All Comments on 'Room Wanted Ch. 01'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Great story,loved it.Surely there is more to come from this wonderful family ?? I certainly hope so .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Amazing characters

And the romance wasn't so bad either. Really enjoyed all the differences in the family.

Thank you.

ag2507ag2507almost 7 years ago
You missed a trick. Lol

At least one picture of all three original dresses.

#grin.

PickeringPickeringalmost 7 years ago
Great start!!

Looking forward to the future chapters. Great character development and dialogue.

Thank you very much for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Absolutely fucking perfect!!

The characters, the backstories, everything just falls together like a masterpiece. And the ending!!

You have me hooked!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
brilliant

as title says brilliant, bring on chapter two

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent

Great story and interesting characters. It will be interesting how the story develops in -02. Have loved all your stories. Thank you.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 7 years ago
Really good start

Looking forward to the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
In English? 5-Stars

One of us has a problem with acronyms & English. I spent 21 years in the military (Air Force) and grew up in California so it can’t be me? I think I needed a decoder ring to have a full appreciation for the content, but the gist was wonderful.

That said, this was a very enjoyable read, so 5-Stars and I hope you’ll continue it. I’ll be checking back daily for chapters 2-30. In the meantime I’ll be looking at your other stories.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
well done

A beautiful, moving tale very well told

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wonderful

Lovely, can't wait for more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story

Thank you , x 3 !

merf68merf68almost 7 years ago
Wonderful

A beautiful story, so well told. On this site it is rare not to have a fuck-fest: this was perfect. Even the final sex was tasteful and discrete.

I must check out the rest of your work. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us.

5* is not enough.

kdlucaskdlucasalmost 7 years ago
I am so excited!

What a fabulous story! I can't wait for more chapters. Please keep them coming -- no pun intended. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Superb. Hope there's another chapter to follow soon.

AZPTRAZPTRalmost 7 years ago
Great

I really enjoyed the world you created. The build up was well done.

Robyn1859Robyn1859almost 7 years ago
Complex but simple

Complex family and relationships but such a simple story well told! Thank you

acupacupalmost 7 years ago
Great start

Reads like the first part of several.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Brilliant! Nearly perfect

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 7 years ago
Lovely tale

I enjoyed your storytelling and being able to breathe life into the characters.

firemanlitfiremanlitalmost 7 years ago

"She appeared at about half four"

OK, that phrase tells me a real Englishman wrote this fine story. That is their odd way of telling us it is about 4:30..

doofus67doofus67almost 7 years ago
Superb

What a wonderfully written story. I love character driven stories you have some really interesting kids (and indeed adults) to work with here. Carla's backstory and indeed the hospice scene with Tom were well written and quite emotional.

Now onto part 2...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I need more stars

5 isn't enough. LIT NEEEDS MORE STORIES LIKE THIS. It actually has a story line not just words that lead to mindless shagging. Not that I don't mind mindless shagging. But what a pleasure to read.

More please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Looking forward to read the next sequel ;-)

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Brilliant

Loved the complexity of the blended family. The darkness of their back stories added to the elation reached by their rise from the depths.

Looking forward to watching the progression of the relationship.

arzurimaidenarzurimaidenover 6 years ago
tear-jerkingly good!!

I read enough Harry Potter fanfics to get the English English thing already and it's refreshing to find it here! I cried a bit reading Naomi's background (I'm blaming my hormones too). I love the details and all the characters and can sense how much effort you put into the story. Thanks for the great read!! (BTW, I read the whole story already, 5 stars all the way).

risgrynsfiskrisgrynsfiskover 6 years ago
Wish I had written this.

But since I haven't, I'm very glad you did. On to part two.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Very very good!!!!!!!

What a great beginning. I am so looking forward to reading on!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bloody Brilliant

No more to say

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sure would love to see more in this series!

Please!

Sak77Sak77over 6 years ago
English English, not American English, lol

I'll be honest. Despite having lived in the UK for quite a while, I STILL had to keep a Google page opened on an adjacent tab with "British Slang" already in the search bar so I could just copy and paste the particular "WTH is THAT?!" LOL WONDERFUL first chapter!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Damned Good

The words flew off the page and generated good feelings of understanding of 'people interaction'.

Thank You

HP

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 5 years ago
If the rest of the story is anything like this...

Count me in!

netgnosticnetgnosticover 4 years ago
head lice

The method described to get rid of Carla's head lice won't work - whole families, dormitories, army barracks, prison cellblocks etc. usually have to be treated as a group, because close contact like hugging, sharing hairbrushes, sleeping in the same bed, sharing pillows, towels, hats, scarves or other clothes will just spread and re-spread the infestation and keep re-infesting a person who has been treated successfully. But washing/drying clothes hotter than 130° F or plastic bagging them for two weeks kills everything. You have to deal with the people and the clothes & bedding with a strategy at the same time.

BTW, normal, clean people with good hygiene get head lice too, it could even happen at Buckingham Palace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not for me

I guess I’m in the very tiny minority who just didn’t enjoy this and had to stop at page 7 the writing just isn’t for me, in some chapters far too much information is provided like a large laundry list that never ends. In others hardly any information is provided. Reading this was jarring at points, and some of the writing made little sense. It’s PMS not PMT and no woman in their right mind wears white underwear on their period. It just doesn’t happen, especially when you’re wearing a sanitary towel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Brilliant story telling

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very Nice

I think this story is pretty fantastic, a sort of modern faerie tale. And speaking of lice, as one commentor deigned to do, what a load of flimsy nitpicking some of these recent comments have been. It’s a great story and the naysayers should just be tuned OUT. Thanks, AO

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Lovely story

Very good heartwarming tale, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Just fuking WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thrill_ogrethrill_ogreover 2 years ago

You had me at K100rt!! I had an '86 and loved that bike. Great story, just finished all three chapters. Well Done!!

AussieGuy52AussieGuy52over 2 years ago

Just beautiful, very well written and a charming story.

Thanks indeed!

Rapier875Rapier875about 2 years ago

Just BRILLIANT !

Rapier

wapentakewapentakeabout 2 years ago

A thoroughly enjoyable, well written story, that is far and away the best that I have read for a long time.

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

There is something to it, but a good writer doesn't get to the extremes all the time. Her adoptive family, the former landlord, his kids past... Everything SO over the top. And how he tells the background of the kids in so much detail to someone he has known for less than two days. Having quite an unnatural monologue about each one, as well.

Nope, will not read the whole story, didn't even make it to half of this chapter before it started annoying too much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I disagree with @Strixaluco. Her adoptive family's poor behavior was a major factor contributing to her winding up with a scuzzy landlord -- a student with limited resources living in substandard housing is only a cliche because it's so common in reality. Giving her the rundown on the kids history isn't surprising; it's necessary -- she's going to be caring for them as part of her rent, so she needs to know their background and needs. It isn't common for one person to take on multiple kids with special needs, but it does happen -- my wife's uncle and aunt have fostered or adopted well over a dozen special needs kids. The situation is unusual, yes, but it's not unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow Strixaluco, you really missed out on an amazing story. I am no writer. This detail provided significant background to help understand the plight of the amazing main character. Her ability to transcend above her circumstances with class and stand forth as amazing person meeting everyone where they were at personally. Then she was able to aid each one she engaged with phenominal grace with out making matters worse. Particularly the kids were the benefactor of her weathering what she encountered in life to come along every individual with amazing positive outlook. Take care... To the author, I certainly enjoyed this and look forward to more.... keep on writing

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

only got thru page 1 and just have to say Ruth and John are total bitches, not worth the air they breathe. Onto page 2 and hopefully happier times and revenge.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

OMG what a great story. Character development is outstanding. Potential for an amazing life and family, unfortunately some future conflicts too. Added to my favorites list. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories