All Comments on 'Rob and Gail Ch. 03'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 96 Comments
Charley49erCharley49erabout 10 years ago
I am shocked.

A common sense ending. And yes, there was an ending Virginia. I am blown away.

knot_limberknot_limberabout 10 years ago
Just Excellent

Very Nice Ending.

johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesabout 10 years ago
I agree...

... With Charlie49er. A common sense ending. With all the craziness in "A Weird One" I thought there would be a little more angst. All things being equal it was nice to see something work out alright for a change. Thanks for the read.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 10 years ago
OK...

Now I can read this story. Thanks for timely postings Bob!!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
nice guy

And the nice guy didn't lose or need to turn to the dark side.

As another alternative, with the recordings they would have gone down for multiple felonies if they had drugged and sexually assaulted Rob and Gail.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
this ending was approved by Joel Osteen and Billy Graham.

Is JPB running for senator and trying to get funded by conservative PAC ? The tension was built up so well and then cold water was dashed on fireworks, a few seconds before launch. No use railing at injustice of quelled carnal contortions, this author has written to please a very specific demographic . In this case its for insommniacs with expired Ambien script.

FullCircle56FullCircle56about 10 years ago
Ending was one possibility, will work for some readers

Not what I was expecting though. I guess this ending worked. No one died. That's something. But really, big buildup, flat finish. Well written as always which is something you can expect from a JPB story. 4.

TalonsreachTalonsreachabout 10 years ago
Works for me

I wasn't and still am not comfortable with the before marriage agreement. However, it was great to see a proactive response to a potentially horrible situation instead of trying to rebuild a relationship destroyed by "friends".

bassraybassrayabout 10 years ago
I really liked it

Solve a potential problem with honesty and class. Real love and intimacy beats sex. Affairs only come into play if there is no intimacy in the relationship. There's a lot to be said about the fall in love and raise a family program. It's just tough to pull it off.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Leopard Spots

So, the moral-less slut loved him so much that she changed her character and became an honest, caring person? Not in this reality buddy! Nice fantasy - that a slut could suddenly go from selfish pig to a loving wife all because she loved her husband SO much. BTW, there is a bridge in Brooklyn for sale cheap, you seem like the kind of guy that might be interested in making a fortune in tolls...

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiabout 10 years ago
Like it a lot...

...I really think you should prefer writing stories like this even though I guess that you will not give up the variety you have developed throughout the years.

A fine story with a clear bottom line; I really enjoyed it. 4*

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

That last line says a lot. First, his current situation is no justification for what he had to endure. Anyone who agrees to the kind of relationship he had with Gail during their engagement is stupid. That being said, he did agree on certain conditions. She broke those conditions. She lied to him. That alone indicates that he was not vindicated for his decision. It is only by pure luck that her libido somewhat regulated after childbirth. Lucky him. If it hadn't, there would have been no way for him to keep up with her and she surely would have been unfaithful down the road. Not sure how anyone can be impressed by her resolve and devotion to hubby during what everyone knows is the honeymoon stage. So she didn't give in to the pressure during the first six months. So what? Given how the author described her during the courting phase, there would be no way she would be able to hold out after the honeymoon was over. Her friends even knew this, they just didn't want to wait that long. Frankly, the author did not do a convincing job of providing the reader any reason to believe this woman could change so dramatically. He also did not do a good job of communicating why this woman was so dedicated to Rob. Her friends were dumbfounded by this, and so was I. The only thing I can think of that must have impressed her was the very thing that she completely disregarded during their entire courtship: his commitment and dedication to her. Golly, so impressed was she, she went out and started sleeping with other guys.

Second, the author never has Gail being held accountable to her lying and deception during the courting. Rob mentions his concerns about it several times, even confronting Gail about it at the end. Does she apologize or explain herself? Does she show genuine remorse? Nope. She just seems to blow that off and presents her plan for revenge on her friend. And Rob just drops it. And in the end, we get that last sentence. Unbelievable.

I still give it 4 stars because I enjoyed it. I just feel it needed better development.

troubleddeeplytroubleddeeplyabout 10 years ago
unexpected

Nice job of moving away from the stereotypical responses. It made me think as I had preprogrammed two alternative responses and you made me think of a third. Thank you for your efforts.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 10 years ago
How very generic of you, Bob...

... Pretty much a yawner from start to finish.

looking4itlooking4itabout 10 years ago
Interesting choices

I guess I am surprised, in a good way, about story choices you made which I think would have been out of the question for many/most writers here. The fact she didn't go ballistic about the hidden recordings when he presented them was out of the ordinary. Perhaps that can be seen as consequences for her lying. The mistrust from her husband would be hard to take while easy to understand. Fairly light consequences physically or mentally but not so much emotionally and that has/will upset some people. The other thing that surprised me was the eventual lack of response. Again, this was a choice (conscious choice by JPB?) to make the revenge emotional. I'm not sure that this crowd would have each actually had a conscience that could have been reached emotionally but in this story's world they apparently did. Since it is an intrinsic revenge and we have to assume everyone's contrite attitude is genuine it will not be a popular revenge. The end seemed short and lacked the punch I am used to but I can appreciate the decision and liked the story.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WHEN WEARING AN OPPONENT DOWN

by attrition and justice expect the roller coast to be long and loopy, TK U MLJ LV NV

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 10 years ago
Cool Bob

These bitches were delightfully evil, but at some point i thought he'd drop his chastity promise and hide the salamy in Gail. Letting her fuck around or fuck her myself.... Hmmmm..... I know what i'd pick. :)

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Two minds on this

First, I had a hard time believing in the guy. Yeah, a guy can stay a virgin for a while. It happens.

But STILL. We have a problem: "I need to wait for marriage, Gail."

Response:

1) Convince fiancé to drop vow

2) talk to his mother to release him from his vow

3) Grab mother by hair and tell her 'MUST BE MARRIED SOON!"

4) Hit the gym EVERY DAY and work out so hard she is a quivering wreck of exhaustion

or (Bob's favorite) 5) Fuck three or four professional fuckers multiple times a week so her virgin husband can NEVER compete with that sort of sexual prowess and risk EVERYTHING: disease, falling in love with a shit, losing fiancé, being labeled a three hole slut by the wider population.

And this falls to the guy to. She had her problem. "I need to get fucked'. He should have fucked her. That's it. Sorry mom, but my wedding bond is stronger than my bond to you.

That being said: I was waiting for this huge elaborate destruction of the bad guys. And it never came. I was actually dreading the destruction because the solution seemed do simple: play the tapes for Gail and see what she said.

Blink blink and that is what Bob did!

The problem strained by suspension of disbelief.. The solution was realistic. I liked it. Well written as always.

And you gave us an ending. I applaud that a lot.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 10 years ago
Good and novel ending

The begining was unplausible, and unrealistic; it was interesting to see where you were going with the plot.

The ending actually reminds me of another story on the site,and I think it is one of JPB's, but I can't recall the title.

justme567842justme567842about 10 years ago
Probably what I would have done

That is probably what I would have done if put in the same sitiuation. If you find the love of your life then you have to make sacrifices in order to get them. I am glad that Gail did swear off the multiple sex partners and stuck by her vows to remain true to Rob. Rob understands that the best revenge is living well, so he got even with all by playing the tapes. If he had told Gail she would not have wanted to believe him so by letting her hear it herself there was no doubt. Great ending and great outcome.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 10 years ago

How old were the girls? With the way they were acting the mentality made them seem like they were still in school. Did they expect to go through the rest of their lives having orgies and wild sex? All of them were selfish and idiots. Rob was a bit too.

imanononeimanononeabout 10 years ago
Another Great JPB Story

I rate this a 5 because of style, content and grammar. Just another great JPB story. For my thoughts on the plot read DrBeamer's. Is JPB changing his style and turning into a rational mid stream writer? Time will tell. He uses his normal extreme premises: a man who won't have sex, a girlfriend and fiance' sho supposedly can't control her sex drive enough not to have multiple party sex with people he knows even while engaged and a man who tolerates it. Just the ususal JPB extremes. But then the ending, a new moderation. I am not sure which version of JPB I prefer. I guess I like both.

One comment - The ending to JPB's story appeared many days ago on SOL despite chapters one and two appearing simultaneously on both sites. That beqs the question: who held it up on Lit, JPB or the publishers of Lit?

anon.1

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 10 years ago
Mixed feelings on this one

Rob is the equivalent of an anachronism, a real throwback in time. Following a vow of chastity until marriage because his mother wishes it, well, it's something daughters still sometimes promise their mothers, especially in religious families, but turning it around on a son is pretty unbelievable, let alone unusual. And as was discussed in this story, what constitutes premarital sex? Is oral sex having sex, or are we just talking about intercourse, i.e., the Clinton definition?

Rob and Gail engage in all forms of intimacy except intercourse, but she can't accept chastity or even fidelity from the time of her engagement to the time of her marriage. Further, she cannot even keep her promise of anonymity when she must have a cock in her, something that was part of the conditional agreement between her and Rob. All of this Rob knows, yet he still chooses to marry Gail. This is right out of Fantasy Land, maybe as far out as Lord of the Rings. It makes Rob seem a naive wimp. I know he is drawn to her, loves her, but really, how can he trust her as a life-partner?

The writing is fairly good; that is not usually a problem for JPB. The problem is the plot, which needs at least some element of credibility to make the story a truly good one. I must also agree with other comments that felt that part three ended abruptly and left the reader flat. I think it would be interesting to do a part four, a few years later, and show that Gail, like other cheaters, really can't control herself indefinitely.

It might go something like this: As the kids get older, she experiences a surge in her libido plus has more time on her hands. Egged on by her "Four Musketeer" friends, she starts her cheating again ("once a cheater, always a cheater"). Maybe FTDS could write this? I might be willing if JPB is not interested but gives permission. Three stars, liked it but feel it could be improved with a more believable plot and better developed resolution.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 10 years ago
Thanks Bob!

Thanks for sharing your stories with us and THANKS for putting an actual ending on this one.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 10 years ago
wow there are a lot of STUPID readers out there ...

It's shocking the number of readers out there who simply don't have any basic critical thinking skills who actually think this is a good story and a well were written one. Actually this is a piece of crap which is typical from this Author and if more readers had a brain... they would see why this is a vile piece of crap

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 10 years ago
Gail .."I was honest about what I was doing "

In these more serious and more sophisticated LW sitories from JPB we see this sort of appalling crap all the time from this author. The formula goes like this

Rob mets a fabulous smoking hot women in either high school or in college... they date .. she cheats lies or humiliates him in public.... and they breakup.

Then a few years later ..after high school or college ...the ex girlfriend meets up with Rob at work or at a conference or what have you. Then invariably Rob and the ex-girlfriend start dating but the question about her of appalling behavior and her values (in other words has she matured??) ... NEVER EVER comes up. Then amazingly without any possible justification 2 or 3 paragraphs Rob always marries this women who crushed him only a few years earlier .

This story is a classic example of this sort of formulaic boilerplate crap from JPB.

The entire premise of the story was that GAIL was honest and open in her sexual needs and therefore it did not qualify as cheating. However if one actually looks the story as written by JPB.

in Chapter 1... Gail lied her ass off. Rob in fact was quite honest about wanting to stay a virgin when he got married. Sure his values were quite silly and dumb but he was honest and open. Although they were are not engaged and they were not committed to each other ...Rob finding that she was seeing and fucking other men the way he did is based upon a massive deceit by Gail. Once Rob confronted her.. then sure she confessed and then she was fairly open about what she needed and wanted.

The second time this happened is when they were engaged and end soon to be married. This was a much more serious breach and a disgusting act and her part and a massive betrayal.

Yet Rob accepts here does are irrational explanations that cannot possibly make any sense... an he does so without asking any questions .

.

Later on in chapter 3... Gail assertions that she was open and honest the whole time about what she wanted and needed and therefore was not really cheating,... is simply a massive lie. The story PROVES that her assertions are false . What is even worse here is that most of the readers never catch on to this huge lot hole. Most readers seem to accept the premise of the story-- that Gail was open and honest and upfront-- at face value

This story is shit because the premise is shit. JPB writing scenes where GAIL asserts that she was open and honest up front ... does not mean that she was.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
very poor effort from this author

Leaving out the ridiculous premise of Rob staying a virgin he is also a wuss in wolfs clothing and was the only one in the relationship who made any effort or sacrifice. Gail was nothing more than a selfish lying slut. She cheated on him when dating and again prior to their engagement so all her talk about being honest is just bullshit. She wasn't prepared to go a few months without a dick in her for the man she claimed to love and then lied and disrespected him over and over again by pulling trains and gangbangs with people they knew after promising him the men she fucked would be strangers. This is never mentioned or dealt with.

The other important question Rob asked himself about what she would do if he had to travel was never answered and how he and the slut dealt with her friends was just pathetic. To end with just talking to the scumbags who planned on raping him and Gail and destroying their marriage? Seriously, after all the shit he dealt with to get the tramp, going to the police would of solved their issue legally and gotten the slime out of their lives. Why the fuck would they even consider remaining friends with those assholes?

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 10 years ago
Yawn

Started out good, ended bad. Cardboard cut-out people, no depth. People just don't act like his characters, nor talk like them. He has written some good stuff, but not recently.

oldauthoroldauthorabout 10 years ago
'NUFF SAID

It almost seems useless to add my comments to the other 30 or so, but I have to at least express some of my thoughts on this latest of JPB's stories as I am a long-time admirer of his work. This story has all of the usual qualities of JPB's but I also have to agree with those comments who pointed out that the story did have a rather 'flat' ending. Good buildup in 2 chapters, but a letdown in the final, most crucial chapter. In reality, I think most men in Rob's situation would not have revealed that he had recorders in their new house but would have left them in place just in case. After all, it appears that Gail was at the very least a nymphomaniac and it was HIGHLY unlikely that she would never revert to that status without a great deal of professional help. As for the rest of the story....'NUFF SAID.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
One thing I forgot in my comments

Gail...lied. A lot.

This was one of the biggest plot holes in the entire story and goes contrawise against the character traits.

Rob is a stalwart who respects promises and vows. It is the entire 'tension' in the story. Gail obviously is not. She broke her word twice and by staying around Cindy, she obviously had little respect for her boyfriend/husband/fiancé.

So bearing that in mind, WHY would he expect her to follow through on the same vow in a wedding?

Essentially, Rob gave up his self respect and dignity for a pair of boobs. He wanted to be liked and still let her walk all over him. That is a message she got loud and clear, particularly with the soft landing he gave Cindy.

It would be human nature to expect her to hold her husband in a little contempt which will grow into infidelity later on.

I missed the other huge plot hole which was supposed to create tension: the fact she COULD NOT go without sex for more than a week.

*****BULL! SHIT!*****

She might CHOOSE not to go without sex...but she is perfectly ABLE to go without sex. How did she survive 16 years before she got laid? This isn't like oxygen! Essentially, using the real world translator, we get this: "The itch between my legs which is perfectly able to be scratched by dildoes, fingers, tongues and even horsebackriding, has a gourmet taste and will NOT be scratched by anything less than REAL COCKS and the fact I will NOT put up with substandard orgasms is more important than the emotional needs of a silly little fiancé whom I intend to spend the rest of my life with."

If Rob understood what she was actually saying, he would have run like is ass was on fire.

YathinkYathinkabout 10 years ago
JPB, do you have no faith in your own work??

Maybe you can explain us better WHY you do the "not vote until you finish" BS?

Without comments from the readers, if the first chapter is bad, you will simply continue to make the same mistakes that you could have fixed, IF you had people's comments early on. And with comments, you could make a good story even better.

To me, what you're doing means you have NO CONFIDENCE in your own work! Since the first parts are SO BAD you won't let anyone comment about them. And if YOU don't think the story's any good, why should I bother to read it??

Other option is not to write "chapter" type stories.

Or release all chapters at the same time.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 10 years ago
Impossible personalities

Rob believes in keeping his promise to his mother so strongly that he acts in an almost insane manner. Is he that big a mama's boy? Not good but it doesn't seem like he really is. So ... it seems like the intent of the promise has some meaning to him personally. WHY, WHY, WHY would a guy who values purity before marriage want to be together with a woman who exemplifies it's antithesis? It makes absolutely no sense.

Gail keeps coming back to being honest about her needs, as if that honesty establishes her as a good person. Would a heroin addict that was open and honest about their need for heroin be considered a good person? Nope! So why is a avowed slut considered OK? Hey, I contract kill people on weekends but I'm being honest about it with you so it's OK, right? Naaaaaa.

Beyond the improbability of them being together, I liked the solution. He confronts Gail with the tapes and she listens and acts. Of course her solution is pretty nasty. His, far nicer solution, prevails. Doesn't that define their whole relationship? She is nasty and he is nice.

OK, they worked things out. But most men in Rob's shoes would never know peace because, in the end, they are living with a nasty uncontrolled slut who did just as she pleased.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteabout 10 years ago
The premise is really weak.

"You won't fuck and I need sex so I'm going to be an airtight slut." dumb.

And this last chapter is as dull as dishwater.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
Slow.

A hot woman with the most boring man alive. Interesting twist but dull execution. 3*

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 10 years ago
It's an interesting 5* take

on a common theme.

Nicely done.

artykay63artykay63about 10 years ago
why

why would Rob put any effort whatsoever to try and hang onto Gail in the first place after she behaved as she did at the beginning of the relationship? How could Gail even think of forgiving Cindy for planning to drug her and have her her raped?

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Complex and Interesting Drama

I certainly agree that there is a plot hole in that she was screwing with people that knew Rob and in front of her four girlfriends. So he never should have married her. But after her vows she was fighting to maintain her marriage. If Bob had not had the tapes of her girl friends the worst would have happened. The ending was fine and thus the story was enjoyable.

DepopuloDepopuloabout 10 years ago

What else can I say but absolutely brilliant.... LOOOOOOOOOL... what I mean to say Is absolutely brilliant SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

1/5 all the way around....

jpb are you bi-polar or something?

gassygusgassygusabout 10 years ago
Good Story

It was a good read, no complaints or negative comments are due. I feel if you don't like the way it is going quit reading and move on.

snakes454snakes454about 10 years ago
cant say i agree with letting her fuck everyone

My only issue is why if she loved him so much couldn't she stay faithful? Was a good story and it earned all five stars. Thanks for giving it an ending.

textosteronetextosteroneabout 10 years ago
Question of choices once you commit to someone.

I enjoyed the path the story took as a satyr.

In reality, I don't know of a single man that would allow his girlfriend/fiance to sleep around before the weeding unless they agreed to a swingers life style. If she really loved him then she could stop "whoring" around and commit to the relationship. She couldn't do that so what man could believe she would commit after the wedding.

Still a good read 5*

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 10 years ago
I don't know why

Why could she keep her legs closed after the wedding and not before? Other than her turning from faithless whore to model wife I can't find fault with this story. Fine writing JPB. 5*

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 10 years ago
Plausibility

Lots of stories have one or maybe a few implausible plot lines. This one takes the cake. Protagonist is presented as normal, but just has to be a masochist. He is oh so willing to stand by while the love of his life has wild sex orgies with their mutual friends, and doesn't really suffer much emotional distress over the situation. That, my friend, is masochism. Or the lack of actual love. Cindy becoming remorseful and being accepted back as a best friend? Plausible? They should have turned her over to the police and she should be in jail for what she planned. I could go on. Why? You are consistent in writing stories finding ever newer ways to have husbands survive humiliation by their wives who, in spite of being unremorseful, live happily ever after.

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 10 years ago
A fine story

Thank you JPB for a wonderfully written tale. I wish we had more stories like this. What a fine read.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 10 years ago
It's apparent some commenters don't understand Bob.

It's really pretty simple. JPB writes stories that HE wants to write. A previous comment warned Bob that he would find himself writing for a "very narrow demographic" if he didn't change his ways. This is exactly his goal. He has stated it quite clearly, he writes to please a demographic of one - himself. If you can come to grips with that fact, then reading JPB stories can be amusing entertainment. If you can't handle that truth, JPB stories will continue to frustrate you. What you see is what you get. If you don't like what you see, QUIT LOOKING.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

@It seems like we are back

I agree with what your saying for the most part. JPB's stories have always held a love em or hate em vibe going with the reader. This story tho, just left me feeling bored and apathetic towards it which is not something I ever expected from this author.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

last comment was ment for studebakerhawk

Damm tablet.

carvohicarvohiabout 10 years ago
Awe come on...

Satire no! Allegory yes! 'The good man rights the wrongs of the past; the bad girl becomes the good girl.' If a woman pure of heart can change a man, then why can't a man pure of heart change a woman? It's not Gail's impurity, Gail's licentiousness, Gail's dishonesty that centers the story; it's Rob's fidelity to an idea that centers the story.

First from personal experience. Though I know no male who has deliberately opted to stay chaste prior to marriage, I can say my sexual experiences prior to marriage were of little consequence compared to what I've had with my wife after marriage. To me there's little difference between solo masturbation and masturbation into some woman's vagina if there's no love and commitment; it's just so much biological relief. Marital sex is not like anything else.

Second, having kids changes everything if they're made out of genuine love. Gail and Rob made three. Gail's sexual appetites had a new outlet. There's nothing more joyous, more orgasmic than having your own kids. Next time just listen to your kids little voices; their sincerity, their purity, their total trust. It's mind blowing when you think about it; it's the sound of God.

Third, there's the old adage 'Whores make the best wives'. Maybe Gail saw she had more with Rob than all the threesomes and so forth she'd ever had before. What's in the vow; 'forsaking all others'.

Fourth, and this is all important. As several have already commented JPB writes for an audience of one. I often get irritated about his determination to not give me the finish I'd like. Yeah, he gives the girls too many passes. So what, picking up a JPB is akin to reading an Agatha Christy; they may not always be the best, but they're always pretty damn good.

I wish I had his talent.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 10 years ago
Male Chastity !

I do not know any of my males friends who were virgins before they married. So am unusual theme from JPB which IMO is a good change from the norm. I would liked to have read in the story that Bob was given all 3 of Gail's holes as she seemed to enjoy using them. From what was in the story I believe I am right in mentioning Bob only 2 of them !

The story to be mostly fable with a few spoonfuls of satire to keep the humour flavour noticeable in the recipe.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
Thanks, JPB

This story is another confirmation of my experiment swapping the dialogue between the male and female characters. As further proof of my hypotheses that many authors posting to the LW genre deliberately cross-over between the sexes to feed the fetish for "Evil Woman destroys Saintly Man" demanded by so many of the commentators to Loving Wife stories.

In Real Life, you would never have believed the dialogue uttered by Rob's male character. If it was a female Roberta you would all praise her for honest sincerity and acclaim her strength of character for staying 'virginal' (but not chaste or celibate??) for marriage and then for defending her commitment to keep and protect her Sacred Vows.

In Real Life, you would never have believed the dialogue uttered by Gail's or Cindy's female characters. If they were male characters you would be making all sorts of excuses and justifications for their licentious behavior. And blame the female sex for inciting their masculine libidinous activities.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
LW is full of good and evil characters of both genders

In fact, it's a predictable pattern that a good man has the misfortune to marry an evil, scheming woman who conspires with an evil, scheming male lover to stab him through the heart, but is then rescued from his heartbreak by a good woman who's willing to nurture his pain and fight for him.

It is true that Lit has an overabundance of stories in which evil wives victimize virtuous husbands. Not surprising when you look at the imbalance between men and women writing stories, and it probably won't change until there are more women writing.

KY XtianKY Xtianabout 10 years ago
Somewhat similar to me

I didn't make a promise to my mother, I made it to myself. I didn't promise to save myself until marriage, but I did promise to save my virginity for the woman I would marry. I went five years on that pledge between high school and post-college, and I found that woman. She wasn't a virgin, and she did her best to ruin me once I was certain she was the one. We've been together now 20 years, married nearly 18. We may, indeed, be rare, but we do exist.

hnau0022hnau0022about 10 years ago
Disappointed

I was hoping for a better ending. It looks like JPB took the easy way out after putting together a good story. I was hoping for a better ending with some real payback.

rixelsrixelsalmost 10 years ago
Virginity

I really enjoyed this story other than the big road bump. I know that male virginity was used as a plot device, but it makes Rob look kind of twisted. If it hadn't worked out with Gail what then? How many years would Rob go before giving in and joining? He had already sacrificed 2 other girlfriends to his virginity pledge to Mama. Maybe these women just didn't want their wedding nights to be "Amateur Hour" spending their time giving instructions and preventing premature ejaculations. Women that have sex before marriage are not all sluts. What the hell does a piece of paper and a church have to do with the true commitment of a couple's pledge to each other? I was married to my wife the day I proposed and I still am 30 years later, but it wasn't because of a license, or god. I committed the day I proposed. The whole virginity thing made both Rob and Gail look foolish.

In the end it is a very good love story. I was rooting for both Rob and Gail, even if the were fools. Thank you JPB.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Third read and still finding serious flaws

Bob can write. And with all authors, I allow ONE silly premise or unrealistic theme in the story. Rabid zombie-like creatures. A grown man who is willing to not fuck because mommy says good boys wait. It is a hook which drives drama.

I tend to be forgiving of plot holes. We all make them.

I am just imagining the phone conversation between Cindy and Gail that first 'girls night out' which wasn't a month later. "Gee girlfriend. Sorry about the whole 'raping you' plan I had set up so I could ruin your marriage! Ha ha. Jokes on me. Couldn't find the date rape drugs anyway. So...how about we toss back some brewskis at a bar together for old times sake?'

I already know Rob is mentally deficient. Can't escape that fact. How do you trust someone when you have them ON TAPE wanting to get together behind your back and literally fuck you over?

Why is Gail still friends with these people AT ALL? This isn't a 'she said to someone that I looked fat in a dress.' It is a visceral betrayal at least as grievous as infidelity.

Now...could it be pulled off literarily? Maybe, but Bob didn't even try. The conversation after the tapes would have been EPIC...or would have lead to a place he didn't want it to go: namely, Gail dropping toxic people like this like a hot rock..

So instead, he made a weak ending. If I had credible information by his own words that my BEST FRIEND was going to put a cock up my ass, I can tell you, he's off the guest list, much less the friend list.

I am surprised Bob can't see that.

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
Good job

Thanks for writing, Bob. This was enjoyable. There are some word mixups, challenges to understanding, but they did not detract from the overall story.

5*

Best regards,

-Pultoy

bobyroy69bobyroy69over 9 years ago
Very good read, somewhat weak plot

but good nonetheless. That's just my opinion. I enjoyed reading it so I'm giving it 4****. Thanks for writing...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

she will be fuccking somebody again

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
Five stars just for finishing the story and giving us an actual loving wife.

Sometimes I think I have a very destructive addiction to JPB stories. He is truly a great writer and almost always entertaining. I am determined to read all of his tales and have been at it in between other Literotica stories for about 3 years now. This may be the first time I ever gave you a five. I found a balance in it that you rarely seem to give. Usually you just piss me off and I know that is a specialty of yours Bob. I do often LOL at how well you screw with my head. Thank you for just once giving us a complete ending with a woman who in the end believably loves her husband. On a side note I would give five stars for the comment that carvohi made on 04/09/14. I think I will have to go read the stories of an author with such excellent insight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
An interesting premise - the male virgin.

And it played well for awhile. But once she tells him she's going to continue getting laid regardless of his feelings, she should have been history. So he's a little stupid, thinks with his little head and takes her back. But in the end, how does he believe that she will keep her legs together AFTER they get married when she couldn't do it for 5 seconds before they got married? Even for fiction, that makes no sense. And with friends like hers, who needs enemies. Perhaps his only chance would have been to move far away, put her out of his mind and get on with his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
As a pervert that started fucking in my early teens I say he is a wimp idiot.

And I would have bet that Gail fucked around on him in the first six months of the marriage. He should have found another woman when she would not give up her fucking around while they were engaged. What a proposition, Bob!

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 9 years ago
Doesn't Mesh Well

Recognizing that this is fiction and its fun to play with your characters, the transition doesn't work, He's a sanctimonious prick and she's a slut of infinite resource and promiscuity. I don't think you make a credible case for her falling for him and giving up her sluttiness. If this was chess. I'd say your opening was barely adequate, your end game was good, but your middle game was so weak that you never would have reached the end. 3*

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Thoughts

First of all, I disagree with TMSPTGR3 that he is a "sanctimonious prick". He never judged others, he had a promise that he made and he stuck to it.

Where I disagree with the story, despite the happy ending is I never would have agreed to the original engagement. I don't believe for a minute that a woman who couldn't go without intercourse for the few months of an engagement, despite having plenty of oral sex can have the discipline to remain faithful after marriage.

Second, why he didn't play the very first set of tapes for Gail is beyond me. It's nice that he got even stronger evidence, but he could have ended things much sooner.

Finally, I don't know if I could have held off on the revenge. Cindy was such an unrepentant bitch I wouldn't be surprised if she just waits a while before exacting HER revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
my first thought are that TMSPTGR3 is an old retarded fucker with the sense of a dead snail

but I could be wrong, the sense of a gay seahorse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
in consisent

the lack of respect the bride showed the husband placing her mother before her husband makes the story invalid

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story loved it

I gave you a 5

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THE STOVE WAS FINALLY HOT ENOUGH

now to save my asbestos suits. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A love story I guess

But I don't see how he would have stayed engaged to the cheating cunt. I don't see how he believes her - EVER! And he should have burned Cindy to the ground. What a bitch! But Gail is untrustworthy. That's the start and the end. After the recorders I think everyone did a good job of hiding their activities. I don't think they stopped a lifetime of cheating. Just didn't happen. And a talk with his Mother early on would have saved him a lot of grief and marriage to a cheating cunt.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Nymphomaniac

If Gail was a Nymphomaniac it might explain her behavior in some kind of satisfactory way. Unfortunately, she probably was not afflicted with this disorder. Much more likely she was simply a selfish slut, a common affliction nowadays. So, why does this matter? Because a selfish slut is incapable of loving anyone other than herself. She makes a terrible wife and is a disaster as a mother. While her whoring ways were repellent, her selfishness and unwillingness to postpone immediate gratification made her impossible to abide. This is a serious flaw in the plot and broke the story down.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 7 years ago
I enjoyed the read. Of course there were a few things I disagreed with.

But since I read for my own enjoyment I did not do as some seem to do (list them in order to write a complaint at the end) or such as that. I do think that Cindy and Gail need to be watched for the nest ten or fifteen years for a reversal but what kind of a marriage is it where you need to be watching all the time.

His best way out would have been to go to his Mother and demand that she let him off his promise. Once she understood she MIGHT have let him off. Personally I am glad that I never made foolish promises or if I did I would have broken them easily.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Just couldn't believe he staid a virgin because his mom asked him

Married a slut ,let her fuck while engaged ,beyond real, how could he expect her to settle down. Just doesn't compute . And all that spy equipment ,really!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 Good read

Annony = asshole

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
Fourth Read

Originally, Gail was just a highly sexed woman who was gorgeous and didn't need to worry about getting a date ever. If she wanted a guy, they generally just fell into her lap because she was that high a quality.

I can buy that.

But suddenly in the middle of chapter 2, she is some kind of main event in the Kinky McSlutty Wonder Twins Party? And she was consistently doing it EVEN as she was dating Rob?

Really? REALLY?

JPB, you shifted the gears from fourth and instead of hitting fifth, you dropped the transmission on the ground.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
cuck yuk

Cuck and whore.

Yawn...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
No way he marries Gail

She's a lying, cheating manipulative slut. Repeatedly. No man in his right mind marries Gail. I simply don't see how you skipped over all her bad traits, made him forget and forgive all her bullshit and reached the conclusion he'd ever marry her. Horrible ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
And then

Gail gets a mind transplant and they live happily ever after. The plot is absurd

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
UNREAL and SILLY

Too much silly fantasy(and NOT in a good way) Poor story although well told. Lots of real-life questions appear to be posed.... Has Gail curbed her 'extra-curricular' need for 3somes and multiple partners etc?.... a leopard without spots?? Exactly whose are the kids? The story leaves me with a feeling that this kind of situation , although totally possible, would alter course VERY EARLY if our 'Doofuss' was a normal male human! I gave it 1* but the execution of this story was good.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Sorry, but I don't buy it.

Too many sluts turning virtuous too easily. I wish it were that easy.

However, I may want to buy some of those recorders someday just on general principle.

LoejtcLoejtcover 4 years ago
Typical JPB: Excess, Evil "Friends", Cuckolded Fiancé, Etc.

Big time slut who "needs" sex several times a week to survive, miraculously turns into faithful wife from her wedding day onward.

Evil BFF tries to break up marriage so the newlywed bride can revert to her gang banging days.

Boyfriend with virginity promise to "Mommy?" allows fiancee to have copious amounts of sex while they are engaged hoping that she will become faithful after she says "I do".

Well written, absolutely. One of JPB's best efforts.

Believable? Not a chance.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
No

I just can't believe a whore can change that quickly and completely. Also, knowing Gail's history, I couldn't marry her anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
sooo

friends conspire to drug and rape them. all is forgiven?

rape is very serious. so is the drugging. a wrong dosage could KILL them.

let's not forget the soul crushing damage being sexually violated does.

let's also not forget they were planning on using the rape as some sort of leverage.

these are monsters. not friends. of course they'd smile and play ball when you decide not to arrest them. but they are not friends.

also, the husband really should have stated that if she gets hall passes, he gets them too. THAT is fairness.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 4 years ago
Same Shit

I just wish Bob you could at least try to make your stories a little different⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stupid

No real woman with any sense at all would do to her guy what gail did in tbis story. Its total bullshit. Tge story is so silly that this guy would have to have absolutely on Nuts and no Brains to accept tnis skank. Women who fuck like thus story describes are nothing but Nasty Skanks to be stayed away from. Sell tbis bitch to a mexican whorehouse where she can fuck fifty times a day until she is diseased and dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Your writing is good

...but it's your mind mind what is fucked. You live in a really twisted world. No wonder relationships don't work for you. I hope you got the help you need to get your head straight.

I hope you start writing good stories and not "your usual" crap, which are basically repetitions of the same story.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Such a dreary existence, having to live surrounded by selfish sociopaths, and call them your friends and loved ones. If this is truly the best he can do in his life, then good luck. The whole 'oh, but we all lived happily ever after' resolution feels straight out of a fairy tale, considering the background. Stranger things have certainly happened, but disbelief isn't really getting suspended for me here.

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

Rob has to be without a doubt the funniest character JPB has ever created. This was a hoot. Why it’s not in the humour section I’ll never know.

Can you imagine JPB sitting at his keyboard looking at a blank screen thinking to himself ‘what can I do to make this character the biggest cretin ever, I know I’ll get him to fall for the biggest round heeled slut imaginable, get him to accept her whoring as normal’. Yep that’ll work.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

JPB did not want anybody to comment on part #1 and part #2 because they are so absurdly idiotic that apparently he cannot stand the shower of humiliation he would have received. I really wonder how can you pull it out of that shitty nonsense he dug himself in.

A grown-up man does not want to have a sex with drop dead gorgeous woman because he made promise to his mom?

[By the way drop dead gorgeous for JPB is a relative term since he is hung up on Krystal Summer, a porn "star" that looks like a washed out Southern white trash.]

The beauty (aka "Krystal Summers") wants sex all the time and cannot go a week without it? This is like cikadas, which is the way JPB thinks women are. Apparently JPB himself had very little contacts with women as in his fantasy world they are either cicadas or utter bitches even though they are all drop dead gorgeous when he meets them for the first time.

Thus our hero from mountains of Utah makes a deal with his slut to have her fuck anybody she wants until marriage when he wants doctor's note and the end of slutting.

You'd think this is a comedy of sorts and drugging "Norm" and "Cindy" would have been the way to end although the whole story is shitty. But nope, JPB ends it with a whimper and nothing at all. 7 pages of pure garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This piece of work was strange. Who was the person that wrote it? LOVE. Slap*hapy*papy*#9

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When she gave him a report of clean health. how recent was it? A week? A day? An hour? Each of these time frames give her enough space to have caught something in the meantime.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of your better ones, although I don't see anyone paying that high a price as Rob did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Forget divorcing her -NEVER marry her in the first place. No young man would have been that patient and forgiving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Drug is not a verb.

BigDee44BigDee44about 1 year ago

Some of the bare facts of this story mirror my relationship with my wife, except she was not as honest as Gail, in the story. Married previously, she says her husband’s cheating was the reason for divorce. Between marriages (and I am afraid slightly into ours) she had at least 6 lovers. “Don’t throw me away!’, was her mantra. I was not confessed to until about our 14th year of marriage, but by year 8, and with two children, she was in a 2-year affair followed by a short rebound affair. “Don’t throw me away!” That’s rich. Now, 32 years later, I am not sure it has dome me any good to have learned about them. If I had not, I would likely not be reading these stories.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy599 months ago

Outstanding. A principled man wins out and a couple matures into a family. Well crafted read ,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Two things: 1. Why keep that stupid promise???? 2. Why marry Gail? She's overused goods!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rob and Gail Series Info