All Comments on 'Scrubs'

by TarnishedPenny

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
LarsMacombLarsMacombalmost 4 years ago

This was a beautiful, elegant piece of writing. This is the best story I have read on this site in years.

ArediaArediaalmost 4 years ago

I'd echo what LarsMacomb said - and add it is well written, touching, and it just feels right, the way all good things do.

Thank-you for the gift.

Sinner270857Sinner270857almost 4 years ago
Wow

Such a beautiful story. Very well written and a wonderful experience.

G5902G5902almost 4 years ago
A Clear Winner!

I would like to second the echo! This is truly a first rate story that just totally captured me from the start! Of course there are other stories that I enjoy but I can not think of one that is better than this work of art! Thank you for sharing!!!

The_PedantThe_Pedantalmost 4 years ago
More!

I think this deserves a bit more of the story. 5*

rayironyrayironyalmost 4 years ago
You are, yourself

A sleek fox amongst

the lush verbiage.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongalmost 4 years ago

Lovely story TP; brought home a lot of familiar feelings.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

What a lovely story!

5

freight03freight03almost 4 years ago
Great story!

I could see the characters in my mind vividly! Great writing...

pcghost69pcghost69almost 4 years ago

As with all your stories - this was excellent

txcrackertxcrackeralmost 4 years ago
Excellent !

What a beautiful story ! Well written , vibrant , so caring , beautiful . 5*s

Been thru a simarel experance , also found someone who has been with me for 30 years

Thanks for the GREAT read

txcracker

Windman1Windman1almost 4 years ago
Loved it

A very enjoyable story. Thank you!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Excellent story

I very much enjoyed reading this story, except I kept thinking about them being in such a semi-public place. Just wondering what the folks on the other side of the bushes thought about all the moaning and goings on? Even with my own paranoid thoughts of getting caught and fired, well done and thanks.

Tony155Tony155almost 4 years ago
Great story!

Every once in a while, I find a gem on this site and this is one of them. Well written, believable and it kept me riveted and wanting more. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
About Scrubs..

What an enjoyable story to read. It had warmth and depth that seemed quite real. The riskiness of public nudity on the open grounds of the private hospital was unexpected yet pleasantly developed. Nice work. And um.. it’s savoir faire and not savior faire (pretty sure you weren’t talking about “J.C.”... :D).

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyalmost 4 years agoAuthor

Many thanks to all for your support and kind comments.

Most recent Anon - a sincere thank you to you as well, but I'm not sure where the 'savoir faire' comes in; I don't think it's a phrase I used in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Amazing

Great and very loving story.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 4 years ago

Hot, naked, and loving

Enjoyed it. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice story, but...

... it did seem to end rather abruptly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
About Scrubs

What a beautiful love story. Thanks for sharing it.

SusansAdmirerSusansAdmireralmost 4 years ago
That was spiritual erotica, not just spirited erotica

nmt

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Healing in times of Covid 19

A lovely tale of affection and healing, well written and moving. I do have one bone to pick— in the story you referred to PTSD exactly as it is commonly used, but not as a psychologist would use it. According to the DSM-V, Acute Stress Disorder is different: Acute Stress Disorder occurs immediately following the source of trauma, and Post-Taumatic Stress Disorder occurs as a long-range effect of this trauma.

I’m probably one of the few who would even notice that bit of clinical esoterica, and it doesn’t detract from what is clearly a five star story.

TSreaderTSreaderover 3 years ago
A lovely story

Wonderfully done! I hope there's more to it. Thank you!

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderover 3 years ago

This is beautiful, sweet and sexy. A lovely tribute to the humanity of frontline healtworkers. Thank you! I can feel the sun on my skin as I celebrate their outdoor love!

jntiquesjntiquesover 3 years ago

Dear Author, Very well done! Thank you for the love story. Might be a nice basis for more of these two characters to continue. Much appreciated, jntiques/john

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

I am sad I can’t give this lovely story more than 5 stars. Would love to read more about the adventures of Oz and Piper.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Lovely story, I felt that Iwas actually there with them. Thats the sign of a great story when it embrases you and pulls you in so that you feel part of its emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very, Very Nice

You captured me quickly and never let go. A wonderful story with excellent characters. Thank you so much for taking me on a short trip from the world problems. An excellent 5 star read. Thanks for shariing.

GirthsomeGirthsomeover 3 years ago
This is wonderful!!!

Best I've read in a long while. Very tender and loving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Beautifully written! Brought out the relationship (whatever it was) very well. Continue writing such stuff!

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

Love, or at least lust, is hard after loss. Hard? Unfathomably heart rending. Are you cheating? Are you dishonoring their memory? Are you heartlessly turning your back on the life they shared with you? Those struggles Piper dealt with, in my mind, in the fact that she called out to Jamie at the height of her passion. You didn't explicitly write the deeper struggle, remaining in the obvious, the "wrong" name, but I perceived that hidden agony. Am I right? Who knows. What I do know is you wrote an excellent story, that in its briefness, had complexity, and was endearing. Well done! 5 stars!

And meditation does, actually, work.

JimDiamondJimDiamondover 3 years ago
Sweet "True" Story

It was a sweet story. And ah, so very real!

Riding in a bus from the beach at Capos into the town the bus stopped and picked up a mature woman. I was twenty-eight and she clearly looked like a mature 35 to 40 year old woman in a nice bikini.

Showing off a bit for my "Graduate Advisor" and his wife (also riding the bus) I rose and said, "I believe this seat is reserved for you, Ma'am." She laughed and scooted in and I laughingly wiggled as I sat next to her.

As we left the bus in town a downpour of rain started. If you have not experienced a Costa Rican "downpour", you cannot image how much water can suddenly pour from the sky. We laughingly all ran into a small bar/restaurant. Shacking the water off we ordered drinks and some snacks and proceeded to laugh and talk with each other and the only other person in the bar. A chubby 50 or 60 year old owner of the bar. The bikini clad lady and I quickly seemed to couple as the "Older" 50 year old married professors seemed to laugh at our obvious attraction for each other. Me, a young very much in shape man who had worked his way through "Undergraduate School" and part of Grad school as a fighter; and her an incredibly in shape late 30's or at most early 40 year old Swiss Psychologist.

Later in the early evening we had dinner and dancing. While doing one of those incredible Latin dances and whirling around the floor we laughed about the "old people" joining us. They were doing an American Midwest style slow dance cheek to cheek. We danced, laughed and sort of made out while the rain pored for several hours before parting with a sweet kiss and good bye.

The rain had washed the road out, so the two older professors and I were stuck away from our cabinas in Capos for the night. My lovely lady's hotel was actually in town and leaving my Proff. and his wife to the only room available, I walked over to her hotel through the rain. Knocking on her door and after explaining our plight I asked if she might be a good Samaritan? She laughed and throwing me a towel, invited me in to what turned out to be an absolutely wonderful evening. We made love and explored each other and the depths of our sensuality in every imaginable way all night long. She laughingly said she was sure we acted as if we had invented the thing. With that roaring tropical storm outside we simply gloried in being tingling alive and apparently in love.

Later in the morning as I was preparing to leave we began talking and planning to be together for the next couple of days. In the midst of that for some reason we began talking about ourselves. It turned out her husband had died in of all things a mountain climbing accident. Spending her time raising their only daughter she had not known another man since him. Until I had the gall to invite her to sit in my seat and magic happened. I gave her the most romantic special evening she had enjoyed in a very long time.

Her comment about her husband was that I was so very much like him. That her daughter would simply love me since she had not seen him since she was only three years old and I was so like him the last time she did.

Then the worst possible thing happened. Thinking her daughter might be 9 or possibly 10 years old I asked how old her daughter was now. She not thinking replied, " She just turned 29." Startled, and in amazement I did the worst possible thing I could have done. My eyes wide in astonishment I asked, " How Old are you?". Her eyes opened wide as she realized what she had said and saw what she must have imagined was accusation in my expression.

Ducking her head in blushing embarrassment she whispered, "58". Then said, "You need to leave!" and pushed me through the door.

Meeting my friends I explained I would be busy all day and would join them later. I ran back to the hotel only to find she had checked out and left. The counter attendant said she had hurriedly checked out and left.

I looked, but never found her again. Embarrassed about the age difference and my finding out about it she ran. Like a fool I had learned to never ask how old an angel might be that got sent down your way. Life is always moment to moment, and the age you are at every moment has no bearing on those moments. It is how we string those moments together that give meaning to our lives. Mine had just lost a bit in that "Moment".

Quite the run on comment. I will have to actually write this as a true story some time. So thank you for your story, even though it might be fiction. To me it was "True to the heart" and real. Which is the measure of a true "Story Teller".

Thanks,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A good gentle read

Really nice, pleasant and comforting story

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikealmost 3 years ago

Very sweet and honest. It left me wanting more. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is not an erotic story. It is a tale of love and humanity under trying circumstances, which happens to have some erotic content. Bravo. 5 stars.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

First of yours that I’ve read but it certainly won’t be the last, loved this, thanks

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 2 years ago

That was lovely to read.

Thanks, TP.

LeFrog,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was great. I had a good laugh when he opened his eyes and Piper was sitting there nude. First thought was, "This lady is a pistol.". That just the sort of move that could ensnare me. A very good read with very believable characters and emotions. Well done!

shyandyshyandyover 2 years ago

One of the best . Short, sexy, and topical.( c/v 19)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice, not overly sexual. Pleasant senual. Found myself smiling, remembering a time years past.

Well done Darlin, well done.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

This is just marvelous. Story, characters. I'm left wanting more of these two. Sequel might be very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

loved this story. It seemed to end just as it was begining.

RodwhitebeardRodwhitebeardover 2 years ago

Excellent. Great writing. Thank you.

mitchawamitchawaalmost 2 years ago

I don't know what to write it was so good. Fantastic plot and characters. Nice slow build-up to the lovemaking, not sex. Geat emotional detail. A super love story and well written. This is the first story I've read, but I'm reading more now!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked this very much, especially after the first reading. During the second read I couldn't help but pick up some "vibes", that, if the roles in this tale were reversed, would be called misogynistic by some.

The female, the psychologist, has a tendency to be condescending, patronizing our young doctor, lecturing him you might say, about things she very well would have to assume he most likely was aware of by himself.

For instance when she tells him which people proved to be of essential importance during the pandemic. Of cause, she had no reason to believe that our fine young doctor, being at the very front of this war, might have figured that out all by himself.

Close to the end the reader is confronted with something of a more general misandrous "observation". In the throws of passion the heroine of this tale calls another man's name (her diseased husband's). Doc assures her of his understanding. She replies "...men can be different". Well, guys, don't try to find out how the average woman might react in a situation similar to this by calling out another girls name when cuming, if your fond of your relationship, your peace of mind and your testicles.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

My second reading, after a long time. Beautiful. Could Damon and Piper make a return visit sometime? You get the sense these two could build a relationship for the long run, and make each other very happy..

wwaldripwwaldripover 1 year ago

Lovely story and loved the characters in it

DdaltonDdaltonabout 1 year ago

I wish you would write more! I love your stories!

ChopinesqueChopinesque9 months ago

Third reading. Still sweet and delightful. These two cry out for a future. Another installment. Pretty please.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous