All Comments on 'Roses'

by mythtrav16

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
SweetGaspsSweetGaspsabout 12 years ago
Beautifully written...

What a delightful story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Beautiful!

That really touched my heart, I almost shed a tear! (but as a guy, managed to hold it back). Is this based on a real myth?

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosabout 12 years ago
A thing of beauty!

It took whil to realy grab me, but once Epimonos and Ponane started interacting, I was...hooked!

Thank you so much for sharing your considerable talents with us!

PetorianPetorianabout 12 years ago
Amazing Storytelling

A beautiful combination of excellent writing, core romantic values, and sex. Not to mention Greek Mythology is a fantastic genre. Keep up the great work.

perseygoddessperseygoddessabout 12 years ago
My only wish is 5 stars does not seem to be

Enough

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
ROSES ARE RED, LIKE THE BLOOD I SHED FOR YOU

the harpists smile and a new book of rules. TK U MLJ LV NV

snowflakebabesnowflakebabeabout 12 years ago
Omg

This story was amazing and very touching. U are an amazing writer!!!

PrincessJezebelPrincessJezebelabout 12 years ago
Simply beautiful!

Well-written, sweet, romantic and touching--everything one could ask for. Thank you for this incredible gift.

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182about 12 years ago
inventive

what a sweet allegory. i really like the idea of the thorn covered harpist, and i thought her giving birth to the rose bush was very imaginative. magic, sex, and music, yum.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Lovely. :D

This is absolutely lovely. Thank you.

mythtrav16mythtrav16about 12 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Thank you everyone who voted on Roses, and helped it become the Earth Day 2012 Contest winner!

I was proud of this story when I submitted it, but I never thought it would go over so well. Thank you so very much for your kindness and support! And a special thank you to everyone who made public or private comments. The encouragement is nice to read and I've even learned some interesting things from you.

Highland FoxHighland Foxabout 12 years ago

A genuinely great story. Congratulations on winning the Earth Day Contest.

Perhaps a couple of comments to make future stories even better, both centred around the theme of avoiding anachronisms.

The toga was invented by the Romans, so unless you are writing about Greece during the Roman Imperial period (in which case he would have needed to have been a Roman citizen to have worn one, or have been in deep trouble from the nearest garrison), your protatonist would have been wearing a sort of tunic (probably a chiton, since it's warm enough to run around naked!) and a cloak.

Women did wear underwear, but this would have been something resembling a loincloth (also worn by men) and a breastband or strophon, sometimes covering both breasts, sometimes one, and sometimes tied beneath them to accentuate them. While corsets existed in Bronze Age Minoan society, the notion of a b-cup bra (this jarred, sorry!) just didn't work for me. The brassiere as we understand it was not developed until the 19th century CE.

I'm in the process of writing a story set a few hundred years earlier, and it's amazingly difficult to get these details right. I've been rummaging through all kinds of odd sources trying to check information, and deciding whether to accept what we're told by early mythographers or stick with what's in the archaeological record. Mostly this kind of information is pretty straightforward to look up, however.

Mostly, though, this did not spoil a really good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
My view of Roses has changed forever

What a beautiful, and uplifting story that reaffirms the power of love and how a Rose is so fitting as a powerful, visual symbol of love. Also, your ending summed this feeling up so nicely. The Rose - a symbol of love's promise that waits to be given and recevied; full of promise, yet full of fear of love unrequited, but yet, if nothing is ventured, nothing is gained. Thanks again for reminding me of love's full potential. I think today would be a wonderful day to buy a Rose for my wonderful wife and whenever I do so again, I'll always be reminded of this beautiful story of yours. Thank you!

mythtrav16mythtrav16about 12 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous

Anon, if you truly love her (and it sounds like you certainly do), then *every* day is a great day to let her know how you feel. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank you

Beauty is often hidden behind defenses but worth the time and patience it takes to realize it.

LDeathNoteLDeathNoteabout 12 years ago
Congrats

Congrats on winning the earth day contest and it was a wonderful story.

LUSTYWHEELSLUSTYWHEELSabout 12 years ago
Wow

I'm not one for romance normally as is sappy but you told a wonderful tale beautifully. A remarkable story I am pleased you won the contest u deserve it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful

This was a 5 star easy. There is the usual few typos and possible edits though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A deserving first prize

Thank-you for this beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Quiet Response

Erotic literature struggles between the treacherous lines of overly redundant, uncreative smut, and over-thought, wordy bore. You have found a delightful niche as an author-- even writing simply plot based segments before the sexual climax... I found myself reading those anyway, with anticipation. Props, props to you. It shows that you are not just another horny writer, but a true master of the human mind and desires. Well done!

M.

PoisonlovePoisonlovealmost 12 years ago
Congratulations!

This is the first time I read winners and I will keep up with works like yours, definitely you outdid your work, it was a poem of love what you wrote and I found myself loving it even more because I am a HUGE FAN of Roses! something so beautiful as a flower woke in you such wordings and details. WOW I am amazed!!!! Great job, you really deserve being a winner

theInsaneArtisttheInsaneArtistalmost 12 years ago

This was beautiful... TTwTT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thank you.

Thank you for the beautiful story that you have shared. I was drawn in immediately, and was captivated at how you told it. Again thank you.

kmtqckmtqcalmost 12 years ago
Cool!

Really romantic and love the setting! Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Beautiful!

heart warming and very moving story..truly delightful..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
hate to have to be different

Isn't this Literotica???? Most people read stories here for the sexual content, at least I do. I thought this was a bit over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

its really beautiful !! I am a nature lover romantic sentimental person so it took me to another level of ecstasy while reading :).. i wont ever forget this story. thanks :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Beautiful

This story shows what real love is. It is so beautiful and it touched my heart.

TheRaven426TheRaven426almost 12 years ago
Excellent Doesn't Do It Justice

This is, by far, one of the best stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading. The imagery is impeccable, the plot is complex but easy to follow, the emotions behind the story are nothing short of phenomenal. Thank you so very much for sharing.

~Raven

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

wow! just sexy and romantic and poetic and fun. totally enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More

Great story but there should have been more sex

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
beautiful!

This is such a beautiful and imaginative story!!! It is so fantastic and just so beautiful!!!!!! The ending made me cry!!! :-D It was perfect!

MadBrownMadBrownover 11 years ago
Incredible!

A five performance for sure! Thank you so much for writing this "ancient Greek tale", of which I have never heard. The story and your writing is reminiscent of Nora Roberts' romance novels of mythological Ireland.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Fabulous

I normally don't like these stories, but this was great. Keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Truly Romantic

Such a beautiful tale and told so well, it was so worth the read. Please do more

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Is it a real Greek myth?

Loved it and the metaphoric imagery. Was there a Greek myth along those lines however or is it purely your imagination? Congratulations on your win.

E

SuadelaPeithoSuadelaPeithoalmost 11 years ago

Wonderful. Even made me want to become a member of the site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Impressive.

Aa truely wonderful love story. You write beautifully.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I

That was truely beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hopeless romantic

You ended your story so eloquently it gave me goosebumps. I share this story with everyone and I just realized I never commented and gave you the appraisal you deserve. YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITER!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
surprised!

never thought i would read something this good on this site. 5 starts seem insufficient.

kaikoukaikouover 9 years ago
Beyond Wonderful!!

Thank you SO MUCH for writing such a beautiful piece. This story is unforgettable, and heart-opening. <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great

And that is a demonstration of how a fairy-tale should be told.

Thank you.

HP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Awesome

A very beautiful story.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
So many layers

so many meanings

such a beautiful story

thank you

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
It is easy to understand why this is A Contest Winner!!!

Beautiful love story.

Allegory and Mythology blended nicely.

thank you

SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful.

Nothing more needs said.

MontannaMontannaover 7 years ago
So beautiful

Absolutely stunning. This story brought such emotion to the surface, I had a very difficult time finishing it through my tears.

icebreadicebreadover 7 years ago
Bloody good.

Wonderful story. Thank you.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Magnificent mythological fable.

A fascinating mythological fable about the origin of the queen of flowers. There are many beautiful flowers, but the rose will always be the symbol of romanticism.

Great job that is worth many more than 5 *.

Thank you for sharing your work with us all.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueover 5 years ago
great

The simple metaphors worked nicely. He felt her pain. She...caused his, and felt it. And then the thorns had lost their usefulness. Funny she becomes permanently stained, maybe I missed some significance. Anyway despite some people being unable to understand the breadth of erotica, this fulfills a basic fantasy that's fairly general-helping a broken person, and being loved in return. It's a nice story.

Banana_Banana_over 5 years ago
LOVED IT. SO UNIQUE!

I genuinely loved this story. I love how he put in so much effort to earn her trust, persisted despite her glares and how she eventually softened. 😭😭 it was wonderful and the best part is that it wasn't predicable yet it still had a happy ending. I thought they would never see each other again

Great job, thank you for the good read 😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Perfect!

This was without a doubt the most well written erotically romantic story I've ever read on this site! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Very, very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

didn't even have to nut to this, it's deadass a great story with genuine emotion. You are a damn good writer, and if you were to write any non-erotic content, I would happily read it. 13/10 didn't even have to nut to love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Beautiful, thank you for sharing this

RarRodrigRarRodrigabout 2 years ago

Never judge a book by its cover...... There is beauty in everything if take the time to look. Excellent fable.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

That Epimonos dude was crazy but very insightful. What an epic story of romantic love and of healing a broken heart. A real tear jerker for us 'sappy' types (human and dryad alike).

I would give this story 6 stars if I could (there's only been a few others) and I've added it to my GOAT list.

woodrangewoodrange10 months ago

Nothing quite like a handfull of rose thorns, except maybe a nose full of the scent of love

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermythtrav16@mythtrav16
428 Followers
*** October 2023 *** After some flattering encouragement from some supportive fans, I've decided to try my hand at commercial publishing, using my latest Literotica submission, 'Enshrined', as a test case. If you thought 'Enshrined' was worth the $2.99 (US), please consider b...

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
786
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
926
Sales Team 
4.83
3.8k
860
The Rehab 
4.91
2.8k
1.1k
More Stories