Rob's Saga Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I got home from work that night I found that Audrey had taken a day off from work and had used that day to move back into the house. She and the girls were in the kitchen making dinner and since they weren't scowling at each other I assumed that things were so far okay. Barb said:

"Dinner will be ready in about five minutes daddy" and I saw Audrey give a quick glance Barb's way. I would bet that that "daddy" was Barb's way of letting Audrey know that she was staking a claim to part of me and letting Audrey know that there was a strong relationship there that Audrey wasn't going to be allowed to mess with.

Dinner conversation was mostly Audrey and the girls getting to know each other. Audrey wanted to know about what they liked in school, did they have boyfriends, what they wanted to do when they got out of school and other stuff like that. The twins wanted to know about Audrey and in the process I found out about things that I hadn't known. Before the split Audrey had worked part time in a clothing store, but while she was gone she had taken classes at the community college and had gotten a full time job as a legal secretary and was still taking classes to become a paralegal. The three women seemed to like each other enough to get along and that is all I cared about.

The girls were off doing there homework and Audrey and I were sitting on the couch in the living room when she said:

"Daddy? They call you daddy?"

"I had no say in the matter Aud. It is what they decided they wanted to call me."

"Still, I have a hard time seeing you as a daddy."

"It is just a term of affection Aud, not a description of what or who I am. According to what Kari once told me they have always wanted a father figure in their lives and I guess they decided that it was going to be me."

"I think I like them Rob and I hope they like me."

That night when we went to bed I was wearing pajamas. Since I usually sleep naked it was my way of letting Audrey know that there was not going to be any sex. When she got in bed she moved over to snuggle up to me and I moved away from her. She rolled over on her side and we both went to sleep.

I woke up with a hot mouth on my dick and in my half asleep half awake state I thought it was Kari, but then I remembered that she was gone and I thought it must be that Bev or Barb had come into the room. I was all set to panic when I remembered that Audrey was there. By the time I had worked it all out in my head Audrey had impaled herself on my cock and was riding me. I tensed and Audrey hissed:

"Don't even think about it. Try to push me away and I'll sink my nails so deep into you I'll tear chunks out of you as you push me off."

She needn't have bothered with the threat because by then the little head had taken control away from the big head.

"It has been too damned long for me baby. Tomorrow we can make love, but tonight we fuck."

And we did. Three times and Audrey wanted a fourth, but I could not get it back up. She tried though. She spent twenty minutes on me with her mouth, but it just would not get up to play. Finally she looked down at me and said:

"You bastard! You were fucking Kari weren't you?

I just shrugged and she went on, "No way you could have lasted as long as you did if you had gone without since I've been gone."

Again all I could do was shrug.

"Not fair. If Kari would have been honest with me I might have been able to play a little too and I wouldn't have suffered so much. Not fair at all."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Over the next month Audrey did her best to try and make up for lost time. It was two and sometimes three times a night every night and I went to work in the morning exhausted. Finally she must have figured that she had caught up enough to back off a bit. The love making slacked off to three or four times a week and usually only one time a night.

Audrey and the twins had settled into a sisterly type relationship with Audrey being the big sister. They went shopping for clothes together and Audrey took them to the beauty parlor she went to. It was the twin's first visit to a hair dresser and they couldn't wait to get home and show me their new hair style. Yes, style, not styles. They were still doing the twin thing and trying to stay alike.

It was coming up and the twin's eighteenth birthday and graduation was going to be the same week. The girls had earned some scholarships and they both planned on attending the community college to work on nursing degrees. Audrey was still taking evening classes three nights a week to get what she needed to become a paralegal and the girls were pumping her about what college was like. Audrey tried to talk them into attending a regular school for nursing, but the girls insisted on going the community college route. It seemed to upset Audrey, but I didn't think anything of it at the time.

Because Bev and Barb's birthday and graduation fell in the same week Audrey decided to throw them a combination birthday and graduation party. The house was full of kids and I was kept busy making sure that nothing happened that would get the police or other parents involved. Twice I caught kids sneaking away to drink from a bottle that they had stashed and once I had to chase a couple out of one of the bedrooms, but all in all it was a good party.

Audrey and I were in the kitchen cleaning up and Barb came in to help. "Where's Bev" I asked.

"She and Marv are on the swing in the back yard necking. I don't know what she sees in him; he is such a twit."

Audrey giggled and said, "Twits need loving too."

"She probably thinks the same about Randy" I said.

"Oh puleease" Barb snorted, "Randy is just a date and I don't have any interest in him."

"Is that why you sat in his car steaming up the windows when he brought you home last night?"

"I didn't say that I didn't like him, just that he is nobody special."

"Right!" Audrey and I said almost in unison.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

The twins got jobs for the summer, the months flew by and suddenly the girls were off to college. Before the month was out Bev had come up with a steady boyfriend and for the first time since I met them they were spending much more time apart than had been the norm. Barb seemed content to play the field.

Audrey was working hard at trying to prove to me that I was the love of her life, but as I told her before she ever moved back in that getting my trust back was going to be a hard thing for her to do. I watched her for any sign that all wasn't as it should be. She had evening classes on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and one Wednesday I actually parked down the street from where she worked and followed her to see where she went after work. She drove to the college, got out of her car with a book bag and walked into one of the buildings.

The holidays came around and with them the usual parties. Audrey and I had a good time at my company Christmas party, but I couldn't say the same for hers. I got the definite impression from the people she worked with that as a production line supervisor I was beneath them and when Audrey introduced me to the lawyer whose secretary she was I took an instant dislike to the man. I can't explain why, but I did not like him. Maybe it was the way he looked at me or maybe it was his hand shake, but I knew right away that I didn't like and would never like Mark Hathaway. I did my best to be sociable for Audrey's sake, but I was more than happy to say goodnight to the whole bunch when the party broke up.

Christmas Eve at the dinner table Bev asked, "Does anybody notice anything different?" as she patted her hair with her left hand. I didn't catch it, but Audrey did and shortly after Audrey said, "Oh my God" Barb squealed "When?"

"Yesterday" Bev said as she stuck her hand out to show off the engagement ring. "Benny proposed last night when he brought me home. We aren't going to get married until I get my degree, but Benny said he had to ask now before someone else beat him to it."

Then Barb and Audrey started with the questions. "Did he go down on his knee?" "What did he say?" "Were you surprised" and on and on. I got up and left the three of them there yakking away.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

It was a Wednesday in February -- the day before Valentines Day - and Bev was out somewhere with Benny and Audrey was at her Wednesday night class. Barb and I were home alone.

"Can I ask you something personal dad?"

"Sure you can sweetie, but I may not answer you."

"Is everything okay between you and Audrey?"

"As far as I know. Why do you ask?"

"Just curious."

"Bullshit baby girl. You don't do anything for no reason. What prompted that question?"

"I'm sorry I asked. It isn't any of my business anyway"

"But you did ask Barb, so give."

"It is just that Audrey is supposed to be taking evening classes like I am, but I never see her there and the place isn't so big that we shouldn't run into each other every once in a while."

"I don't know why you never see each other, but to answer your question everything id fine with us."

At least I thought it was, but was it?

Thursday I was parked down the street from the law offices of Bingham, Bingham and Hathaway when Audrey came out the front door on the arm of Mark Hathaway. The got into his Cadillac Escalade and drove off with me following. They drove to a gated community out near the country club. I had no way to follow them inside so I parked where I could watch the gate. Three hours later the Escalade came out and I followed it back to the BB and H employee lot. Audrey got out of the car, leaned back inside and gave Hathaway a kiss and then walked to her car.

I shot home and was there sitting on the couch watching TV when she got home. She breezed in, kissed me and told me that it had been a rough day at work followed by a bad night at school because one of her instructors had picked the paper she had just turned in to pieces.

"I'm going to go soak in the tub and then we can go to bed and you can console me. Sound like a plan?"

I wasn't quite ready to confront her so I just smiled and said, "You bet." I managed to get through the weekend without strangling her and Monday I followed her and Hathaway again. Wednesday she did actually go to school, but Thursday it was back to the gated community again. I knew all I needed to know so I drove on home and began to make plans.

Audrey was history and that was a given, but I needed a way to get back at Hathaway so I was stuck with pretending that all was well with Audrey and me until I could come up with a plan. Over the next two weeks I came up with a dozen plans, but every one of them turned out to have a glitch. I could have just caught Hathaway alone somewhere and stomped the fuck out of him, but that isn't what I wanted. I wanted to ruin him. I wanted to sue him for alienation of affections and smear his reputation as a lawyer. Maybe do a good enough job that his partners would kick him out of the firm. To get what I needed though I needed a way to get into his gated community so I could peek in his windows and take photos or kick down his door and get pictures of Audrey and him doing the dirty.

I made an appointment with a private detective and he told me that there wasn't any way that I could get what I really needed. He said he could arrange to be inside the gate when Hathaway and Audrey got there and take pictures of Audrey going inside the town home, but those pictures would prove nothing other than Audrey had visited. Even if he could get inside Hathaway's place and plant video cameras and recording devices their product would be inadmissible as evidence because they would have been illegally obtained. His advice to me was to suck it up, sue using Irreconcilable Differences and be done with it.

I was sitting o0n the couch with a beer in my hand and staring at the wall trying to think of some way to fuck Hathaway when Audrey came into the room and sat down beside me.

"Where are you right now?"

"What?"

"You have been distant lately and here you are sitting and staring at the wall. So where are you right now? Where is tour head?"

I didn't say anything, just looked at her and she reached over and touched me.

"You know don't you?"

I looked at her and nodded my head yes.

"The girls are going on a ski trip with some friends this weekend and I was going to tell you then while we were alone, but I guess now is as good a time as any. I love you Rob, I really and truly do, but it isn't working out. It isn't your fault. I am the one who made it so you would never trust me again and the ironic part is that even though I never did what made you distrust me in the first place you were right in not trusting me when I came back.

"I really did want to put us back together and I have tried my damndest since I've been back, but it hasn't gotten me anywhere and I've come to realize that it never will. We have sex, but you have never really made love to me since I've been back and we don't snuggle and cuddle like we used to. You barely show me any affection at all. In a way you are to blame for what has been going on because you are the one who kept pounding it home that you doubted that we would ever make it. I came home with high hopes, but in the back of my mind I always doubted that you would ever accept me again. I convinced myself that the only reason you let me come back was so that I could be your protection against the girls.

"I lied and I am sure that you know I did when I said I had never had sex while we were apart. I never did before I left, but I couldn't go without forever and I started an affair with Mark about three months after I started working for the firm. It was supposed to be just a friends with benefits kind of thing at first. I told him up front that I still loved you and intended to get back with you somehow. He accepted that and even tried to help. He was the one who suggested the trial separation to force counseling, but we know how that turned out. Over the course of our friends with benefits relationship Mark fell in love with me. I liked him, I liked him a lot, but my level of affection for him wasn't anywhere close to how I felt about you. I made it plain to Mark that you were my guy and he loved me enough to want to see me happy so he accepted that I was always going to want you first and he accepted what little I would give him.

"Then we talked and you agreed to let me come home and that is where I failed you. No matter how much I loved you, no matter how bad I wanted it to work out I didn't think that it would because of your constantly telling me how hard it would be for you to ever trust me again and so I hung onto Mark as my security blanket and I would meet him once a week or so to keep him interested in me. I really did have classes on the nights I said I did, but six weeks ago I tested out of my Monday and Thursday classes. This last month I finally accepted that you and I were never going to be any more than friendly roommates and friendly roommates just isn't enough for me Rob. I love you too much to just settle for that. I started spending my now freed up Mondays and Thursdays with Mark and thinking about what I should do. I decided to do both of us a favor and end it.

"I'm going to file for divorce using Irreconcilable Differences and Mark is going to handle it for me. I won't be asking for anything except the end of the marriage. After a suitable length of time I will most likely marry Mark. I know I will never love him as deeply as I've loved you, but at least he wants me. All of me. I'm sorry it didn't work out Rob. God knows I would have given anything to make it work, but I guess some things are just not to be."

She leaned over, kissed me and said, "I'll sleep in the spare bedroom tonight and move out while you are at work tomorrow."

She got up and left the room, but paused at the stairs and said, "Don't ever doubt it Rob; I do love you" and then she went up the stairs and she was gone when I got home from work the next day.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

It happened just as she said. I was served and she asked for nothing. I didn't even have to get an attorney; all I had to do was sign the papers and send them back. That's all, just sign them and send them back, but for some strange reason I didn't do it. I tossed the papers on the desk in the den and left them lie there.

For the next week the twins tried to cheer me up telling me that it was all for the best, that it was obvious that it was never going to work out, that it was never meant to be and other such platitudes. One night I woke up as someone climbed into bed with me and Barb's voice said:

"Relax daddy. Your pee-pee is safe. I just thought you needed someone to hold you and I appointed myself as the holder."

We fell asleep in each other's arms. The next night it was Bev and the night after that it was Barb again. For the next week the girls rotated and surprisingly enough they behaved.

Until one Monday morning.

I woke up with Barb's hand on my cock. I went to push it away, but she held on to it.

"I told you the other night that your pee-pee was safe, but I had to let you know that I still want it. I'm over eighteen daddy and I'm totally legal and I dearly want what I have in my hand, but you have to be the one to make it happen. There won't be any sneak attacks from me. No ropes around the chair; no waking you up with blow jobs in the middle of the night. I'm yours if you want me, but you will have to be the one to make it happen."

She let go of my cock, kissed me and then said, "I've got an eight o'clock this morning and I'm going to have to hurry to make it" and she got up and left the room leaving me with a seriously hard dick.

Barb and Bev were indeed both legal and they had both wanted to be in my bed. I didn't know about Bev now that she was engaged to Benny, but it was obvious that Barb was ready.

One thing I had never done was lie to myself. I had lusted after both of the girls since the day that Kari had brought them to the house. It was only my determination not to go to jail as a child molester that had kept me away from them. That fear was now gone, but something else had taken its place. That night when Barb came home I told her flat out that what she wanted could never be.

"You are legal sweetie and I will admit that I have always wanted you, but there is something in the way. Even though there are no blood ties between us you are my daughter. Your mother with her dying breath entrusted you to me. I promised her that I would take care of you and I was aware that what she was asking of me was that I keep you safe. To me that meant safe from all harm and safe from what your mother feared most and that was that you and I or Bev and I would have sex. Your mom was so dead set against that ever happening that she put herself in my bed to keep you out of it. I will not betray your mother's trust. You are my girl, my baby, my daughter and as such I will never touch you in the way you want. I will love you and cherish you as a father should and that will have to be enough for you."

Tears started flowing and she cried out, "That's just not fair" as she ran from the room. As I watched her go I thought, "Maybe not fair baby girl, but it is what's right."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Audrey was surprised when she came out of the offices of BB and H with Hathaway to find me sitting on the sidewalk on a folding chair. I pointed to the other folding chair and said "sit!" She looked from me to Mark and then back at me and then she sat down. I handed her the divorce papers and said:

"If you look you will see that they are not signed. Before you ask me why I have a few things to say. I cheated you when I told you that you could come back and try to put things back together. I let you come back and all the while in the back of my mind I had the thought that it was never going to happen. I had already made up my mind that you were going to leave me again in your search for fun and excitement and why wouldn't you? I was an unexciting stick in the mud and I knew it and I also knew that was who I was and that I wasn't going to change. So not really believing we had a chance I didn't try. I went through the motions with one eye on the calendar trying to pick out the day, week or month when it would happen. What is so stupid about it is that I really did want it to work. I did want us to put things back together.