All Comments on 'Retro'

by Fredoberto

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Emotional warfare

Interesting take on a case of mental illness (his).

R.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 4 years ago
Mental Abuse

There is a huge difference between sharing and discussing past intimate situations with previous lovers and using that information to berate and belittle your partner. Great story with a great ending. Well... an almost ending. So, what did husband do next? Divorce? or what? Cheers.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago

“Her past became my present.” What an apt description of wallowing in the morass of images your imagination concocts and projects into the mind’s eye. Well done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nope, not mad

Just busy packing to move

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Self-fulfilling prophecy...

Ultimately, he was too immature and clearly not ready to be in a serious relationship.

Kinda sad that the author had to turn Sheila into a slut, though - she was clearly the victim here, but it's quite impossible to feel any sympathy towards her, after her final act. I get she wanted to taught him a lesson... but what would be the point, except for being as cruel to him as he may have been to her? And now, he can claim that she was directly responsible for their breakup - sure, her adultery may not have been the main reason behind their separation, but, for most people, that would be all they'll need to hear to put her as the bad guy here. Sometimes, simply walking away from a bad relationship, with your self-respect intact, is all the punishment you'll need to dish out. Too bad Sheila didn't felt that way.

'Would be interesting to learn whether or not the MC grew up some in his next serious hookup. A sequel I probably wouldn't mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Geez. Didn't expect that ending!

Wow, I expected him coming home to an empty house. I guess now the divorce will take place but rather than her going for mental cruelty, which she could he will counter with adultery.

He was horrible but her reaction was killer.

gordo12gordo12over 4 years ago

Well done in so few words. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Not sure this fits into cuckold genre or dumb shit genre.

He had a great relationship then pissed all over it. As for packing I bet she already did and already has the papers ready. James is just there as a prop.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Well, he asked for it!

History is what it is, it doesn’t need to be repeated. He just reminded her why she enjoyed James so much more than what he was offering.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Don't quite get the point of this on, so I'll pass on it.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 4 years ago
Quite a statement.

Lesson learned I hope. A message in capital letters, underlined in red.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Well, there you go. Turned out he had a reason to be worried about her past with James after all. Or at least she decided to prove it, rather than do the honorable thing and insist he get over it or she was leaving him.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
James

Hope she really cares for James. She is stuck with him now.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago

He probably shouldn't have gotten married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
he has issues- but she has problems!

he can work on his issues with time and therapy. but she went nuclear over his insecurities. he only started arguments with her over it. a fairly mild reaction to his issues. she only pretended to care and understand because her later reaction was over the top, and insane.

most sane people would give him an ultimatum, "get professional help, because I cannot handle the constant accusations. I will leave you if you don't get your shit together".

her reaction was to mentally and emotionally scar a man with insecurity issues. now he'll be haunted with that reality, it will no longer be, 'just in your head'. it'll be real now. he'll need a lot more therapy, and an even MORE patient partner in the future. and we don't know how dangerous 'bearded man' is. we also understand how normal a physical confrontation is when provoked the way she's provoking him. it's dangerous, and for no other reason than, 'he just kept bugging me'.

she's 100% toxic for how she handled that stress. she felt entitled to hurt, belittle, and punish him for something he needed help with. we don't punish people like that. we get them help, or leave them. how does she expect him to react? think about that. did she want to break his soul, force him to lash out at either of them, or just learn to never trust people ever again? or did she just want to hurt him like a spoiled child that cannot handle how to deal with difficult people, and simply lashes out at them?

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 4 years ago
Excellent

He became a controlling, jealous asshole, obsessed with her sexual past, prying for information he had no right to: Her parting spit in his face was to show him his obsession as she bailed on the shit show her marriage had become.

Hopefully he’ll grow to adulthood before he remarried.

rodryder44rodryder44over 4 years ago
Retro James

Great story. I agree with the majority of the complaints. But in truth, Shelia was still on her hands and knees getting fucked by James and hubby was a bystander. End of story. What he did to Shelia, or did no do, will never be known because that's the way Fredoberto wrote it.

Anyone can ask Fred if he would allow another writer to finish the story. I normally go for additional chapters to keep a story going, but respect Fred's right to keep this one untouched.

yowseryowserover 4 years ago

Odd exploratory tale

The instability, and inherently dangerous nature of the triad, has dented more than one relationship. A daring, if only partly successful venture, but handled in an extraordinary economy of words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good one

Short, to the point, demonstrates a logical conclusion to obsessive groundless jealousy. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!

Grammaticus

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Retroberto...

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
WHAT A WAY TO GIVE A PAYBACK

will he ever learn and leave the past where its supposed to stay. TK U MLJ LV NV

jsch1947jsch1947almost 4 years ago
Moron

He got just exactly what he asked for.

Kudos to her. She reached her limit and called bullshit

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 4 years ago
Perfect

Succinctly in his face

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
A great story idea wasted

Reads like a school writing assignment. Was this a flash entry?

racfguyracfguyover 3 years ago

This guy was a fuckin' idiot.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Funny as hell but there is a lesson in there for us spouses. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Funny

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Meh

No hymen no diamond. Simple as tbh fams.

RodzzzRodzzz8 months ago

This anecdote had no business being written by an author of your calibre. You should've left it for the lesser ones.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFredoberto@Fredoberto
Born many years ago in Glasgow, Scotland. Travelled the world, lived and worked in several countries and survived so far.