All Comments on 'Shadows of Desire Ch. 11'

by Chancem77

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
StraycatndcStraycatndc6 months ago

What a wonderful world that you created in this masterpiece! I have looked forward to each and every chapter and this one did not disappoint! I am saddened that's over. The dialog at the big table so real I felt I was in the room. I was hoping for a more ‘graphic' end to the queen. I think she deserved as much. I so looking forward to your next creation. Thank so much for sharing this amazing tale.

Ih8biggotsIh8biggots6 months ago

This has been a great ride. Your intuition, empathy and very good writing skills kept my attention and level of appreciation at its highest throughout. I especially appreciated your depiction of the level of love between Rowan and Thaden. Their sexual love scenes were powerful and truly added to the depth of the story, not to take away from how hot they were and how turned on they made me. You also caught the higher levels of ethics of many of the secondary characters and the conflict that can arise in interpreting critical events and situations, and how true integrity can win out over blind obedience and habit. Thank you for such a beautiful story.

canndcannd6 months ago

This was a great tale. I loved the character driven story. It was a fitting end for Catherine to die as a human letting her deeds catch up with her. The one thing was where was Killian? Didn't they find him in the tower? I do engender Catherine going in with a dagger but did she end him then? Anyway, i loved the morrigu part of the story and the shee background of rowan and his chance to talk to mom now that he knew her story. I'm surprised the witch wasn't punished fur her part in Catherine's treachery. I also felt that rowan should have seen to Catherine's death officially as that was the prophesy. It seemed too hands free an effort from down when it was prophesied he be her doom but i guess he led to her being found out. Great story. Really enjoyable

Chancem77Chancem776 months agoAuthor

Thank you all for your comments I really love hearing from my readers, it means so much to me. To answer your questions, Killian left the tower when Caroline left the door open, basically allowing him to go free. She left the dagger with him and poisoned the guard, knowing Killian would go after Emilia who Caroline had accidentally killed. When Killian was found with Emilia's body it was assumed that he had killed her. Rather then be arrested, Killian turned the dagger on himself and ended his life. As for Rowan, the prophecy said that he would "destroy" her. The witch played around with the wording leading Caroline to believe that he would kill her. The witch manipulated Caroline basically ever step of the way. Rowan did in a sense "destroy" Caroline because he destroyed what she represented, and he freed the Kingdom for her treachery, and in a sense, brought the Kingdom out of the darkness by bringing peace back to the land. Originally I was going to have him kill her but I decided against it for two reasons. I did not want to make Rowan a villian. I thought him showing mercy while also leaving her to her "fate" was more fitting and also, I wanted to show that even though there had been a prophecy in place, Rowan still had a choice. Our fate is what we make it. We can choose to be good or choose to be evil. Choose forgiveness or chose revenge. Rowan choose goodness and forgiveness without losing sight of the fact that Caroline still had to face her own "demons". As for the witch, she wasn't punished because she is so elusive and feared by so many, they never would have caught her if she didn't want to be caught. By speaking to the Raven and calling it mother, I hinted to the fact that Agren was also a member of the Tuatha and therefore basically a Goddess. This can also be seen in her three forms, the mother maiden and the crone. Hope this cleared up the ending for you and thanks again for your comments. Take care all.

BlowPopJBlowPopJ6 months ago

Loved all of this!!!!

geemeedeegeemeedee6 months ago

I put off reading this because I didn’t want the story to end. Excellent work and I look forward to your next adventure for us! Thank you.

dnsontndnsontn6 months ago

In a single word: Magnificent. Thank you for taking us on this magical adventure, ChanceM77!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChancem77@Chancem77
Hello, my name is Chance. I'm a 44 year old (45 in October) gay man, happily married with three kids. My oldest just graduated from college and the two youngest are in high school. I also have a dog, and one cat that is my own, and multiple strays that I feel the need to feed ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES