Ravenswood Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Suddenly a ball of blue-white lightening exploded between them sending her crashing across the room. Jason, in reaction to the blast, smashed into the bookshelves behind him, sodas and chips went flying.

Stunned, Maura laid against the wall looking at him.

Jason used a chair back to slowly pull himself to his feet then he staggered across the room and held out a hand to help her up. "What happened?" Jason reached over to help her to her feet. "Something exploded, are you alright?"

A small trickle of blood seeped from the scratch marks her fangs made on his neck. Maura closed her eyes in a vain attempt to control her urges. She knew she should just run away, but she couldn't resist him. He smelled so-o-o good and her cravings intensified. She leaned in to lick the blood that trickled down his neck and another smaller ball of electricity exploded between them sending Maura back against the wall and Jason into a group of tables in complete confusion.

"Shit, I don't know what's happening," Jason shouted. "Are you all right? Here take my hand."

She pushed his hand away. "No! Leave me alone!" She grabbed her backpack and the cloth covered bag she always carried as she stumbled towards the door.

Jason scrambled after her. "Maura, wait, what's wrong? What's happening?"

She was out the door, beyond the lobby, and across the street in a blur. She flew around the corner of a nearby building and leaned against a glass wall. Her head was throbbing and her body was numb from both explosions. She could still hear the crackle of energy vibrating in her ears.

What the hell was that? Whatever it was, it knocked her down...twice! The pain in her jaw subsided a little, but the violence of the explosion frightened her. Why wasn't she able to control his mind? He just smiled at her like she had no effect at all. She leaned in and POW! She was across the room in a heartbeat.

What could it have been? Was it some sort of natural life force? Whatever it was, it sure seemed to be a powerful one. Until she figured it out she knew she had to stay clear of him.

She peered around the side of the building towards the front door of Trenton Apartments. Jason came out of the building shouting for her. She turned and fled.

"Maura! Wait! Damn it." Jason ran into the street and looked both ways. She was gone.

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:

The author copyrights Ravenswood and all of its parts. The reproduction of any part of Ravenswood without the written permission of the author is expressly prohibited. This story is a work of fiction. All of the characters, their names and the places they visit, are purely from the imagination of the author. Any resemblance to persons, places, or things is not intentional and purely coincidental.

12