All Comments on 'Schrödinger's Bitch'

by OnlyInMyMind

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Loved the ending!

5

MightyheartMightyheart4 months ago

Brilliant Writing

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

why is he leaving the house?

francemanfranceman4 months ago

Very good. 5⭐.

HighpikeHighpike4 months ago

Simply superb writing; thank you.

francis_toliverfrancis_toliver4 months ago

Aside from your usual brilliant writing, you get 5 stars for your use of quantum physics in human relationships alone.

An easy 5 stars :)

Bebop3Bebop34 months ago

Excellent story.

jazzharpjazzharp4 months ago

Yes, indeed, never goes unpunished. Glad to know why I made you a favorite.

AlinaXAlinaX4 months ago

Or, since you start with the brilliance of quantum mechanics, maybe her parting shot should echo that beginning. "You right," she said, "we have been entangled for years on a fundamental level, so, in a way, I guess you've been fucking Craig too."

johntcookseyjohntcooksey4 months ago

A novel and unforgettable application of the great paradox. Witty, but poignant, compelling. Well done. Thank you.

jmmj5jmmj54 months ago

For such a short story, that was amazingly good.

Well done.

mathur_nkmathur_nk4 months ago
What a way to explain Quantum theory and entanglement

It was a great lesson on Quantum theory and entanglement. I never knew literotica can teach me that. Are you teacher of Physics?

MwestohioMwestohio4 months ago

Excellent. Nice way to draw physics into the story

mac1729mac17294 months ago

Well done.

Thanks for writing

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly4 months ago

Nothing like a Big Bang huh? Well done! 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoy4 months ago

I do love a funny one. I especially loved the way the wife reacted.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgerald4 months ago

He "burned" her with Science!! Bravo!!!

Karn9Karn94 months ago

Wow what a powerful short story. 4.5 *

Regguy69Regguy694 months ago

Exceptionally well done. Love the Quantum mechanics bit. Please write another!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

Really well done short. It's really hard to pull off a complete story in such few words but you did it well! 4.8*

GrimmerGrimmer4 months ago

That was uniquely different.

nice!

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

Good idea for the plot line.

Nice way of finishing it

secretsalsecretsal4 months ago

That was tidy. Made an old scenario feel pretty fresh.

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Quick and painless. Of course we missed the pain she felt

KRD19254KRD192544 months ago

Bravo, unique and original with proper resolve.

\

6****** Hooyah, Salutes

Orion623Orion6234 months ago

Five stars for the last line alone.

TnicollTnicoll4 months ago

Very well done. 5*

Buster2UBuster2U4 months ago

Learned about Schrodinger's Cat on Big Bang Theory. Excellent writing, Excellent Story. 10 Big Blazing Stars. Thanks, Buster2U

kelchakelcha4 months ago

High price for sex that had the significance to a morning dump.

dob092095dob0920954 months ago

Joy to read. Long enough. I’ve heard of schrodingers Cat before but looked it up to refresh. Very cool use of it.

76fellow4876fellow484 months ago

And the cat found another bag. LOL.

Very interesting working of a interesting debate into a close up interchange. Well done.

Thanks for the mental jiggle from decades ago.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle664 months ago

Interesting end, that only by his knowing did it make such a difference. If he hadn't learned of their affair, he would still be happily married.

"Ignorance is bliss."

MattblackUKMattblackUK4 months ago

An interesting 5* story. I'll give our cat an extra treat this evening. I'm not going to tell him about Schrödinger's Cat. He's too young for that kind of knowledge.

MattKesterMattKester4 months ago

This is a great physics lesson - and a great story. As an engineer, I can't fault any of the logic.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker4 months ago

Brutal. They never see the downside, do they? Sorry, Francis, If you divorce the slut (and we all know that's what she is) I hope you find a decent, honest, loyal woman. They're out there. Trust me. 5 Stars. The Bear is a little morose. No happy ending, yet. Maybe, down the road. But please, no reconciliation. thank you.

The BEAR

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar4 months ago

Excellent story idea, well told. 5* I don't recall physics being a significant part of any other LW story that I've read. Kudos.

TonyspencerTonyspencer4 months ago

Neat story, well done.

BeBopper99BeBopper994 months ago

5***** Excellent story! Write On!

flatcar44flatcar444 months ago

Liked it, though it would have had a nice twist if the bags he packed were hers, and he helped load them in her car.

MasterKoteMasterKote4 months ago

Man these short stories lately are good but could be better with more dialogue

njlaurennjlauren4 months ago

Well written story but the length hurt it. The wife cheating was a lot more realistic than the slut ray, it was believable that boredom would allow her to do it.

But the story lacks emotional depth. In a case like this where the cheating wasn't venal, and had been once a year, there should have been some conflict hom that came out as anger. Other than the cursing he is too even. And the wife might sniffle but she is just too resigned, too emotionally neutral. Kind of reminds me of he end of a swedish film.

Not saying this should be a reconciliation story but given the circumstances it wouldn't be this easy. I liked the quantum physics analogy, that is a new one here.

Just_WordsJust_Words4 months ago

What I liked most was not the story elements, but how very well it was told. 5*****! all the way.

6King6King4 months ago

⭐⭐⭐ The manifesto style quantum explanation killed it for me. He just sounded like a buffoon who was really impressed with himself and a creepy fondness for someones schnauzer.

mathur_nkmathur_nk4 months ago

"I've blocked him. Not that it might mean that much to you now, but I felt you ought to know. He was never your replacement; just a stupid, meaningless diversion from a boring evening alone in an hotel."

"No dear. He means a lot for you, lot more than me. Laughing at clueless stupid husbands or wifes cheated upon is not the only form of disrespect. Breaking marital vows particularly "forsaking others" just after marriage and, walking

into his bed on the first opportunity of meeting some one, making it annual ritual and planning to take away important occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, valentines, Christmas New years etc from spouses and giving to paramour are huge disrespect. Even your decision to breakup after this valentine is not for me but for HIS wife being pregnant. Now that me and his wife are out of your way, canceling your rendezvous or blocking him does not make any sense. Certainly it is no favor to me or his wife. At best, it can be consideration for your next steady partner if the poor fellow is not always on tenterhooks thinking about you having another stupid, meaningless diversion from a boring evening alone in an hotel with another person whose wife is not pregnant"

DeeSylvanDeeSylvan4 months ago

Terrific story and a perfect use of Schrödinger’s cat. This is the second story I’ve read that uses the infamous cat to explain the unexplainable. Excellent! :DD

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nice, compact, and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Bingo..Sad of his situation though.. Honourable men like him should not face this kind of misery in life.. Evil world we are living in.

misharappmisharapp4 months ago

It's full of pain and beautiful at the same time, really. Thanks.

Pappy7Pappy74 months ago

Actually well written and well resolved. No going back from unfaithful for 4 years. And yes, intent counts as the 4th year.

FlamethrowFlamethrow4 months ago

Beautifully presented ending of a marriage

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It would be nice to what Craig told his wife.

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

Now that's how you write a short story. And I loved that Schrongirer's Cat made an appearance. His marriage at the start of the story was both alive and dead... Damn - why couldn't I think that one up... Well done

silentsoundsilentsound4 months ago

Very good short.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very good. Liked it .

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Usually very short stories leave things unanswered. Not this one. Very good!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu4 months ago

Nice.

Thanks @OnlyInMyMind.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Even if she stopped this time, having gotten away with it she would have done it again at a later.

ReadyOneReadyOne4 months ago

Wonderful!

Traitor takes ownership of the mess they create and doesn't fight the truth.

PowersworderPowersworder4 months ago

Nice one.

A unique twist on the confrontation scene.

kirei8kirei84 months ago

Where's the punishment? The lover probably lost a child and a wife. What did the wife lose? Obviously nothing of importance to her since she was cheating almost from day 1. A very unsatisfying ending.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I the vast. cliche’ world of the cheaters handbook, this tale is a breathe of fresh air.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

My only issue is his leaving the home. I hope they at least split it 50/50 or if a rental he walks free.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This guy and CindyTV have to be about my favorite writers on this site. Their protagonists rarely take any shit, act realistically and decisively. I appreciate that the cheating cunt in this story wasn't given a lot of crying over the consequences of her actions.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"I went back to his room for a coffee and... " - Either a flat-out lie, or she's lying to herself. You don't go back to his room for a coffee!

\

"It was just meaningless sex." -It's always "meaningless," or "it meant nothing."So why do it?!

\

I know I'm usually a hard-ass, but this strikes me as a marriage that could be saved with counseling.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"maybe her parting shot should echo that beginning. "You right," she said, "we have been entangled for years on a fundamental level, so, in a way, I guess you've been fucking Craig too."

-

Yeah, the MC fucked really bad the stupid lover Craig too: his marriage and family is fucked for good, as well. And all of this for their immature teenagers irresponsability and blind selfishness. Time for reaping what they sow.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ahh, so in the end. It's his fault.

LouisWu1968LouisWu19684 months ago

A unique approach to explaining the effects of infidelity. And an excellent story - thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love the irony.

(And your writing is as superb as usual; please keep gifting us with it.)

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Original, fits neatly into the 750 paradigm. Well done!

someoneothersomeoneother4 months ago

I very much appreciate the quantum mechanics background, which is both accurate and strangely applicable. Well written story. However, analogizing to quantum entanglement does not require MC to leave wife. It was obvious that the cheating was adventitious and about to be terminated, and wife was remorseful and honest. Story could have done a bit more with that.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She was really stringing him along.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aa4 months ago

Very nicely done and it was just plain fun. A quick look at how a clueless husband, doing a lovely thing for the love of his life, turns up to be the factor of infidelity in his marriage. This could have been a bit longer, showing us the aftermath, but the marriage is over, no reconciliation... 4 out of 5 stars for a good story thru science...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Brilliant. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The Big Bang theory made Schrodinger's cat famous. Your use of the cat and physics made Sheldon happy. Well played.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One of THE best stories in LW !

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Funny how cheaters look back and describe the sex as average, or just something to pass the time. Bullshit. If it was that bad, then why risk it? People can't be this damn stupid in real life.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well it appears that the cat was dead in that box, it does introduce another interesting mathematical concept…., Entropy. The MC’s sandcastles certainly dissolved apart when the truth was revealed. Good job! Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love it - especially the punchline!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good stuff. 5 stars. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to more.

DessertmanDessertman4 months ago

A clever but sad story. Cheaters will always give the game away sooner or later.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Original version of well trod plot. I think wifey accepting instantly her fate was refreshing.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Brilliant twist in a random universe

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

In response to Lifestyle66, the full quote is “Where ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise”. Even if he didn’t know she is still untrustworthy and unworthy. Traits bound to surface at a later date.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

In my closed box are two scores, four and five. Until I open the box, you will not know the positions and statuses of the two.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I meant, states, not statuses. My bad.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Creative. Sad. Well told. Thanks.

ribnitinribnitin4 months ago

The problem with Schrodinger's cat is that a live cat in a box will make a racket, proving it's alive, collapsing the probability wave.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Schrödinger‘s cat name was Karma. lol

Captcha

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol4 months ago

This was great!

I really enjoyed your dialog and how you paced this! Thank you!

The Quantum angle was novel!

-

Be well!

inka2222inka22224 months ago

"there should have been some conflict him" - seriously, on top of having to deal with a cheating skank, MC now has to deal with clueless idiots like @njlauren who don't have a first idea that all people's emotional processing, AND response to it, differs, and apparently if he isn't throwing things like he's on PMS, he's not legit? The wife is perfectly predictable, she knows she fucked up, she doesn't love him sufficiently so she's not too upset at the loss in emotional sense and she hasn't invested too much into this relationship yet so she's not too upset in rational sense. Some people just aren't screaming teenagers about things. Deal with the fact that not all humans are the same.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yay, physics! Most unusual QM lesson ever!

Starfight23Starfight234 months ago

waste of time for readers and the writer. sorry.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Great story . That last paragraph tells the entire sad story. Can’t say enough good about this one.

funperson969funperson9694 months ago

Excellent writing. If you eliminated the physics, you might have made it more powerful--most of readers don't know or care. But 5* for the plot and the writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks for the read

Ah the mental masturbation that is modern physics in general, and the cat in the box in this particular story. Oh to cogitate on untestable theories, and hope the NSF grant on your brilliant "twine" modification to string theory comes through.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut4 months ago

From physics to economics both can be a bitch.

Though widely known of not many realise that Schrödinger's Cat was an attempt at mocking the Copenhagen Interpretation (though the interpretation didn't have that title at that time) and it's stance on superposition.

Strangely it's economists not physicists who could have determined the state of the cat from outside the box.

If the box were to have fallen off the table it would have been easy for them to observe The Dead Cat Bounce.

I'll get my coat!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle4 months ago

Why punish the unborn child? You want to divorce hubby and take him to the cleaners? Go for it; but murder?

There are a lot of reasons to abort a child, divorce isn’t one of them and if that’s the kind of woman she is, then Craig's better off without her.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOnlyInMyMind@OnlyInMyMind
Although I'm retired with a little time to spend writing for fun, I still have a busy life. A few readers have commented that some of my stories stop too abruptly. I'm genuinely sorry if that spoils your enjoyment, but I just don't always have the time to explore all the mot...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES