All Comments on 'Rockhoppers Ch. 09'

by taxandtithe

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
dinkymacdinkymacabout 8 years ago
Wow!!

Only one chapter to go??

Thanks for sharing.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 8 years ago
Outstanding!

I thought of at least 3 different spinoff scenarios from this story already. You are doing a fantastic job here. Keep it coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Funny and odd

You mix sci-fi with sex stuff so seamlessly.

Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, Ray Bradbury- they would all be rather impressed.

Though I guess they would not have your - testicular fortitude.

You make a story play. And you write well. And the last couple of days, I have looked forward to reading each chapter.

So.

Well thanks. I know that people insult you. Well Phuck 'em.your offering is pretty damn good..

chris42@bcsmd.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

You jumped the shark when the commander ordered Marines to the derelict craft in direct disregard of the warning from one of the long dead crew members. Sheer arrogance and stupidity, which does not fit with the rest of the story.

kizkizkizkizabout 8 years ago
Meh

I don't think it was a stretch that with 2 people deeply, emotionally invested with the crew might be curious. If we assume technological progress continued exponentially, which it seemed like it had in the 80 years since. It strikes me as being analogous to being warned not to go near a "poisonous mine" that just happened to contain some radioactive material which the people at the time couldn't understand but they knew it was dangerous. Plus, it's the first opportunity at sentient life...

The only problem I might have is...nanites being only used medically, but again there are some plot holes in this story...but I think overall they were managed well and the story a fun read.

I just love the time displacement. I mean a billion year old organism cool with self-destructing. It's so cool.

MikeyStoneMikeyStoneover 7 years ago
Three words...

Fucking selfdestruct already!

But that should be obvious, so I'll pick "fucking amazingly outstanding." Or rather "when will this-be-made-into-a-movie-prettyplease?"

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 7 years ago
What are their options and chances of survival?

I think that your ending will be nuclear if the next is the final chapter. In my opinion, even if they succeed in destroying the Alien, the Captain should order a "Self Destruct". Better to be safe than sorry! Altogether a really great 5***** story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous