Running out of Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm OK with that" I said, "I just want her gone"

"Oh really" said John, "So you'd be OK seeing her trailer trash boyfriend squeeze his mullet into your Mustang?"

"Fuck no. I'd kill them both first" I snapped.

"So we need to be able to bring out the big guns if she forces us to. Just let me handle it, this is what I do for a living" he said and then he hung up.

Since I knew that Carly would be getting home soon, I called and left a message at the house that I'd be getting home very late because we were having problems at work. I called the home phone instead of her cell because I didn't want to talk to her. I tried really hard to make my voice sound normal. We think of silly things at the oddest of times. While I was leaving the message Carly's words of the other night came back to me. "Please don't ever cheat on me" she'd said. Maybe I should have asked her the same thing, but then it would have already been too late.

After work I went to a strip club with some of the guys. We stayed out as long as most of them dared, since they were all still married. I wondered in the back of my mind how many of them were being given the same treatment I was.

I stumbled into my house at the extremely late hour of 7:15p.m. The sun wasn't even down yet. Carly gave me the whole 9 yards about not calling her back, and where was I, etc. She tried to hug me but I pulled away. Then I reminded her that I should be out in the garage getting my car ready for the Dream Cruise tomorrow.

"I haven't seen you all day, and the first thing you bring up is that car" she whined. "You don't love me anymore" she said jokingly. She didn't realize how prophetic her words were.

"Of course I do" I lied, "It's just been a really long and shitty day. I have to leave very early in the morning, and I'll be there all day" I said.

"So" I continued "I really need to wash and detail the car now"

"OK sweetie" she said. "I'll make us a quick dinner, for after you're done, and then you can make it up to me later" she said winking.

There was no way I was ever getting between those legs again. Was she a sex addict or something?

I stayed out in the garage until well after midnight, and luckily Carly was asleep when I came in. I set the alarm on my watch so I could wake up after only 5 hours of sleep and crawled into bed as far away from her as the dimensions of our bed would allow.

I was once again gone in the morning before she awoke and in a stroke of genius I left my iphone on the nightstand by our bed, with a word-processing program open on the screen.

When she noticed the phone it would look like I had been in the process of writing her a quick note telling her how much I loved her. I knew that she would read it, but that she wouldn't tell me she had. She wouldn't want me to think that she was invading my privacy by reading a letter that I was writing to her. At the same time since I had clearly forgotten my phone, there'd be no way for me to contact her and vice versa. It would also hopefully delay her realization that something was wrong between us.

As I got to the event another of those seemingly random things happened. The Dream Cruise was an event that had taken on a life of its own. It originally started as a one day celebration of classic cars and classic hot rods. Cars and vehicles of every ilk and every era now cruised down the city's central blvd from the small suburb of Ferndale, Michigan to Pontiac, Michigan. Strangely enough though, the event is largely viewed as a Detroit thing. It starts outside of Detroit and never actually enters the city. It could almost be called the Cruise away from Detroit, because that's what it does. It also now has many events inside of the cruise. Many of the individual cities involved have their own parties, events displays and what not. Some choose to remain true to the original 50's theme while others celebrate different aspects of automotive history or even a single car. Such as the event I was going to, Mustang alley, in Ferndale.

Every year during the dream cruise the city of Ferndale celebrates all things Mustang. It features a line-up down nine mile road that for the past few years has been limited to 600 Mustangs. Yep, it's car heaven in general and in particular for Mustang fans. Imagine 600 Mach 1's, Shelby's, SVT Cobra's, Bullits, Eleanors, etc. Mustangs from every era and model are represented. All of the major clubs, including the World Mustang Club and the Michigan Mustang Registry, are present. Thousands of people walk through, take pictures and talk about the cars while they ogle and examine them.

As I backed into my parking space somewhere in the middle, I noticed a now familiar set of legs. Their owner was bent over and the legs terminated in a nice heart shaped ass that I hadn't noticed.

I didn't even start polishing my car before I went over to talk to the legs and their owner.

"So this is your hot date" I said.

Becca straightened up quickly and gave me one of those smiles.

"So are you here helping your boyfriend out with his car?" I asked. "You must really like this guy to do this "I continued, putting my foot even more firmly in my mouth.

"Well" she said "there's no boyfriend, this is my car"

"Very nice" I said, impressed even more. "Let's see, 09 v6 Vert, with an after-market dual exhaust. Mac performance exhaust, right" I continued.

"Ooh Hello tease 18 inch triple chrome rims, with Hankook tires"I said.

"Very impressive" she said "You definitely know your Mustangs. How could you tell it was a v6 and not a GT?" she asked.

"And how could you tell it's the 09?" she asked before I could answer the first question.

"Your rear bumper cover is straight, it doesn't have the cutouts for the dual exhaust that every series since the 1999-2004s have" I started.

"That meant that you added the dual exhaust yourself" I continued. "All GTs come with dual exhaust set-ups from the factory, you also have no fog lights,another v6 tip off. The anniversary badges on the fender only come in 5 year increments and your car couldn't be and 04, it's the wrong body, and since the 2014s are only a dream in some designers eyes right now it had to be an 09" I said taking a bow.

"So why are, you here, and is "What's her name" with you?" she asked. "I'm sorry but I can't remember your wife's name"

"It's Carly" I answered "and in a couple of days, she'll be my ex-wife"

That kind of put a damper on our conversation and the day might've gone by with just that, if fate hadn't intervened.

"Robbie, I have a problem" said a voice behind me.

I turned and saw Becca standing there. The woman could really dress. All she had on was a T-shirt and a pair of shorts, and they weren't very short. Her shorts came down to about 3 inches above the knee, but her calves and the thighs that you could see were breath-taking. That T-shirt, while covering her from her neck to where the shorts started, only seemed to emphasize her breasts. Her hair wasn't even done up in a girly-girl do. She wasn't even trying to look good and she was giving all of the car show model types a run for their money.

"Oh my God, this thing is beautiful, what is it?" she asked.

"06 GT, with a shaker ram air hood, in screaming yellow with black racing stripes" I said.

"If this your "soon to be ex-wife's" car, you must really like her to do this" she smirked.

Then seeing my reaction, she realized what she'd done, and reached out to comfort me.

That first touch was electric, and all thoughts of my cheating bitch of an ex wife disappeared.

"I'm really sorry, forgive me" she said in a quiet voice.

"So what's our problem Becca?" I asked.

"What did you bring for lunch?" she asked me.

My mouth dropped open, and I felt kind of dumb because I hadn't brought anything, and it was going to be a long hot day.

"There's a McDonalds just up the street there" I offered.

"So you're going to run back and forth to Micky Dees all day long, when your across the street neighbor and friend has a gourmet lunch, and brought a trunk full of healthy food and snacks?" she asked.

"Well when you put it that way" I started, "Yep that's what I'm gonna do".

"Why would you do that, when I'm willing to share?" she asked.

"Women always want something when they want to share" I said softly. Then in a louder tone added "What do you need Becca, If I have it it's yours."

"Just like that?" she asked.

"Just like that" I returned.

"Well I was so busy grabbing food, that I forgot all of my detailing stuff" she said. "I need a quick detailer spray, chrome polish, tire gel, and glass cleaner."

I went to my trunk and gave her everything she asked for. She had never used the pads for her tire gel so I showed her how to use them and she was amazed at the shine they gave her tires.

"And you waste a lot less product also" I told her.

We spent the rest of the day sitting behind either my car or hers talking. I don't remember how many people came by, or even if anyone did at all. We laughed, we ate and we talked about everything, from running, to cars, to my upcoming divorce. She understood more than I had given her credit for because she'd been through the exact same thing 4 years prior. That was why there was no boy friend. She didn't want to do it again either.

When it was time for us to leave I didn't want the day to end. I started to ask her to dinner but I just didn't think it would be appropriate given the circumstances. So we said our goodbyes. Were my eyes deceiving me or did she smile a bit when she said "See you in the morning"

When I got home Carly was waiting for me; it was only 6 pm, but she was dressed for bed. Or should I say undressed for bed. She had on a light purple colored negligee that I'd never seen before. She had made another of her romantic little dinners, a stir fry with little pieces of both steak and chicken and an assortment of vegetables. Usually when she made something like this, we fed each other, and that intimate act led to further intimacy in the bedroom.

"Carly I love you so much" I lied, "but I'm not feeling too well.

"I'm tired and I think I'm coming down with something" I said.

"If you have it then I'll just catch it too" she said.

I was actually more worried about what I might catch from her, but I wisely didn't say it.

"Well this is a good time for us to have our talk" she said.

"Is this a serious subject?" I asked.

"Very serious" she answered.

"Is it time sensitive?" I asked" Do we need to make a decision right away?"

"Why are you asking that?" she asked.

"Well I have to do a really long run in the morning and I'm thinking that maybe we should, if we can, put this off until Monday night" I explained. "That way all of my work stuff will be over, my longest run of the week will be out of the way, and I'll be able to really concentrate fully on whatever you have to say."

Carly appeared to be considering what I'd said, and then she said" OK, it's nothing that can't wait one more day. When we talk about this I think you're going to be surprised because it's going to change our lives" she said. "I hope you're OK with it because I really want us to do this" she added.

"Oh yeah bitch but I'm beating you to the punch" I thought, because I was now sure she was leaving me for that fucking Jerry Springer-type inbred asshole from a trailer park that she'd been screwing. I wondered what the hell made him so much better than I was. It couldn't be just sex because, from watching them, it was no where near as intense as what we did. It just looked like two people fucking out of sheer boredom. She didn't blow him, and she didn't even do her favorite position, what could the attraction be? But then I realized that I was the one who didn't know. Maybe what she got from "Jethro" was the kind of sex she wanted, and if so, I was lucky to be rid of the bitch.

I swore that when this is over, I would never let any woman come close to owning my heart and my emotions this way again. In the back of my mind I wondered, why, if I really meant that, was I already thinking about Becca.

Sunday found me in a more relaxed mood. I was awake before the sun and excited about my grueling long run for the first time in years. Sometime during the night Carly had rolled over near me and wrapped her arms and legs around me as if she was holding onto me for dear life.

She really had no idea how true that statement was. The only thought going through my mind was how I could avoid her for one more day. Just the sight of her brought up pictures in my mind of her lowering herself onto "Barney Fife's" dick. I gently pried her limbs off of me and got out of bed.

It's amazing how rapidly human emotions can change. Only 2 days ago I was so in love with this woman that I'd have gladly given my life for her. I couldn't really see any future in my life without her in it. Now she was just another whore to me. I knew that those thoughts were fueled by anger and that before this thing was done, I'd go through a lot more stages and differing emotions. But for now, and while I could clearly see the pain she'd caused me, I needed to get free.

I dressed and micro-waved some pizza from a couple of days ago for a quick pre run snack. I got a cooler and threw a bunch of bottles of Snapple, Pepsi, Gatorade, and yuck, water, into it. I put some fruit, Granola bars, and some pretzels into a bag and left the house. The funny thing was that as I got near the door, I saw almost the same things packed and waiting for me, with a note from Carly.

The note said "Be careful it's going to be really hot out there today. Please don't kill yourself for one run because somebody loves you and couldn't live without you" it was signed Forever yours, Carly

After reading Carly's heartfelt note I suddenly had to run to the driveway and get into my car. I was driving my Taurus today because I didn't want to risk getting the Mustang sweaty.

As soon as I closed the door, I let out the laugh I'd been holding in since I read the note.

Oh yeah she loved me so much that she was fucking some "Jabroney" 3 times a week. "Forever" now had a different definition too. Forever was just over 24 hours.

As I pulled into the park it was just beginning to get light. I quickly spotted Becca's Mustang and her sitting on top of it. She didn't even look up at me as I drove near her. I parked next to her and noticed that she seemed to get better looking every time I saw her. When I got out of the car she recognized me, and her face lit up.

"I was looking for a yellow Stang" she said smiling.

"Don't want to get it Sweaty" I smiled back.

"Boy, a man who spoils his car must really spoil his women" she laughed.

Again there was that awkward moment of silence, when she realized what she'd said. She opened her mouth and started making weird motions with her hands.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my voice tinged with amusement.

"I'm trying to pull my foot out of my mouth" she laughed. That was all it took, our growing chemistry was expanding again.

We started out running at a very easy pace. Lucky for us the park was a simple oval loop, that was about 3 miles around. My goal for today was 22 miles and hers was 14, the longest run she'd done before this was 10. We were both going to be sore after this one. A couple of miles into our run the sun came up and treated us to a beautiful vista. It wasn't high enough in the sky yet to bring the heat, but the light and the lightshow was beautiful. I must've seen this same scene hundreds of times in this same park, but today was the first time I'd ever really noticed it.

"It must be the company" I mumbled.

"What?" said Becca.

"I was just thinking how I've seen that sunrise literally hundreds of times but never really noticed how great it is. I attributed this revelation to the company" I said more quietly.

"I like you too" she said seriously.

"I just don't get it" she continued "You seem like a great guy, why are you getting a divorce?"

"Carly....." I began, "She cheated on me"

Unlike when we talked Saturday, I held nothing back, I explained the whole situation to her as we ran, including her part in helping me uncover Carly's deception.

"What a stupid bitch" she spat.

"I'm sorry" she said "it just slipped out"

All of a sudden I looked at the lap counter on my watch.

"Becca, you should walk a little to cool down now" I told her.

"Oh, trying to get rid of me? I'm sorry I called your wife a bitch, but if the jerk I married had been half as nice as you are, we'd still be married now. Nothing could have come between us" she said fiercely.

"Becca, I'm not trying to get rid of you" I said pointing to my watch "we just passed 16 miles"

"Oh" she said.

"I'm sure you have to do something today" I said "It was a great run, and I left my trunk open. "There are drinks and snacks so you should grab something and start refueling as soon as you can" I said.

Becca slowed down to a walk and cut across the infield past the tennis courts. It was a quicker way to get back to the cars. When I finished that loop I still had another five miles to go, and I noticed that Beccas car was gone. I finished my miles and was so beat I barely made it back to my car. I reached into my trunk to grab a Pepsi and noticed that my cooler was gone. In its place was a note that read "picnic area big oak tree"

I was too tired to walk, so I drove the half mile to the picnic area. You couldn't see it from the road, so you had to know where it was. There was Becca's car and my cooler.

All of a sudden I could walk comfortably again. I don't know how she did it, or where she got the paper plates and stuff, but Becca had turned my fruit and snacks into a nice little breakfast. She was standing by a picnic table in the shade of the tree doing her post run stretching exercises. I could have stood there and watched her for hours while my legs cramped up and never said a word.

"There you are" she said breaking the silence "did you miss me?"

"I thought you'd gone home" I said.

"I'm so sore that I could hit you" she said "but I wasn't ready for this to end yet"

I went over to the table and looked at the drinks and grabbed a Snapple, as I continued to look around.

"What are you looking for?" asked Becca as she took a long swig of my Pepsi. "Oh my God, was this for you? I thought you had somehow found out about my deranged love for Pepsi and brought me one" she laughed.

We stayed there for another couple of hours talking about everything we could think of before going home.

When I got home Carly was as usual waiting for me. She seemed to be really good at pretending to be concerned. Maybe she was concerned. I've heard that some people can love 2 partners at the same time, just in different ways. Shit I loved both of my cars, but I had to be honest I didn't love them equally. I wondered what my split with Carly was. Did she love me and only fucked "Mr. Haney" for added excitement? Or did she really love him but realized that she could never be happy with the kind of lifestyle he could provide so she lived with me and pretended to be content, and parceled out sympathy sex to me to keep me in line?

"Why were you gone for so long?" she asked.

"I think I pulled something" I lied. "It really hurts, but I had to finish."

"So you just kept running even though you were hurt, probably making it worse" she said.

She was either an Oscar candidate actress or truly concerned. Either way I had my way out.

She ran a warm tub full of soapy water for me, and gave me some Tylenol for the pain.

"I was going to ask you to go with me to my mother's for a little while today, but I'll call her back and tell her we'll come next week" she said.

"Why don't you go? I'm probably just going to fall asleep for most of the afternoon. You could squeeze in an extra visit and not have to wait until tomorrow, you're usually home in about an hour" I said, then I realized that I had almost given it away.