All Comments on 'She Came In Thru A Bathroom Window'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 219 Comments
mrpervy46mrpervy46about 15 years ago
Good Story

This was a pretty good story, didn't see why it should be incest/taboo, non-sex fiction is more like it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Good story, but...

...two things. One, the title should be "She Came in Through THE Bathroom Window." You need to go back and listen to your Beatles records! :) And two, the story seems unfinished. I generally like your short, economical style, and I've had no quibbles about where you've ended other stories. But to end the story where you do feels more like a cop out than anything. A can of worms has just been opened, and what happens next?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Thoroughly Enjoyable Story

With an ending I didn't see coming. As has been said, this needs a chapter 2 though, as it has left the reader 'hanging.' Which means it is a very good story !

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Great Story that I almost missed!

I do not read Incest stories but when I saw that HDK was author I had to take a look... It was a great LW story with the HDK touch, light and quick. Thanks very much for the contribution.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 15 years agoAuthor
This is NOT an incest story!

Literotica placed the story in the wrong category, probably, because they don't actually read the stories. It had a niece character, so it was slapped into Incest/Taboo, which is totally incorrect. If there were incest, it should not have been posted at all since the niece is 14! It remains to be seen if they will correct this error. (This mistake is offensive.)

The title simply reflects the fact that the "correct" title had several characters too many to fit in the allotted title space, hence "Thru" and "A" rather than "Through" and "The" Bathroom Window. I have made a mistake on a title before, but this one was not a mistake. It was the best I could do in the space provided.

DrallDrallabout 15 years ago
Not Incest!-but GOOD!

Loving wives it is and a very good and emotional story!Thank you again,HDK (I sedom read "incest".I do read all HDK)

IceCold442IceCold442about 15 years ago
HDK

HDK,

I've read every story you've posted, and you are one of the top writers on this site. Hopefully Literotica fixes this grievous error immediately, as I to almost bypassed this story, until I saw your name beside it. Hopefully this doesn't cause too much anger to be built up, because I would hate to lose an outstanding author, to a simple yet devastating error on the part of Literotica. Keep writing, your fans are always here for you.

v/r

The Errant Drifter

curious2ccurious2cabout 15 years ago
I am beginning to wonder about Literotica

In the past I've seen stories come out placed into some sections with seemingly no regard to the story content. This is a prime example. There is a niece, but there isn't any kind of sexual contact with her by the main character in the story.

Do the proofreaders even read the stories anymore? Do they lack common sense in understanding what's written? I fail to see how this could be anything like incest. It isn't.

It IS a 'loving wives' story for certain. I'm still one author that advocates another section is required here, in that adultery or cheating... but lacking that Loving Wives is where stories like this particular one go.

I wonder, if there is a dog in a story will it become a 'non-human' story, even if the dog is just playing catch with it's master?

Haarddaysknight has written another wonderful story that tells a tale one can see in their mind as it unrolls. In that story a niece is troubled by the actions of close family and turns to the one person she feels she can trust.

Not in a sexual way but in a 'safety net' way. The way that most family should turn to one another in times of trouble.

Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of us HDK... and I do hope that the Gods of Lit correct this incredible mistaken identity and soon.

Risq_001Risq_001about 15 years ago
HDK

<p> I too almost skipped this, because I'm not into incest stories, but I thought since HDK wrote it I'd take a quick peek</p>

<p>I really liked it, except that the ending was kinda abrupt. I'm stuck with as many questions as I had going into it. The husband was content to divorce the wife leaving her in the dark as to why, and I could live with that, but once she (and the rest of the family) knew what was going on, then I kinda wanted to know the "why" and the "how long it had been going on" questions that normally come up. Without having those answered after, after letting the genie out seems strange.</p>

<p>Then there is the question of his divorce, his sister-in law's marriage, how the kids handle it (since his niece saw it first hand), do the other kids know, does the wife still contest the divorce, and does his life ever get better after such a bitter betrayal? See questions out the wazoo</p>

<p>Entertaining, and the best on the site today, but still not incest! This kinda drives me crazy >=) I'll read a "loving wives" story about a divorced man who finds out the new woman in his life is his daughter and she's known all along that he's her father and they both decide to continue like nothing is wrong, and I'll read this one about a brother-in law and sister-in law having sex and its under the incest category. Go figure. =)</p>

-Risq

tastesgreattastesgreatabout 15 years ago
Great Tale!

As always, you are the man! Another great tale. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
nice work (again)

Innovative twist on an old theme; nicely written. As to the question of which category it belongs: The thing here is that there was no actual incest, so in pure theory, the "Loving Wives" category would have been appropriate. But then, that would have given away the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great Story But Wrong Category

There was not incest just plain adultery. HDK is really a great author as usual....but I will appreciate that this wrong categorization be rectified as I understand some readers are not interested on incest/taboo themes.

torchthebitchtorchthebitchabout 15 years ago
Like many

I nearly passed because of the category. Like those who didn't I read it because it was HDK. I have noted what HDK himself says, and I would also feel aggrieved if the category I had chosen had been changed to Incest/Taboo. Apart from that, HDK, the story is well up to your usual standards. It is an interesting take on someone trying to do the right thing, only to have it blow-up in his face. As for the police officer, that is why so many of them need counselling. They have to see things we don't.

scylla23scylla23about 15 years ago
Wrong category, great story!

The consensus is that this is in the wrong category. I also almost skipped over it, but because it's a HDK story, and I'll read his grocery lists if he posts them, I gave it a shot. Well done! Glad to see you back in the saddle, sir!

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969about 15 years ago
Hello HDK

I can see why you have got upset by the story being in the incest section. But overall very good as always. Nice playing out of a family drama.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Good

HDK, I too simply read it because you wrote it. It definitely doesn't belong in the incest section. It is good to see you writing again. You have a way of telling stories that just makes the characters seem so real.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
why all the whining,dam who cares

i'm pissed becauses it wasn't finish.the ending was closed.i want closure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
dave and debbie, brother and sister

i've read and re read parts of this to be sure, aren't dave and debbie brother and sister? which would indeed be incest, wouldn't it? very well written, loved it, personally i think it IS in the correct category

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Ditto - wrong category

Well written; wrong category. I would have given you a "100" if you had put the story under "Loving Wives."

oldwayneoldwayneabout 15 years ago
Regardless of what category it should be placed in

IT WAS STILL ONE HELL OF A FINE STORY! Thank you HDK and keep on writing those great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
please continue this story

Please continue this story,there is much more that can be developed with the interesting characters you have created

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 15 years ago
Not really incest but a really good story

Since Dave and Debbie were brother in Law/sister in law, they weren't doing anything illegal,just kinky sex, is why they weren't arrested. I would imagine it would be a shock to a young girl, to see her dad and aunt acting perverted towards one an another. The whole story seems true to me and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the good story.....Rich

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
More

I am quite a fan of yours.You have 4 of my top 5 stories.I hope you are not done with this.A sequel like Eleanor Rigby would be nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Excellent Story ...

but still very sad for those hurt by the happenings in it. Felt for the husband because think anyone seeing their wife "being mastered" by another would probably take a similar root of running away. Felt for the niece also in that she was truely worried about similar things being done too her if she talked and took some extreme actions. The most shocking piece though was Debbie in that she makes a huge deal about family and it's her actions that destroyed it, that she wouldn't stop it even after her own marriage was basically over, and that she had the balls to tell her husband she'd forgive him for his "fling" if he came back. Finally you did have me wondering if there was an illegel relationship going on and had me hoping that everyone who thought so was wrong. Again excellent story and looking forward to more.

Kanga40Kanga40about 15 years ago
About time Lit woke up!!

I don't know how this site rates and categorises stories - there seems to be no 'system', merely random silliness.<BR>

Obviously, whoever re-categorised this story to incest has no idea what they are doing - plain and simple.<BR>

I noticed curious2c made a very negative comment about the supposed <I>system</I> at Lit. I believe he has a couple of stories a while back he knows are incorrectly categorised, but no one bothered to act on his requests to revise them.<BR>

There are few enough good authors submitting stories to Lit that they really should not deliberately antagonise those who remain by summarily miscategorising their stories.<BR>

I used to visit Lit and comment regularly. I just now looked and I am still way up the top 50 'Most Comments' list, but would have posted less than six comments in the past year. That is mainly because the crap the so-called system lets through to be posted is so bad I rarely visit unless someone I trust recommends a story.<BR>

Unfortunately what was once a really good site is slowly going down the drain.

SalamisSalamisabout 15 years ago
A fine story

Thanks for another entertaining and thought provoking story, superbly crafted as usual. However, even with the sober content I had to laugh at the title. Joe Cocker's rendition of that song never ceases to force a smile.

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneabout 15 years ago
Another Great Story from HDK

Thanks or your continuing excellence. There is nothing more that needs or should be said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Could of been better

I liked most but not the wimp factor. I also did not like the class they put the story in. As always I look for HDK stories and thanks for this.

Zeb40Zeb40about 15 years ago
Good, as usual.

Loved this. Glad it was recategorized. Keep on writing.

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Some Nice Moves For An Old Guy

Beatles Song - HUH. Very nice work Author. You should stop in more often.<P>

With Very High Regard

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 15 years ago
One of Your BEST stories!!!!

EVER.

<br></br>

Really.

<br></br>

Two comments. First is there going to be a sequel?

<br></br>

SECOND IF there is one minor flaw in this wonderful story it seems to be that Jack's motiviations are NOT clear why whe would NOT tell ANYONE.

<br></br>

I understand what Jack was trying to say in subtle ways in his comments to his cheating wife Debbie in the beginning of the story.

<br></br>

You do a wonderful job of showing us how stunningly

shocking it must of been for Jack to see Dave fuck Debbie into a sexula frenzy like that. That comes across really

well. So Jack seems to be afraid of talking to his cheating wife Knowing what Debbie will say... Jack you are awful in bed ...

<br></br>

But you also make it clear that Jack is a man of honor and integrity. So why tell someone ?

<br></br>

Why take all the heat? Maybe what he saw just threw him totally for a "loop" but Jacks sense of right and wrong (it

seems to me) would NOT accept that he was going to be made the bad guy here.

<br></br>

and up until Danni's story at the end he was the bad guy.

These are Just minor points.

<br></br>

I loved this story and would LOVE a sequel

zed0zed0about 15 years ago
Great Story

Can't wait for part 2.

jack_strawjack_strawabout 15 years ago
A good day

We have classics by harddaysknight and scorpio all in the same day. What's the occasion? Note to Harry: I think this is it, no sequel. Not that I would mind one, but it stands perfectly as is. At any rate, I need to break out of my writer's block and get to work. This site is finally starting to pick up again and I need to get back in the game.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Why?

Like many other readers, I am a big fan of HDK, but I find this story mystifying. Why does he make such a secret of his reason for divorcing his wife? Why does his wife continue to offer to forgive him for his unfaithfulness. when she know she is the unfaaithful one? It's almost like HDK is trying to deliberately mislead readers until he has Danni expose the the whole dirty secret at the end of the story. Very confusing.

the Ct. Yankee

CastleStoneCastleStoneabout 15 years ago
Needs a sequel

This story does cry out for a sequel.

brain_damagebrain_damageabout 15 years ago
Vintage HDK

I thought this was vintage HDK. You are definately one of the best and it's always a pleasure to read your work. Please keep writing for us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Average

HDK, I think technically you are a very good author. However I believe you need to challenge yourself, this wasn’t a stretch for you. For once I would like to see you write a strong male protagonist. Like most older writers you tend to give your male characters wisdom and forgiveness beyond their years. Don’t make him noble or too forgiving but realistic warts and all.

ohioohioabout 15 years ago
A wonderful story

Very dark, very powerful. Like a number of other readers I'd love to see a sequel, if HDK has one in mind, but I get the feeling that this one is at an end. What is left to say? We can see how it all inevitably has to shake out.

***

Thanks, HDK. You are the master--

***

ohio

thebulletthebulletabout 15 years ago
great as usual

<p>It's obvious that the husband wouldn't reveal the reason for the divorce because he didn't want to screw up the other marriage for the sake of the wife and the daughter.</p>

<p>I too felt that a lot was left unsaid at the end. But then again, HDK has always been spare in his story telling, using only enough words to do the job.</p>

<p>So I suppose no sequel is in order. </p>

<p>Another great twist on the cheating wife genre from HDK.

</p>

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Wow

This hit a nerve with husbands, the thought that another man could take over your loving wife this way is a nighmare everyone has had. His lack of response isn't my way, confrontaion and destruction at finding out would have been my way but I understand his reason and his hindsight was right on. Hope there is more but I can live with this. Thanks for the story.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 15 years ago
Good

I think I guessed what was happening about half way through, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you enjoy a story even more when it works out the way you had figured it. Great story Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Pretty good story

I have to say I liked it quite a bit. As one previous poster has said, it really strikes a nerve with some of us hubbies. Our greatest fear is that some Don Juan will come in and either take control of our wives like this guy did or romance our spouses away. Any chance of a Sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great!Sequel Please!

Great plot!The husband is a strong man to avoid destroying another marriage.HDK, make a sequel!Deb and Dave should PAY for their acts!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Right category!

HDK likes to fool his readers, so maybe the category is only part of the deception.

Please, no sequel, this story is over, write a new one instead. HDK is the best!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Liked It Alot!

As a previous poster already noted - this was CLASSIC Harddaysknight. It was great. But it does highlight WHY every victimized spouse is morally obligated to inform the other victimized spouse when discoveries are made. Telling Marian, instantly, only has 'Up sides". As it ALWAYS does, kids or not. Ignorance may be bliss, but it's still ignorance, and voluntarily, that's disgusting and pathetic. I believe the classification is MORON. And deciding whether the data is wanted or not, is simply not the data-holders right. Yeah 'once the genie's out of the bottle'. The info holder simply does not have the right to decide for someone else if its Good data, or Bad data.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
what do you do?

you speak, and you expose a vulnerablity [not to mention sense of humiliation], DON'T and the non answers generate suppositions by parents, others. a very good reason to divorce her, and the ugly truth is ultimately to come out.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 15 years ago
Another masterpiece!

Like life, it has some smiles more pain and if you earned it – the warmth of love and support of the people you were wise enough to invest in… <P>

As usual, I don’t think there are more than two or three authors here who could compete with the artistic level of ‘showing’ (vs. ‘telling’) in which HDK can insert incredible richness and complexities through seemingly “simple” descriptions. As a result almost every thing is implied hinted and understand; the direct statements are reserved only for the dramatic climax where they create the maximum effect (see the final confrontation with the cheaters and the disclosure of what both Jack and his niece had seen). <P>

What I find so disarming and human was the admission of Jack that he was so wrong in trying to protect his niece, her mother, and his parents in law from his knowledge of the affair and his confession that he was naïve in believing that the cheaters would get the hint of him leaving HIS marriage and will ‘cease and decease’ their affair… This should provide us with Jack’s motivation – well intentioned even if proven wrong (as he so sorrowfully admits). Also touching was his other motivation in going quietly. It’s his sense of humiliation and inadequacy. Misguided as it may be, it’s brave and honest of him to admit of it when things had to be exposed for the sake of the people he loved (excluding the skunk wife of course…). What a great read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
ALMOST MISSED IT

Like many others have commented, I almost missed this story because it was posted under Incest. I did not read it when it was posted however, today while reading your latest submission I decided to re-read some of your stories and came across this one. I was not disappointed. I love the texture your characters have and the way you can pull the reader right into your stories. Please don't stop writing for this site because it would be a crime. You are truly one of the most talented writers this site has.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great story.

So, you're still writing excellent little stories!! Enjoyed this very much. Have to admit I figured out the problem when Danni didn't want to go home, though. Great job HDK!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Oh wow

I convinced myself that I was taking the high road, but I wasn't. I was on the wimp expressway. It seems that all of harddays stories are like this. He takes a plot and milks it ad infinitium ad nauseum. If he couldn't do this he would have no stories to write. Any why is it that his husbands are always throwing up. Talk about wimps. NYMINUS@YAHOO.COM

sexmatesexmateover 14 years ago
Sweet ending!

To bad we didn't get to hear any explanations from Dave and Debbie. And why was Chester so silent when he never was before?

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good Story

Needs an aftermath story to be told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
one of the

this is one dumb story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
hmm..

yep, pretty dumb

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

story is not finished.we are all up in the air wondering what happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You seem to lack the ability to finish a story...

pity...one star

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Story

Interesting twist as to how cheating affects the entire family. The last commentor is obviously a moron. The main characters are the neice and uncle not the cheating wife and husband. Nice perspective play here.

NKenNKenover 13 years ago
What absolute Ninnies some anonymous...

commenters are!

HDK is one of my favourite authors on this site. He/she tells many excellent tales, some complete stories, some with a moral and many that get the reader to think! Some stories could easily lead in to a follow-up story and to me this is one of those that tells a story but also has the opportunity to develop further chapters on their own merit!

For those who remain anonymous and spout gibberish claiming they only give one star, i suggest you either reveal your own talents or go back to reading Harlequin or Mills & Boon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

HDK's stories are almost always well written and this, short though it is, is one of the best. I can't help wondering whether some of the anonymous dissing might not come from same-genre authors who are jealous of HDK's star ratings.

movermoverover 13 years ago
Anonymous

Can you read? Do you read? Or do you just see an author and make asinine comments? If you do read the story, and still make these comments, you need a course in reading comprehension.

Another great one, Hdk, a little serious, but still great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent story

Can't believe I missed this story the first time I read your material. I went back and read Eleanor which was awesome and now this one which is right up there also. Both stories were well written and kept you wondering where it was going and who did what. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

It needs another chapter. Too many things left untied.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
I think he is a social researcher and we -

Are guinea pigs ROFL -

He poses so many thought provoking questions - I love it -

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
AND NOW EVERBODY STANDS AND WONDERS

will there ever be light into the gloom.. TK U MLJ LV NV

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 12 years ago
Not So Good

Sorry, way too much left unfinished for my taste. It was a good start to a great story but ended before its time. It held so much promise but now I am sorry I read it.

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
Not so good, for having started in the middle of the story, with few connections

until the final purging of facts.

This type of story with the author holding back most of the vital information is frustrating to read, not intriguing.

Having the hubby, once again for LW, be in denial and a stubborn prick on top of it makes for bad literature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWnorcal is so stupid

he needs help using Hamburger Helper

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

This feels unfinished, like so many of your other stories, it's like you get bored with it and give up, finish your damn stories!

farthmaulfarthmaulabout 12 years ago

This story is so incomplete. No closure, no answers to a lot of questions. Please write stories that actually have resolutions than being left so open ended.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Why didn't you finish the story?

Was an entertaining story until the end when it was left dangling.

deadonedeadoneabout 12 years ago
Sorry to disagree

The story is complete. Three families will be broken up, don't forget that Chester and Dottie have lost basically lost half their family also. There is no riding into the sunset, no hero to get the girl. Just people that will try to work through life.

Get story.

But Jack is very lucky because in real life he would have still been labeled a sexual predator and had his life destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Is that it??

Unfinished! Not good!!

VickieTernVickieTernabout 12 years ago
It's hard to believe

that Debbie would be so unwary of discovery, and unsuspicious, that she would believe he was unfaithful without clear evidence, and bring her full family in high dudgeon to help preach forgiveness to him. She has to be pathologically blocked or dim-witted, and her sexual masochism explains neither of those. But it's always satisfying when a virtuous martyr is finally recognized as such.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very true to life

but also incomplete and not a satisfactory ending

***

sqheadgermansqheadgermanabout 12 years ago
GR8

great story... Do you have any others on this line ??

MarvinSMarvinSabout 12 years ago
Oops

I thought I was reading a StangStar6 story and wondered where the Mustang was. Great story!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
On the re-read

For those who cannot grasp how Debbie could be so thick headed - you have to realize a simple truth that shows up here - she (like most people good or bad) sees most of the world through her little filters - she assumed he cheated BECAUSE she did and found that a better explanation than the truth because it fit her approach to him.

She put on the act - and poorly as noted - of the wronged spouse to protect herself and her lifestyle not out of any real need for him. The superior attitude is typical of a person who holds the other in contempt - which she did keeping him in the dark about so much while enjoyed her alternate life with no risk (in their minds anyway).

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Well Written

Excellent tale. The wife was so selfish that she couldn't fathom that she was the reason her husband left and only after the child almost died and her affair was brought to light was there a recognition of guilt. HDK could have continued the tale but everything needed for the end is already there. You just need to interpret the details and the conclusion is obvious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
excellent story

This an excellent story. If it were rewritten fleshed out and more of an anticlimax added to follow up on Dave, and especially on Debbie explaining their ultimate fate, it would probably be my all time favorite. This could perhaps be accomplished in another page and a half to two pages.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very nice.

Good story. Well paced. But maybe a little more at the end as to how the mess was dealt with? I always seem to want to know more. Maybe Marian could kick Debbie's

ass. That would be fun!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
unfinished

Oh so typical write a story but no guts to finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
finish it

finish it please

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
OUCH!

Well that was an interesting not-quite-finished ending. Maybe the cop should have shot a couple of people. A sequel would be interesting, but given Authors proclivity on this site to leave things up in the air, I suppose we'll all have to write the ending in our minds. Or get "Finishthedamnstory" to write an ending for us.

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
Finish

FINISH THIS!!!

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
Usually

Usually, I feel that the reader should respect the story that the writer wants to tell. But this story feels like the writer just quit.

Robert

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It is finished

The awful secret has been exposed. What else is there to write? Whether Marian and Dave get divorced? Whether Debbie and Dave live and lust together again? Whether Debbie is ostracized by her family? Whether her children reject and avoid her? Whether Jack finds his self-respect and confidence to start a new life with another woman (maybe even Marian?) Whether everyone lives unhappily ever after?

No story ever ends; the author and the readers just decide that no more needs to be said about the characters or their future.

[Of course, if Harddaysknight wants to share what he thinks could or should happen, I'm sure there would be readers to honor or disrespect his imagination.]

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Nice Story

I would like to see how the author played out the destruction of two families but I can live with this ending. It is certainly a climax and could be played out either way. Interesting well done story. I will say that the male characters self evaluation of traveling down the wimp highway is 100% correct.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

This story has remained without a proper conclusion for four years. I'm sad about that, because I've enjoyed the tale a lot, but that's also a reason why I voted only three stars.

wizard724wizard724about 10 years ago
What?

I wish you could have finished it. I'm sure you know what the ending is. BTW you already told us she came in the window. Why?

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Unusually Sad

An unusually sad one from HDK. No humor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good one

Short, to the point & well written. It doesn't need anything further as it would only be window dressing what is already a good story. A high 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why can't you finish what you start ? ? ?

ARZzzzzE

bill.........5

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
*****

Very good and complete short story, no second part needed.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
"She implied that my relationship with my sister's niece was not normal"

Your sister's niece is also YOUR niece.

And to anon who said Dave and Diane were commiting incest, "Brother in law" and "Sister in law" are just social terms to refer to a spouse's siblings. There is no family or blood relationship to them. You cannot gain a family's DNA by marriage! You are related to them in the same way that you are related to your annoying neighbour, as in; not at all, but you still have to put up with them for a quiet life!

Incest takes place between blood relations, not 'In laws'. Actually even the term 'In laws' is also a misconception, as even in the eyes of the law, you are not actually related to them!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@krosis666 re: Niece

"Your sister's niece is also YOUR niece."

Not necessarily -

My sister's HUSBAND has a niece, who is also her niece, but she is NOT my niece!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Cheaters

I love how cheaters are so quick to tell there spouse, "Just admit what you did, Honey, and we'll get past it," when THEY are the ones doing the wrong!

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Agree with @KarenE...

Cheaters (men or women) that cheat for a long time loose all kind of guilty feelings, think that what they do is normal, but the spouse cheats also then is wrong, but they show their great heart forgiving them...What a cynics they are...

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
so tell me

Would someone please explain this idea of hiding the misbehavior of those that do you wrong?

It seems like hiding the cat shit under the carpet instead of letting in lay on the linoleum so that people can see that their "oh so wonderful" cat is at fault.

So their family becomes disillusioned about them, how is that worse than allowing them to be played for fools?

gara5289gara5289over 9 years ago

Really liked it and would've loved another page or another chapter for all or at least some of the fallout.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1*

what a fucking idiot. boring as hell.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

story TAGS