Shadow Lake Estates Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not so fast," she barked, pointing at his chair. "I'm not done yet. How could you keep this from me? You've known about this for how long? Weeks?"

Art shook his head. "Roxy, I'm sorry. I was thinking she's a grown adult and could do whatever she wanted to do. What she does in her bedroom is none of my business."

"It certainly is my business when my daughter is stripping naked for the whole world to see, and inviting strange men up to her bedroom to suck them off!"

"I know, I know," he said, displaying his hands in a request for mercy. "I fucked up. I know that. I wasn't thinking like her father - I guess because she never saw me like that. But babe, she actually called me Daddy!"

Roxanne shook her head and folded her arms. "I can't believe you. You can be such an overgrown infant sometimes. Then, at other times, you're busting through the door to rescue our little girl. I honestly don't know whether to hug you or punch you."

"I'll take the hug, please," he said, flashing her his most pathetic expression.

She tried not to laugh, but failed. "Thank you for stepping in when you did. I don't even want to know how you knew to come through the door at that exact moment...but I'm glad you did."

His face flushed and he awkwardly smiled. "Listen," he said, "there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about."

"You sure now is a good time?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"As good as any, I guess. I was just thinking...I know you said you'd never want to have another baby..."

"Oh, you are fucking kidding me!" she shouted, adding a sarcastic laugh.

"Just...just hear me out," he said, rising to his feet. He walked around the table and coaxed her to her feet. He took her hands in his and looked into her eyes. "All I'm asking is that you think about it."

"I'm thirty-eight years old!" she scoffed. "There's nothing to think about!"

"Just...just think about it, okay?"

She shook her head in disbelief. "You knew the rules of the game when you married me."

"Yeah, about that," he said. "I have something else I want to ask you."

***

An aromatic hint of azaleas wafted along the cool spring breeze across the backyard. Rows of chairs were filled by a festive crowd, which was focused on the three figures standing under a home-made trellis covered with wildflowers. Beneath the trellis, Art and Roxanne stood facing each other, hand-in-hand, smiling widely. He was dressed in his formal firefighter's uniform. She wore a beautifully-designed gown.

A man wearing a suit stood between them and began to speak. "Friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family members. Welcome. We are gathered here today to witness the renewal of the wedding vows of Art and Roxanne Clevinger."

Seated in the third row of the audience, Alex suddenly giggled. Denise turned to him and noticed that he and Matt were taking turns punching each other in the thigh. "Stop it," she whispered to him, glaring at him before smiling. She glanced at Dan with a knowing smile, squeezed his hand, and turned her attention back to the ceremony.

"Do you promise to love her and comfort her," the official said, "honor and keep her, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health..."

Art gazed into Roxanne's eyes and winked.

"...and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?"

Art paused for an exaggerated moment, teasing Roxanne until she scowled at him, evoking laughter from the audience.

"I do," he said.

Seated in the back row of the audience, Hank gently squeezed Patty's wrinkled hand, turned to her, and gave her a satisfied nod.

12