All Comments on 'Q Without U'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 115 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 7 years ago
Clever

I wondered for a sec if he self medicated. Thanks for the story. *****

gmann57gmann57almost 7 years ago

I thought he did it himself all along but I bet he was bummed when he realized he been double dosed, Good job, great story

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Damn

Obviously U didn't think he would get a dose from the prick dr. so he was lucky to survive the double dose of Sulphur. And you know why the happy wife cheated on her husband? Because she could, the fucking cunt. The cheaters got what was coming to them. I hate them.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 7 years ago
I liked this one very much...

I liked this one very much...After some stories I didn't liked very much, @JimBob44 showed up with another very good story. The most interesting thing in this story, wasn't the cheating or the revenge, but mother and son relationship...4*

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 7 years ago
Couldn't tie Lothario doctor to Whipping Post.

So husband did next best thing, yessuh ! Jimbob44 was just having fun with this story. No fictional kids consigned to single parent homes. Greg Allman ( Dec. 07,1947-May27, 2017 self-confessed to being no angel, neither was Ulysses. They won't catch him or the midnight rider.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

"I love him just as much, hell, I love him more than the first time I met him." – Yet, not only did you cheat on him, you want to KEEP your lover!

“But after Quinn testified, the Assistant district Attorney also slapped perjury charges on Dr. Marcus Olsen.” – 1) It’s not perjury unless he said it under oath, and cutting deals usually happened BEFORE the trial; 2) It’s “He said/She said.”

Do juries decide on sentences?

Okay, I don't expect fair play from cheating spouses, but for her to get mad when he does EXACTLY what she's always asked for is particularly bitchy!

FD45FD45almost 7 years ago
Three Compliments and Three Critiques

Three Nice things

The story flowed reasonably well. You did a bunch of transitions but not recalling your other stories, this one was intelligible.

I liked the interaction between the mom and the son. A nice bit of characterization.

The scene about her butt was a nice complement to the story. You could have been a bit more subtle there, but it put a coda on what was happening.

Three Critique/Questions

Why do you hate pronouns (I, you, he she)? I would buy it if one character spoke this way. Not everyone speaks that way.

Why, if you constantly get critiques about too many names, do you feel it necessary to name every single person in the story? Trevor, Annie, Carter and the drug overdose people...none of them needed names.

If I could offer a suggestion, if someone isn't in at least two scenes, I would think twice about naming them unless (as I think you were trying here) you are trying to make them a sympathetic element.

So...I am supposed to believe that the Doctor and Ulysses both decided on the exact same medicine to give to him? Anabolic steroids? And what exactly were the janitors supposed to do? A felony for $25?

trashmantxtrashmantxalmost 7 years ago

Disclaimers: Yes, I need an Editor; no I do not want an Editor. Yes, there's too many people to keep track of. Yes, it jumps around too much. Yes it's too long. Yes it's too short. Yes it's in the wrong category. Yes, this is stupid shit, confusing shit. And, yes, I am barely literate, hardly legible. Honestly? Why even bother?

Despite your stated inadequacies, I enjoyed your story.

Fuck the rest of them mo-fo's

:)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Names

Speaking about names, we got the waitress Dawn Li, and the dancer Heather, but who the hell was Kirsten? Another dancer? The manager? The bartender? If you’re going to name her, identify her!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Louisiana?

Louisiana is a tag, but I don't see what Louisiana has to do with this story. Aside of some names that sort of sound Louisiana-ish and parishes this story could have taken place anywhere.

kimi1990kimi1990almost 7 years ago
Very nice story

It was a solid four stars, but lost one because of the usual "let's insult the reader's intelligence" author's note and afterward.

Wang4Wang4almost 7 years ago
Ok, Ii'm Crazy

I really enjoy your submissions! Your characters are both serious and humorous.

But then, I am crazy. Please keep writing and sharing

Ed

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 7 years ago
Super!

Thanks for sharing a great read.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 7 years ago
Strange but entertaining and almost funny story

Consequences are indeed a bitch. Bet the doctor will be popular in prison. Q will have difficulty finding another mate. As another mentioned, the dialogue with Ulysses' mother was indeed funny. Great entertainment.

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 7 years ago
great 5*

i do get confused with all the names in your stories but that probably says more about me than your writing.

javmor79javmor79almost 7 years ago
Loved it

Hilarious dialogue, great development, and interesting characters. The twist at the end was nicely executed. You gave strong indication of it in the beginning, diverted our attention away from it, and then gave it to us in the last paragraph.

5 stars from me for an excellently written and entertaining story.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Funny And Poignant

Nice job with the plotting and humor (especially the mothers), but I found Quinn's casual betrayal of Ulysses quite sad. Not nearly enough character development to help us understand how she could do that so easily -- and not just a one-time "mistake," but an ongoing fuck-fest with the predatory doc.

The part that really puzzled me was U's sudden appeal to the women at the Dead End. Where did that come from? He's the same pudgy guy he was before, right?

Thanks for this one! Keep 'em coming....

foolscapfoolscapalmost 7 years ago
God help me, I liked it.

It could have used references to gaspergou and Franks Red Hot sauce so that Sbrooks would recognize it as Louisiana. ;)

Thanks it was fun to read even if a little off beat and half a bubble off plumb.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 7 years ago
The mother

Katie is a great character. Excellent dialogue throughout. Not unexpected twist but very well done.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
Great story.

Wonder- and colourful characters and

one of the best "past" part I've ever read!

Hat's off to you JimBob!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 7 years ago
Great

One of your best efforts!

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years ago
Interesting read

So, he decided to poison himself, but the doctor had the same idea to poison him?

A good and satisfying read.

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 7 years ago
So - one of your better stories

Not too many characters to keep track of. Not too confusing. Fairly short. Just a couple of questions. The last paragraph felt like you threw it in as a twist. But the handsome Doctor Olsen has already gone to jail for the attempted murder, so that last bit seemed odd. Maybe I missed the point. Why wouldn't he at least talk to his wife? Why give up on their marriage without at least talking about the reasons why she had an affair? Never heard of marriage counseling down south? And then you threw him a bone - he has a three way with women clearly out of his league. That didn't seem to fit his character or the story. Anyway - entertaining story. Thanks for the effort.

bruce22bruce22almost 7 years ago
Lot of interesting fun here.

My overall reaction firmly agrees with Gator Hermit's observations. Keep turning out stories like this.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@foolscap

I know it was just a poke, but my point wasn't that I couldn't tell it was Louisiana; I could.

My point was that the story had nothing to do with Louisiana, so why the tag?

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopalmost 7 years ago
Love a good story

Great storyline, interesting and well written

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 7 years ago
Sulfur? Two quibbles.

Sulfur is an interesting thing as an allergen. It is an essential chemical in a number of human functions.

The last twist is kinda inconclusive. At first, I thought that specific beer he suggested Doc order was high in sulfur (like eggs ... amazing Mom didn't accidentally poison him with scrambled eggs when he was a kid.) Doc would have had just as much access to the store-room supplies as Hubby. But early on in the 'poisoning,' it was made clear that Hubby bit himself on purpose. Also, Doc has good reason to placate Hubby rather than try to off him!

Allergies are funny thing ... a person can go from non- or slightly reactive to a substance all the way to Adios Amigos from one contact to the very next! Hubby needs to keep that tactic to a minimum!

Always a good read, Boudreau!

c24jc24jalmost 7 years ago

Interesting story . . . though I'm not crazy about putting the cheater in jail. That all comes at a significant cost to the public, as well as the loss of a capable surgeon . . .not a dime a dozen . . . even if he was an asshole. So Ulysses' vengeance costs everybody. . . and the predator still wins from evil's standpoint, because the marriage was ended . . . U being too weak to overcome his bitterness and feeling the need to use public funds to complete his revenge.

U's attitude is such that his next long-termer will probably cheat on him too . . . and the next. It's unlikely that a decent, fair-minded woman will ever want to be with him.

Quinn will be the winner, eventually. She's better off without U. It may take her a while, but she'll find someone stronger and more loving than Ulysses . . . someone with integrity, who won't misuse public services. She'll be much more circumspect in her choices, and more loyal in her future, undoubtedly having learned from this.

Final life scores

-------

Evil -- 2 (breaks up marriage, negatively impacts public health and services)

Quinn -- 1.5 (out of bad marriage & will probably do better)

Ulysses -- minus 1.5 (becomes bitter, weak semi-criminal, & will probably do worse)

Marcus -- minus 2 (loses everything, maybe)

Public funds and health -- minus 2 (loses a capable surgeon, spends money prosecuting, housing, and feeding a man not guilty of the crime he is serving time for)

Evil wins, cheating wife takes second, Ulysses, Marcus, and the public all losers

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 7 years ago
waste of time and REALLY stupid

Any family especially southern family that thinks they are related to Robert E Lee would certainly not select the child's first name as Ulysses. This is just fucking ridiculous and moronic.

2nd - it's pretty obvious that Jim bob/ Ulysess diatribes about atheists and the significance of the early universe just proves that.

"Fourteen billion years ago, there was this cosmic gas that just kind of imploded and some of the gas cooled and some of it didn't and we just happen to be on a hunk of rock that has all the right conditions for water and air and trees and animals and people and... It's just too damned many coincidences for there not to be some divine guidance, you know? And if there's not some divine creator? Where did that cloud of cosmic gas come from? How did it get there"

The fact that Ulysses or the author Jim and bob does not know how the could got their 14 billion years ago does not prove the existence of god. The fact that Jim bob and this character Ulysses is ignorant about Astrophysics and cosmology does not prove the existence of god .

Case in point- .100 years ago we had no idea how hurricanes formed .. or why they intensified and fall apart as they do. The entire process was a complete mystery. Now we have almost complete insight into the formation intensification and development hurricanes.

It was NOT god 100 years ago and it's not God now.

cyferxcyferxalmost 7 years ago
Too baroque, yet slim on actual story

This is a very baroque story with detailed people and place names, and funky relationships which add little or nothing to the story (the mother-son relationship adds nothing to the story). It almost reads as a Twain-esque local color story. Despite the excessive concreteness of the characters and places, the story is pretty bare-bones. We get little of what is going through the wife's mind that causes her to cheat, nor do we get what is going on in the mind of the husband, or any of his emotional reaction, he has a plan so quick you would think he was planning for a long time what to do if he ever found semen in his wife's panties.

You should spend the time you take with the ambiance of the story and put it into the actual story. The husband acts with almost preternatural decisiveness. I figured he caused his own allergic reaction to frame the doctor, because who could be that quick to call 911 and secure the evidence while undergoing a severe allergic reaction? But then you fuddle that up with some sort of plan of the doctor to make hubby plaint. And you never say how that would work. How would giving someone sulphur-based steroids make them more susceptible? You have all this detail in the story, but you leave a major plot point out? You don't even tell us the name of the drug, but you do give us the names of the waitresses (there needed to be two?) including their ethnicity who have at best a very tangential relationship to the story? And if he was trying to persuade U, then why the cheaply purchased goons? What were they supposed to be doing? So, weirdly, we know the name of the banker who suggested quit-claiming the house to the mother in another pointless anecdote, Danny Scandurro (what a name!), but we don't know what the Doctor's plan to convince U was in the first place? And we have other wildly unrealistic things happening, like allergies to elements like Sulphur, which is the third most abundant mineral in our bodies after calcium and phosphorus, (maybe you mean Sulpha allergies?) and conflicting testimony alone resulting in perjury charges. If you spent as much time working the story plot and the facts essential to it as you do the useless background bric-a-brac (what does being an atheist have to do with the plot?) we would have a much better story.

This puts me at 3*, but then you have this stupid addendum in which you tell us what really happened in the story (U really did want to frame his adversary). Why wouldn't you have the story do that? Why are there "blank spots"? That is just plain insulting to the reader, so 2*.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
OK

"Just scroll down to the bottom and leave comments based solely on the Disclaimers."

Awesome disclaimers.

Now I'll go read the story.

chytownchytownalmost 7 years ago
Funny Story****

But a entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Yeah

it is a good story. Now I've got to go research the effects of sulphate anabolic steroids.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 7 years ago
Well that was a complete waste of time.

With no evidence to back up his allegation, Our hapless cuckold was able to convince a jury to convict the good doctor and a distraught adulterous wife contritely accepted her "just" rewards. How fucking predictable.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@HarryInVa Re: "God"

I'm with you! Officially I'm an atheist, but in my more pugnacious moments I say that I'm am "militant agnostic" - I don't know, and YOU don't either!

The randomness of nature doesn't prove God's existence, it proves the opposite! If you were going to design a solar system, why bother with Mercury and the gas giants and the outer planets?

Actually, it's kind of egotistical to think that God, with all that he/she/it has to do would create this special planet just for us! Except for the Creationists out there, why all the prehistoric life? Why not simply place all life as we know it?

As Harry said, just because we don't know or understand how the Universe started doesn't mean that "God" did it. Someone once said that a science far enough advanced would seem like magic. Imagine us back in 17th century Salem with our laptops; we'd probably be on trial for communing with the Devil!

lustfulyoungguylustfulyoungguyalmost 7 years ago
Same issues as a recent tale

Wife gets treated like shit for one indiscretion, husband gets a 3-way as a reward. I should've known not to read based on the comments, live and learn I guess.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 7 years ago
The biggest problem I have with the BTB stories is . . .

. . . that the cheated upon husbands almost always seem to get their revenge so perfectly; they suffer no setbacks -- other than losing their wives, of course -- in the course of their revenge. The men who seduce their wives seem to always wind up dead broke, often see the inside of prison, and I remember one in which he wound up a paraplegic, and the wives (usually) suffer somewhat less, but still wind up with much lower quality lives than they had with their husbands.

In the real world, the cheated-upon husband is usually worse off as well, while the guy who seduced his wife tends to suffer the fewest negative consequences, at least as long as he wasn't married himself.

grriz1grriz1almost 7 years ago
First time

This was my first time reading your work. I found it entertaining.

FieldHornFieldHornalmost 7 years ago
The AMA

A minor technicality, but the American Medical Association has absolutely nothing to do with physician licensing. In fact, the last time I saw statistics, it had less than 20% of the USA's physicians as members. I quit the AMA 30+ years ago, and am still a licensed physician. The AMA is an "Association" and is actually sort of feeble: it rides on its name, and, in my opinion, doesn't represent the practicing physician's needs or desires very well

Tx M.D.

jesemmojesemmoalmost 7 years ago
Needs work

Your story reads like a 1930's movie script. The ending falls of a cliff. Where's the rest of the story?

Kiheisam58Kiheisam58almost 7 years ago
Good but could be better

It started out good but then you through in the part with the stripper and waitress which didn't really add anything to the story. It seemed rushed also. Good but not up to your usual standards

Richie4110Richie4110almost 7 years ago
Thanks, Loved it from Louisiana

Looking forward to any future stories you're willing to share with us. I share the concern that so many readers express vile and unsympathetic comments about a story they hate. I get the sense that these people are either religious zealots or have serious mental conditions that prevent them from expressing a constructive thought.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 7 years ago
Good reading time

Well written story. Enjoyable reading time. Thank you for your writing and posting.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading.

obtusemanobtusemanalmost 7 years ago
nice diddy. No, excellent story. Thanks

Perfect length. Nice and tight.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 7 years ago
I am a fan!

Keep 'em coming...ignore the others!

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17almost 7 years ago
So Nurse Ulysses Is A Bastard

A man who poisons himself to frame even an asshole having sex with his wife deserves to die a horrible, painful death.

Dubby49Dubby49almost 7 years ago
Who poisoned Ulysses?

@nancyharpman17

How did you arrive at the conclusion that Ulysses poisoned himself - from one open bottle opened in ER stores? The other facts as presented dictate otherwise.

a) Ulysses had no contact with the beer till he drank it.

b) Olsen stated on oath (he was later tried for perjury) that the idea came from Quinn. Whether it was Quinn's idea or not, only Olsen had access to the beer.

coigachboycoigachboyalmost 7 years ago
Awsome

Loved the ending. Cheating doctor deserved all he got.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago
Jammy kiss?

I don't know what the hell a jammy kiss is supposed to be, but probably a typo.

That aside the story was fairly entertaining, though if the author felt that a clarification of the poisoning was needed, it should have been in-story not in an author's note.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
@lustfulyoungguy

ask for a refund then dipshit

2nd time reading, great story entertaining and amusing characters.

andyinozandyinozover 6 years ago
A good read

Really liked the refreshing style of your writing.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 6 years ago
The Name Thing is Weird

So our hero's last name is Lee. His mother believes they are descendants of Robert E. Lee. And we are to believe she names him Ulysses, using US Grant's first name? I think not. Then the stripper, on hearing his name, asks "Iliad or US Civil War?" The only connection between those things is the first name, Ulysses, but he answers that he is descended from RE Lee. Say what? What am I not getting??

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
RE: The biggest problem I have with the BTB stories is . . .

@ReedRichards - well yeah - this is why it is a BTB story, friend... if it was anything like it is in real life, no satisfactory revenge would really happened.

Hell, in real life, there's really little reason for Marc to poison U's drink as he did here - seemed like a very extreme action, even if his job was threatened is Lee reported him.

In any case... yeah, plans in BTB stories had to go on flawlessly, otherwise it's not a true BTB tale.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
You're in it or you're out... it's really that simple

It's always funny to read some of the comments left by other readers of a story, but, IMHO, nothing is as funny or as puzzling than reading the thoughts from the cheater's apologists, defending the wayward spouse for her action (always for a 'her', never for a 'him', by the way...), especially if the unfaithful one only have 'one indiscretion' during her marriage (yup, looking right at you, @lustfulyoungguy!)

Gotta say, my view on forgiving cheating has somehow drastically changed, after reading enough LW stories - oh, not for me personally (I am still a proud member of the 'Eff this S - WE'RE DONE!' camp when it comes to getting stranges outside of a relationship, let alone a marriage), but I can now see how a couple can work toward moving on, together, after one of them had sex with someone else. I even sometimes find the forgiveness given by the cheat-upon to be a sign of true strength - to find a way to rebuilt the trust, the intimacy, the partnership, after being so thoroughly betrayed... that's something I'm simply not strong enough to even imagine being able to do. So yes - I can understand how such an action could be seen as commendable... as long as the cheater is, at a bare minimum, truly remorseful and genuinely have no intention of doing it again.

Sadly, it's not the case here.

Some of you may have missed its true meaning, but remember what Jimbo's wrote, right after the convo Q and Marc had about U knowing about their affair, convo in which Q claimed out "I love him just as much, hell, I love him more than the first time I met him"?

"Marc had just showered Quinn's smells off of his body when his phone chimed."

Now, none of us are children here (at least, none of us should be!), so I shouldn't need to draw you a picture as to why Dr Olsen happened to smell like his last conquest. Which means that, as she was crying to the lost of her husband to her lover, Q still had no issue about fucking outside of her marriage.

She wasn't sorry about her cheating; she was sorry about getting caught. Which pretty much mean that her marriage was over... as long as U wasn't the type of men to move pass this sort of shit, and, thankfully, he wasn't. Unfaithfulness is definitely one, if not the most full-proof way to kill a coupling; so, and it is extremely weird to point out something so obvious, people should be mindful to truly think with their brain and, why not, their heart before letting their genitals whether or not it would be a good idea to risk their actual relationship with getting some on the side.

You're either in a marriage or you're not; and, if you're not, you should expected to be out of it really quickly.

The story, as a long, is alright... 'Don't really understand how Q managed to lose her licence about of the affair, though - 'must have been something written in the employees' code of conduct in this hospital, but still... the threesome with the strippers, at the end, seems really far-fetched, even if the girls were showing U how happy they were that he didn't died in front of them - Heather, in particular, seems genuinely into the out-of-shape ginger, for no reason at all... al'ight, I guess!

Another good one from Jimbo. This was time well spend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I hate when pple say

If it was anything like in real life... 7 billion people and you know what everyone is going to do? Any thing can happen in real life. You just read a story about nurses and the patients they go though. All those injured or dead had unsuspecting things happen to them.

This revenge wasn't even over top. It was a good gamble.

KRD19254KRD19254about 6 years ago

Some of you need to watch Parry Mason or Columbo or Matlock.... U caught Q and set them both up, "One bottle Sulphate Ana... Aw, shit, seal's been broken". Other than Brian, ER, who else goes into the ER Storage room and must make sure the door gets locked?

U palmed just enough Sulfate into his beer to cause his reaction. And was sharp/fast enough to get treatment. Ask yourself WHO would know of his medical condition/bracelet - Q, his wife of 5 yrs. Dr Marc was not his personal doctor and he did not work with Dr Marc. And U also knew that Q was still banging away even after Q discovered that U knew of her adultery, think soiled panties.

So U set it all up putting Q under suspicion of collusion to poison U. And the Dr. was framed for the poisoning of U. And no one can prove otherwise (other than Brian if he would have been sharp enough). Great story - good plot, did not see this coming until that last sentence. 7*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Typical JimBobs incoherent garbage.

This writer should be in an asylum for insane ! 1* of course.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
CHEATERS NEVER WIN, NOR SHOULD THEY

especially if they are cheating on a more superior person, TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good one from Bob

I've had an anaphylactic reaction three times. Never had an emergency trach, but have been intubated while awake. Remembering the feeling of fighting for a breath that wouldn't come, a nd being totally helpless is not one that I would give myself intentionally. Had I not been at work all three times, I am certain that I would.not have survived. I'm never far from my Epipen now. I don't think an ER nurse would deliberately give himself an anaphylactic reaction. Too much room for things to go fatally wrong. Other than that quibble, I loved everything about this story. Especially, the burning of the arrogant doctor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice twist at the end.

I LIKE all JimBob's work.

repojonesrepojonesover 5 years ago
Very talented

Your one of the best authors your stories are good . And the fact that somebody is ready to blow a head gasket hot at you .. Let's you know your doing a good job

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
good story

short sweet and to the point. That comment from Nancy harpy shows what a dipshit she is No sympathy for the wife or the doc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

But you did not make the slut pay for her cheating. A divorce is not punishment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another good one

Like how Dr. Studmuffin is set up. Then through his continued arrogance suffers even more. Nicely done.

So often I read LW stories and the husbands are dumb as a box of rocks. Or the wife is a clueless slutty caricature. This couple feels reel. Like real world people we already know. Must be hard to do - writing believable charcters - based on so many stories I have read. But JB44 keeps on cranking them out. And I am gratefu for his efforts.

The ending is a tad over the top - but 2 hot dancers. I ain't complaining :-)

KattrinaJonesKattrinaJonesalmost 5 years ago
Absolutlu loved it !!!!

The ending caught me by surprise, but so happy that the truth came out and revenge is best served cold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why hateful emails?

Loved the story. Wasn't Shakespeare, but ticked all the boxes for a reader of amateur literature on a free site. Really ticked the boxes, for this anony reader who loves to see the snakes and sluts get what they deserve.

Wife DID get punished, anyway. She didn't get eaten away in a bathtub full of lime, sure, but she did kill her dream, and she did have to face the reality that she was the one who pulled the trapdoor lever. Dr Lothario was the one who put the noose around the relationship's neck, but she pulled the lever.

Once the insanity of her seduction and self-delusion fades away, that knowledge is all she will have left. That, and a broken heart.

But hey, it's a short work of fiction in the end. Thanks for your fine effort.

Crazy2WheelerCrazy2Wheelerover 4 years ago
Superb and yet realistic ramblin' (LOL)

Gotta love the South! Louisiana has some awesome places and for the most part folks are awesome. When you get to read it like it's mostly verbalized it just adds to the fun.

BRAVO!!!!

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Reading again. Love the story as told by JimBob,but stand by my thoughts on anaphylaxis. Definitely bad stuff. My poison is NSAiDs, starring aspirin.

jmmj5jmmj5almost 4 years ago
"Tawdry's about all I can afford."

Love, love that line.

I also enjoyed the story.

It's been a while since you've posted anything JB44. Looking forward to your next story.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Good story

Here comes the door to the Twilight Zone

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yeah I was an ER nurse. Still maintain my license

I find it incredibly unlikely that anyone would intentionally ingest a sulfa drug if they knowingly have a serious allergy. Not only could it cause anaphylaxis (which happened in the story) but there is also the possibility of Stevens Johnson. He is a trauma nurse so he would be more than acutely aware of the risk. He should also know that there could have been an emt delay. It can happen .

At the least he would have had an epi nearby just in case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

Did starsong1977 read the story? It was very clear that the ingestion WAS NOT INTENTIONAL. Another case where the reader was trying to show how smart they are.

Good Story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

The author is an acquired taste, but once acquired you realize how deceptively good he is. Intriguing combination of cynic and romantic. I’m hooked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
you're a good writer

stop telling people,about what you write.stop explianing too people.just write and we read or don't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Excellent writing, JimBob!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Good story front to back! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Okay

I found your story topic to be one of interest since it hasn’t been over done. I would submit that your fragmented telling of the story could have flowed smoother. That alone would have increased its readability. Just saying!

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
Excellent

It was a quite different, enjoyable read, to me.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

I recall with absolute fondness mastering the Rose Mary Woods speed-reading method. It helps me enjoy long, meandering, rabbit-chasing works that do have a good story line. Nice story, but geeeeeze, you do need an editor. Until you get one, I'm still stickin' with you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well done.

The twist at the end was the clincher. 5 *

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Again, for one of my favorites about two things that had a big influence on my life. ER nursing was the best job I ever had, and I still love it. Anaphylactic shock scares me more than anything in the world, with the exception of the fact that Giggles Harris is only a weak heartbeat away from the Whitehouse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story, but dont understand the need of backstory that adds nothing. I would prefer to just stick to the story. This is something common to the stories in this site, so not aimed solely at you.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

That's a man who really wants revenge on two cheats. In reality, there are easier ways, but this is fiction and it's fun to contemplate.

GriscomGriscomover 2 years ago

Not a bad story, but there is a serious plot hole with the poisoning. Nothing is said about how long it takes for exposure to the sulfur to cause a reaction, but I would assume it's fast. That makes the comment about Ulysses poisoning himself before he left work unrealistic. He'd have to do it in the bathroom of the strip club, but he's never alone with the beer. There are at least 3 other people able to see it, i.e., the doctor and the two maintenance guys. And Ulysses would have to poison the beer, not himself, because he would have to assume the police would test the beer. It can't not have sulfur in it, for his plot to work. So this plot can't really work as written. One way to address it would be for Ulysses to have planned to do it, but to have given up. That adds a twist that the doctor then actually tries to poison him instead. But kind of weird, especially in front of two guys from the hospital who could be expected to talk.

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 2 years ago

Great and clever story line. One of your best, JimBob. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No idea what that was about, just rambling with no context of why

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The whole poisoning plot element was awkward and needed more polishing before publishing. Otherwise, this was nicely done.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
Double Poisoning

The double poisoning that no one knew was a extra risky. Risky enough as it was for both poisoners … who should both have known that anaphylactic shock does not always react in a linear dose-to intensity or onset-time fashion. Hubby did NOT talk to anyone after he came outta the strip joint bathroom. He went straight to the (now less than icy) cold beer. Half of what he took in his mouth in the john went ino the beer mug as backwash! He carried the liquid from the hospital in a small glass bottle, and he also has a 3 oz. Dixie cup. Empties the liquid into the cup in the stall and puts it on the floor or shitter tank. Goes to the lavatory and rinses it out and wipes it down with some toilet paper and dumps it in the trash. Goes back to the stall and takes the cup contents into his mouth (without swallowing) then flushes it down the hatch.

Overall, a good read. There really are Moms like that around there!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like your stories so I’ll nit pick here. If his mom thought they were related to Robert E. Lee, then the last name she’d choose is Ulysses. An effort to be clever gone array.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Always love me some Jim Bob

Thx

5*

~Enkidu

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Glad luck and 2 hot strippers found Ulysses!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I fell for a snake that preys on married women. I lost everything because I did wrong, and he deserved better. I gave him everything and told him about everything. He is still the love of my soul, but I know i fucked that all up. You wrote a good story that hurt me inside deep. I'm sorry I fell for the B.S. Pat if you're out there, I'm still so very sorry and I want you to have a better life. Val.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story!! Burned the cheating skanks!!

Katie his mother is a real piece of work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good and creative story that moves well and clearly. I wish it was longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unlike other commenters below just because of the author's explanation at the end, thr language does not clearly identify that Ulysses poisoned himself at the hospital. He could have taken some out and done it when he went to thr bathroom. Then he got hit double andthe response was a severe negative synergy that almost killed him. On a different note, I loved the first page, but then things fell apart. Reading about U & Q's relationship, there didn't seem to be any reason she would fall like that. I know thr main part of the story was the double poisoning, but Q just got tossed aside. Like why? Didn't Ulysses rock her world? Yes she appeared to really like sex. How did she soo quickly turn to being irate at U? Maybe she had a lot of guilt but none of that discussed. Seemed like the affair was at most a couple of weeks. Tops. Why did she go back to sleep with the asshole after she knew that Ulysses knew? That seems really uncharacteristic, including based on what happened after. I am nit suggesting in any way that a reconciliation was possible. She slept with Marc on a several occasions and she broke U's heart. But it really seemed af odds with their relationship and her love for U. I know. Dr asshole exploited her grief in thr neonatal ward and was a predator (a dumb one who pissed in his workplace after previous strikeouts and was on the razor-sharp edge with his boss) but again her fall into temptation seemed at odds with the before and after. Might have been a better story if she had fallen once and confessed or even been drugged after putting off the doctor for awhile, with him using the same drug to make her suggestible. In that way could have the shock of the betrayal but a more reasonable rationale. And then thr doctor wants to meet with U to bury the hatchet to protect his job. Would then make it more understandable why the drugging of U as he wanted to not kill him (didn't even know about the allergic reaction risk) but just get him to accept a counter offer to NOT spill the beans to management. Again the double poisoning is thr heart of the story but I thought Quinn was just a prop after the first page and even if divorce was unavoidable, her character which had been built up was now done a disservice. We really never know why, what she felt, anything from her perspective and when she woke up about Dr asshole. It wasn't when she saw the panties. She still banged him at his condo afterwards. Just seemed incongruent to her earlier character. And yes I realize that people can unexpectedly (at least briefly) but while she had intense remorse afterwards, her reaction to U knowing was not elaborated on. And why did she lose her nursing certificate? She had nothing to do with thr poisoning.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Love the story but it has to have an ending. AAAAAA+++++

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Another 5*. Brilliant.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

4 stars for a decent story.

However, it is really hard for me to understand how a young woman who is seriously in love with her husband could even contemplate an affair with such an ASSHOLE. BUT after reading about a thousand of these stories I am beginning to understand the possibility that ANYTHING is possible - especially on this website.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5103 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.