All Comments on 'Shanglan'

by English Lady

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Species Confused...not GENDER.

I have to say on one had this story was written extremely well. However, the theme "gender confused" would lead someone to believe that it was about a horse that thought it was either a male when it was a female, female that thought it was a male, a male that thought it liked females only to find that it liked males etc...

Great fluidity of writing...work on the flesh..

BlackShanglanBlackShanglanabout 19 years ago
Loved it!

I thought it was brilliant. Perhaps I'm a little biased. ;) But truly, EL, you did wonderful work with a strange topic. I love where you went with it. You've created beautiful myth that is spiritually appealing and powerfully driven home with images like "the burred dark wood trunks and ... the thick canopy of prickly spines" and "Shanglan openly allows the tears to fall, every drop turning into a bright blossom around his feet." I loved the mythic/fertility god theme and the rich language that brought it to flower.

rgraham666rgraham666about 19 years ago
Very nice

A nice little piece of myth and magic.

Well done.

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisqueabout 19 years ago
Shanglan enjoyed a good ride!

Don't we all! Loved it EL.

The lyrical and sensual came together really well, loved the description of emotion. Congratulations! Hope BS is giving you a good commission on the sale of bottles of Shanglan's Tears!

Evil AlpacaEvil Alpacaabout 19 years ago
It was better than "Cats"

Beautiful! (Who's Shanglan?)

:D

ABSTRUSEABSTRUSEabout 19 years ago
Wonderful.

Such a lovely tribute to the horsey I want to keep as mine and mine alone.

geronimo_applebygeronimo_applebyabout 19 years ago
We've spoken already

Nice to see this one up. Spoken about this already EL. Had me gripped from the start and conjoured up all the visuals in my (sordid) imagination.

Read the comments and enjoy. A great piece.

angelicminxangelicminxabout 19 years ago
OMG woman!

I have chills dancing up and down my heated flesh! What a wonderful tribute to the "gender confused horse" that we all know and LOVE. Shanglan is an inspiration to me. I am so pleased to see him immortalized in such a compelling way. Hats off to you EL. ~Minx

Dar~Dar~about 19 years ago
Cool

I love it, You made a fairy tale out of sweet Shang.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
gender confused

Absolutely outstanding ! Without any doubt your best to date. Bravo !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This treasure stands the test of time! TREMENDOUS

I hope Black Shanglan will allow me to bring forth a most glowing review to be shared with current readers. I was initially tuned off by a "horsey" description but that may have be . Perhaps I'm a little biased. ;) But truly, EL, you did wonderful work with a strange topic. I love where you went with it. You've created beautiful myth that is spiritually appealing and powerfully driven home with images like "the burred dark wood trunks and ... the thick canopy of prickly spines" and "Shanglan openly allows the tears to fall, every drop turning into a bright blossom around his feet." I loved the mythic/fertility god theme and the rich language that brought it to flower."

- Black Shanglan

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous