All Comments on 'Robin'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A Way Out

As a recovering Alcoholic myself I can detect the honesty and knowledge of the program shown here. Sounds like a true story heard in the rooms around the tables. To anyone who reads this and sees a similarity to themselves, keep searching, the answers are there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Made me laugh, made me cry.

I'm still wiping away tears of identification joy and pain. Thank you for telling a female version of my story.

sash3394sash3394over 14 years ago
Cried like a baby.

I can honestly say reading a story on Literotica has never made me cry before. I' ve ready stories that made me angry enough that I couldn't sleep before, but never one that moved me to tears before. You should be very proud of this story, it is very poignant and thought provoking. Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
20 tons

- so much for pathos. Hope you know the source.

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
great story

very touching. Having lived through it and seen others go through it I can relate. After several years I still think about the shit every day. Never got along with AA due to the religious component but whatever works for you, go for it. More power to you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Sounds like ole time AA

JimBob44. Thanks for putting it the way drunks, addicts and whores -- male and female - actually talk.

BTW Aside from not waking up in the morning not needing a drink, what I like best about AA is you don't have to fuck for ride.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
'Tis a helluva ting

The program can work wonders BUT only for those willing to work wonders themselves - even if they think they cannot do it.

You simply cannot save someone FOR them - they are the only \ones who can save themselves - but you can help.

My fiance is going to her regular meeting tonight - 33 years sober - still is not cured though - never will be.

loveoverlustloveoverlustabout 9 years ago
DESIRES >HABIT >CRAVINGS >ADDICTION.

Desires & Addictions are never exhausted. They exhaust us.

-Bhruthari- (original Sanskrit)

The 5th star.Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Missed This One

I Thought that I had read all your stories (I give them all fives). This one is your most powerful.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 7 years ago
One of the best!

This is one of the most moving and realistic stories on this site. It is really that good!

I love your writing, your characters, and the ring of truth you bring to these stories. I know you have been in those rooms, and seen and heard the real people that have struggled with addiction and recovery. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.

Your writing makes me want to live in DeGarde or Bender, and I don't like bugs! Or heat! Or humidity! But I love the images you paint in my mind.

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic

The best story I have ever read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

There are not too many smokers meetings any more. It is hard to find a ashtray around the table. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, Robin is an alcoholic druggie skank all in one!! No use blaming anyone else when she was the problem

SBC97281SBC97281about 1 year ago

I believe that all the characters in Robin are people who I know and talk with. That makes it a great story with a good message. Addiction consumes as was described. There are but a couple paths out and AA is one.

KinPAKinPA2 months ago

One of your best…truly exemplary.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5083 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.