Samhain's Witch

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why?" Rhiona demanded. "I love you."

"I know." Ashlyn spoke without triumph or glee. "My husband would never allow me to leave him, even if I would."

"What? I don't understand-"

"That part of my life is not for you to understand or question." Despite the words being quietly spoken, they brooked no argument. Ashlyn waited, watching the stricken face turn impassive. The silence stretched. Finally Rhiona moved to lift the lid of her carved chest.

"Use this, the same as before."

Ashlyn accepted the tiny black bottle, sliding it into the pocket of her cloak as she tugged it's warmth about her naked shoulders. She turned and left, stepping out into the familiar coldness.

~*~

Ashlyn rubbed the sleeping oils into the mounds of her breasts, and carefully washed her hands in the bowl of scented water. It would not do to succumb to the effects of the potion before her husband woke from the precious little amount she had to spread on her inner thighs earlier. She then blew out the candle and slid beneath the bed furs, settling in beside his muscular weight.

Screams in the dark hours before dawn brought guards running. Moonlight spilled across the carved wooden bed where she lay entwined in the strands of her golden mane, her bloodless lips parted on a soundless sigh.

King Culain knelt by the bed keening, Ashlyn's lifeless hand clutched in his.

12