She Stole My Wife Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maninconn
maninconn
2,105 Followers

"Nonsense," I replied. "Instinct takes over. You'll be fine."

Although we talked it over, I didn't feel like I had convinced her, and I began to plan for the multiple paths this little adventure could take. What if Kim was right, and wasn't mommy material. Would Andrea help her? Might this drive them apart? How could I best introduce the baby into Jeffy's world? How could I continue to build my new career if I wound up being the primary caregiver to both a newborn baby and a teenage boy with severe issues on the autism spectrum? I began to look for help.

I advertised in papers and contacted agencies. I found many competent nannies for a newborn, but few that felt comfortable with Jeffy too. Those few were ready for anything for a reason, they were desparate for a job, and lacked the qualifications or the character I was looking for. I began to think I'd have to let my work rest with the songs I'd already finished, and become a full time Dad, when I met Sofia.

She didn't respond to my ads. She wasn't looking for a position. She was living with her sister Anita for the summer following her graduation from college. They had both immigrated from Eastern Europe, Anita first when she met her husband who served in the military in Europe. Sofia had followed four years later to attend college.

They liked to sit near the same spot where Jeffy and I sat by the pool at our beach club. They were obviously enjoying their summer together, and weren't quietly guarding the content of their conversations. They were very friendly with Jeffy and I, and Jeffy and I both had fun with Anita's younger kids. Plus they were gorgeous! Sofia was a tiny thing, and looked like you could pick her up and carry her under one arm. She was beautifully proportioned, and turned all the male heads when she walked down the pool deck towards the clubhouse. Anita was a slightly older version of Sofia, dirty blonde, curves where they were needed, and very trim for a mother of two in her very late twenties.

Late in the summer, their conversations turned to what Sofia was going to do for a living. Anita was worried that Sofia needed a reason to stay in the country now that her student visa had expired. Anita was concerned that Sofia hadn't looked for a job, and was wasting her summer away. Sofia defended herself saying she needed some time and space to write, and if she wasn't making a living at it in 5 years, she'd get a regular job. It was the grasshopper and the ant, the classic argument between an artist wanting the freedom to create and the voice of reason expecting calling them to the task of supporting themselves...with an immigration agent thrown in for variation. Anita didn't feel she'd have room for Sofia once the school year kicked back into gear and the house got busier.

"It just won't do for you to take over the living room permanently! You need an apartment or at least a room of your own!" Anita admonished her.

"I can help."

They both looked at me with blank expressions as I spoke up. I explained my need for help with my kids. I offered her separate living quarters in the spacious but unused in-law apartment above my garage. I offered her a good salary, great since she needed to pay no rent or utilities, and since meals came with the deal. I explained that I worked at home most of the time, and that between the two of us, we should both be able to find time to write and still cover the needs of the kids and keep the house in order.

"You'd be near your sister, you'd help me out, and you'd have the freedom to write all you wanted while living in a household that really gets the needs of an artist."

Anita paused for a moment, then began to reassert her position that Sofia needed to find a responsible position, although the offer was appreciated…

"I'll take it."

Sofia made up her mind on the spot. She wanted, more than anything to write, and develop her craft. Her decision silenced Anita, who seemed satisfied that a decision was made, and Sofia would have some direction in her life that didn't involve spending the fall and winter on the couch in Anita's living room.

The months passed, and late one night I got the call from Andrea that they were en route to the hospital. I raced there myself, and when I arrived, Kim was already fully involved in the labor pains of childbirth. To me, this is a woman's most beautiful moment. It is that time in her life when the guard is totally gone. She doesn't care about her hair, or her looks in general, but she looks beautiful nonetheless. She can say anything she wants, and no one takes offense. She can scream without anyone holding it against her. None of it matters in her determination to deliver her baby.

Kim did all of the above, but finally, hair askew, face red and sweaty, body racked with pain and nearly exhausted, and a scream that was heard in the next county, Tina was born. The doctor carefully handed my daughter to the attending pediatrician, and two separate teams went to work, one attending to Kim, one to the baby. Kim's was exhausted, as I massaged her shoulders while not once taking my eyes off my daughter. Finally the pediatrician handed my baby to Kim, to hold telling us she was fine, a beautiful and healthy baby girl.

Kim's arms did not come up to hold Tina. She was exhausted sure, but Andrea always eagerly foind the energy to hold the other children at this important moment. The pediatrician looked at me, and I eagerly took my little girl in arms. In my joy, I didn't notice Kim drift off to sleep.

Andrea and I were both dumbfounded at Kim's lack of interest in her daughter in the delivery room, but were more surprised that her lack of emotion continued once she had rested. She nursed reluctantly, but wouldn't hold the baby more than the time required to feed her. Andrea was obviously jealous, but was still enamored with Tina. She was thrilled to hold the baby, and had a real hard time understanding Kim's detachment. That detachment reached its low point when Kim determined that I would be the baby's primary caregiver. Tina would live with me. I didn't understand, but I didn't argue. I took my daughter home.

Sofia was a wonderful nanny to both the baby and Jeffy. Jeffy was old enough to understand a boy should like a pretty girl, and she had him wrapped around her finger. The house ran very smoothly, and we saw a lot of Andrea, Kim and Anita. My older kids flew home for Tina's christening, and spent the week doting on their new sister. She looked so much like the other three had as infants, that Andrea couldn't help doting on her too, and her jealousy was replaced by love for the baby.

I held a huge clambake for Tina's christening party, and invited everyone I knew. We had relatives fly in from all over, friends from school, friends from my life with Andy, the entire cast of her divorce party showed up, most of who were now closer to me than to either Andy or Kim. Karen was there in a seductive dress as if to remind me of how long it had been since our last no strings attached booty call together. Ellen was there, and when she politely kissed me on the lips upon her arrival, made sure to slip me just enough tongue to remember how skilled she was at using it. Andy walked around like nothing ever happened, like she was still the woman of the house. Kim was there too. She was terrified of being responsible for a child, and wanted nothing of being a mother, but wanted to be there to watch Tina grow. She kept her distance most of the time, but managed to hold Tina just enough to let her know she wasn't going to be a total stranger.

Sofia was so good with the baby, and flourished in my household. She treated Tina like her own daughter. Plus she was sexy as hell. She was however a bit young for me, so I kept things on the up and up, one up for the state of my cock and the other for the state of my zipper. Good thing Ellen and Karen visited so often.

I thought an awful lot about the rollercoaster emotions and sexual relationships I had held with so many of the guests. Strangely, none of those thoughts aroused me. A year ago, I was clawing at a peephole, spewing my orgasm all over the inside of a tiny closet I was so frustrated and continually horny. Now all I felt was calm. I felt strong. Something that had nagged me for this whole episode of my life no longer nagged me, was satisfied. I couldn't put my finger on it.

Later, most of our guests had left from the christening party, and only Andy, Kim, Sofia, Anita and my kids remained. Karen and Ellen lingered as well. As I served coffee and we looked at the pictures we had all taken during the day, talk turned to how our lives had changed since last year. I listened calmly as Suzy told us how upset she had been, but how proud she was that I handled it all so well. She apologized to Andy for shutting her out all year.

Kim apologized too for how she treated me at first, but actually said she loved me now, and since she was going to be a shitty mom was glad her daughter had such a beautiful father. She announced that she and Andrea had come to an understanding, that they really didn't understand each other well enough to remain a couple. My older kids eyes brightened, and Andrea looked right at me.

Anita was a bit uncomfortable with all this sharing, and got up to leave, Sofia and I showed her to the door. I smiled and thanked her for coming. Sofia walked her to her car. As I watched them go, Andrea had come up behind me.

"Jimmy, I'm so sorry. I understand if you aren't interested, but I'd like to become a bigger part of your life again."

"It's nice of you to say. But I think I may just stay where I am for awhile."

I looked her eye to eye. There was no way she could read the pain she had caused me in my eyes. She couldn't read it because Tina had erased it. I could read the rejection register in Andy's eyes however. As nicely as I had phrased it, a rejection was a rejection, and now Andrea was faced with the prospect of going home to a house that was quite empty except for memories, many of which were of promise that would never materialize. I had no interest in discussing the issue, and turned to go back to the living room.

Kim handed me my daughter, and suddenly everything was right again with the world. There I sat, surrounded my sons and by all the women that meant most to me in my life, all of my favorite lovers, plus my two beautiful daughters with their mothers. I understood the hole Andy had left in my life had been filled. I had many someones to grow old with. Some of them were my history, and I would grow old with memories I would always treasure. Some of them were my legacy, my kids, whom I would cherish and watch over as long as I lived. Some of them were my colleagues, artists and writers whom I could share beauty with every day. Some of them were lovers, with whom I could share times of passion and physical heat. Some of them were friends, whom I could call on to share short pieces of my life's journey. I was sure this circle was still growing as well. There would be new memories, and new lovers, and new friends with adventures and episodes yet to come.

One realization leads to another. And the light my thoughts had finally cast on this group of women showed that in the end that it was my ties to them that had set me free. I didn't raise a ruckus when Andy told me of her thing for Kim. I let her go peacefully without dirtying the love I had held for her. By taking my love affairs with Karen and the others at face value, enjoying those times for what they were, but without putting too much emphasis on them, I was able to find the difference in and a balance between having sex and making love, that made me feel very at ease with women, whether romantically interested or not. By controlling my emotions when they could have gotten the better of me, I was able to channel the energy the created into a creative vein that became quite profitable.

Andy gave me three beautiful kids. She was my first love, and will always be the love of my life. Though I sound mushy talking about her this way, that mushiness is based entirely in nostalgia, in the past. She betrayed my trust, and I knew I could never get that back again. No matter how sorry she was, or friendly we became, I knew I could not get back to a point where I could live with her again, and the idea of even dating her was uncomfortable. The thought of making love to her was turned my stomach

Karen and Ellen released me from Andy emotionally. They opened my eyes to the merit of being with a woman just for the sake of the good times living in the moment. They inspired me to reach for new achievements artistically. They remained my good friends, and from the looks Karen gave me during the party, I knew I'd be hearing from her very soon.

Kim gave me the best gift of all. My older children were born when I was so young, that I always assumed that someone was Andy. I assumed she'd be there when they left for their own lives. Kim gave me Tina, my late in life treasure. That gift brought with it the realization that maybe someone to grow old with didn't have to be a wife.

What started out unconventionally ended predictably. I left Andy in the end. So did Kim. I suppose Andy will spend a couple of months alone, but eventually she'll settle down with someone. I hope he, or she, is good for her. Kim has more commitment issues than most of the men she criticizes so vigorously. She can't commit to a partner, even one who makes such great sacrifices in order to win her favor. She cheats as readily as anyone. She couldn't commit to her own daughter. I hope she finds peace too. Jeffy loves his new house. He fishes and goes kayaking right off the dock behind the house. He was in walking distance of the beach club, the mini golf course and his favorite eateries. Andy visits him often, and takes him for weekends and vacations regularly. My older kids forgave their mother for leaving our marriage when they saw how happy my life became in her wake. After all, I wound up wealthy, renowned, in a beautiful new house on the water, in great physical shape, and with a sex life I wouldn't believe if I weren't experiencing it. I guess you could say I traded up.

I held Tina gently to my face, and as I looked her in the eye, the circle of women got so quiet you could hear them holding their breath. I kissed her forehead, called her my little treasure, and thanked her for coming into my life. I had my someone to grow old with, and I intended to savor every minute of our life together.

Epilogue

It's been nineteen years since that fateful day when Andrea changed my life. At one time I would have said she ripped my life apart, but no more. Tina graduated from High School last spring, and is off to college. Jeffy grew up as well, and needed his independence. He is living in a small group home near the beach, where he works as a maitre d' in a restaurant. Actually he owns the restaurant, courtesy of his dad, but his manager runs the place for him, and he gets to earn a living doing what he does best, talking to people and making them feel welcome and at ease. Andy re-married, but after a year realized the guy was a lazy freeloader, and divorced him. Imagine his surprise when he found out she didn't own the house, and he got next to nothing in the divorce settlement. She retired from teaching and shortly after got a new roommate…Kim. Kim never got in between a couple again. Kim and Andrea reconciled as friends, but never paired up as a couple again, though I suspect they still spend and occasional intimate night together. She is friendly with me, and actually loves Tina, who knows her as Aunt Kim. I told Tina the truth about her mother as soon as she was old enough to ask, but she never changed how she regarded Kim. My older kids have families of their own, an bring the grandkids by every chance they get. My daughter tired of living abroad, and actually bought a house a quarter mile from mine.

Ellen had a great career as a songwriter, though never had a hit song of her own. She also worked as an agent for my friend, and took over his firm when he retired. Karen married and had a beautiful family, with 8 kids. I still miss her booty calls, and suspect she does too. My lovely chauffeur had actually spent her time working for her dad, who owned the company. She took control when he died, and began to charter busses and airport shuttles. Even though she made a fortune, every time I called for a car, she drove.

Sofia spent 6 months living with me, taking care of Jeffy and Tina. Her residency status was threatened, and in order to avoid problems with immigration I married her. Yes it was a marriage of convenience, but it didn't take long for Sofia to treasure being introduced as my wife. She loved Tina and Jeffy as if they were her own children, even though Jeffy was actually closer to her in age than I was. She became an enormous part of our day to day life, so much so I couldn't imagine her gone.

The night she was given the oath of citizenship, she came to my room. It was dark, and I knew from her voice she was crying. She thanked me for all I had done, and was very emotional. I sat up and put my arm around her. She rested her head on my shoulder.

"Is it over?"

I knew she was talking about our marriage. We had slept separately, all those months, and never even kissed, well at least not romantically. I had never brought a lover home, and she too had stayed away with her dates, though they were few. We had in all respects maintained a marriage, except for the sex.

"You will divorce me now? I must leave Tina and Jeffy? And you?"

I looked at her beautiful face as it glowed a gentle blue from the moonlight in the window. Her tears glistened against her cheek, and I tenderly wiped them away.

"No, Sofia, you stay. Stay as long as you like."

"I have been good wife to you? I make a good mother to Tina and Jeffy? "

"Yes you have, and you are."

"Then no divorce."

I just began to realize what she wanted. She wanted to stay. She loved me. She stood and removed her robe. She slid beneath my covers, and pressed her body close to me.

"I will be very good wife to you."

I came to realize she was right. She is the perfect wife to me. I realized that feeling of not being able to imagine life without her was love. I had been so pre-occupied with all that had gone on in my life, I hadn't realized how much I did feel for her. When she slid under those covers, I felt something I hadn't felt with Ellen or Karen or Kim or…well you get the picture. This time the heat was more intense. Every feeling was more magnified. She took my clothing and slid it from me, then….

Wait, I know I told you everything about my other women, but this is different. I love Sofia, so there are details you don't get to know. I wouldn't have ever told you intimate details about Andrea either, until she ended the story. Sex is one thing, but making love shouldn't be shared with an audience. Before you make love, you lock the door.

Sofia did become a writer, and we celebrated when her beautiful novel hit the best sellers list. What can I say, we were a fit! We spend every moment we can together. We take dance classes every week so we'll look good every Saturday night dancing at the country club. We travel, have an active social life, hear concerts and tour museums. We both love to cook, and take turns in the kitchen. It is good to have a young wife, she infects me with her energy and joie d'vivre.

Best of all is Sunday afternoons. Every Sunday we wake up late and have a leisurely breakfast in our sunny kitchen. We go to church, stop for lunch, and then in the afternoon we go walk the beach. We come home, and I take her hand. I lead her upstairs, and lock the door.

maninconn
maninconn
2,105 Followers
12