All Comments on 'Sari's Bargain'

by Moondrift

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
thebluesmanthebluesmanabout 20 years ago
Spechless

This story is just so great I don't know what to say. I am spechless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Double WOW

All of your stories areout of this world. Hole to see more of your stories like the ones, "Sari's Bargain, The Assistant Stage Manager, Ivy Cottage, and Finding Love." These stories are the best stories I think are on the site.

SalamisSalamisover 19 years ago
Redemptive

There is a certain gentleness to the telling of this story that is overwhelming. Thank you for a delightful, incisive and inspiring story of love and tradgedy. I look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Moondrift's Many Talents

Moondrift's has written on many genre and topics, but if I had to pick one to express the author's fitness, SARI'S BARGAIN is the one.

As another good author, Salamis, observes: SARI'S BARGAIN was written with such a "gentleness" and honesty you don't usually find many Literotica authors investing such time or talents on. Maybe some can not do it; certainly not I.

It touched on war, crimes, starvation, refugees, love, loneliness, bargaining with the devil (the old man's not an evil person, but he's pretty evil to use his enormous wealth and power to subdue a desperate young, proud woman who regrets almost immediately,,,) and a whole host of other major and minor day to day issues --- not excluding eroticism, cheating (pseudo incest) --- and of course, finally, finding "true love",,, ;o)

Thank you! Beautiful story, in fact, one of the top 5 most beautiful, most believeable, and most memorable stories in Lit!

PucklemanPucklemanover 16 years ago
Lost for words!

I really do not know words sufficient to express my admiration for your talent and skill, so I'll just say "Thank you, sincerely, for sharing it with us."

NamizujsNamizujsalmost 16 years ago
A wonderful story again from Moondrift

The same depth of feeling and sensitivity I saw in 'A note and a Letter', and I didn't feel a decidedly 'male' or 'female' viewpoint either. (It is plain I don't like bias of any kind :-).

Living in a region where the 'creation of refugees' isn't unknown, having roots in the big Holocaust of the previous century, I do have strong feelings about racial prejudices, pogroms and such.

Thanks for a story of significant depth.

John

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Bravo!

A wonderful story, a rarity here. I'm amazed that there weren't dozens of comments by now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow

Just ... WOW ... life goes on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a brilliant story

really enjoyed the way it unfolded especially the life that she had been subjected to...and despite the fact she cheated on her husband - his father - it seemed the right thing to do....at least the old man died thinking he had sired a son and heir...even if it was not his at least he felt happy about it and so they at last get to be together forever.....so powerful so loving...just beautiful....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The best laid plans

This tale demonstrates how the best laid plans of mice and men can go astray. The father, dissappointed in his son for refusing to follow in his footsteps, decides to basically disinherit his son. He marries again with a contracted young woman with the object of producing another son who could be properly molded to be the heir he wants. As it turns out nothing works out for the old man. He gets his heir, but does not know that his first son is the father of the second. Although the story does not spell out what happens after the old man dies it is fun to speculate about it. His original son probably shacks up with or even marries his father's widow and together they raise their son while the world continues to think the kid is the old man's. The widow winds up with custody of her son and probably also with her dead husband's fortune/estate. Since she is together with the original son, he for practical purposes together with his son become the heir to everything his father tried to deny him. The old man went through grandiose plans and the contortions of a contract loveless marriage to punish his first son, but without realizing it was screwed out of everything by fate. What was meant to be, happened despite the old mans plans and actions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I wish i could give you six stars.

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSEover 1 year ago

As always a very lovely story and a very short ending. If you applied the same care to the end of the story as the rest you would be the STAR of this show!!!!!

It feels a bit funny to leave a comment since you have finished your beeing with us but your lovely stories lingers on ;-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous