All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 21-24'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Duh !

It is a pity that you have to make your main character - Rose - a complete idiot just to advance the story line. There is no way a half competent FBI agent could be as thick as she is portrayed.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

So many vulnerabilities in that location now. Everybody knows Charlotte and her address now so not too surprising something happened. Though it does break form again. Now this person has shot from long range, close range, stabbed and used explosives. Wonder what kind? Improvised? High explosives? The latter would wipe the house and everyone in it off the map.

Someone also could have slipped a bug into one of those nutcrackers and have been listening in. The expected teacher should be escorted assuming that visit still happens. That's two near misses on Rose and hopefully a miss on Charlotte as well. I'm assuming Josh carried her out quickly. This could be ugly. Gunny probably went towards the bomb.

The rat needs discovered and fed bad intel. Hopefully Josh's crew was listening for communications when this happened so they might catch the escape direction if that last package was the bomb and it was a fake delivery person. If they can get to the surveillance cameras first they may get something. They actually need(ed) an attack in order pull it off. I just thought of a nickname or codename for the rat, Templeton. lol

Rose threw down the gauntlet when she said "I am confident we can identify the killer before she can strike again". Sounded like a challenge to me. Something a cocky killer would consider a challenge and want to rub her nose in it. As it were.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The suspense

Is one of the best things about this serie. I normally can’t stand the cliffhanger endings. But, this is getting good.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Ok, the following is a load of 'what if' speculation but hey, I gotta have a hobby.

With partwolf's chapter description, Enemies Foreign and Domestic, you have to wonder. The rat would be the domestic, or one of, so the sniper is actually foreign? Or do they both have a foreign boss or handler? The only foreign opponent for Renee was the cartel which they believe are all dead. But, unlike the research into female relatives of anyone she may have harmed during the war, they seem to be skipping any 'mob wife' possibly left behind after the cartel battle.

That could be a hardcore bitch with cash reserves. Reserves that could have bought or leveraged the rat. The rat could've been dirty as well back in the day, like Corrigan, and his or her marker has been called in. Probably called before any move just so they would know the moment the murders were pieced together and have a direct line on the fed's intel.

SAIC Hernandez? His anger at being denied command of a big operation in his sector may not have been just ego. Rather a perfect position. Nobody is gonna question the boss having an extra phone on him.

Agent Smith? (shouldn't he be chasing Mr Anderson? lol) Possible, but his position might be too low for such a job. He'd have an inside line being directly on the team but not the ability to make things disappear elsewhere.

Either of them could need other conspirators helping at the various collection/ analyzation locations.

They need to try and crack the voice masking themselves. Can't trust that anything has been done on the fed's end.

Rose may need to create a believable trap. If Gunny and Charlotte are ok, fake one or both of their deaths. With good enough distress shown by Rose they may believe they've removed her as an opponent through the loss. Hold the 'funeral' in an open human cemetery with targets, too juicy to ignore, in attendance. That's where Gunny would come in. *eg* Ella would be another possibility but if she wasn't seen it might raise a flag.

If the loss(es) are actual Rose will be crushed and the packs may have to set a trap behind her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Order Request

I would like to put in my order request for a Scout like Gunny. If 2 day shipping is available, I'd be much obliged but will wait until my order is ready. I am interested in the model similar to Gunny, one that puts his skills learned in the service to very good use EXACTLY in the way described in these chapters. Panther enhancement, not necessary however; same measurements would be optimal. Thank you in advance for fulfilling my order. Gift wrap not needed, as I will be trying out my order as soon as it arrives, over and over and over again.

-AD

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Don't let the sex limit the plot

You last 2 .chapters the sex dominates a submissive plot

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

Anyone who could hurt a child were or not is a POS

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

A little naive perhaps having all the post delivered like that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 16-20 Previous Part
Rose Series Info