All Comments on 'Recycling Day'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
it was a good story

but why does the husband have die, the wife should have kicked the bucket.........5*

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Morbid ( but well written ) Flash Story !

I could never accept this arrangement,but know there are those who do. To me, it's better to be alone then tantalized by this kind of woman who professes to love you but can't ' make love ' to you. How do men stay sane in arrangements parrallel to this ?

Regardless, this is a solid story & if it were longer, I'd 5 star it. Charlie Brown, Lucy & the quest to kick that damm football find literary expression. Cute.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
was not sure at first

but thinking about it i gave it a 5. real emotion.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Emotional

Great story. Really tugs at your heart strings. When it's time to go it can't get better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I guess she found out.....

That if you don't use it, you really will lose it. Too bad she didn't show him how much she valued him during his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
the betrayer

he smoked a meaty cock, his cornhole was buggered, betrayed!

oldwayneoldwayneabout 12 years ago
Surprisingly good!

Five Stars!

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
WOW AND HO BOY

a cumming, a courtin, and a goin....simultaenously. PLUGGED IN TO THE END, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What?

Why the hell is anonymouse constantly uttering something about smoking a meaty cock? He ought to pull his head out of his ass and say something intelligent.

green117green117about 12 years ago
Good Story

Seemed a bit ambiguous about the dream/real sequence, but that makes it a bit more interesting.

As for the anonymouse just before me who asks about another anonymouse... either 1. we are getting to BBQ season and the guy is looking ahead or 2. the homosexuality of the smoking anonymouse is not accepted by the mouse, and (almost certainly he) is flogging the group about it.

Ignore it - look for useful comments and let the idiots rot in their own bile.

Greensomething

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Well written

All of us who have marriages threatening to reach the fifty year mark can hear echoes and see clouds in this story. Thus I have to recognize the quality of the composition...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
too much too little too late.

great story

Rossini12Rossini12about 12 years ago
Different for sure...

An older version of 'what a way to go'. Intriguing idea and well written.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
awfully truly awful

just another dumb fuck who cant see what things mean and why

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
if he used his brain ...he might STILL be alive

50 years of shutting him down and making up excuses. Now suddenly she wants sex..so I guess thats that. He never aak WHY NOW?

Have a fried of mind in the SAHD group here in central VA.... (SAHD) STAY AT HOME DAD. Went through the same thing. Sex 3 or 4 tmes a year... one time he went 17 months without having any sex or contact from his wife. House was was always clean... he always made wonderful dinners... laundry done. Kids happy... disapers changed... school work done. His wife's friends were crazy over him..

but when it came time to the bed room. Nothng.

He was in agony for over a decade. The kids turned older ... still nothing. and he too could not cheat. Until one day my friend and I talked... he was crying .. LITERALLY ...into his beer. So I told him. The reason WHY his wife will not have sex with him more than once every 4 or 6 or 8 months is...

She doesnt want to.

Its not a matter of being turned off or ":not in the mood" for tonight or a few days or a week. But a decade?

It does not make a difference how supportive of her you are... how perfect the 3 kids are... she does not want you as a man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
good story

Harry in va hit it, Why was she hot this day? That part made no sense. But otherwise it's an homage to I think many peopel who loved some one who had a drastically different sex drive them them, and sumerged their lust and suffered, but felt that they came out well on the whole.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 12 years ago
He died in his dream

She did not fuck him. She had not changed. He dreamed of the one thing he wanted at the end of his life. He dreamed, he came, he died. And her response was the same as always. What about what I want. I may be wrong. I gave this *****.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Thanks

For Sharing.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 12 years ago
Classic Mature

This is a perfect story to put in the Mature category. (because LIT doesn't have a Post-Mature category!) She was clearly a 'Cheating Wife', just not in the usual sense! Hope it was good to get a good 'last one' in! Agree that, if he could think, there was still life, but if THAT part isn't 'suspended reality' then we don't have this nice story (and Hubby doesn't get in a 'last one!')

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 12 years ago
Good funny tazz...

...this was a little undeveloped but interesting up till the point where the math kicks in. Shouldn't have gone for 50 years married. Guys in there forties seize too.

estragonestragonabout 12 years ago
Inventive

I have to think that stranger things happen in RL than ever happen in stories. DaYeKen always tells an interesting story, and makes you believe what he's saying. Good work.

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 12 years ago
Too true

unfortunately. Too many spouses are self-centered to the point of not even being able to give of themselves to their "partner". The wife in this story was like that and he was crazy to stay and accept the treatment she was so stingy with.

My first wife was a lot like her and has been alone now for thirty years.

cpetecpeteabout 12 years ago
well done

nice tale. Seems close to home for a lot of posters!

thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Painful story to some

One Nonny mouse said it right, along with Harry. Some women are just not much interested in sex, especially after their children are born. A lot are just not interested in having sex with their husband. Most of them will do their wifely duty every so often, but once the husband realizes she is just a hunk of meat to be used...the husband doesn't want it or enjoy it anymore.

Wives do let you know in various non-verbal ways they are uninterested in sex, as well as vocally, and we all know them don't we? I cannot answer why I myself never left or cheated on this woman, because I feel that I have been betrayed in some unloving way all these years. My wife justs murmurs she is sorry and looks away without discussing it. She knows I am unhappy about it but then she is everything in other ways to us and after all, we have stroke stories and videos don't we? Really, what is so funny to me is this: My wife would never think of cheating with another man. I mean, she would have to like sex to do that! Just another testimonial guys...add it to the collection. I understand women have the same problems with men desiring them!

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Read all the comments and have to agree there are lots of women, particularly post menopause that are just not interested in sex. Everything else is fine, like living with a friend without benefits. Divorce is very expensive and you worked years to get financial security, so after a while you decide that sex is overrated, just keep saying it.

Hotfoot222Hotfoot222almost 12 years ago
For better or worse

No sex, thus friends without benefits...Someone else said that...But when you marry someone, 'better or worse', this is the worse. Why is it that the men must give up what they want, need, because of a unilateral decision by the woman that they, the woman, doesn't want sex...But, go out have have a little of the wife will not give you, and there is hell to pay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
No right and wrong here

Just two sets of interests and desires, which are incompatible. Years ago, they should have lovingly and respectfully parted, and moved on. The seductive trap in staying together is that they get to blame each other instead of taking responsibility for their own happiness.

dairetodairetoalmost 11 years ago
How lovely

I really enjoyed that, what a beautiful story

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
Intresting story

If you listen to Dan Savage, sexual compatibility it everything, and maybe it is now a days. But 50 years ago, it wasn't. Can you imagine a time when you could not find out how to have anal sex without pain? A time when sex, even with condoms meant a real chance of pregnancy. A time when the economic cost of raising children meant the dampening down of sex. So frankly most marriages were based on a lot of things with sex being a smallish portion. In fact, one of the points often made on this site is that even a single infidelity condemns the (formerly) loved one to hell. That person's marriage was based on sex, not a life together.

One could suggest that the male should have masturbated to keep 'using it'. but evidently did not, and persons with heart conditions should not take viagra. It was a good marriage inspite of it's problems, because both thought it good enough and chose not to end it.

Everyone married 50 years wishes the spouse were different in some way or another. Reality is not perfection.

really liked the story

.

Chilley

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

You nearly brought tears to my eyes. It is hauntingly close to my own circumstances. Five stars.

Sam37Sam37over 10 years ago
Frighteningly familiar

Thankfully, we've been working to improve things recently.

Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
enjoyed

passage of married life... Having re read several times I still come up with other courses of the marriage... a dream yes 5 stars

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Five Stars

Five stars because it sounds so much like my marriage.

I love my wife dearly, and I KNOW she loves me, but she has become pretty much asexual, and would be just as happy if I never tried to have sex with her again.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Other Thoughts

@Harryin VA and @Anonymous 05/13/12– It was in his DYING DREAM that she wanted him, she never changed!

@Hotfoot222 – Not only would there be Hell to pay if he looked elsewhere, but if HE lost interest or whatever, everyone would say she did right in looking elsewhere.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
too close for comfort

been there, was smart enough to leave before it killed me.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
CUMMING AND GOING

the only way to go. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still love it. Still a favorite. This is so poignant.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago

And it still hits close to home.

VapspegeoVapspegeoover 7 years ago
Title says sexless Marriage

I'm confused by the title and what was talked about with the Doctor about use it or lose it. They have sex one morning and he passes away and has a out of body experience. Then he asked to be paired with someone attracted to him. He just had sex with her once and died after he had sex with her. If she wasn't having sexual relations with him very often maybe he should count himself lucky.

If her sex was so good it killed him maybe he didn't really want to have sex with her! Hell what's her address she'll need a new partner she's without a doubt every heterosexual mans dream but 😸?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
He did his time in Hell here on earth...

John was married to a woman he found irresistible; so irresistible in fact, he couldn't leave her even though she'd denied him sex for many, many years. During the night, he had a wet dream, a dream about how good it was back when she wanted sex as much as he did. Probably died of a heart attack or stroke because of how excited he became during the dream.

She wakes up in her usual grumpy mood, finally realizes John's dead, finally realizes she's been taking him for granted, and finally realizes it's too late, he's gone. His "spirit" is watching from the corner of the room. John asks God if, next time, could He match him up with someone who loves him as much as he loves her.

He was finally able to leave her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
COMMENTS

...are better than the story.

Paul in Oklahoma

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Yeah

what LSD said.

Thinking man has an interesting take as well.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great

Great little story of chances missed. You don't realize what you had until it's gone.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Wonderful story. Great Flash.

Very original (as are most DYK stories).

But... I don’t know, it didn’t quite pull me in enough to care about the character. I’m not sure what would have short of another page of writing. If it had been able to happen with this short a story, or a just a few more paragraphs, I’d up grade this from great Flash to Awesome Flash. 4-Stars.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
FOR D Y K

was this a portion for your Auto-Biography. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I can relate.

Wish I’d said this prayer a long time ago.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The ONLY way to go!

GoattimeGoattimeover 1 year ago

Quite a sad story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Perfect except I didn't really understand the last line as I thought they loved each other although she didn't want sex very much.

51Woodie51Woodieabout 1 year ago

Wow...... this IS my life now, except for the dying part

A decent bj once a month but nothing else. Depressing to see it in print but we'll told

TheOldStudTheOldStud12 months ago

Wonderfully true story...Thank You!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Trailer trash

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 2 months ago

What a beautiful story. 5 stars from Xluckylee again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Fantasy and hope. '...do not go quietly into the night?'

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...

SIMILAR Stories