All Comments on 'Recycling'

by Onagerian Surmise

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 16 years ago
Liked it

Nice to read a happy story about people in love. Thanks for writing.

Orion623Orion623over 16 years ago
Nicely Done

Well written. Discovering the potential infidelity while doing a weekly recycling chore was an interesting start. An enjoyable story to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
it's a recycled theme

.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 16 years ago
Nice surprise

Shock!Horror! loving wife story where the wife doesn't cheat, Nice story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
W.T.F.

Nice story, green day or something. Thanks and keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Loved it

Well crafted and articulate.

A delight to find out they had been true to each other.

Extremely good story.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Sweet!

This story left me smiling. It was sweet and passionate and the recycling theme was very creative. Thank you for this story, perfect for the Loving Wives category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Nice work

A good story. Enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
enjoyable read

thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
IT'S LOVING COUPLES AND NOT LOVING WIVES

1.NARRATION IS PROLONGED.WOULD HAVE GIVEN A 100 TO IT HAD IT BEEN PRUNED TO ABOUT 66.66% OF ITS PRESENT LENGTH.

2.STYLE IS COMMENDABLE AND LANGUAGE FLOWING.AT ONE PLACE AFFECT HAS BEEN USED INSTEAD OF EFFECT, WHICH MAY BE PARDONED.

3.THE EXPRESSION IN LARRY'S LETTER IS SIMILAR TO THE NARRATER'S, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN MADE DIFFERENT, FOR THE SAKE OF AUTHENTICITY.ONE FEELS AS IF THE LETTER TOO HAS BEEN WRITTEN BY THE HUSBAND.

4.HOWSOEVER WELL PRESERVED THE LETTER MAY HAVE BEEN,ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN A PAPER ONE WEEK OLD AND MORE THAN 20 YEARS OLD.

WITH BEST WISHES TO THE AUTHOR.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Recommendations for improvement

Ill give this a 75. I thought it was touching and sweet and romantic, but I think the final part where they have sex shouldve been longer, more detailed, and a bit more passionate in order to reflect the emotions generated in the rest of the story. Otherwise a great read.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 16 years ago
An interesting hook to start the story

Well written with good flow to the prose and characters that are realistic, strong in some things, weak in others, flawed but persevering. The author's exploration of what infidelity can do to a strong, mature relationship is nicely done. We feel the husband's pain and experience his fears, know his uncertainties.

<P>

I enjoyed the conclusion as it affirms what is best between a loving couple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

Really enjoyed your story. I couldn't understand why she would cheat but she didn't! I often think, "What would I have done?" My experience is that when doubt is "new" one tends to immediately confront. Later, after several issues have arisen, the hide and investigate mentality comes out. So, I found that section rather weak.

I would leave my name but the login doesn't work for me.

Regards,

Ttom

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
What a fantastic story!

An amazing tale of love and trust. I loved the ending where she waits for him to find the love letter she has written to him..the icing on an already delicious cake. As for the comment regarding lack of descriptive sex??? Well, I liked it, in fact, I almost felt like it should have "faded to black" Thank you for painting a wonderful story of love.

mystery_wondermystery_wonderover 16 years ago
B-E-A-utiful!

Loved it... great story line, great descriptions and just an overall fantasic read. Thank you for the experience!

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Great Story

Well written! Enjoyed the hell out of it

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A Strong Effort - KUDO's Author

A slice of life as it could be and very well written.<P>

You are appreciated - with hopes for more.<P>

With High Regard

Simple49erSimple49erabout 16 years ago
Except it wasn't dated?

Doubt? A letter that clearly refers to a night of sexual passion? Doubt? A weekend with out hubby? Doubt? A letter that was not dated and written in contemporary slang/ephimisms? Doubt? She was not with her friend on the first night of the reunion. Doubt? Trust and doubt are not compatible. HE can deny because he wants her to have been true and honest, but there is doubt. A little canker that can grow and fester in the back of his mind. Every time she is away on a visit somewhere, will she meet someone, meet Larry? Doubt!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
no

Nah don't buy it..if you want this to be true? Awh sh*, I wouldn't have believe it or her story.. Sorry but no.. to far fetched for me..Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
WHAT GARBAGE !

2 SICKENINGLY ROTTEN TO MAKE A COMMENT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Previous three knuckle draggers don't like romance

One of the best romantic stories by a man that I've read in Literotica. Some guys just must not like intelligent prose about feelings and emotions. Some are just beyond redemption so keep on writing such interesting and stimulating ideas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
ok.

ok. i don't belive her fo a second!

demantoiddemantoidabout 13 years ago
What a beautifully written poignant story.

I really enjoyed this gentlly paced story. The tension was terrific and the jumps to conclusions propelled me to deliciously race through this story with great enthusiasm. I thank you for generously allowing me to enjoy your writing talents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
You remember the saying "only his mother could love him" ?

Well,reading this trash I realized that only damentoid could like this shit. And I was right.

GulfMisprintGulfMisprintalmost 13 years ago
Really cute new family tradition

I liked the story and really liked the new recycling tradition they started.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Kinda nice

Well worth the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you

For a wonderful story with the right amount of doubt to keep it moving. Loved the "date missing", sweet. I wish there were more stories like this than the cheating spouses. Thank you.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE MIND PLAYS STRANGE TRICKS

and in doing so damages the ID. TK U MLJ LV NV

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 12 years ago
Fantastic Love Story

Excellent story. It is nice to read one like this on occasion. It would also be funny, if not so sad, to read the comments made by some of the "Knuckle-draggers" (as someone named them). Her entire explanation, as well as your description of her state of mind and reactions, left her story as the only one that could be believed. Very nice job. Thanks and write more!

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Nice Story well written and plausible!

You can't avoid fear and a healthy amount of paranoia when truly in love. This story is a thoroughly explained account of such a grappling with the horrror of loss of a loving relationship.

javmor79javmor79almost 11 years ago

I like the writing style of this author. Very intelligent and sophisticated. I read one comment that said the sex scene should have been longer. I disagree with that. It was perfectly flowing with the feel of the story. It wasn't a raunchy spank piece. This story was really a Loving Wives story. 5 stars. I will look for more of this author's stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
100% Realistic

Truly well written, believable throughout and nice to see a writer compose with mechanics that don't include destruction and wild negativity. Excellent, more requested!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Ah! A truly loving wife

Delivered in a believable, engaging, non-sappy manner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
MORE!

Definitely... you should write more stories. 3 ain't enough!

IGotYurWifeIGotYurWifeover 9 years ago
A tale well told

BUT .... was Larry at the reunion or not? I don't recall Jennifer tell him about the details of the reunion, particularly the first night event. Is Debbie to be believed or was she covering for a tryst between Jen and Larry? Our hero needs independent corroboration of Jan's activities.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Wow

True love lives! Luckily an unintentional mistake did not ruin a great life together. We should all be so lucky.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
I liked the story...Well written and all...but...

I liked the story...Well written and all...but I have to agree with @anon: No way a letter with more than 25 years old would have the looks of a letter just one week old!! The paper, the looks of the paper, the ink, all would seem different...But I also understand the idea of the writer to write a story of true and forever love between a married couple. 3*

patilliepatillieabout 9 years ago
Wow, never saw this eriter til now

Quite good. Nicely done-wish u had a larger portfolio for me to go thru.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 8 years ago
5*

Supurb writing, just superb. For the plot, we assume the letter looks current. There is a way out if he wants to take it. Accept her word. Now, in any case, it's a one time thing (most likely.) the evidence if ambiguous, and loving her, accept a possibly and move on.

Excellent

Chilley

fisheronefisheroneover 7 years ago
Refreshing

It's nice to read a story with intrigue but where love triumphs. It leaves you hanging for a few minutes then it comes together and there love grows.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NFW!

Give me a break already. She lied to him and cheated with her old BF! Divorce the cheater. What more should he do?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not for me

Cleaned out file cabinet all the old papers that were 5years or older were yellowed .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
my view

Is the author intended no deceit on the wife's part, and thus she was telling the truth.

Wonderful romantic story, but to say it is better than DreamCloud's offerings is a stretch.

I believe the author did not recognize or did not think readers would, pick up on the fact paper would look aged.

Also, given her ascribed significance of the letter, she would have unfolded, read, and re-folded letter a number of times, at least the first few years of their relationship.

Absent the obvious evidence of an oft read letter, her story is implausible.

Then again, cannot recall husband mentioning the state of the letter.

So recalling a story by another author, ''Heads or Tails'' I decided to flip a coin. As chance would have it an Evel Kneivel commerative coin, given to me by Bobby himself as our masonry crew building his fence drank drafts from his refrigerated keg in his garage one hot summer day.

By the way, his wife Linda was the most beautiful, charming, and well built woman - those breasts in that halter the one day I was working alone and she came out to tell me my boss was on the phone. Pure elegance and class to put up with him. I never understood that relationship. I also coached youngest son Babe Ruth.

So I flipped coin and it came up wife was truthful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
one line in letter

''When we made love it was as if we had never been apart''

In her explanation she and Larry were still together until that night.

On other hand, the part about it being their last time would indicate an affair of some length, which would be implausible.

Certainly the author deliberately create confusion for dramatic effect, but I doubt writer intended other confusing aspects.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
That was nice

A very good story of a real loving wife. Really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why after

Password forgetful johntwheels@aol why so many stories cry guilty after why do it at all pity duck? don't accept

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

That was lovely! 5***** I have to laugh when I read comments that claim she is a cheater, don't believe the story, etc. That was very realistic.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I thought it was a well done story. A tad off in parts but nothing major.

Usually in these I always wonder why the hubby wimps out and says nothing but in this case it was a well used ploy. Generally it always leads towards the old "I need more info, even though I have 400 hours of video, 12,093 pages of love letters but I need to know more." So thanks for taking whats an overused cliche and make it into something that actually worked.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5*

This is a loving romance. Being in LW many expect the doom gloom and revenge. I am fond of the LW stories that let you wonder bit in the end show truly loving couples. Great plot and a happy ending.

Thanks for sharing!

DP

ProfesseurXProfesseurXalmost 2 years ago

This one hit close to home. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow, wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unique and well written.

Optimistic7Optimistic79 months ago

I really liked this.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lovely. Really well written. Plot had no holes. 5 blazing stars!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

And at no point did she stop to consider how it would look if the husband ever came across that undated letter? That's quite the dumb thing to do. Of course, it's LW, where dumb wives roam free, so I suppose it's completely in-character. Anyway, nice to see that she is in fact an actual loving wife.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Refreshing story! She is a true loving wife!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous