Rob and Mickey

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you trying to cause a war woman? You know Mickey will be there."

"I know. Believe me I know."

"I don't know if Alicia can make it."

"Of course I can silly."

She had finished her conversation with Nancy and had turned to me and heard the invitation. To be honest about it, knowing that Mickey would be there I wouldn't have gone by myself, but with Alicia at my side I wouldn't miss it. I acted reluctant and got an "Oh come on Rob" from Bev and an "It will be so much fun" from Alicia so I said that we would be there. Of course Mickey heard the entire conversation and I could tell that she was pissed and that fact alone warmed the cockles of my heart.

Our food came and as we ate the conversation was general. Occasionally Alicia would touch me in a way that left no doubt in anyone's mind as to the true nature of our relationship and I knew that she was doing it to tweak Michelle. When dinner was over Alicia and I said our goodbyes and left. In the car Alicia said:

"Your ex is not very happy to see you with another woman."

"I don't know why she would care. She didn't want me."

"Yes she does lover. Believe me; a woman knows about these things."

"She left no doubt in my mind that she was dumping me for Stan North."

"I don't think she intended to dump you. I think you forced her hand when you confronted her about the football player. I think she wanted her cake and to eat it too."

"Wouldn't have worked. Eventually she would have married the engineer of her gravy train and I'm not the kind of guy who would hang around as a lover on the side."

"All I'm saying is that she is not happy that she lost you."

"She didn't lose me; she threw me away."

"I'll tell you something else that you probably don't know. There was another young lady at that table with a strong interest in you."

"No way! Those three girls have been the tightest of friends since the first grade and Bev is married to my brother and that leaves Nancy and she would cut off her right hand before she would do anything to upset Mickey and if what you are saying about how Mickey feels is so there is no way that Nancy would have anything to do with me. Besides, I'm not interested in her."

"Why not? She is every bit as good looking as the other two."

"What can I say? I've gotten accustomed to steak so I'm not interested in hamburgers and hotdogs."

"You say the sweetest things. I guess I'm going to have to reward you."

And she did. I was barely able to walk the next morning.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Over breakfast the next morning Alicia asked what time we needed to be at Rich and Bev's and I said that we should get there about two.

"Do we need to bring anything?"

"They have a pool so a bathing suit would be good and a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon would probably be well received."

She looked at the digital clock on the microwave and said, "We have six hours before we need to be there. Any ideas on how we can fill in the time?"

I did.

We arrived at two and found that we weren't the first. There were already ten or twelve people there. I saw Mickey talking to Bev and Rich and I carried the case of beer over and gave it to Rich. Mickey gave me a nasty look and stomped off.

"She's not happy with you Rob."

"Why? She dumped me for another guy so why should she be unhappy with me?"

"I don't think she is too happy with how quick you replaced her."

"Tough doo doo. As far as I'm concerned she was history long before she dumped me in person. I was looking for her replacement as soon as I heard about her Panama City jaunt with the guy she is replacing me with."

"I think she feels that you should have tried a little harder to keep her."

"Bull hockey Bev! She was blunt and to the point. I was a loser who couldn't give her all the material things she wanted so she was going to upgrade. Enough of this. I need to get back to Alicia before someone else grabs her. Bev laughed and said:

"I thought you weren't a couple?"

"I'm working on it."

"Isn't she a little old for you?"

"We are not forever Bev; just helping each other over a rough spot in our lives. I don't see it lasting too long."

"However in the world did the two of you get together?"

"Told you last night. Her brother, my boss, was looking for someone to help her move. It just went from there."

"You do know that there are plenty of girls your own age who would love to pick up where Mickey left off."

"Yeah, but the only one of them I would want up and married my brother."

He laughed, punched me on the shoulder and said, "Flattery won't get you a damned thing, but seriously honey there are girls who are interested."

"Name one."

"Nancy."

"You can't be serious. As tight as she is with Mickey? She knows that Mickey would never speak to her again if se took up with me."

"You might be surprised Rob; you might just be surprised."

I headed for the pool and more nasty looks from Mickey. Why? Because Alicia was there in a bikini and lordy did she look fantastic. There were a lot of people there that I had gone to school with so I spent some time catching up on what had gone on with them since graduation. A lot of them were dying to ask me about Alicia, but managed to hold it in. I did notice that when I wasn't with her Alicia spent a lot of time talking to Bev and Rich.

It was a fun afternoon and after we left and were driving to Alicia's place she said:

"There were two or three girls there who were very much interested in you."

"And you are telling me this why?"

"You know we aren't going to last lover. Sooner or later I'm going to look for a man to settle down with and it wouldn't hurt for you to have a pool of replacements to choose from."

"Why are you going to look for a man when I'm perfectly willing to be your guy?"

"Because other than a crying need for sexual satisfaction we have nothing in common. I told you up front that I wanted your youthful recovery powers to help me get over several years of going without. I like you a lot Rob, but I don't love you. You are a great guy and I'm sorry that I took up with you."

"Why would you say something like that?"

"Because you are just the kind of guy I'd like to see my Jessica end up with, but now that we have become involved I can't introduce you to her. It would be just too awkward to have a son in law that I'd had so much sexual fun with."

I was silent for a bit and then I asked, "Just how much time do I have before you ease me out the door?"

"Not too much longer I think. There is a man in my office showing some interest in me and I think I'd like to explore the possibilities."

I was silent for the rest of the ride and as we pulled into the parking space in front of her condo she said:

"Don't go getting all pouty on me now lover. You knew we weren't going to have a long term relationship. Come on baby; lets go inside and I'll do my best to cheer you up."

She did and I wasn't pouting when I left, but I was a little on the down side knowing that I was a short-timer where Alicia was concerned. I had known that it wasn't long term when we started, but another year or two would have been nice.

+++++++++++++++++

I didn't get another year or two, but I did get another three weeks before she told me that we were over and even then I think that it was probably my fault. It was a Friday and I had just gotten off work and I decided to swing by Alicia's and see if she wanted to have dinner with me.

I rang the doorbell and it was opened by a girl my age. I had totally forgotten that Alicia had told me that her daughter Jessica would be home that weekend. She was beautiful. A younger version of her mother and she looked at me and said:

"Yes? What can I do for you?"

Before I could answer Alicia called out, "Who is it Jess?" and then she came around the corner of the living room wall, saw me and said:

"Rob? What are you doing here?"

Thinking fast I said, "Hi Mrs. Roberts. I couldn't find my checkbook and I was wondering if it might have dropped out of my pocket when I was here helping you move stuff."

"I'm sorry Rob, but I haven't seen it."

"Okay. I'll go check with Bill. I might have lost it in his car when he drove me over here. Sorry for the interruption" and I turned and beat feet.

I spent the weekend doing laundry, cleaning my apartment, working on my car and watching TV. Monday at work Alicia called me.

"Are you coming over tonight?"

"I would very much like to."

"See you at seven for dinner okay?"

"I'll be there."

I got there right at seven and saw that she had the table set for a romantic dinner. There were candles and wine glasses and as she led me to the table she said:

"I wanted tonight to be special."

As we ate she talked about her job and a promotion that she had gotten. I found out that her son had been selected for officer's candidate school and that Jessica had made the dean's list. After eating she poured me a Bailey's Irish Cream and then she hit me with it.

"One of the men at work has asked me out to dinner and after thinking it over I've decided to accept his invitation. I'm not the kind of girl who can keep a string of guys at the same time so what it comes down to is that if I start to see Phil I have to stop seeing you. Also there is the fact that Jess is going to be coming home more often and if I kept on seeing you she would inevitably see us together. I can already tell you that your checkbook ploy for stopping by didn't fool her a bit. She doesn't know for sure, but I can tell what she is thinking and the family dynamics are such that I can't have her finding out that I'm seeing a guy her own age. Given the way she feels about her father I may even have trouble selling her on a man my own age, but a younger man? Never!

"We have had a lot of fun together lover, but we both knew it had to end sometimes I hope I helped you get over what Michelle did to you and I know that you did me a world of good. I hope we can stay friends. Okay?"

What could I say? She was right. I picked up my glass of Bailey's and gave a toast.

"Here is to what we had and our continuing friendship."

She raised her glass and said, "And here's to a damned good goodbye sex session."

She put down her glass, stood and offered me her hand and said, "Dessert will be served in the bedroom."

DESC+++++++++++

As I was dressing to leave Alicia said, "You are going to be all right lover. I had a long talk with your sister in law and according to her the girls are lining up to see who can get you now that the old broad is out of the picture."

"Maybe, but how can you expect me to walk out of here and take up with one of them. It would be like giving up a Cadillac to start driving a Geo."

She laughed and said, "Get out of here before I drag you back to bed."

"I guess I'd better stall then."

She pointed at the bedroom door and said, "Go young man; get out of here now."

I went over, took her in my arms and kissed her. "I'll never forget you" I said as I let her go and turned to head for the door. "I know" I heard her softly say as I left the room.

As I drove home I wondered what was wrong with me. That was two women who had kicked me to the curb. It wasn't rational for me to think that way and deep down inside I knew it. Mick dumped me so she could go after some one with a ton of money and Alicia dropped me because of the age difference, but I still felt like a reject.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

The week flew by with me doing nothing but going to work and then going home to watch TV or read a book. I didn't even go out Friday or Saturday night. Sunday morning I got a call from Bev asking me over for dinner. I was tired of my own cooking so I said yes. When I got to Bev and Rich's place I found that they had also invited Nancy. If there had been other people there I wouldn't have thought a thing about Nancy being there, but with her and me being the only ones invited I was pretty sure that Bev was trying to play matchmaker.

I guess Bev didn't realize that Nancy was too close to Mickey for me to be interested in her. I was trying to forget Mickey -- to put her behind me -- and being with Nancy would be a constant reminder of Mickey. I didn't think that way about Bev because of the relationship we had way back before she married Rich.

Not a reasonable thought when you think about it. If Bev didn't remind me of Mickey because I'd screwed Bev wouldn't it follow that the same thing would happen if I bedded Nancy? I did have the thought that I should bed Nancy just to torque Mickey, but I wasn't asshole enough to do that to Nancy. Also there was the fact that Nancy just didn't appeal to me. She was a nice enough girl and a damned fine looking one, but there was no attraction there.

If there was any doubt about Nancy and I just being simply dinner guests it was dispelled at the end of the meal when Bev told Rich to help her with the dishes and the two of them left me and Nancy sitting alone at the table. I tried to make conversation by asking her what she was doing and then listening intently as she told me all about her job. I asked her what she did for relaxation and I heard about the book club she belonged to and that met every Wednesday night at the library. Then she told me about the women's league that she bowled in on Thursdays.

In return I told her about my job and that I mostly stayed home and watched TV. Then she said that I needed to get out and about and that I might enjoy bowling and there was a mixed league forming and that maybe we could join it. I caught the "we" but let it pass without comment. Finally Bev and Rich came back into the room and Bev suggested we play some cards. I looked at my watch and said that I had an early day the next day and that I had to be going. I thanked Bev for the dinner and then I got the hell out of there.

+++++++++++++++++++++

The next week was nothing but work and go home to read or watch TV. Thursday Bev called and said they would be barbecuing on Sunday and would I like to come. Remembering her attempt at matchmaking I asked who all would be there and she named off half a dozen people that I knew so I said I'd be glad to come.

I wasn't there five minutes when Nancy appeared by my side and attached herself to me for the rest of the day. I was friendly and cordial, but I didn't offer her any encouragement. On the other hand I wasn't discouraging either which was probably a mistake on my part. At one point -- and I have no idea how it happened -- I found that we were holding hands and I happened to look over at Bev and she was smiling. I let go of Nancy's hand and told her that I needed to go to the bathroom.

I found Rich and told him that I needed to leave. "And Rich? Tell Bev to stop with the matchmaking. Nancy's a nice girl, but I'm just not interested."

"She isn't going to stop bro. She is too tight with Nancy and Nancy keeps telling her how much she likes you. You aren't going to shut down Bev so what you are going to have to do is shut down Nancy."

Yeah, sure and how was I going to do that without looking like a prime asshole. I was heading for the front door when Bev caught me.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to get out of here before things get bad."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that I have to get out of here before I hurt Nancy's feelings."

"I don't understand. It looked like you guys were getting along fine."

"Look Bev; she's a nice girl and I like her, but not in the way she wants. I'm not attracted to her in that way. I've got to go" and I left.

Tuesday after work I decided I didn't want to cook for myself so I hit the Denny's on Fairfax. I was sitting there reading the menu when someone sat down in the booth across from me. I looked up and saw that Nancy had joined me.

"Why did you leave the party without saying goodbye to me?"

I sat there trying to think of something to say when she said, "Look Rob, I know that you are hurting from what Michelle did to you, but you shouldn't. She's my friend and I'd die for her if I had to, but even though she is my friend I'm not blind to her faults. She is very materialistic and she is always looking for the guy who can give her what she wants. She loved you and I know that she did, but she was never going to marry you because you would never be able to give her what she wants.

"Every time she went to Cartersville she dated a guy whose father owned several farms, a feed store, grain elevators and a whole bunch of other stuff. She was trying to hook him the entire time she was dating you. He even went so far as to get herself pregnant so he would have to marry her. When she told him he laughed at her and told her he would never marry a slut like her. He told her that if she would cheat on you with him she would cheat on him sooner or later. When she went back to Cartersville to help take care of her grandmother? It wasn't to help out poor old granny. She was having an abortion. You need to get over her Rob. You need to find someone else. Some one who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated."

I knew that she was offering herself to be that some one and I sat there trying to figure out how to get myself out of the situation. I decided to do some play acting.

"Abortion? She had an abortion? Oh my God! What if it wasn't his? What if it was mine? Oh my God. I'm sorry Nancy. I don't feel well. I think I need to be alone."

"You don't have to go through this alone Rob. Call me; I'll be glad to help."

"Thanks Nancy, I appreciate your offer, but not now. I need to be alone."

He stood up, bent over, kissed me on the cheek and then left the restaurant. So Mickey had had an abortion? Well it wasn't mine. I always used a condom and none of them ever broke on me. Nancy had totally misread me. I wasn't down in the dumps over Mickey; I just didn't want Nancy, but I couldn't tell her that. It was true that I wasn't over Mick and probably would never be, but I was far from being crushed and devastated because we weren't together.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Another couple of days went by and I was again sitting in a booth at Denny's when someone sat down across from me. It wasn't Nancy. It was Alicia's daughter Jessica. She smiled at me and said:

"Hi. Did you ever find your checkbook?"

It took me a second to remember that I'd used the lost checkbook as an excuse when I'd stopped by Alicia's. I shook my head no and said:

"No, I never did find it. I thought for sure that I'd lost it helping your mother move or in your Uncle Bill's car, but I never did find it."

She laughed and said, "You're cute, but you can't lie for beans."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that you are busted dude. The girl I ride to school with had a family emergency a while back and had to leave school a day early. I had a choice. Come home with her a day early or end up stuck at school for the weekend. I opted to skip a day of school and ride home with her. I must have been really quiet when I came in the house because you and mom didn't hear me. You really should close bedroom doors when you are being naughty. Anyway, once I saw what was going on I quietly left, spent the night with a girlfriend and then showed up at the house at my regular time. What happened to you two? You don't come around any more and she isn't near as happy with the dweeb she is seeing now as she was with you."

"A short sad story."

"I've got time to listen."

"I don't think I can tell you."

"Sooner or later you will. Now that I know where to find you I'll dog you until you tell."

"You know where to find me?"

"Well duh! You are wearing a uniform shirt with "Rob" over one pocket and a Ford logo over the other and there is only one Ford dealer in town."

"It is personal between your mother and me."

"Balder-hockey! I've already told you that I'm going to haunt you until I find out and I am one very persistent female."