All Comments on 'Quintessential Response'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Drastic

A drastic illustration, but apparently very effective in getting his point across. Jack probably came to some form of awareness also, after the second trip down the stairs. I don’t think Glock makes a revolver, but that doesn’t spoil a great story.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 3 years ago

.... Unless you know him/her personally, can you really email a family lawyer? I doubt it.

Everything else that happens in this flash, though, sounded quite plausible, especially the cops not being able to book him, since there wasn't any actual proof of his death threats.

Frankly, what's really weird, with this story, is how familiar its premise was, but how uncommon it developed, even though the husband's reaction is what you would normally expect how a spouse would react to such blatant disrespect and betrayal.

Him losing it and pointing a gun at the wife?That's more believable than him just letting her go to her lover. Don't get me wrong - I ain't saying it is BETTER... just a more believable reaction.

Believable, yet sad. Still a good read. Thanks for the share, author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Turnabout is fair play

Well done

ranec1ranec1over 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Glock is

an auto loading pistol , not a revolver .

I actually liked the logic and metaphor he used , can't recall ever seeing that one before .

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Another good one. But as with the others the ending feels like it's missing a proper ending. Still good though.

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenover 3 years ago
Unconventional surprise twist

A bit darker than your usual while definitely being unique. His extreme control under the circumstances she created by turning her pathetic reasoning back on her was dynamic. 750 prevented your usual detailed buildup and left the conclusion abrupt, but very well done, moreandmore! Thank you!

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Loved it, short and sweet.

Score 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a gem.

I liked the way you said a "Glock revolver" to tweak the nitpicking noses'. I can tell it was intentional by the superb grammar and flawless editing. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
EXCELLENT UNTIL THE ENDING....

The ending was blaze' and run of the mill. She should have been with him and the two of them get run down by another cheating wife who's trying to escape from her pissed off husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
agree with the other anon

Great way to handle this typical LW plot but wasted on such a short story. I could see her piss running down her leg and her almost passing out from hyperventilating.

Agree on the glock screw up but let it slip. Didn't kill it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story, thanks for the offering.

Sadly, I think his logic was wasted on her. The wife was all about her wants, desires and needs which always trumps whatever the husband wants, needs or desires and logic be damned. But that's typical of cheaters since cheating is all about entitlement.

In reality, it may be questionable about the results of the confrontation with the police since they showed up at the house because she or her lover called them and made a complaint about her husband threatening her with a gun. In today's atmosphere of "women MUST be believed" it is unlikely that they husband would get off on a simple case of" he said she said". No, more than likely, her complaint would have been enough to get a protection order. The police would have served it, confiscated his gun and then force him to pack and leave his house.

But hey, this is fiction and fantasy, so who cares. Chalk one up for the husband.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 3 years ago

Anonymous wtf ..... hold still while Gordon shoots you right between the eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You are incorrect

Anonymous.....you said moreandmore needed to know his props and that there was no such thing as a Glock Revolver. Well, you’re the one who needs to check things out before you post. Glock does (did) make two revolvers....the R17 and 21R.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Effective, dramatic example of what she did to the marriage. I like it. And it didn't involve violence to anyone important.

5/5

JBinGAJBinGAover 3 years ago

Now THAT's funny! Thanks and Kudos ;)

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

Now that was a very unique example by Gordon turning the tables on the old "I need to try this. It's something I want to experience" cliche. Well done.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Loved it

Awesome in its stark powerful logic. MC is clearly the debate champion.

I assume it’s set in the future and Glock decided to produce a revolver? 😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

5*

Ha! Perfect.

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Liked the story but if you have to use a revolver you should go with the colt magnum ! After all it's what Dirty Harry carries ..

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago

Yes there is a Glock revolver. Ye this is a pitiful story.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 3 years ago
Great Analogy

Loved it!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Before you know it, this story will be linked to by the anti-gun nuts as an enabler of: (1.) toxic masculine culture; and (2.) "nobody needs a hand-gun in the home" crowd. Of course, they're blind to the fact that this is escapist fantasy, and of course, they overlook the growing volume of anti-male FLM/FLR and vitriolic, dehumanizing feminist-centric cuck pr0n. Okay.... FemAnon, pile-on!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Game over

This story retires the 750 word trophy

gordo12gordo12over 3 years ago

I took offense at the use of Gordon for the character. I mean what are the odds of someone with a great name like that being so evil?

On the other hand I did enjoy the abrupt turn about in the story. As someone else said I can see her pissing herself. Well done!

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Still grinning. But didn't know Glock made revolvers. I'll have to look that up. What caliber?

waifwaifover 3 years ago
Really?

by Anonymous

02/02/21

"The main point of this story was that idiots shouldn't be allowed anywhere near guns because they'll do a lot of illegal things-like this protagonist did."

Really?

After reading your comment I am convinced that the main point is that idiots shouldn't be allowed to post anonymously.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

Hopefully there will be a flash aftermath otherwise not a bad read

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
To the point

A point very well made! Very good that thank you. See we've gone from grammer Nazis to gun Nazis now...ffs it's a fictional story....probably.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Fu#*#n Loved this one!

Kudos... 5*s.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Wow, I didn't see that coming!

Dramatically different but very entertaining story. To anyone whining about the illegality of pulling a gun on the wife, the cops have no proof he did it, and the husband could swear blind that she's making it up to get him in trouble. There's no way he'd ever get charged for anything because there's be no chance of getting a conviction.

One of the best 750 word stories I've read.

AbctoyAbctoyover 3 years ago
Good read

Short and to the point.

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Good story and great to see you back five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You cheated on the 750

I love you. Seriously, you’re in my top three, but you cheated by putting the Stevie Nicks quote in your intro. That quote was specific to your story and should have been included in the body.

Still, great. The obvious response.

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Do you know how

to pick up the pieces and go home.........

Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ha

Short, simple, and to the point. Lol. Chick got what she wanted

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Googled it

Turns out there is a Glock revolver. I stand corrected.

IndyOnIndyOnover 3 years ago

moreandmore....this story needs more

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

Loved the ending -- several times.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Poor, Poor...

Jack, having fallen own that same flight of stairs several times. Must be that he's a slow learner, hope he's more careful of his dalliances in the future.

FifteenyearscotchFifteenyearscotchover 3 years ago
excellent!

I almost shit my pants, I was giggling so hard at this story!!!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Now that's the way to turn the tables.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good Story but too short

This was a good story that could have been great if a bit longer.

GinloverGinloverabout 3 years ago

I think he got his point of view across clearly lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The only thing I missed?

Was when she peed her panties. You missed that touch.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
I Join The Lovers

of this story. Great counter argument to the wife's proposal. It may have been a bit more realistic if Steve fell down a half flight of stairs, somehow made it around the landing, and repeated that feat several times. But that's just a nit on a very well crafted story. Thanks, M&M.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Enjoyed the concept, but too short.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 3 years ago

Great start of a good story, why stop with so many possibilities?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This would have been a 5 had he not split their finances. He should have left her with nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too short?? It looks like many commenters missed the 750 WORD lead-in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I’ve always wanted to set someone on fire. Don’t you want me to explore my desires?

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I usually hate these 750 word things but this is by far the best I've read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

2 things, I have always wondered at how clumsy people are, falling downstairs several times in a row, one right after another, seems they'd figure out why they're falling and do something different, but nooo, they keep falling, getting up and falling again. The really remarkable thing is that these clumsy people dont all die, only a smallish % do. 2nd, not OCD but regarding weapons, am nitpicky, glock doesnt make revolvers, nuf said. Good fun read

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Only one suggestion. Jack fell one time .... from the 5th level to the ground level. OK, two suggestions ... one last "talk" with her after she went to the police, a very very convincing talk.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

That Jack was a clumsy bastard. Well done.

OPrimeOPrimeover 2 years ago

Glocks aren't revolvers.

Wildbill314Wildbill314over 2 years ago

O prime-ever hear of the Glock 21R

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"O prime-ever hear of the Glock 21R". Wildbill314 did you ever know that was a photoshop by DeviantArt? Do you know what you don't know?

AhazuraAhazuraabout 2 years ago

Regarding the Glock Revolver, Glock has never made a revolver. The image that get tossed around on gun sites is 100 percent made up but resurfaces every few years. I like to think moreandmore tossed this in a a tweak to the trolls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
@Ahazura

You're right about the Glock. He should have said a Howitzer revolver, or a samurai sword revolver, or a board with a nail in it revolver. Or maybe a who gives a shit revolver.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Last two words were the funniest

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Human death and marital death are not even remotely the same thing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, though a bit short.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Good story. I wouldn't recommend that approach in real life, but it makes for fun fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She probably does love him now that he's asserted himself, irony is he no longer loves nor respects her.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Good, but it could be great as a longer story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

UNFORTUNATELY THE REALITY IS: she would say, "don't point that at me." and continue down the stairs unless something were to stop her in her tracks, making her think. Not many fear the presence of a firearm, unless it is in the hands of others (the unknown quotient).

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good start to a story, though it needs more flesh to it to fill it out.

shadowjack17shadowjack1710 months ago

Glock does not make revolvers.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

More water with it next time, Jack!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Like his reaction to her statement much better than most of the reactions of the men in many of these stories. 4

Calico75Calico756 months ago

It's the "several times" that makes the story. Ending with a grin!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good point Shadowjack. They do not make revolvers. Love the several times. Gotta watch your step in parking garages!

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine5 months ago

“No it won't kill our marriage. We both love each other too much for that to happen”. Rubbish. If she loved him, she wouldn’t have done this.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Glock "revolver"? Kids these days, ...sigh

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I've never really understood the whole "I'm going to have a fling and you love me so much you'll accept it and still be with me" scenario. It's just such a ridiculous brain dead thing to say and really expect someone to accept it. Good version of this type of story though. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story, but too short.

oldtwitoldtwit3 months ago

Oh I loved the way you just threw her down, just like Jack.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief21 days ago

I don't think the Loving Wife was too keen on letting Gordon have his one time to see how it was, lol. Gordon needs to hang on the his Glock pistol because it's one of a kind and probably worth a lot of money. Loved how he just turned off his love and kicked her out without throwing up and becoming all emotional. Don't know what kym saw in Jack, seems he was kind of clumsy, a couple of times lol.

26thNC26thNC10 days ago

Good, but this one actually needs more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...