Running with Wolves Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After some time, Augustine found what she was looking for and after another painful climb down the ladder, she found herself at the bottom of the Alpha Wind evacuation ladder. She collapsed as she opened the closet door, crying out as the tear in her shoulder rubbed into the carpet. It took her a long time to be able to get up again, and even then she had to use the wall to keep her balance. If her nose wasn't so clogged from the scent of her own blood, she probably would have already been able to scent the person she was looking for.

"Augustine?"

Augustine slid down the wall, unable to keep her feet under her any longer. From ahead of her, Jarod came into view. At least she assumed it was him. Everything around her was a blur from blood running into her eyes, but he was the only one in the entire Den with such dark complexion. He was shouting for someone to come and help him. There were more voices, and soon through all the blood and pain, Ben's face became clear as he leaned in close to get her attention. vagrant

He was shouting her name, demanding she tell him what had happened to her. When one of the others tried to touch her, he snapped and swiped at their hand. The one who had come forward snapped back, and Ben conceded. Augustine whined as his face grew distant and blurred, Garrett's becoming the dominant image. He probed her naked skin, finding her cuts that were doing their best to heal. It would take her a long time to heal, the loss of blood and constant agitation from moving would slow down the process immensely.

"Ben?" Augustine's voice was hoarse from all the screaming and snarling during the fight. She sounded like a little kitten to her own ears.

"I'm here. Don't worry I've got you, baby." Two strong arms did their best to pick Augustine up as gently as possible, but even with the added pain his embrace caused, it was the one place Augustine felt safe enough to finally break down and cry. She was finally safe with her mate.

~~~~~

Sorry it's a bit short this week. I'll make up for it next chapter I promise! Tell me what you think of the turn of event, positive or negative, because I love getting both. A big thanks to my editors Marie Flower and markrane.