All Comments on 'Riley's Bar Ch. 09'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 67 Comments
bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
I enjoyed the tale.

It looks like no one else did..... Obviously the wimp patrol got as tired out along the way as the people who like to complain about STD and multiple relations. Personally I found Rob as a good study in the nature of a human being. I just wonder what Sue`s husband will say if she gets involved!

<P>

Elaine was trying in all ways to lie her way out of the hole she dug. She does not realize the significance of her motel visits. She did because she wanted to and not because anything was forcing her and she betrayed her husband and her new religon at the same time!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 14 years ago
Perhaps JPB doesn't really hate women?

That thought will disappoint more than a few, so they probably won't agree. This story showed a different side of our prolific friend. JPB hates cheating, not women! Good job!

JimSensesJimSensesabout 14 years ago
Needs something like an epilogue

I really liked the story but in the end he ends up giving his cheating wife money anyway and the lawyer gets away with illegal activities. I would send the material to all members of the church, the people that annoyed his ex just for fun, and the state bar association expecially since everything on his side has been finalized.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 14 years ago
Nice little story

Rob is stumbling around after two poor relationships where he tried doing the "right" thing, building a stable relationship. But that not working out he has some valid questions about the nature of relationships. There are a bunch of lemons out there and a bunch of people who are basically good people but still manage to screw things up badly. Rob discovers a nice little bunch of misfits at the bar. The various hookups were interesting and erotic. <br>

I do have a bit of a problem with Candy. There are a bunch of names for women who come on to men and then cut them off. She was very casual about her dismissal of him. He had every right to expect better. She sees him all the time in the bar and talks to him and she doesn't know there is no spark by now? So she goes on one date and then slams the door in his face. She's a cold bitch but probably not worth the time to worry about. <br>

Elaine's story kind of closed the loop on things but was almost anticlimactic. Let's see, she was a dummy who got linked into a cult like group and abandoned her husband for them and a smarmy lawyer as her lover. But we knew that already. She's sorry. Yeah, well that and a buck will..... He's basically a nice guy and helps her out now that he's out of the mess. He paid a big price and no one else really seems to be suffering for what they did to him. Not much justice in that. Of course not all resolutions are just.

Nice story.

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago

Good tale That I have enjoyed reading.

I didn't get the Candy episode. She had more than enough time to know if there was a spark or not.

As for Elaine No one forced her to do shit! Her bla, bla, bla was nothing but bullshit! Excuses for her being a cheating slut.

As for Rob and leslie when he bangs Marge and Susan I guess he has permission from Leslie and they don't consider it cheating. A complicated relationship this will be. It would be interesting to know how long this type of relationship can last.

Thanks for writing.

mike2710mike2710about 14 years ago
Thanks

Good series thanks for the entertainment, sort of wondering how many more to go before you wrap it up. Thanks again. Mike from Texas

sam8939sam8939about 14 years ago
Riley's Bar

Hi Bob,

Wish you would get back to this---it's a pretty good series, would like to see the rest of it

SC

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754about 14 years ago
I second HardDaysKnight

Maybe Bob does not hate women afterall.

I really enjoyed this series. Very well thought out and very realistic. I hope you have more stories like this one coming soon.

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
I'm a bit underwhelmed.

When I saw that JPB had done a multi chapter story, I expected something like Rhenquist or DanielSteele. Unfortunately it was a long list of sex without story or much character development at all.

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
But let me add

You can do better then this!

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I gave this chapter 5*****s.

However, while it is very good story, most of the story was nothing but a series of boring new girl relationships.

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959over 12 years ago
Good job! Worthy effort!

The perfectionist in all of us says we can do a little better, but this is a good saga. There *is* some character development, despite others' comments. Several of the characters describe their motivations, and some change their actions, if not their viewpoints.

I can see a man being buffeted by events, trying to get his bearings while setting a few non-negotiable rules. He encounters an unusual "alternate universe" in Riley's Bar that has more than its share of both sexual opportunity and unusual situations. It's possible to indntify Riley's as an alternate universe and realistic at the same time, because such alternate universes do exist in reality - it's just that most of us never encounter most of them.

At the risk of offending JPB, I'll also say that this, in my opinion, is one of the best of his hundreds of stories. The wimp stories are not my cup of tea, and many of his stories are not as well-written as this one.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Not worth the time to read.

This was just a series of fucks of various kinds. I really wanted to read a story.

On the positive side: I didn't see any of those common errors (they're instead of their / or your instead of you're).

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 12 years ago
Ugh!

I'm sorry I wasted my time reading this. It was just a bunch of cameos, loosely stitched together. Absolutely no depth for a story this long. I kept hoping for a break through. No such luck.

JPB is capable of much better, but recently he is trying to prove otherwise.

saratusaratuabout 12 years ago
Your stories are leaving me totally,,,,

without any hope for you what so ever. E S A D !!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
You Would Think After 2 Horrifically Failed Marriages That He Would Pass On Leslie

After everything he'd been through, he's willing to settle for a woman who admits he's not enough to be with? Isn't that kind of a waste of 9 chapters?

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
I didn't care for this story

It started out really good but then it kind of downhill from there.... It was more about how many sluts he can bang than his brain wash, brain dead moron of an ex-wife... I wanted to see the lawyer pay for screwing his wife , for running his marriage & for trying to turn his life upside down. It seems to me that rob was not very secure in his manhood which would explain the different sluts every day. I don't know why after two failed marriages would he get involved with leslie ? Obviously his taste/choice in women aren't very good. I didn't care to read 9 pages of bullshit.... I feel sorry for Elaine, if she would've just do like everyone else do when Jehovah's witnesses coming pestering others she'e still be married & happy but instead she's jobless, homeless & divorced....

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 12 years ago
This long drawn out crap was like the TV show "Seinfeld"...

a "story about nothing". Again, just like "Seinfeld", it had a shitty ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It Is Fiction

JPB stories are for entertainment only. They shouldn't be taken seriously. It was over the top but a fun read.

Dubby49Dubby49over 11 years ago
Montrose

got off lightly. Rob felt enough for Elaine to bail her out. He should have finished off Montrose for causing her grief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Jehovah's witnesses

Good story but you really should do a little more research on your material. Jehovah's Witnesses are like many Christan denominations and believe strongly that the only grounds for divorce is adultery. There's no way they'd be pushing someone to divorce a spouse simply because they aren't a Witness. My best friend's mother has been one since he was 16 (over 20 years) and her husband isn't. They have been happily married that entire time. The difference in their beliefs does cause a little friction at times but they have no issue working through it and her church certainly doesn't cause her issues over her being married to a non believer. Many Witnesses are.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
One of you best, Bob, IMO.

A plot, a lot of sex, no willing cuckolds, no BDSM and a few other things I don't like did not appear in this story. As a person who was raised by religious fanatics let me tell you that there are a lot of fanaticism in some Jehovah's Witnesses, SDAs, Hardshell Baptists and many other CULTS. Also a TON of hypocrisy. Some of the afore-mentioned sects have preachers (won't honor them by calling them ministers) who are cock hounds and many of them don't draw the line with younger females (and probably males, what do I know?) and I personally know one that walked around naked in front of his granddaughters (and saw nothing wrong with it when confronted). I could name names of the guilty individuals and the church involved but it would not accomplish anything and would damage the ones in the church that are NOT fanatics and fornicators. I know one church that let a confessed abuser of his four adopted sons take them from somewhere in the South to California because he said that he had prayed to God and that God had forgiven him and that the church members should, also. They let him move on to CA "for the good of the church". So, nothing you write about any church will cause me to cast aspersions on you for writing it. Just think, this man's sons probably grew up to be child molesters or other types of criminal and all these church people that let him go are felons and will be punished for their sins. (See, all that fanaticism did not leave me, after you get it shoved down your throat for seventeen years you can't get away from some of it). End of rant, thank you for this greatly entertaining story. Lamar

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Damn

I was hoping that our hero was going to get involved with a woman he could love and cherish and build a family and grow old together. I was disappointed. No happy ending here. Just more kinky sex which is all well and good, except now the tale had no point to it. Overall a good series but a tiny bit disappointing.

Just my two cents.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago

Enjoyed it up to the ending. Thanks for the offering.

johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesover 9 years ago
Another...

... JPB fun romp with just a hint of the kissing cousins. Thanks... I think JPB writes way more than I read. I'll never catch up.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 9 years ago
Ugh!

I kept reading it to see how it ended. What a waste of my time! Awful.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
One of JPB's

better efforts, but I don't believe he built a good case for our hero to wind up with any of these women. He should have learned his lesson and started looking elsewhere. Hell, Elaine would have been a better choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Geez Bob! The guy was on his way to rebuilding his life!

And now you saddle him with a bi-sexual slut like Leslie? And her lover Marge who can't stand him? What the hell kind of messed up ending was that???!!! Leslie was right. They were over before they started. What magically changed about his attitudes towards cheating and his being a "one woman at a time" kind of guy? I think you ended it this way just to piss off the readership. I hope he used the pictures to divorce Leslie and give her nothing! UGH!

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Where this story fails

The author set the 'goal', the 'point' of the story. Rob and Elaine. That was the conflict.

As a general rule of writing, every single chapter should have something to do with that conflict. And it SHOULD be a conflict. They should be fighting tooth and nail. He should be bloodied by the conflict. HE, the protagonist, needs to care.

This clown didn't care about jack shit. He gets tossed in jail for 142 days? Shrug! He loses his wife? Shrug! He loses his steady girl friend? Shrug! He gets trapped under a bed for a couple hours as a guy fucks his WIFE and he was set up to take a beating or be arrested and what is his reaction? Starts with an 'S' and ends in an 'hrug'.

If he doesn't care about anything that happens to him, why the fuck should I?

The only inkling I got that he cared about anything is when Candy shot him down. THEN he cared...but after 5 minutes of thought, he shrugged it off as a self referential 'I am not God's Gift to Women' (As a point of writing, I really liked that bit of self awareness. It was one of the high points of the story)

Compare this to Rob and (Insert Woman's Name here) where they got into SUCH a cage match that he burned down the silly bitch's house (the flaw in THAT story is SHE never gave a single iota of caring about their relationship save a wistful sign or two. Sigh)

This story started with setting up the 'fight'...then ignored it so Rob could go fuck essentially ever single female character who is introduced. Fight...fuck...fuck...fuck...little fight...fuck...fuck...end of fight, he is declared winner by the audience leaving not caring...and fuck some more while a guy who hates cheating lets his SO cheat on him.

This is not rocket science.

Now, compared to some of the histrionic cry babies I see written by other authors, who are SO FUCKING DEPRESSED because their wife fucks around, in some ways JPB's heroes are a pleasant distraction. "I have an identity further than the vagina I am pair bonded to".

BUT...there is that caring thing. JPB tends to go TOO aloof. So much so that this story is always a slog to get through after chapter 3. We went from fight to sexual odyssey and then tacked the end of that fight back on because...JPB got tired of writing.

In fact...public service announcement! Read up to chapter 3 and then drop back in around chapter 6. The rest you can ignore as 'Rob fucks around with women violating his character and principles in ample ways'.

And really Bob...if you are going on this long meander through his mass of panty trophies, you should at least DESCRIBE the sex so the tallywackers have something out of this story that the readers aren't getting.

BUT...it is certainly better than the Wedding Planner, your nadir of a story. And most of your stuff is MUCH BETTER than this one.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago

Thanks for the effort. I agree with the previous comment. A big so what.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ending

What kinda shit ending was tht!? Can't believe I wasted all tht time for the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Duh

What a waste of time. The ending sucked the big one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nah

It was entertaining enough and you DID finish the story for once. You missed one trick: after the evil lawyer hosed his fallen bride, he should have sent the goodies to the bar association. Never miss an open shot at a lawyer! 5 stars. JPR

grriz1grriz1over 6 years ago
A bit drawn out

I thought the story was a bit drawn out but I stayed with it. I liked where you finally wondering up with the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
He should have,

Blackmailed the lawyer into paying Elaine a monthly allowance until she was back on her feet.

And then turned him in to the Bar Association for sleeping with his cliant, etc, etc, etc.

The lawyer deserved to pay for his sins with more than just money. He raped, he ignored his client's instructions, he lied to the client several times...... he should pay.

Or maybe no money, just his law lisence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Now I Know How White Trash Live

Rob says he made $9,000 over 21 weeks. That's $428 a week or $1,840 a month. How the fuck does anyone live on that? Forget that, how does a court award $1,200 alimony when his pay is $1,840. Shit how can he afford $600 alimony.

I know this is going to make me sound like an ass to the blue collar crowd, but I honestly don't know these kind of people. Not a single one of them with an education. Just a bunch of people going through life without thinking anything out and just reacting and doing shit. Almost like a ball in a pinball machine just getting bounced from one end to the other to get to the end as opposed to actually thinking things out to get a more direct course.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
CHOOSING UP SIDES

not knowing the game or the players, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
My wife

Is a Jehovah's wittness and I have a truce .They don't bother me and vice versa. But over the years I have picked up a few things and one of them is that they are as serious as it gets when it comes to fidelity.

Any infidelity and you are excommunicated , period.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You're Right, You're An ASS!

To Anonymous 03/13/18

"Now I Know How White Trash Live

I know this is going to make me sound like an ass to the blue collar crowd, but I honestly don't know these kind of people. Not a single one of them with an education."

I'm on Social Security and live on $824 a month asshole.

How do I do it? I made sure I had no debts when I turned 65. My home is paid for, I save up each year so I can pay my taxes and my 2007 truck is paid for. And I have an education, I graduated from high school. I didn't go to college because my parents couldn't afford it and I didn't want to go into debt up to my eyeballs.

I worked all my life doing jobs that assholes like you won't do. I've picked fruit, dug ditches, cleaned toilets, did a lot of cash only work (which is why my SS is low), I wasn't afraid to get my hands or the rest of me dirty to do whatever I had to do to make ends meet. I've had a good life and had a good wife who I miss everyday. I have no regrets. I'm doing fine and you will always be an ASS!

By the way JPB, great story! 5*

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
No

Ended up as just a colossal waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Wasted time...........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Elaine should have the privilege of bringing Gerld down

Rob, give Elaine the PI report and let her take revenge!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The German got it right

He was just a sissy boy

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Should

Should have destroyed Montrose as he was the cause of his marriage problems.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

After nine chapters I thought that ending was a little lame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really weak ending to a very good tale.

It looked like a feel-good ending until his conversation with leslie when she admitted that she probably couldn't control her lesbian side.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
UNFINISHED STORY....

AFTER TALKING TO ELAINE, HE SHOULD HAVE RENEGED ON THE DEAL WITH MONTROSE AND BROUGHT A LAW SUIT AGAINST THE FUCKER... THEN CONTACTED THE BAR ASSOCIATION AND DESTROYED HIM.

I HAVE A HYPOCRITE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS SISTER WHO FITS THE DESCRIPTION GIVEN IN THIS STORY. SHE CAN'T STAND THAT I LAUGH AT HER AND HER SUPER SUPERIOR ATTITUDE.... ESPECIALLY WHEN I TOLD HER THAT HER CUNT STINKS, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER WOMAN'S DOES, IF SHE DOESN'T WASH IT OR DOUCHE AFTER SHE GETS FUCKED.

AT LEAST SHE STOPPED TRYING TO PREACH ALL THAT WARPED JEHOVAH'S WITNESS BULLSHIT AT ME.

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 4 years ago
Ending's fine...

Marge gets her longed for three-way with Leslie and Rob. May they all live happy ever after!

Rob and Leslie had moved in together ("our driveway") so he must have consented to her lesbian activities (perhaps limited to specific people and/or with a "don't ask/don't tell" agreement).

The "get the camera" and "knew what I would find" was to throw the reader for a momentary twist for an ending.

He saw Leslie's car in the driveway and at the first piece of clothing (if not before), he knew what was going on in the bedroom. Rob's a generous man and stepped up to give the girls their long time desire.

Yeah Rob!

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 4 years ago
PS: BTB(astard)

As someone already commented, Rob should give Elaine a copy of the PI's report so she could have her revenge on Gerald Montrose with bar association ethics committee.

Ditto!

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
Way too long...

Hated the fact that this sorry tale was 9 chapters when it should have been only 3, maybe 4 at best. Too much on his relationships with several sluts he picked up at the Bar. Big distraction to the real story about the infidelity of his marriage. Finally, in chapter 9, we learn the ' who's ', 'whys', and the 'where's' of her cheating. The plan to destroy him which was 3 weeks before she hit him with divorce. I felt the story was based mostly on his sexual relationships with all the various women he met at Rileys and NOT on his divorce, which was an afterthought in the story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

1st chapter was the best, didnt really need the rest.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

That's the end??? Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn.what a waist of time reading for that kind of ending.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Downhill

Went downhill fast after Ch four.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I’m a fan of most of JPB’s stories but not this one. In my opinion it’s listed in the wrong category, it should be in the erotic stories section. As far as “loving wives”, maybe ten percent of this story would fit in that category. The rest of it is Rob slutting himself around with all (or most) of the women down at Riley’s bar. It’s a wonder he didn’t have those 13 or so diseases someone mentioned. Bob’s a great writer but even The Babe struck out occasionally.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

This M/C was a lame as any one I have read in a long time. His character did a 180 at a time in his life where he would normally re-establish his virtue. Instead he becomes a slut in a sea of sluts. Every woman he interacted with was a self adsorbed, selfish slut. The ending would have been so much better if the writer at least left it hanging/naturalistic. Instead he caves in the his worst thought and actions.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

I was not God's gift to women. yeah but at least he was god's gift to a bunch of sluts ;)

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

thought she didnt click with him. wont last long they just doing it to not be alone. pretty obvious, actions speak louder than word. or maybe it will work they both sluts probably end with them doing the swapping thing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Horrible ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How old is this author?. Jeez what a load of crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gave it a 4. Can't believe I stayed the course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a horrible ending to a good story. Should’ve burned the lawyer…no revenge for Rob….boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of JPB’s very WORST stories.

1. Use your brother’s investigator in Ch 1 and sue the lawyer for alienation of affection,

2. Sue the Witnesses for operating a brothel - probably won’t win anything but it would be fun to let them defend themselves in court

Go our and screw to your heart’s content but in the end you’d be better off with Elaine than a lezbo.

MartyMartiniMartyMartini7 months ago

Not a lot of love here Bob, and I talking about the comments. I liked it! A lot of twists and turns. I'm ok with the ending Leslie gave him a Bi option and the opportunity to take the bull by the horns. So, I'm guessing they can make this work. If not, fuck her, Marge, and move on.

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Fun story but ending was abrupt. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Thanks, but no thanks! That was truly awful.

RedRachaelRedRachaelabout 1 month ago

Ugh. I’m too much of a romantic I guess. Yes, at that age I acted a lot like they did. But really would have liked to see the MC get his mind off his dick and find a good relationship.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Riley's Bar Series Info