Return to Sender

Story Info
It's always important to give back.
704 words
4.29
79k
67
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Placing the last bag of my wife's clothing on top of the large pile occupying my in-laws living room, I was reminded once again that new-borns do not travel lightly.

My father-in-law, Michael turned to me with a smile: "Bad luck you having to travel for work so soon after little Gregory's birth but Marie and I are happy to have them here..."

I briefly returned his smile as my wife gingerly made her way into the room. Only three days since the C-section delivery Lexi looked tired but beautiful. The wan smile she turned to me let me know exactly how much this little move had taken out of her. She gratefully allowed her mother to help her into the upholstered recliner I had carried in only minutes previous, her sigh of contentment letting me know she planned on spending a great deal of time there during my absence.

I took in the scene in front of me, my wife and newborn surrounded by doting parents.

"Michael", I said somewhat loudly, bringing three sets of curious eyes up to meet mine' "Do you remember what you said at our wedding when the minister asked "who gives this woman to be married?""

Michaels' eyes briefly dimmed in recollection as he replied, a smile on his genial face..."Of course I remember Jarrod, it was one of the proudest moments of my life...I said "Her mother and I do.""

Marie and Lexi joined Michael with matching smiles at they joined him in this happy reminisce.

I allowed the moment to drag for a bit before speaking bluntly: "Well I'd like to return her."

All three smiles briefly faltered before Michael and Marie broke into laughter. The complete lack of emotion in my delivery and my continued silence slowly brought their mirth to a halt.

"What are you talking about Jarrod?" asked Michael, his expression more one of curiosity than concern.

Instead of answering I simply pulled my IPhone out of my pocket and hit a play button...

Michaels' eyes widened as he heard his own voice coming out of the small speaker...

"Mrs. Frizzell said she saw you having dinner with Aaron Stender last night..."

Lexi's voice followed clearly..."It was just dinner Dad..."

"Married for less than a month and you are out with the boy who almost ruined your life...are you crazy..."

"It was just dinner" interrupted Lexi firmly, "Aaron just wanted the chance to say good-bye properly and with all of the wedding craziness we couldn't get together beforehand."

"You had better be careful" Michaels' voice warned, "If Jarrod finds out..."

Lexi cut him off: "Jarrod won't find out and I have no intention of ever seeing Aaron again so you can relax..."

I placed my phone back in my pocket as the recording came to an end.

"Surely you're not going to leave my daughter over a single date that happened almost ten months ago" Michael asked incredulously...his wife and daughter seemingly equally shocked as they sat behind him.

"No" I responded quietly..."only a lunatic would leave his wife over a single date with an EX-lover..." I made sure to put emphasis on the EX as I turned my gaze slowly to the small crib holding a new-born baby.

Two sets of eyes slowly followed mine, widening in growing horror as the realization of what I was saying finally settled in.

As for my soon to be ex-wife, her face was buried in her hands, silent sobs shaking her entire body as the real reason for the sudden move to the in-laws hit her. I took in the scene once more, finally allowing the sadness I had been holding back wash over me. All of my hopes and dreams over before they had even begun.

I turned to the door. "The rest of her stuff will be coming with the movers later today. Please understand that as far as I am concerned our relationship and marriage is null and void. I have no desire to talk to your daughter ever again and I would appreciate it if you would convince her to simply sign the divorce papers when they arrive."

And with that I moved out the door to start all over again.