All Comments on 'Rob and Mickey'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601about 12 years ago
Not your usual fare......But I liked it....

I really liked it.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
SLOW ON THE UPTAKE

and slower yet for reality. TK U MLJ LV NV

kelchakelchaabout 12 years ago
Very Nice

Liked the story a lot. Thanks.

PultoyPultoyabout 12 years ago
I Like this a lot

Thanks, Bob. Good job. Lots of words in this one, you put a lot into it and it is appreciated.

-Pultoy.

thefranzthefranzabout 12 years ago
Very nice

For me (I'm European) this has a decidedly "retro" feeling to it, like American Graffiti for adults. Michelle was a little bit flat as a character, I coudn't feel that she was torn between love and materialism. Perhaps she had too little direct interaction whith the main character after their relationship went bad.

As always well written, great dialogue and a memorable cast.

bear2readbear2readabout 12 years ago
I like Rob

This is a very good, very funny read about relationships. Rob stuck to his beliefs and he finally got the girl he always wanted. One victory for the guy here!! I loved the part where she handcuffed him -- one of the best written parts to any story I've read. Thanks for the fun story.

MrVdogMrVdogabout 12 years ago
That light at the end of the tunnel...

is always a freight train. He's about to get flattened - I've seen this cartoon before.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 12 years ago
HEY! Another one I liked, JPB!

I found this story interesting and well thought out. Also different from your earlier stories. Lately, your writings don't have that bitter tone that permeated your early works. And I like these later ones quite a bit more. Thank you, and keep it up.

KY XtianKY Xtianabout 12 years ago
Great story, one problem

This is not at fault with JPB, but with Mickey... if she had felt this way about Rob for the longest time, why didn't she just go to his apartment? Every other woman in his life did!

Great story overall, it kinda started out real slow and in a similar style to many of the recent stories, but this turned out to be quite intriguing!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Simplicity can be eloquent -

It would be a gamble, but then wasn't all of life a gamble?

It sure is and he had done his best to get away from his heart and his history and everyone he knew - knew better.

So Michelle had learned better about our "good ole' bot" and regretted her conversation? Why didn't Bev know that or Nancy or Rich and why would they not tell him Mickey was done with dipshit - it could have made it all so much easier when it happened - I real9ize it might have shortened the story and we would have missed out on some of Rob's fun but it is an obvious flaw.

Nicely done on the whole and I grade based on overall quality IMHO not on minor plot details or whether I agree with the writers decision - not my place to agree or disagree with him - it is his decision - I just get to opine about it heh.

FD45FD45almost 12 years ago
I'm missing something

Or maybe Rob is.

Her meal ticket just blew out his knee. Suddenly she wants back with him.

Now, one can say that she spent the last 3 (?) years trying to change her mind and dump Stan, but I certainly would be suspicious of her motives. Suddenly Stan, Mr. Big Shot football star who probably didn't do well in school, is bust. Meanwhile Rob is running (or helping run) a dealership.

Maybe it's simply my cynical nature. Also not explained is what huge life changing event caused her to change her mind about her materialism. (Certainly not a knee injury).

Yes, moving out on a wing and a prayer buys her some credit. Enough? He is the only judge who counts but I would be leery.

Thank you for an excellent story. The Nancy thing drug on a bit.

SummerDaydreamSummerDaydreamalmost 12 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed the complicated mix of relationships.

What is the reason for the DESC+++ tags? Is this an error that made it through editing?

Keep writing!

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Can we say

idiot. What a dumb ass. Tell her yes and then when the handcuffs come off walk smiling up to Rich and then punch him as hard as possible in the face and leave.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 HOW CAN ONE CONFESS

when the other already is aware, TK U MLJ LV NV

oldauthoroldauthorover 11 years ago
LOVE CAN BE BLIND

Basically, a good story, Bob. I like most of your work, but I have to say that in this one you didn't flesh out your characters as well as you usually do. Also, I have to question Rob's moral ethics in this story. Quite a departure from the main character in your other stories. Although love can be blind, a person has to question what he should sacrifice for love---taking back Mickey after she has had an abortion should have created some deep moral examination in my opinion. On top of that, leopards DON'T change their spots no matter how much they profess.

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
just plain dumb

i don't know why i screwed you, don't ask me why i treated you like shit, i guess i was selfish, and the really sad thing is that some guys in real life fall for this shit and never have the wits or the courage or the brain to ask questions that out the real bitch inside or to just walk away to maintain their sanity and hearts.

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
Reread

Enjoyed it more the second time. The Nancy thing drove me a bit crazy simply because I know what it's like to be chased by someone you don't have a spark with. It's a horrible position to be in.

That being said, there were a number of chops in the story. Sex scenes implied but not described, scene jumps which made no sense.

Your editing slacked badly on this story. CONTENT was great.

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 11 years ago
Too difficult to believe

After all those years of being a self centered, self serving, manipulative bitch she was suddenly going to "settle" for his mechanics salary and become a one man woman? I don't see that happening even when Hell has frozen over. The leopard just doesn't change it's spots. That said, I enjoyed the story right up until the end, when he caved and the whole ending seemed a little rushed.

kalharrikalharrialmost 11 years ago
liked it

I do agree with others though. kind of rushed at the end. I liked the characters. mostly though I didn't like the ending. she is only there because the idiot got injured. I would have left her and had some serious issues with my brother after that setup.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Since it is a story I won't get upset.

This selfish bitch has always fucked around on him and will continue to do so, at least in real life it would most likely happen. I know prostitutes that have made good wives and I like happy endings. She might love him but the next time a rich man comes by watch her take off with him. I had a brief affair with a woman like this, even left my wife for her. The man did not have to be rich, he just had to be a man, exciting and different. I was heartsick for a few months but got over her. I met her again later and we became FWB until she left town then she sent me a letter telling me that she was getting married. I wished her well but have thought of her many, many times.

Good story, Bob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story!

And a masterful job of telling it usual, Bob.

One thing and I think we all know it. Mickey is a slut that will follow the next set of money bags she sees. She is everything I don't care for in women.

That being said! My own story isn't quite so sad but there are some parallels. My girlfriend waaaay back when suddenly dumped me for a reason that would startle more people. I was too much of a gentleman. I wasn't aggressive enough for her tastes so she thought we should try out other people.

Fast forward a few years after she's fucked most of my friends and I never got over her anymore than Rob did Mickey and somehow we found ourselves thrown together. One thing led to another and we found we still liked one another and started dating, again, I took things slowly, I figured she had been banged enough by most of my friends. And I was right. She was ready to settle down and one day when I had just finished fucking her and was still mounted in the saddle, I asked her to marry me.

Fast forward 40 years and here we are, still married. She never strayed that I'm aware of, besides, in our tiny town, pop 500, it would be tough for her without someone knowing. I never strayed either, besides, she has been my one and only, I've never been with another woman in my life and I'm satisfied with her. We can still be kinky after all these years, even after the grandkids leave with their parents and we're left alone again, her pants drop and we are going at it hot and heavy like a couple teenagers.

Life is good, even though I married a high school slut that I loved since I was 8 years old.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Bad Bet

People do not change. Even she identified herself as a selfish bitch. Love doesn't change character. She is a liar, a cheater and certainly not wife material. Rob is in for more drama and possibly worse. Of course, Rob really isn't much either it he?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cuckold Boyfriend

What do you expect from JSB (Just Sick Bob)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well spun tale but....

I just found it hard to believe that he would believe a word that came out of her mouth. All those years she shows him who she is using both her words and her actions (which, of course, speak louder than words). And all of a sudden she's going to change her outlook? Things like that just don't happen in the real world. Maybe in JPB's world. I enjoyed the story right until the last 6 words. That was when he got stupid. Oh well, I've come to expect Bob to lose his mind every few stories. This was one of those stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well Done JPB

You have again shown us why your a very good writer. This is another good reading yarn. We all have known people like Rob and Mickey. I enjoyed The cat and mouse games you had them playing. Well, off to read the JPB story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well Written BUT Rob Is An IDIOT!!

That bitch is stuck in ME-ME mode, if & when ol' Rob doesn't go along with something she wants she's gonna do whatever she wants period end of story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
People DO change

One example is Groundhog Day. Then there is the Apostle Paul.

vikingprincevikingprincealmost 9 years ago
Why do I do it?

Writing is a 5. JPB, you are a wordsmith of the first order. But, why, oh God, WHY, do all of your male characters have to be spineless cucks? Makes me crazy but your writing style is so good I keep hoping for a male protagonist that I do not want to strangle. All of their women cheat on them and they all let them. You don't have to go all BTB on them, but just let them have a like dignity. And yes, I do realize that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing repeatedly while hoping for a different outcome. Writing style is great, JPB, male characters make me crazy. But I will keep reading.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
can't he do any better?

Maybe I'm just too cynical from reading all the LW stories........but, this is a JPB story, so how long until she starts turning tricks for some extra spending money?

He really can't find a better woman?

One that would love and respect him?

And be happy with an average income guy?

Auto mechanics (technicians in modern terms) don't do badly at all.

Rob has it right, whether times are good or times are bad does not matter, people still need their car fixed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just like an abused spouse

"Go ahead, beat me, I'll still stay with you." It's great writing, but your protagonist really sucks. And if I don't like or respect the protagonist -- and here I don't -- I regret wasting the time I spent reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What?!?

What a phuqing dumbass! She's not choosing him, her fucking gravy train derailed so she's going with the standby. Rob is a phuqing punk ass bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No all of life isn't a gamble

And he should know by now that she is a lying, cheating slut and that nothing has changed. He has caught her in too many lies to have any doubt about her. She hasn't changed her spots. Look how she got him to talk to her - locking him in handcuffs? That's a woman you want to spend any time with? I don't think so. She's offering herself to him because he's her last chance. Everything else she has tried has fallen through and good old Rob is her fall back position. I hope he's smart enough not to marry the manipulative bitch. Good story, bad ending. One released from the cuffs he should have walked away and never looked back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Turned to shit???? Really dear annony you coparing it toyour marriage??

I loved it and gave it a 5 so I was sure it was better than your marriage or your love life. Eat ir dear annony!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Character I had the problem with - Bev

Mickey explains herself in the end, and owns up to what she did and what she felt she deserved, so better than nothing. Bev though at one point was hiding Mickeys dating North in college not from just Rob, but also from her own husband Rich. I would have thought Rich would have at one point gone postal on her for lying about "nothing happening" with Mickey, when she was supposedly dating her own brother in law.

Great story though, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* for typical JPB cuck/whore RAAC-fest

1* for RAAC to an unrepentant whore .

hope she gives him aids .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story!

Enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
GAMBLING FOR LOVE AND LUST

how does one make odds on this wager TK U MLJ LV NV

Storm113Storm113over 6 years ago
I like it!

That said, what is it with you and childhood sweethearts? Did you have one that went really bad?

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Good story

Per usual the Annoy Gang struck to tear it up with negative comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Different, quirky like life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I Liked It

But you rushed the ending. Handcuffing someone is unlawful restraint. (Think kidnapping, but sugar-free). It was inconsistent with Rob's prior words/actions to calmly sit and listen while cuffed; he seemed more likely to dial 911 and let Mickey spend the weekend in jail. However, they're your characters. They act as you have them act. I'm kinda sad he ended up with Mick- she's a bad egg. Still, a decent read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 STARS. (barely)

Interesting male fantasy: all these women lusting after ME. Count 'em -- Mickey, Alicia, Nancy, Jessica, the barmaid. I'm the stud. Hey, it's more interesting than Casper Milquetoast.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
And he believed her?

I don't see Rob as being THAT stupid. She's running out of options. Rich boy dumps her and she aborts (btw why didn't she have a DNA test done?). Stan gets hurt but he would have had insurance up the ass and made out just fine. So she switches to her fall back man - Rob. Why would he get back together with a woman he moved half way across the country to avoid? He's got no real future. Even if he becomes a service manager he won't make shit. Why would Mickey give up the hunt for a rich man? She's still young. She has plenty of time to marry for money, get divorced and marry for money again. The ending made no sense. Badly done.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
For fuck's sake!!

You just fucked your own story in the ass! God damn you, JPB

One star. Fucking pathetic

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
A very, very good romance story!

Good plot, good story twists, good character builds, good development.

Sure, some of the story was weak at times, but the romance part of it sizzled like a steak on a hot grill.

One thing you do especially well is to weave a fairly intricate personality into each character. Outstanding!

Well done, keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Poor choice

He should have just stuck with Jessica. She at least wasn't a lying, cheating gold digger and she straight up liked him. "We have no spark" is just a poor plot device. Michelle can never be trusted and she never adequately proved that she could change. She still wanted what she wanted despite what Rob felt. Once she becomes convinced she has him on a line again she'll feel secure enough to start looking for her next rich prick to cheat on him with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is not a love story

This is about a poor wimp who got fucked once and again and ended being together with a lying cheating slut who got pregnant with another man just to hook him and aborted her child. Talking about cold hearted bitch.

They are not going to be married for long. She will reverse to her old ways as soon as she gets bored of being poor. She will cheat on him and jump ships again.

You have no idea how to write a believable love story. All you can write is about wimps who make the same mistake over and over again and don't learn anything from their bad experiences.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Grab her thumb... “ Unlock the cuffs, bitch, or I’ll rip it off!”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You just had to fuck up a good story didn't you.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

The best story JPB wrote. It is a bit ridiculous that all the women are hitting on a guy though we don't know why and what is going on for him. But the characters seem to be normal people and this story does not have all the typical absurdities the other JPB stories are so full of. Except maybe for "Jessica" but that one is somewhat OK as well.

Interesting read.

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

Had to give it a one. Mickey was a gold digger and when her last shot at big money had his knee blown out, she wants back the man she admits was going to be her side piece. Literally admits it. You know the first time someone with some money starts chatting her up she is going to do a runner.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Why

Why didn't he ask Mickey what she had being doing for cock,the two years he was away?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A little long, but definitely one of your better ones. I read stories for the enjoyment, people need to remember that this is fiction not reality. Well Done.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 2 years ago

An abrupt ending, then 4stars.

The storie was very well built and even more well written, but the abrupt end was disappointing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Shit ending! No way can any self-respecting guy take that lying,cheating,dishonest twat back!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a worthless rotten ending!!! Why do you write stories with no ending??? You write good stories until the ending. Write good stories with a good ending and you would maybe border on being a very good author!

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexalmost 2 years ago

I'd give it 5stars if it had a better ending. Good grief, do you do everything in your life like that? Work really hard on something, get close to the ending and then just drop everything and walk away. You are a good writer and you could be even better if you'd learn how to end a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really liked this, one of your better stories for me, although the ending seemed a little abrupt. Thanks. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Poor damn fool, couldn’t get the rich farm boy, lost he football player, aborted some one’s child and he stays with her, he deserves what he gets in the end’

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are an outstanding writer. I havevread many of your works, including this one. To write a great piece and end it the way you did causes me to regret having taken the time to read this story. Please consider a second chapter to tie up loose ends.

Thank you.

G

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

While it's true that her track record says she'll do a runner when someone with money strikes her fancy, even when the story finished she was just a couple years out of college. People do grow and mature over time, and perhaps she has. But it's a gamble, as he said. Not sure it would be worth the gamble to me, but it depends on just how much he loves her.

On a meta level, I do find that a lot of JPB's stories have abrupt (perhaps incomplete) endings, but many of them have a more complete ending, and perhaps you can just mentally transplant one of them onto e.g this story.

NitpicNitpic7 months ago
Far

Far too long for what it was.Also the author needs to learn how to use commas.

NitpicNitpic7 months ago
What

What a dickhead.I bet his mates are running a book on long it will be before she cheats.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...