All Comments on 'Rain Storms Ch. 01'

by Trahi

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I feel like I've read this before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

This is so fucked up! This is the reason why I hate sequels, the main character either cheats, gets bored or finds someone else. I don't understand why authors always love to ruin a great story? My vote is one star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow, tough prior comment.

I don't feel that way. You just know that the happily-ever-after endings of many stories are not what happened in their real world, after the last page of the book. In reality, half of them do cheat on each other or separate or divorce for a variety of reasons.

I knew a guy who didn't think he was cheating if he didn't bottom for anyone else, but he had no problem topping, thinking that wasn't cheating on his partner, who was a top only. So Eric thinks being with women isn't cheating on Rain. I always thought Eric was pretty intense and needed to do things his own way, like many artists, and Rain was submissive to him because he was used to being paid to do what people wanted and because he wanted to be loved.

I like that in this story, Rain has got an education, a good job, and thus the option of a life on his own, as well as the ability to be a top if he wants. I want him to be happy, and I hope he can be happy with Dylan, but living in the shadows and not being acknowledged is a different kind of difficulty.

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Happy to see you back! And with a sequel. I love it so far. You've set the stage for an interesting story and I'm excited to read how it all plays out

dez421dez421over 8 years ago

I'm glad to see you back. I loved the first story and this one too. I was just sad when I read the first paragraph. But as someone commented after the HEA real life sometimes begins and is different. I'm very hopeful for this story and haven't counted Eric out yet that he can still reappear and rain may realize everyone has faults and maybe his aren't to bad that they can make it. Dylan has faults too I think his are bigger than Eric's just saying. šŸ˜‡ anxiously waiting for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you

Its hard for an author I think to maintain the investment of a character in a sequel. You have done a splendid job. We have been spoilt though - can we please have some more! 5 * thank you JK

MissyMisdemeanorMissyMisdemeanorover 8 years ago
Perfect!!

Happy to see the story continue. Very interested to see if my predictions for where this story goes comes true.

aclassyladyaclassyladyover 8 years ago
Welcome Back!!!!!

Welcome back to writing!! So glad to see that you carried over the story. You have taken it in a different path, and I find it is a good way to go. It lets the reader see how you can go from a HEA to splittsville in just one chapter. I do think Rain needs to talk to both Eric and Dylan at the same time tell them what he thinks of his concerns. I believe he loves Eric and Dylan but in different ways. I can't wait to see where you take this story.

Kudos to you for your writings. It is still a five star story to me. I am glad you are continuing to write for you have a knack of bringing your characters to life. It feels so realistic and it could happen in real life. Bringing your characters to POP in a story shows you are a fabulous writer. You have a sense of who is reading your stories. I hope there will be many more chapters to come from you for I must say, you have made me a true fan of your works. I have read them all and am looking forward to many more sagas to come. Please keep entertaining us readers with your outstanding works. again ::::HIGH FIVE::::::: AND FIVE STARS

ACLASSYLADY

canndcanndover 8 years ago

I'm so torn b/c I felt like we just got Eric and him on the same page in the last few lines of the first part of Rains story...then he's already broken up? I was super surprised that Eric cheated with women when he'd told Irish no at the start. I guess he had good intentions and ended up doing the wrong thing. I'm torn on the whole Dylan thing b/c I think they're settling whether they admit it or not. Dylan is ending up being second best and Rain is taking the next best thing after the man who can't make it work for him but who he still wants most---Eric. I don't think he's going to really be okay with being denied to everyone but friends either. I wonder whats up with all the messages. Is Eric keeping an eye on Rain and knowing he's with someone? I don't think I'd buy he was at his parents by chance and saw him with Dylan. Should be interesting.

I kinda am hoping for eric to come around despite his kinda promising himself to Dylan. I think you'll have to convince me that these two really are better off together. Maybe letting us see Eric and Rain fall apart might have made it easier to see them with someone else. They just seem so well-matched. I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I really like how you continued this story. Yes, Rain and Eric fell apart. But they were together 5 years. Another year was spent with them at some point trying to reconcile.

I think this could work either way, depending on how you handle it.

It would be great to know at what point Eric decided to cheat on Rain. Why did that happen. Did he feel he was losing Rain, as Rain became more independent, so his answer was to fall back on his old MO? Communication between these two was always lacking, so what got lost in translation.

I can understand Rain not wanting to live like that. At least Dylan knows, eyes wide open, going in, Rain is still in love with Eric. But who knows, it might stick. The two of them may be settling, but it's that openness which could keep them together.

Eric is persistent, maybe realizing what he lost, or maybe just wanting Rain at any cost right now. I want him to change though, but I'm willing to follow where you take us.

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 8 years ago

I disagree with the commenters who say Rain is settling. This sequel shows he's growing and moving on, which is what happens. I was actually glad to see he and Eric had split, because that is more realistic than them staying together. His relationship with Eric was never an equal one, and he has a better chance of that with Dylan. I think he has the potential to be happier with Dylan than he was with Eric IF they can work out the "closet" issue. Great story, great characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So happy to see you back!

..... but very sad to read that the Rain-Eric relationship didn't work out. But there's still hope, right?

At the end of Rain Falls it felt like something was missing, just a final sentence, otherwise the story was just perfect, it made me cry.

Hope that you'll keep the same rythm as for 500 miles and Rain Falls, can't wait to see where you are going to lead the characters in this new story.

What about Rain goes back to Eric and Dylan meets Ryan? Everybody would be fine then! ;-)

islandchicaislandchicaalmost 8 years ago
I forgot...

... to leave my feedback on Rain Falls. I definitely prefer the shorter chapters with more parts. My attention span goes after page four unless the story is REALLY good. I haven't read the other parts yet to know what happens to Eric but just in case he is completely out of the picture could you write a part two for him like you did for Rain? Pretty please? :)

Loving them all...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Ewww Dylan

I willingly and fully admit I am 100% team Eric! But I get why they split and I donā€™t think Rain should spend the rest of his life single. I just get so scuzzed out by Dylan! I didnā€™t like him in Rain Falls and I like him even less now. Heā€™s such a self centered brat I just canā€™t stand him and I donā€™t get what Rain sees in him. He should ditch his ass and play with Ryan until a better long term partner comes along or Eric finds some way to fix what he broke. I donā€™t think Rain is with out fault we all know he can be clingy and want to do a lot of chatting about feelings, still Eric didnā€™t need to act like a ho! Anywho ā€œyea.... if Rain could toss Dylan out on his fake ass that would be great, thanksā€

OpenthedooragainOpenthedooragainabout 5 years ago

I was 100% Eric, and still have feelings for him, but can see why they split if he can't keep his dick in his pants, and all for Rain......Love your story telling...great.....l do love Dylan though, and think he will make the better partner if he will only come out about his gayness...........

curiousaudreycuriousaudreyabout 3 years ago

I remember wondering what happened with Dylan and now I know but I wish he'd stayed a one time character or have them be besties. Rain will inevitably go back to Eric and then what... I also feel like Rain is trying hard to convince himself he wants to be with Dylan, he said it himself he missed being in a relationship. He just doesn't want to be alone and it works with Dylan since they have some history together.

I really never would have thought Eric would cheat on Rain, I mean he's the same dude who cut off his side hoes for Rain and I thought he couldn't get off anymore without Rain. He was even so committed... It's not adding up but I'm going to read more, also Jess coddles Eric a lot it's quite obvious and annoying

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous