Rob and Lori Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

x-x-x-x-x-x-x—x-

Tuesday I was busy stocking shelves at work when a voice behind me said:

"Hi Rob."

I turned and saw Lori standing there.

"I called and asked your dad what time you took your lunch break and then I hurried down so I could talk to you over lunch."

Well, it was what I said that I wanted -- for Lori to take the first big step and now she had. We walked down the street to the Red Robin, ordered lunch and then I waited for Lori to speak her piece.

"Why haven't you called me Rob? I've asked you to call me at least twice now."

"I haven't called because there wouldn't be any point to it."

"Why would you say that?"

"Because each time you asked me to call I was in a relationship with someone, a relationship that I had no intention of ending. I could only see two reasons for you wanting to talk to me. Either you were going to tell me that you had found someone special and were making a firm commitment to him or that you felt that it was time for us to think about getting back together. If it was the first then I didn't care to know and if it were the second I wouldn't be interested as long as I was in the relationship I was in. Therefore, no need to call."

"Well I guess that is pretty cut and dried. But in case you have any interest at all it is the second one. I've missed you. We had something good going Rob, but I'm not sorry that I came up with the trial separation. I really did think that we had been together too long without knowing what anyone else would be like, but now that I know what others were like I know that I belong with you. I would like to put it behind us and get back together."

"The problem with that Lori is that putting it behind us is something that can't just happen because all of a sudden that is what you want. There is no way that I'm going to go and tell the girl that I am seeing that she is history just because you decided that trial separation time is over. I'm not saying that we can't give it another try, but it won't be right away. Sue is leaving for California the first week in September and if you are still interested at that time maybe we can try it again and see what happens."

"The first of September? That's only two weeks away. Do you have the date she is leaving?"

"The fourth."

"Okay then; how about this. I am asking you for a date on the fifth of September. Can we do that?"

"On the condition that Sue is actually gone on the fifth."

"I'll take it. I'll call you early on the fifth and confirm. Until then Rob."

She stood up, leaned over the table and kissed me on the cheek and she left.

Sue actually left on the third and Lori did call early on the fifth to confirm our date for the night. I took Lori out to dinner and a show and after a couple of dates we picked up where we left off. By unspoken agreement what we each had done while we were separated was never mentioned.

To be continued...

12