All Comments on 'Renaissance Faire Ch. 01'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
I'm not sure where this is going...

... but I'm along for the ride.

Strong opening.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Long haul

Short,pretty good first chapter, but seems trouble is coming. I'll stay with you for a while to see where you go with your story.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 4 years ago
Legal Issues

Just FYI... An inheritance by one of the spouses in a marriage stays with that individual (ring fenced) and does not become matrimonial property as long as it isn't co-mingled with Matrimonial assets. "Contracting Out" agreement (Pre-nupt) not required. Both Wills and Pre-nupts are actually quite weak methods of protecting assets. Use Trusts instead.

northbaybearnorthbaybearover 4 years ago

I've read lots of Lit stories over many years. I don't recall ever seeing story content referred to as 'B', 'BtB', and 'RAAC.' What do those mean?

#2. Can you really picture a potential reader of any story caring about a story tag called 'metallurgy'? I don't.

Imoverit41Imoverit41over 4 years ago
Okay, I'm hooked...

Asshole... You had my eyes burning for a minute when he danced with his mom at the reception. You pulled the heart strings hard on that one. The character Isobel seems a bit toffee-nosed. Look forward to her reckoning. Great story so far. Thank you!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"The chapters are not the same length. Some are short, just under 1 page, while others close to 3 pages." - The good news: You're not starting off with a nothing single-page chapter. and are telling us what to expect. The bad news: You're not giving us any indication of how long we'll have to wait for the last chapter; and you STILL plan one page chapters! Why not add that "just under 1-page chapter" with the chapter preceding or following? You can title it Ch 03-04, with chapter headings inside.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

I posted my earlier comment after only reading the intro. You HAVE internal chapter headings, so why do you need to post chapters separately if some are very short?

"making almost as much as some first-year engineering students" - Nitpick: I don't think first-year engineering STUDENTS make much! Maybe that should be "graduates?"

I can predict that when his marriage to Debbie implodes, and it will, he'll end up with Kate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Well, you've certainly sparked my interest. Why do I foresee Debbie cheating on him, and Kate coming back into his life to rescue him?

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago

This has started off OK, but you shouldn't have tipped your hand on the lead in. Will look forward to tomorrow.

jmmj5jmmj5over 4 years agoAuthor
Other chapters are finished and coming

Sorry for the delay. All 7 chapters were sent back to me. When I resubmitted, I only resubmitted chapter 01 to see if there was some other problem I needed to fix in the remaining chapters. I've just resubmitted all of them. Thank you for the view and your patience.

Anonymous2019Anonymous2019over 4 years ago
I'm hoping that breaking it into chapters will make it more 'digestible.'

So you broke it up to make it 'more digestible? In other words it's long winded and never needed to be that long, less then a page for a chapter? Not worth our time.

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Nice soft introduction to the story.

It seems that the return of Katie seems guaranteed in the coming chapters. I am wondering if a minstrel is going to lead Debbie off the path...

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Worth it

Interesting opening chapter makes me want to see where you go with it.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
LW???

No cheating to start the series?? Good so far, but wondering when it gets painful for Rob. I can empathize with Robs pain from losing a parent...

russ603russ603about 4 years ago
Grammar and editing detract from your story

The grammar usage and editing errors detract a great deal from what appears to be a very good story developing.

NitpicNitpic6 months ago
Begining

Begining to get overloaded with characters.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I really like the way you populate your story.

I enjoy watching the growth of a human community that I think we all can relate to.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories