All Comments on 'Reading Stories'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
I do agree with you philosophical positions.

Reading these stories can be addictive and communication is the mainstay of virtually any relationship. DG, this story made me think about Hank, Merle and Toby - great musicians and poor folks' philosophers, each in his own right. I do say that with the utmost respect. You are one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yep

Simply awesome, As always with you!

JusttooldJusttooldover 13 years ago
Good

Another good story from you. Keep up the good work I love reading your stuff.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Very thoughtful DG.

I will state upfront it's your fault and HDK and Papatoad for writing stories that I like to read. It's also your fault and HDKs and others that encouraged me to write my so called stories. So a big thank you for that.(My wife thanks you too:) )

Okay all joking aside I have one of the most understanding wives any husband will ever have. She helps me write some of my stories and gives me ideas about what to write sometimes from 'real' life sometimes from 'films' 'books' other stories from this site and other sites. But the point is we read the stories together, she knows exactly what I am reading about or writing about.

I have never tried to keep anything from my wife. If I talk to another female writer or reader on line I tell her. Like wise if another writer or reader contacts me she knows about it. I have known my wife for 21 years and been married 17 of those years. I know they say everyone has secrets in their marriage, not us. I am crap at keeping secrets anyway, I am sure she would always find out anyway.

Sometimes my wife says nothing about me writing or reading a story that keeps me chained to the PC for an hour or more. But don't get me wrong. When it's time to go back to 'real' life. The PC is shut down and the REAL life is what I focus on. My wife is the most precious thing in the world to me.

Could I stop writing stories? Now. Today. Could I never write a story again? Easily(After all no one would miss my stories.) Could I never log on to any story website ever again? Yes very easily. Could I stop reading stories? Yes very easily. I may be different to many readers and writers on this or any other site but my world is the real world. My stories mean nothing to anyone, the stories I read are generally good and are good reads while I am reading them. I vote, I comment(Good, bad or indifferent.) and move on. It's that simple.

So yes I can understand your idea behind this story and yes I can understand that there are readers and writers on this site that can't seperate 'real' life from their 'real' life. I can and do. I read maybe five or six stories today. mostly they are all good reads. But after this comment is posted the PC gets turned off. My wife awaits.

Sorry DG for rambling on so much. Well done for the story, even if occasionally it was a little confusing about who was telling the story. Anyway thank you for all your stories over the years.

Regards

AW

DrallDrallover 13 years ago
Perfect!

A fine holliday story! Thank you!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Enjoyed this one

Good story. Thanks for writing.

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
D G

you're getting a bit of a softy in your old age. I really quite like that! I'm getting there myself,and perhaps it's a sign of a contented man. Great story ----- loved it --- carry on please.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
A Mirror for the people

We would all have a hard time explaining to many friends and family members why we spend so much time. I admit I like a good story and do not even notice if the author fails to put a hot scene in. Of late, DG has been writing about nice people but the paranoid side of my nature keeps me thinking about what might have been hidden from him...... Slowly I have gotten confident that he is not going to HDK me...

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Saved at the end

I enjoyed this story but was strained trying to make the connection between reading erotic stories and cheating husbands and wives and open marriages. They were all interesting in their own right but didn't seem to apply. I have a problem with a wife welling a husband he can't read sexy stories or look at porn. It bothered me through the whole story until the end where they are reading erotic stories together. That's a great solution. Same for porn. Look for a movie that appeals to both partners. Just because you read about some style of sex or watch a movie of one type or another doesn't mean that's a personal preference. That's something the wife needed to learn and it seems like they worked it out. It was hot to read the scenes where the wife discovers she can be slutty and wild with her husband. When you love and trust each other you can explore and push boundaries, sometimes to surprise yourself as to what you might enjoy. Some good insights while telling the different stories and overall a very enjoyable read.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Taking Pot?

I am sick of people who spout shit and have no idea what they are talking about. Did you watch the movie refer madness one too many times? There is no such thing as a marijuana addiction clinic. That is because there is no such thing as a marijuana addict. If someone does not have the money to buy it they do not go into withdrawal. They do not become thieves to support their habit. They do not start killing people. They wait until they can afford it again. I am speaking of normal people, not the ones who have a variety of other problems. You only have to open your window and look at the houses around you to find a pot smoker. They are your neighbors. Alcohol is the killer. It is what really causes problems. Now I can read the rest of the story.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Reailty...

There are fucked up people on this planet. I think most of us here can differentiate between fantasy and reality. Thats the problem. One persons fantasy might be another's reality. We like to think of these stories as fantasy. Everything written about here has happened, it is happening right now. The sick shit included. That is why there is so much controversy in this category. In my household, I am not alone in reading the stories. My wife and sister-in-law also read. We like to read the stories with conflict. To read about someone else's life exploding from the safety and comfort of your own home, without being involved. You can read a short story and get on with your day. The man in this one did the right thing. Marriage is a two way street, compromise is king if it is going to last. Not stabbing your partner in the back is a close second. As stated in the story, there is no reason to go overboard thinking one thing or another. There is also no reason to go through life with blinders on. Good one. I wonder if this site has caused a divorce for one reason or or another?

StangStar06StangStar06over 13 years ago
DG you're my hero

Great story, I loved it, it was so true in many ways, communication really is the key, but not all of us are fortunate enough or honest enough to do it.

StangStar06

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Communication is the Key.

I guess the other two were happy with their choice. It seems that Sue knew she had thrown up a blockade, and was now doing her best to repair the damage. I liked the idea that after reconsiliation, they joinly went to a site and read stories together.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
I agree 'Communication' most important factor

DG great story and right on the money of what I have wondered.

Of course you express it brilliantly for this reader of stories. A cautionary tale as well. Good comments on this story so far. Communication is the biggest issue that could solve most problems in a relationship. As I am a married reader I see communication as always something you have to work on if you want a long quality marriage. We all change as we age (and write; as a commentor mentioned) its how you communicate those changes (or not) that will keep a quality marriage over time. Of course a quality marriage is defined by the TWO in the marriage so don't let others get into your marriage (a topic for many stories on this site as well). 5 star DG keep writing as you can so I can keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
So-So

3 stars are the best I could do . the communication moral at the end made sense but you lost two stars on the fact that it was too tame a read , and too much attention to the swinger/swapper cockroaches to the point where you really didnt care about the main couple in the story .The main characters just faded into the background , so the reader at the end of the story feels a bit ripped off , after all you do have a rep to uphold . Keep on writing , glad to see you posting more .

JC

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Very Profound

Great story with heart and wisdom, packaged in an enjoyable read. Well said, well written, well done. Thank You!

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 13 years ago
Not the usual

This was certainly not an average LW story. It was okay, but not as graphic as I like.

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
Good story DG

I like the true loving wife stories and the burn the cheating bitch stories. I like it when the wife can keep her legs closed and the husband isn't fucking every slut in town. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
see my comment on revenge

as a comment on your latest effort. ( key words bullet grave lime ) ditto this guy.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Different

But worth the 5*****s I gave it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Hard to follow

So why didn't Marie have the king shit beat out of her? It's the right of a faithful SO to take the life of a cheating SO. Bare hands a pure satisfaction,

bigguy323bigguy323almost 13 years ago
About the only thing I can complain about is that I think the story should be in ROMANCE

Or maybe fairy tales. So, why did he start reading stories in the first place?

I think the answer is obvious, the wife wasn't responding to his overtures. Pretty much like every wife who has been married for more than five years or who has kids.

There's only so much energy in a human body and kids take it all. And, after five years most have dropped from five times a week to once if they are really lucky.

Familiarity and fatigue take their toll on intimate relationships.

I've been with a "few" women and not one had the sex drive of just about any man I've ever known. I guess there must be one woman out there who just LOVES all aspects of sex. It's just not the norm.

So, you'd best have a number of "hooks" to hang a relationship on and not just sex.

Wow, were the hell did that rant come from?

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

I have not not read any wrong DGHear story. I hope he will write more excellent stories in Romance and LW collections too. Thank you and 5 stars.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Reality ought to be better than it usually is -

ROFL - but we all need to remember that fantasy is almost never as good as reality -

Nice work -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This was a good story and I learned things.

I read a lot of porn and sometimes I masturbate. My sex life with my wife ended about 15 years ago since I had ED and she did not want to do oral to stimulate me as she would not swallow and sometimes it made her nauseated on the way to the sink to spit it out. I offered to just do oral to her without demanding anything in return and she chose to not do that. So, I found another lady and we had a very good sex life even though my ED still bothered me a lot (I tried all the pills and other "cures" but they did not work.) We sort of fell in love but I offered to get a divorce and marry her but she refused because it would mess me up with my children and grandchildren. About 18 months ago she decided that she would try to find her a man that she could grow old with and we could still be friends. I do not blame her because she is over 20 years younger than I am. So last year I asked my wife if she would be interested in 'making out' with no actual penetration and she said "I'll think about it and let you know" so she has never let me know anything (that lets me know that she does not want it). So, I read a little porn, jack off about once a week and keep an eye open for an understanding woman that I can have sex (after a fashion) with. That's my reason for reading porn and having sex with other women besides my wife. It would still be too hard on everyone in my family to go with another woman permanently although I did offer to do so with my lady friend of 15 years. She declined again and, although she resented me for not pushing her in 1998 she would not be pushed last year. It is for the best but I am lonely for female companionship. My wife and I are good friends, no sexual activity and we kiss several times A YEAR, LOL. We are old now and I am settling down a lot. But I still read porn and she never says anything. I told her that I masturbate some and she never says a word about it. Oh, well. L

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

nice story! true or not it's reality for most of us I think. While I've never got to the divorce stage things have been difficult and online fantasies haven't helped. When things are good we too sometimes read something together or watch something. All I ever want is to have great sex with my wife. Thanks for a sexy story that also brought a tear to my eye!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
She was having an affair

Got dumped and was feeling guilty so she decided to step up her game with her husband. Happens all the time and the husband is so blind he doesn't see it. What a fool.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Nice

They had a problem and they talked and it was resolved. Simple as that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wise words

talking to each other solves many problems...stop talking and the shit begins...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
"Bob, I love you and realize I've neglected you, and you me. Yes, we can make more time for each other. The last thing I want to do is lose you. I want you to understand that it's you I want, not other men."

Right, the old its YOUR fault I didnt want to fuck you

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Like it

Another good story with a lesson, by DG Hear. Hadn't read one yet that I didn't like.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars

I found this very realistic in some ways .. I will admit that the Ladies in Asia are changing . There are a lot more Ladies in Engineering then ever . I Think that is a Good thing . My Wife has travel with Me to South Korea and the Philippines..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good advice about communications. 4*

BJ

MissMudMissMudabout 1 year ago

A great story with a satisfying ending. Wish my life could have been like Bob’s. My two wives were never that open or willing. Can’t decide if they didn’t love me or I was that stupid and a terrible lover. I’m too old now for it to make any difference. Obviously, I envy Bob. Smart man!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story. Amazing to see how people can screw up their marriages. All three stories showed dead or soulless marriages.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lol at all thr commenters convinced Sue had an affair. Rofl. Projecting their own insecurities and distrust. Then write your own stories. Sue cheating on the MC was NOT in this story. Yeesh.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...