlfriend was a girl from Arizona! When Sharah found evidence for her infedility Sarah became the true!!!! Everybody forget this step!!!!

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
The name StangStar06 say it all.........

another 20 star hit.....

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Sarah Rcks -

She is the girl we all want - honest, with integrity, honor and compassion. She is a bit hard-boiled but her life would do that to her. Most importantly she is unselfish and put Chris and his needs before herself, the sign of real love for another.

I liked the full story a lot - some spots particularly Helen and her reality sucked (not the writing the character)and of course Robert gives all of us a bad name.

Thanks for a good read -

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Which of course

is never told. Where is the rest of the story?

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
A true mix of characters

Your characters are like a well tossed salad. Each character had their own strengths and weaknesses (some like Robert almost all weakness) yet when put together made a well written, compelling story.

Good job, SS. Take another ride in your pony to savor another story well done.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20almost 11 years ago

Stories that don't relate to real life sometimes just make you feel good. Thanks for the feeling.

theanalisttheanalistalmost 11 years ago
btb

should have burned the bitch Helen instead of instant death. Nevertheless a really good read. salute ss06

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
Poor Chris

In this one I was actually hoping Chris ended up with none of the women in the story. Not one of them were likeable. Sarah was just as devious and conniving as the women she loathed. The only difference was that the others were at least honest with themselves. Sarah saw all men as cheaters and all women as skanks. She would throw herself at a victim/target and fuck him up, all for a paycheck. There's a name for that: Whore! She took great pleasure in breaking up couples and destroying marriages, even if none of them were guilty. If a man was innocent, them invent evidence, of keep throwing woman after woman at him until something gives. Her attitude was: "if you're not a cheater, then I wont quit until you do, just so I can say I told you so". Sometimes being a bachelor isn't always a bad thing!

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuover 10 years ago
what bout the asshole

Helen got what she deserved but the dick Robert got off scott free

FiftyshadesofmeFiftyshadesofmeover 10 years ago
:)

I think it was one of my favorites. Sarah's stalking behavior really bugged me though. Would've served her right if she'd had to watch him live happily ever after with someone he chose for himself. Hahahahahaha.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
"Love?"

Okay, I've said before that I don't get why women who like a little rough sex don't just ask their husbands for it rather than cheat, but for the sake of discussion I'll give Helen a pass on that.

But, if she loves her husband and how he treats her as she says she does, why does she treat him like shit?

And, BTW, if they weren't planning on kids yet, wasn't she on the pill? So how did she get pregnant?

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Inconsistent

Helen:

"In fact all of my plans were centered around, Robert and I both getting divorced and moving in together to raise our baby"

"Robert was never supposed to be a replacement for Chris. He was supposed to supplement him"

Well, which is it? Helen and Robert divorcing and moving in together, or Robert not supposed to replace Chris?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Rubbish

Predictable ending.

1*

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

The second reading is just a good as the first. Thanks, SS6. Cheers!

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 9 years ago
Please more Sarah and Chris! Pretty please.

This was one of my favorites, thank you Stang! Well done sir! As asked in title more on these two, please, please, please. :)

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago
Fatal Attraction?

I have to say that if a woman spent that amount of time following me and investigating women I came into contact with as Sarah did, I'd be more than a little worried.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Problem with the app version of this story

The app version of this story is truncated to the the intro page - the actual story is missing

TlailaxuTlailaxualmost 8 years ago
...this is one disturbing story

As much as its meant to look like a love story, it looks more like some TWISTED FANTASY of psychopath in woman's body that is man hating obsessive maniac. I mean, it says clearly in a story that she dismissed any male gender representative as inherently unfaithful, cheating bastard. She then states clearly that in doing her job as PI she has on numerous occasions overstepped legal boundaries and they could be actually prosecuted for fraud as setting up someone to cheat is a fraud, a person lured into that kind of scheme, if under 'normal' circumstances would not get involved in that kind activity, can not be held accountable, those that set him up MUST be.

Furthermore, she proceeds to fuck up his life and influence and manipulate him into or out of possible relationships with ANY women because she is obsessed and infatuated with him.

Just curious, how does she not get arrested for assaulting that blonde sales representative? Oh I punched her because she dare to claim she's going to fuck him? So what? It's still illegal, and freedom of speech is not.

With all due respect and recognition that some of your stories are truly one of my all time favourites of loving wife's genre, this particular one is poorly written, and even as far as fiction goes should not have been published simply down to the fact that it is not even average in any standards.

If it is to be read you need to warn your readers beforehand that this is more of a fantasy rather than a story based on real world laws and logics.

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Can't help it Stang...I do like your work. Wish I could do as well

5*

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
It's tough to like these people

Helen was a foul, unstable, cheat. Daryl was without honour or ethics. Sarah was an obsessed and troubled stalker. and Chris was a naïve, gullible, simpleton.

And his beloved 06 didn't get the starring role it deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Uh, well, where's the erotica?

Does this story have a plot? Does it have any memorable—or even interesting dialog?

The characters are really blah, in that no one is witty, clever, or particularly aware of what the other characters are doing. The women ought to wear name tags. And the sex? Oh, the sex! What this work. has to do with sex is really unclear. What it has to do with 'literature' is absolutely opaque. I wish you luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yip

Total rubbish

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What Karen E said

btw I like your reviews. Yours are one of the few actually making sense.

KalamainKalamainover 6 years ago
Issues.

For some strange reason I simply can't get this story to load in the app on my phone and reading it on a computer monitor hurts my eyes. B-(

I guess I'll have to bypass this one. Sorry, lad.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 6 years ago
Really enjoyable read

My only gripe was the suicide of Helen. This was unnecessary to the story and out of character. She would in fact have merely gone on to the next guy to manipulate. The POV changes were well-managed. I was kept on board till the end even though I guessed there would be something like this with Chris at the end.... great fun.

Importantly the author said at the start how he had enjoyed writing this. I'm sure that is a good measure too.

PapaMikePapaMikeabout 6 years ago
What a bunch

of twisted personalities. Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Enjoyable read. Gave it a high 5

Slang just can't help himself with those humorous one liners & play on words; that's missing from most stories in this category.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
IF YOU USE THE OLD ALLS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR

the ends justify the means,,,,,most of the time,,,,TK U MLJ LV NV

Njones53Njones53almost 4 years ago
A good read

Interesting take on the usual problem (cheating SO), realistic to a degree with enough over the top fiction and romance to create an enjoyable funny tale. No gratuitous sex, thank you.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Thought I’d read all of SS06’s stories. Guess I missed this one... and glad I caught it now.

This was SO different from other stories. Very interesting. So different I give it...

5-stars & Favorite.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Fabulous

Great story. Loved the ending. 5 stars.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
Really good story.....

And there was a Mustang. Annd…… NO JEEP. love your stories, man. Just glad there are enough good guys(and girls) around to watch over us dunces. 71/2 stars ,The Bear approves. Just upgrade to a 1966 Hi-Po 289 notchback for your next story.(old school)

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty Good Story

I liked it, even though it dragged a little bit at times. The thing I didn’t like about it was when Chris and Sarah finally got together. It seemed rushed, not well thought out, and completely unsatisfying as an ending to the story. I mean, she’s gonna have to do some fast talking to convince Chris to accept her at face value, and that would probably require another page of story. Which just isn’t there unless there’s another chapter. I’ll look, but if it’s not there I am going to be very disappointed.

Virgo6Virgo6about 3 years ago
Fun and entertaining

Loved the characters. I’ve looked for them in more of your stories, and so far only found them in a major role in one other.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Dont

Don't agree with her tearing Helen's note up.I think she was truly remorseful.Abetter course of action would have been for her to fuck Roberts life up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked the story a lot but I thought the end was very quick. Hope there is a follow up story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not your best

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing...

Brilliant!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fucking stalker gets the man?? WTF. I mean good on her that she got him to divorce the bitch but frankly speaking them ending up together is just ditching crazy for crazy.

LifeisadventureLifeisadventurealmost 2 years ago

Really liked the story & characters. However it was a little lazy on the ending. But that’s something that bothers me about a lot of even great writers & novelists. You’ve been good at completing many of your stories. It seems like so many writers put in the work on the characters, drawing readers into an exciting beginning, and developing an interesting story but get bored or impatient and just want to hurry up and end it. Still 5 stars

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Another great story but the ending was lacking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

SS06 must be on the favourites list for anyone who appreciates clever new approaches to the Romance theme. Always 5/5

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

Unlike some commenters, I think the ending was good. Don't need a detailed listing of their lives after the main story is over. Liked the way it was written from the different characters perspectives, made it easy to follow. Love makes people do strange things and Sarah keeping track of Chris was just her unspoken love for the guy and attempt correct the problems caused by the investigation and their interference. It was also her hope that he would meet someone good enough for him and forget the shitty wife and life he was handed. Well done.

newford9bnewford9b5 months ago

One of the better tales from one of the better authors on this site.

shaman43shaman432 months ago

Rereading this story reminds me why I miss this author so much. So much fun in reading this again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I love you 5 Stars on this one GW .. Keep up the good work

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous